Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:34 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

My orthodontist's assistant told me I had beautiful skin today (Wowza - haven't ever heard that before!!!!!!) and also noticed my lips (had to tell her about Lips2Kiss.com, of course).

Scaly,

So, would you say the Lips2Kiss stuff was THE thing that helped the most with your lips? And which of their products are you using?

And BTW - your skin does look amazing. I've been following your posts for months now and your results are very impressive. (Do i even need to say that I've been saving for BQ for a while, and have recently added NuFace to my wish-list Rolling Eyes Shock Very Happy ).

Thanks!
Rubby Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

My orthodontist's assistant told me I had beautiful skin today (Wowza - haven't ever heard that before!!!!!!) and also noticed my lips (had to tell her about Lips2Kiss.com, of course).

Scaly,

So, would you say the Lips2Kiss stuff was THE thing that helped the most with your lips? And which of their products are you using?

And BTW - your skin does look amazing. I've been following your posts for months now and your results are very impressive. (Do i even need to say that I've been saving for BQ for a while, and have recently added NuFace to my wish-list Rolling Eyes Shock Very Happy ).

Thanks!
Rubby Smile

Hi, Rubby. I still use CPs (to help rebuild collagen) around my lips but the Lips2Kiss system has absolutely made a difference and continues to do so. I use the whole 4-piece base system as well as the color/gloss but that can`t be started for 2-3 weeks to give your lips a chance to rejuvinate a bit. So, yes, I do think it`s this system that has made the biggest difference so far. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

Hi, Rubby. I still use CPs (to help rebuild collagen) around my lips but the Lips2Kiss system has absolutely made a difference and continues to do so. I use the whole 4-piece base system as well as the color/gloss but that can`t be started for 2-3 weeks to give your lips a chance to rejuvinate a bit. So, yes, I do think it`s this system that has made the biggest difference so far. Smile

Thanks Scaly (hope it's OK to use this nick name)!

I use CPs too, but find that they don't do much for my lips or the above-the-lip area. I really need to do something else - so the L2K system may just be the thing.

Thanks again!

Rubby Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
geisha707
5% products discount

Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Please keep this forum rolling. I am still sitting on the fence with nuface and tua viso!!!! Tua viso easier to get hold of in uk you see - also a little put off with having to slap icky goo on my face with nuface as i get acne, I'm sure it would cause breakouts. seeing sclwgrls results with the nuface is a great persuasion though.you look truly yummymummy (or yummy g'mummy!!) Could you gals just starting out let me know how the conductive gel and spray is with nuface. If you get any breakouts then my poor skin won't stand a chance. As far as I gather the nuface and tua viso basically do the same thing but there a few pros and cons to both of them (correct me if i am wrong). I think I will sit on the fence a little longer while this discussion unfolds. If more people get results like sclwgrls without breakouts then I might just have to go to all the trouble of going through customs and VAT beaureaucracy. Mad
I am also sulking because can't get baby q in uk. Can't mail order it from states either as we have 220v power over here Sad . can get lightstim though. of course being 29 you could argue i don't need them but prevention is better than cure.

OOHHH PS I am assuming that either nuface or tua viso will help lift my brow from years of frowning in bright light!!???

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I think that if you want the Baby Q you can get it mailed to you, it wll work in the UK with an adapter. I am going to Scotland at the end of January and James is sending me an adapter to take with me.

Ricky
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I finally got up the nerve to 'shock' my face with the NuFace. I have it turned down really low and can barely feel it, but I can see the flashes in my eyes when I get close in that area.

It may be my imagination, but I swear my forehead already seems lifted, which then lifts my eyebrows and eyes. This is is one of the main things I am after so I hope I'm right.

Does anyone here that has the NuFace use the mist instead of the gel? I would like to use the mist instead, but I'm not sure it will be conductive enough.

Also, what approx 'strength' do you all use?
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried both the mist and the gel- I couldn't feel anything with the gel- even cranked all the way. With the mist, I feel a little tingling, but I'm having difficulty getting on the right amount- too much and I feel nothing, too little, it dries too fast, then the metal probes kind of stick instead of slide. What are all of you using? Any suggestions? Anyone try it on bare skin? Merry Chrisymas Eve!! Very Happy Very Happy
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
On bare skin it felt uncomfortable, really "prickly" I use it cranked all the way up, and can't feel it with either mist or gel, although I do see the flashes. I do dislike the gel a lot too,it feels really sticky and gunky to me. and I find it doesn't glide over the skin when I am using it. I wish there was something else to use instead
Ricky
geisha707
5% products discount

Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to try the adaptor thing! The only problem is I think using one voids the warranty. I wish they made a 240v one. ACNELAMP (light therapy for pimples) sell their products in both 110v and 240v.
As far as the nuface is concerned - it seems everyone is raving about it, but then everyone raves about the tua viso too. I'm not desperate for it yet - so I am going to be patient before I make up my mind. The nuface is more expensive - but who cares if it's a better product!! THe only rush for me is that the british pound is a strong currency at the moment so the nuface is £212. I have to say though, I do like the fact that no gel is needed to use the TV - but i've heard many a person say the TV takes forever to use.
HEY - you folks using the baby q or lightstim technology. ANyone notice any difference in zit breakouts?? I've heard infra red really helps!!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE. At least all of you who have your nuface will be able to get rid of the puffy hangover look by giving your faces a lymphatic drainage with your nifty device!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Happy holidays everyone! I wanted to let you all know that I stopped using the gel and mist products that came with the Nuface (I felt they were causing breakouts). So, I ordered some conductive gel off eBay (you can find it at Sally`s Beauty Supply, I heard, as well). This does not cause breakouts and I do wash it off afterward.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Happy holidays everyone! I wanted to let you all know that I stopped using the gel and mist products that came with the Nuface (I felt they were causing breakouts). So, I ordered some conductive gel off eBay (you can find it at Sally`s Beauty Supply, I heard, as well). This does not cause breakouts and I do wash it off afterward.

Scally
Thanks for that, I will check it out as I dislike both the gel and the mist, I find that the probes tend to drag with both of them. Tell me, when you use your NuFace to you feel anything at all, and does the green light flicker when it's on or is it just on steadily? Sorry if I am giving you the 3rd degree but you do tend to be a"Guru"to us newbies!
Ricky
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
rickyhpierre wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Scally
Thanks for that, I will check it out as I dislike both the gel and the mist, I find that the probes tend to drag with both of them. Tell me, when you use your NuFace to you feel anything at all, and does the green light flicker when it's on or is it just on steadily? Sorry if I am giving you the 3rd degree but you do tend to be a"Guru"to us newbies!
Ricky

I feel a bit of tingling on my neck and forehead only. On my cheeks, I can still feel the Nuface but only as a flicker. Sorry, but I`ve never noted the green light and what it does - I`ll keep an eye on it this morning when I use it and let you know.

No worries about questions. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I do not have the Nuface but have a different device that also uses microcurrents to lift facial muscles. Mine requires that the face be moist at all times and recommends patting water on dry areas as you work through the routine(in addition to a conductive gel). I can really notice a difference in the power of the current if I do not have enough water on my face. Makes sense since water is such a good conductor. It is hard to keep the gel moist over the course of the 8-10 minutes it takes to complete the routine. You might just try adding a little water if the Nuface manual doesn't specifically tell you to avoid that.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Oakview wrote:
I do not have the Nuface but have a different device that also uses microcurrents to lift facial muscles. Mine requires that the face be moist at all times and recommends patting water on dry areas as you work through the routine(in addition to a conductive gel). I can really notice a difference in the power of the current if I do not have enough water on my face. Makes sense since water is such a good conductor. It is hard to keep the gel moist over the course of the 8-10 minutes it takes to complete the routine. You might just try adding a little water if the Nuface manual doesn't specifically tell you to avoid that.

What product do you use if you don't mind me asking.
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:35 am      Reply with quote
It is considerably less expensive so I imagine there is a difference in durability but I felt it was a more cost effective way to see if the concept would work for me and perhaps upgrade to Nuface later.
http://www.foreverspring.com/cgi-bin/dbsearch.exe?mdb=%5Cinventory.mdb,tbl=PRODUCTS,DB_ITEM_NO=T058,dbtype=2000,template=%5Ccommerce%5Cprodinfoshop.htm,ReturnMax=1
I got mine for less on ebay. There is a seller that usually has an auction going on one or more of these.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. Guess I will start a new topic to see if others are using this.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Oakview wrote:
It is considerably less expensive so I imagine there is a difference in durability but I felt it was a more cost effective way to see if the concept would work for me and perhaps upgrade to Nuface later.
http://www.foreverspring.com/cgi-bin/dbsearch.exe?mdb=%5Cinventory.mdb,tbl=PRODUCTS,DB_ITEM_NO=T058,dbtype=2000,template=%5Ccommerce%5Cprodinfoshop.htm,ReturnMax=1

Oakview,
Would you mind sharing with us your experience with this device? Are you happy with the results? What kind of results are you seeing? How long have you been using it? . . . Sorry for all the questions Embarassed , but I would like to buy NuFace (or something similar Wink ), but am on a very restricted budget at the moment.
Thanks, Rubby Smile

Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby, No problem answering your questions. I have only had the device for a couple of weeks so I don't think I have enough experience or time to give a meaningful review. It does seem to have some immediate short term effect on reducing some fine lines. It definitely sends a current through the muscles since I can both see and feel the involuntary reactions from the current. Different parts of the face require different levels (this device has a low, medium and high setting) since some areas appear to be more sensitive than others. The manual indictes it is safe to use daily but I probably use it 5 times a week for half the time they recommend. I will work up to the full time but wanted to make sure I wasn't causing more harm than good before I did the full length routine. I will post again in a few weeks. I certainly have not had the immediate results that Scalawaggirl has had but I have a decade or so more damage to correct!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Oakview. I'll look forward to your reviews in a couple of weeks. Smile

Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered a Nuface. Should arrive on Monday. I got it for $360 plus free shipping and $65 worth of free goodies. I hope it helps with the sagging. This forum is helping me spend lots of money. Shock
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I just ordered a Nuface. Should arrive on Monday. I got it for $360 plus free shipping and $65 worth of free goodies. I hope it helps with the sagging. This forum is helping me spend lots of money. Shock

Can you please tell us where did you order it from?

Thanks
power1080
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:11 am      Reply with quote
ww.caliderma.com
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Frodo wrote:

Can you please tell us where did you order it from?

Thanks

I'm new to the board. Can I talk about another company?
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
As far as know, yes.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I purchased it at Spa Look. The coupon code is B4NYA

Don't know how long this is good for. I got the info via email. It is not listed on the web site. If you order it will ask for the code. When you finish putting in all your info the discount and gifts should show up before you select final purchase. HTH
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |