Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
... Did you have a chance to check out the link I posted a couple of post's back? If not, try to check it out.. There is a wealth of info, and videos to boot on all the things we talk about on the forum...Very interesting!!!!

Yes I visited the link, and watched the video. Their device is much smaller then Nuface but we still can use the suggestions with Nuface. Thank you for posting the link, and enjoy your vacation! Very Happy
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link, it is very informative.

I am not sure how it can be incorporated with Nuface, since positive and negative electrodes are fixed together?

Also, Nuface says to avoid thyroid area, and in the video the technician goes directly over it.

Any ideas?

My main concerns are eye area, and flabby middle of the neck (directly over thyroid).

TIA,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
"mpstat"....I'm glad you enjoyed the video for the micro current treatment. They have several videos available for other treatments as well; dermabrasion, laser etc..

We're enjoying our vacation, but Grammy + Grandpa have "Mickey + Minnie" itis, and have decided to spend the day outside by the pool with a glass of wine and let the "Kiddies" run amok at Disney World today.. wave

Best Regards,
Kassy Cool

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
"sigma", I thought the link was very informative as well. Several videos, and skin care articles I found very interesting.

I have the same concerns as you in regards to the positive/negative electrodes of NuFace being fixed. And wouldn't it be our luck, that the "turkey neck" is off limits with NuFace... Mad

I've experimented a little with my NuFace, and using the skinforlife video as my guide, have incorporated that routine for my NuFace treatments. For the mid-neck area, I just do a quick vertical pass or two up the mid throat,(which actually leaves the very middle opened) but then I do the safe areas outward the way NuFace suggests, and then I do several passes horizontally as well.

Have I thoroughly confused you by now? Question Question I hope not!

As for the eyes, even though NuFace say's to stay away from that area, I've never been one to do exactly as I'm told..With that in mind, I'll tell you what I do in that area. At the end of my treatment, I rewet my total eye area, turn the dial down half way, and just lightly press the NuFace around the entire orbit/bony area of the eye.

Another thing that might be of interest to all is that instead of using the gel or spray that comes with NuFace, I just use plain old distilled water that I put in the spray bottle. I couldn't stand either spray that came with it, and the distilled water works wonderfully. And for .99 cents a gallon, the price is surely right.. I also use it with my Derma Wand and it works great. And when I want to infuse my moisturizers serums etc., I just use the Derma Wand for a few minutes at the end of my treatments after I've applied my creams.

Lord have mercy! I've got totally carried away here....Hope I didn't bore you.... Rolling Eyes

Cheers from the Sunshine State...... Cool
Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
boyasean wrote:
Now I know you can't use NuFace for the area around your eyes so is there some sort of other microcurrent technologies for the eye area? They say the eyes is a window to our souls and if you have sagging and crows feet, it really doesn't show who you really are as a person. People can pretty much tell your age by the ways your eyes look even if you have firm skin all around your face. I have really dry and sensitive skin so I really have to be careful about what I used constantly by reading labels and making sure everything is hypoallergenic and non-commedogenic. Can anyone help me please?

I just now saw your post, and would offer the following suggesstions for what they're worth;

1. Your right, the NuFace is not really intended for that area. A good alternative for you might be the "Suzanne Somers Face Master" (sold on http://www.hsn.com for $99.00) I had one, and through it out in the trash, thinking it wasn't working, before I learned that you didn't need to feel as if you were being electrocuted for it to be working. I'm actually considering getting another one just for use in the dreaded droopy eye area.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

2. "Derma Wand" is a great tool for lifting and toning the eye area I find. There are several threads here at ED's regarding it..

3. I'm happy with the results I get from "Loreal REVITALIFT Double Eye Lift"...It's a two step process with gel for the upper eye and cream for below the eye.. It also doesn't break the bank at about $16 in CVS or any drugstore. If you want extra moisture alone around the eye area, regular old Olive Oil is an awesome natural moisturizer.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ....Kassy

boyasean

Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy for your suggestion. I will see if I can get the Suzanne Summer device or the Derma Wand. But it seems the Loreal Double-lift eye cream sounds like a real bargain so I'll try that first. I also found your post on using the Nuface around your eyes and it sounded very practical. Could you give any more details about how you use NuFace around the eyes? Now, I wondered do I need to feel that tingly sensation or electrocution when using Nuface around the eyes to see if it works?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi boyasean... I want to tell you that in my humble opinion, the NuFace is probably the worst choice of device for the eye area. I do incorporate it in my routine, but for the serious eye workout, I use the Derma Wand with very good results. (Check out the threads on the Derma Wand subject here at EDs) I recommended the Suzanne Somers Face Master to you because I've read great reviews about it pertaining to the eye area in particular. You can watch an instructional video of it on Suzanne Somers website.

As far as the tingly sensation with the NuFace, I seem to feel it on the side of my eye, and under the brow when I lift these areas with it. As your face dries out, you feel more tingling. You want to keep your face nice and moist, and forget the tingle, it doesn't mean it's working any better. As long as the green light is on, it's working!

retired-diva

Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I am new to the forum, and am very interested in the NuFace. I am almost 59 and my jawline and turkey neck drive me crazy! Does anyone have information for me on the difference between the NuFace device and Baby Quasar?

I couldn't see photos that were posted. Any tips on how I do that??

Thanks!!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
retired-diva wrote:
I am new to the forum, and am very interested in the NuFace. I am almost 59 and my jawline and turkey neck drive me crazy! Does anyone have information for me on the difference between the NuFace device and Baby Quasar?

I couldn't see photos that were posted. Any tips on how I do that??

Thanks!!

Click on page 15 of this thread to see scalawaggirl's before + after pictures.

NuFace is a micro current device + with daily use will help with tightening the jawline, although, mid-neck treatment is not recommended. You can read all about it and watch an instructional video at the following web site; http://www.nuface.net

Baby Quasar is a LED light used for photorejuvination.. Tons of info can be found on this forum for both these devices as well as others. The "search" feature at the top of the page will give you more results than you can imagine. The website for BQ is http://babyquasar.com

I'm 55 and use the following devices; NuFace, LED + Derma Wand. In my humble opinion, none of them are magic, but with consistent use, you can achieve a nice, smooth, clearer, firmer skin....than you would have without them.

Kassy

jwald

Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I cannot see the pics of scalawaggirl that started this thread. Anyone know why? I'm new to the forum. Thanks.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Page 15 of this thread.....

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
On the Carol Cole website (nuface.net), there's a little box that says "coming soon, a new video with advanced techniques, for better lifting results".

I'll post here, as soon as it's available. I wrote customer service an email requesting the info:

As promised, here is the link for the "NuFace Advanced Techniques video" I just received.

Hello from adam,

You have a file or files called NuFace USA Final WMV.wmv (1 file(s)) from adam@visualartists.tv waiting for download.

You can click on the following link to retrieve your File. The link will expire in 14 Days .

Link: http://www.yousendit.com/download/www/OFZJblRndWNrYURIRGc9PQ

Kassy

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Kassy! Reviewing right now. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm starting a new topic for {NuFace introduces "Advanced Technique"... Results anyone?}.

Perhaps those of us who use NuFace, can incorporate the "new techniques" + report results.

Kassy

Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing this, Kassy!

The advanced part turned out to be part of what I've done to expand the program a bit, but it's good to get confirmed that I'm on the right track Very Happy

I saw NuFace treatments compared to acupressure and decided to use it following a acupressure routine from a book (in addition to the basic). It has worked fine so far and after seeing the video, I even dare to recommend using it this way Wink
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Your very welcome!

I just started a new thread for the "advanced techniques". Here is the link;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=27231

simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
the pics are great. Not just the pics your skin loooks amazing youd pass for 20 something wowww Exclamation Exclamation

5% products discount

Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Aloha,
I'm new to this forum and wanted to see the before and after photos of NuFace results but I don't know how or where to see them.

HELP!
~Loke Shock
Loke
5% products discount

Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Found the pics!

Awesome. Thinking of getting one myself.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Simran, thanks!!! I've been working on the skin care for about 1 1/2 years so am very happy that I've been able to improve things.

Kassy, just an update...the water mist works perfectly and I don't have to waste ANY time washing off the gel (yahoo) and the advanced techniques rock! I'm getting even better lifting now in a fraction of the time!

5% products discount

Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl or anyone,

I've been using the Nuface for about 2 weeks now and after use notice quite a bit of lifting. However, by the next morning, my face looks "normal" again. Anyone with the same problems? Any suggestions? I've also tried the Advanced Techniques and do find a good immediate lift but again, look "normal" by morning. Help please!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
My understanding is that the results are cumulative. Supposedly, using it daily, increases the improvement...

BUT, we continue to age on a daily basis, so at this point, I'll be happy to just slow THAT down a bit.

Kassy

Jemm_
5% products discount

Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy! I'll keep plugging away!
ahihi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I am new here - but am reading your posts voraciously, learning all about skin products. I am 51 - and up until this year have had no skin problems (people generally assumed I was around 30 last year, this year, I feel I am looking closer to my age). Lines are developing, sagging skin, too (especially under my chin-ugh!).

Which is better - Nuface or Baby Quasar? Or am I too old - or maybe not really enough going on that either would make a difference? Also, does the gel with the Nuface have to be used? I am allergic to aloe vera and noticed that it contains this.

My cat question: Is my cat harmful to my face? He loves to bump his face against mine and oftentimes ends up sleeping on my pillow at night. I have regular/dry skin in fairly good shape - but am wondering if Cosmo is bringing me lots of bad things I shouldn't exactly have all over my skin..

Thanks so much.......
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ahihi, I am like your age. I noticed rapid degeratation I think because it is menopause time and the hormonal changes make a BIg difference. I am also addressing your issues. So I would like to know which is best too.
In particular for:
sagging jawline
turkey neck
drooping eyelids
nasio labial droops
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |