Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:23 am      Reply with quote
According to Dr. Hannah Sivak of Skinactives.com their seakelp bioferment is a gel that can be used as a conductivity gel - 2 oz is $15.00
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
According to Dr. Hannah Sivak of Skinactives.com their seakelp bioferment is a gel that can be used as a conductivity gel - 2 oz is $15.00

Thanks stovetop. I will try the SKB. With all the raves about SKB I purchased 16 ounces. The novelty wore off and it is just sitting in my cabinet. Will give it a go for conductivity.

I am still thrilled with my Nuface.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I recently purchased a "professional" micro-current machine and also some educational material on micro-current machines that is aimed at beauty therapists. It states that micro-current machines should not be used along with Retin-A and Botox. The Botox thing makes sense. After all, you are stimulating muscles that you have paid a fortune to have paralysed Shock Not sure about the reasoning regarding Retin-A - it says it thins the skin, but what this has to do with the micro-current machine I don't know. Anyway, I use Retin-A and have Botox so this is a bit of a worry. Thoughts anyone please.

Also, can someone tell me exactly what conductive gel is. Has the gel gone through some special process to enable it to conduct electricity? I have some ionised gel, is that the same?
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
The only thing I can think of is that if you use Retin-A just before the treatment, the conductive gel will moist the Retin-A and that way might irritate the skin more. In any case, I use both without problems, but not at the same time.

They have a point about botox though. Using Nuface at my brow area cancelled the botox effect (which was brand new!). But having said that, using Nuface at that area has given me control of the muscles there for the first time ever!

I'm curious to hear about how your professional device works. Please keep us informed, Keliu.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
stovetop wrote:

Thanks stovetop. I will try the SKB. With all the raves about SKB I purchased 16 ounces. The novelty wore off and it is just sitting in my cabinet. Will give it a go for conductivity.

I am still thrilled with my Nuface.

Many thanks stovetop Very Happy The Seakelp Bioferment is great for conductivity! BTW I am still getting results from my Nuface. My brows have gotten a lift. A few people who come to the store I work (longtime customers) have commented on my face and the firmness. Of course, I just say thank you. Laughing If I told people about all my gadget they would think I was nuts Shhh . My beauty secrets are reserved for EDS members and my best buddies.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Winnie - Thanks for the post - I just ordered
SKB along with a few other actives from Skin Actives for the facemate which I just purchased. In the interim I have been using KY Jelly Mist as the conductivity gel based on posts on EDS and after only 3 uses my rosacea has flared up terribly. While KY Jelly is effective as a conductivity gel - for my skin it is a no-no. Likewise I don't discuss face care nor my tools, except on EDS - I consider this "my sport of choice" some people play golf, some people play tennis - I play at skincare.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Have a question for all you Nuface users - I have read that using microcurrent will take the
fullness out of your cheeks and other facial areas. Are you experiencing that loss of
fullness or is the Nuface not affecting the fullness. Am in my mid 50's and am looking for
something to help with the sagging around the
lips and outer eyes but don't want to sacrifice any loss of fullness as our skin
becomes thinner and loses fullness as we mature.
Have any of you using Nuface found any problems
with that?? Thx Diphx

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Have a question for all you Nuface users - I have read that using microcurrent will take the
fullness out of your cheeks and other facial areas. Are you experiencing that loss of
fullness or is the Nuface not affecting the fullness. Am in my mid 50's and am looking for
something to help with the sagging around the
lips and outer eyes but don't want to sacrifice any loss of fullness as our skin
becomes thinner and loses fullness as we mature.
Have any of you using Nuface found any problems
with that?? Thx Diphx

No fullness is gone from my face. I would welcome a little to go. Bad Grin To date I have just noticed firmer facial contours. LOVE IT!!!!

DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi WInnie - Thx for the Nuface response -
may have to look into getting one of those
when they go on sale. I have the LED and
facemate and they do good things but want to
get ahead of the facial sag. What Nuface did
for your areaaround the nasolabial lines was great! Thank you for the response - these face
gadgets are addictive (and a little pricey for
all we need!) DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:19 am      Reply with quote
It has been a little over a month since I started using Nuface daily. Most of the results I saw immediately. The corners of my mouth and jowl area were a little lifted and my cheeks and neck in general felt firmer. Nuface IS NOT a face lift but the results for me are worth the money. I look happier (corners of mouth up)and well rested. Besides what I see in the mirror, friends and family have noticed a change since starting Nuface.

Everyday I use my Facial Flex. I mention that as I believe that the Nuface combined with some facial exercises and my Quasar a few times a week has made a positive difference in my appearance. Any of these gadget must be used consistently in order for results to last. Nuface takes me all of 5 minutes every morning. Right now I am on a diet and hoping that by using my tools I won't see the sagging from weight loss.

For whats it's worth I don't believe the average person in their twenties or even thirties would get that much out of the Nuface. IMHO the person who would most benefit is someone who is at the very beginning of losing elasticity.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Got an email today thatwww.dermadoctor.com is now carrying the Nuface. So be on the lookout for any Dermadoctor coupons Wink

Also in the same email it states the Nuface will be featured on Rachael Ray's TV show Friday, February 29th on the ABC network at 10am EST. Be prepared for this item to go into backorder Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My god!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Winnie, you make me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so allured by this!
I want to buy skincare tool recently, and hesitate to buy nuface or BQ or clarisonic brush!
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no.

I was only price surfing to see where I can find the cheapest IS Clinical Youth Complex before it runs out and ended up finding more products to pay. I will be broke in no time.

NuFace and Clarisonic brush are on my list now.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
UPDATE:

Although my face hasn't responded well to NuFace, I'm happy to report that my butt has reached new heights, and my leg muscles have firmed up a bit.

I suggest having extra 9 volt batteries on hand though!

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
UPDATE:

Although my face hasn't responded well to NuFace, I'm happy to report that my butt has reached new heights, and my leg muscles have firmed up a bit.

I suggest having extra 9 volt batteries on hand though!

K

Laughing Kassy you crack me up. I find your butt getting a lift from Nuface very interesting. The muscles are so much deeper in this area (mine anyway). Now we need to figure out why your face did not respond. Maybe your face needs little if no help.

I would love to experience a butt lift. Embarassed

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
LMAO!

Go for it Winnie.... Very Happy

Just do it slowly the same as your face. Also, try it with the NF gel spritzed with a little water. It's perfect for the old hiney..

I'm trying the flabby underarms now. So far nothing, but they are really mushy...LOL

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Agree about the batteries....
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hey - Today I heard through the grapevine that the NuFace can be used up to 25 minutes. (Maybe that means your whole body - Kassy!!!!)

I used it today after CPs, my DPL for two sessions and then the NuFace - wonderful!
boyasean

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
There is another microcurrent gadget out there called FaceMaster bought to you by Suzanne Sommers. Now I've seen that product and it has two nodes like earplugs except you use it on your face. Since the nodes are seperated by individual wires, you can be flexible with it. What is the difference between FaceMaster and Nuface? How does it compare and is one better then the other. The lady that bought is an esthetician and she said you can use it all over the face using various techniques and especially the eye area which was my concern. Does anyone know or have information about this product?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Still using my Nuface daily. Occasionally I skip a day but try to be consistent.

I have made a few discoveries using the Nuface. I find I get better results if I use the conductivity gel. Don't ask me why. Any thoughts on this? I tried to call CarolCole Company a few times. I keep getting a voice mail and have not left a message.

I love the Optimizing Mist that came with the Nuface. My problem with the mist is the spray is not fine therefore I find I use too much and hate to waste product. Directions say it can be used throughout the day over makeup. Unless they change the delivery system my makeup would run down my face. Does anyone know of a spritzer with an ultra fine mist that I could transfer this product to?

Just wanted to update everyone on my progress with Nuface. If I stopped using it within a few days I would for sure be back to the same sagging around the mouth. Next week I probably will start FlexEffect facial exercise program. Will keep you updated on what that brings.

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie - Do you think using the conductivity gel creates a better lifting effect? Is that what you mean?

And Kassy - how are those underarms doing?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Winnie - Do you think using the conductivity gel creates a better lifting effect? Is that what you mean?

Yes, I find when I use the conductivity gel my face is firmer (lifted).

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Alas, their still as jiggly as ever... Sad

But I'm a tenacious sort, and won't give up just yet... Wink

Winnie; I also love the mist, but found it a little too overpowering and thick. I mix mine 50/50 with distilled water, and it's working out well. The spray is much finer now.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

Are you still using the Carol Cole gel Winnie, or have you found a good + cheaper alternative?

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Winnie wrote:

Are you still using the Carol Cole gel Winnie, or have you found a good + cheaper alternative?

When I began Nuface I quickly started using water, or water with HA. Most members using Nuface liked these better than the gel. Last week I pulled out the Carole Cole Gel. Kassy I find Nuface works better with it. Do you have any thought on why this would be?

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |