Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
You're very welcome, Kassy_A. Thanks so much for the nice compliments.

I use the Nuface as follows:

-Put on thin layer of conductive gel
-Use the Nuface following the recommended procedure (3 passes over each sub-area)
-Avoid the orbital and thyroid areas completely
-Rinse and continue w/my routine

Regarding the eye area, you can't use the Nuface anywhere in the orbital round but it can help provide lift from working on the cheeks, which in turn helps the eye area. I also recommend looking into Flex Effect for further assistance with building up the facial muscles. You'll notice a quick pick up in the eyes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much scalawaggirl.

I can't wait to add the NuFace to my bag of tricks. If my results are half as good as yours, I'll be doing my happy dance.

Dancing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Jemm_
5% products discount

Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both for the pictures. It helps so much when we are trying to "imagine" what kind of results people are getting. Your pictures have convinced me to take the leap and buy the NuFace. I'm going to see if I can get the husband to buy if for Christmas before I take matters into my own hands.....
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Jemm_ wrote:
Thank you both for the pictures. I'm going to see if I can get the husband to buy if for Christmas before I take matters into my own hands.....

You go girl!!!! And just remember, we're worth it...... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
poolean
5% products discount

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much scalawaggirl.

Now i know what I have to buy hehe.I've been look ing for this for long long time. Laughing
BTW you look so good
Jemm_
5% products discount

Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi girls, I just bought the Nuface and wanted to let everyone know about the website I found it on. I bought it at SpaLook and it is on sale for $379 and free 2-day shipping. I then searched for SpaLook coupon codes and found a 15% off code (sorry I can't remember it-but it was easy to find) and I pruchased it for $322! Hope this helps someone!
boyasean

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they got NuFace for around $365 dollars or something. How can I find that price? I've love to try this product but $450 is really too much. I want this for myself for Christmas hoping to ring in the new year with a younger look. Can anyone help me please?
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:08 am      Reply with quote
boyasean wrote:
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they got NuFace for around $365 dollars or something. How can I find that price? I've love to try this product but $450 is really too much. I want this for myself for Christmas hoping to ring in the new year with a younger look. Can anyone help me please?

Try Jemm_'s suggestionwww.spalook.com with code spa07 Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
[b]HELP!!

I received my NuFace, and used it today for the first time... I did everything exactly according to the directions and feel absolutely nothing, nada, zilch...I know it's not supposed to move muscles, but shouldn't I be feeling a current or something.. I tried turning dial half way and all the way up..

Any suggesstions would be greatly appreciated.. Do any of you know what the "advanced technique" is?? I can't see how this can possibly do much using it just 5 minutes per day.........grrrrrr!

Thanks for your help.....Kassy

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, first make sure that you see a green light on the front showing that the battery is working. If so, you may have too much gel on. Go slowly when moving the Nuface. I notice that I don't feel much when I'm working on my cheeks other than an occasional "ping" near my teeth. On my neck, I only notice a twitch toward the edges and on my forehead, I feel a tingle toward the top.

I didn't feel much, if I had too much gel on so perhaps, that might be the problem.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Kassy, first make sure that you see a green light on the front showing that the battery is working. If so, you may have too much gel on. Go slowly when moving the Nuface. I notice that I don't feel much when I'm working on my cheeks other than an occasional "ping" near my teeth. On my neck, I only notice a twitch toward the edges and on my forehead, I feel a tingle toward the top.

I didn't feel much, if I had too much gel on so perhaps, that might be the problem.

Thanks Scalawaggirl! The light is on, and the battery is a brand new alkaline. Now that I read your post, I do recall a little "twitch" near my eye when I was working the top cheek area. So I guess we don't need to feel as if we're being electrocuted to see results...LOL

Have you hear anything about "Advanced Techniques" using NuFace? I would love to be a little more aggressive with it, but I'm not sure how much is too much. Have you ever used it more than the recommended 5 minutes? I wonder what procedure is used professionally in a Spa? ... Hmmmm Question

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, good news that you did feel something. I think maybe the expectation is that you should feel electrocuted, as you mentioned, so it confuses everyone. LOL

I've not heard of any advanced techniques but would be interested in hearing about them, if anyone reports in. You can use the Nuface every day so maybe it entails a longer treatment time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
On the Carol Cole website (nuface.net), there's a little box that says "coming soon, a new video with advanced techniques, for better lifting results".

I'll post here, as soon as it's available. I wrote customer service an email requesting the info, but they haven't responded.

Since I'm the type that thinks if a little is good, a lot is better, I might just give it a go with 4 passes to each area rather than 3 and see what happens....Hopefully my bloody face won't collapse altogether..... Rolling Eyes

SIMBAR

Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
HI, I'M NEW TO THE SITE. I KNOW I'M SHOWING MY IGNORANCE, BUT WHERE DO YOU GO TO SEE THE PICS? THANKS FOR HELP. Embarassed Confused
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Simbar, click one page back on #15 to see the pics.

Kassy, you're funny, woman! Don't go too overboard! We definitely do not want your face to fall off! LOL

I'm interested to see what the fine folks on nuface.net will have to say about the advanced techniques. BTW, I've used mine for more than the 3 passes (sometimes 5-6) and there have been no problems.

A note, though. I do notice that the days I use the Nuface, my skin is more sensitive after cleansing (I use a Clarisonic w/the sensitive brush). All products are a bit "tingly" where normally, I don't feel anything.

5% products discount

Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I also have done many passes over each area. Like 6-10 and my face hasn't fallen off.....yet. I'll keep you updated and if it does, you ladies will be the first to know. Curious to find out about advanced tecniques too! Happy using! Jemm
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's being a little more aggressive with NuFace.

I'll keep checking nuface.net for the "Advanced Techniques", and I'll post here as soon as it's available.

I'll give the NuFace a couple of weeks, and post a couple of pictures if I see results.

Okay, gotta boogy, my NuFace, Derma Wand + LightStim await.....so many toys, so little time...grrr!

Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
No, you're not alone expanding the program a little - I do that too Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I just found a very good instruction video on the skinforlife.com website. It shows the entire procedure for the professional "Diamond Micro Lift" treatment. (For anyone with the Suzanne Somers Face Master, this is perfect because of the two wands).

I see know reason why we can't apply these techniques and principals to the NuFace. I'm definitely going for it... Wink

Here is the link;
http://www.skinforlife.com/microcurrent_non-surgical_face_lift.html

boyasean

Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I try to used Nuface around the eyes but I didn't work very well.
boyasean

Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Now I know you can't use NuFace for the area around your eyes so is there some sort of other microcurrent technologies for the eye area? They say the eyes is a window to our souls and if you have sagging and crows feet, it really doesn't show who you really are as a person. People can pretty much tell your age by the ways your eyes look even if you have firm skin all around your face. I have really dry and sensitive skin so I really have to be careful about what I used constantly by reading labels and making sure everything is hypoallergenic and non-commedogenic. Can anyone help me please?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A - Please keep us posted on the Nuface results. Exclamation I got Nuface before starting FlexEffect, but did not use it much, and eventually switched to FlexEffect completely

scalawaggirl - you mentioned that Nuface can be combined with FlexEffect. Do you feel that it is better to do both?? ... why??

Thanks!! Smile
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat, I use both FlexEffect and the Nuface because I feel that working the muscles with FE builds them up and the Nuface stimulates them, as well, for further benefits. My understanding is that micro current devices stimulate collagen production by increasing blood flow and have seen evidence of this when using the Nuface (granted, doing more than the standard 3-pass recommendation).

Consequently, this is another example of my multi-prong approach to managing an issue and hope that explains why I use both along with my other favored devices for different benefits (Quasar SP, Facemate).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, scalawaggirl! Smile I might get Nuface back from a drawer...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:05 am      Reply with quote
[quote="mpstat"]Kassy_A - Please keep us posted on the Nuface results. Exclamation

Will do. It's been about a week, and so far so good. I'm away on vacation with hubby, kids + grandkids this week, but so far I've managed to fit in 10 minutes of NuFace per day. (It's my excuse to get away from the tribe and have some "me" time..... Laughing

Did you have a chance to check out the link I posted a couple of post's back? If not, try to check it out.. There is a wealth of info, and videos to boot on all the things we talk about on the forum...Very interesting!!!!

Kassy

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |