Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rosario
5% products discount

Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Where can I get the nulase for $365.00?
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Scallawaggirl, can I ask if you get 'flashes' in your eyes when you stroke the gadget over your upper cheeks, and when you begin at your browbone to do the upwards forehead stroke? TIA

5% products discount

Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone used Nuface and Dermaltone? Are they the same. What is the ease of use? They are currently selling on Ebay and I'd like to try a cheaoer version if I could.
Thanks
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Scally: You've got me interested. I've looked up articles on micro (and milli) current stimulation for muscle and nerve problems and pain relief. In order to compare results could you get me some info from your machine or operating manual.
Carrier frequency (in Hz (cycles per second))
Pulse frequency (also Hz)
Current (likely around 5microamp) (symbolfont"m"A)

Thanks!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Scally: You've got me interested. I've looked up articles on micro (and milli) current stimulation for muscle and nerve problems and pain relief. In order to compare results could you get me some info from your machine or operating manual.
Carrier frequency (in Hz (cycles per second))
Pulse frequency (also Hz)
Current (likely around 5microamp) (symbolfont"m"A)

Thanks!

Sharky, I sent an email to the manufacturer as I've misplaced the manual. I'll follow up on it for you, if I hear back from them or find the documentation before that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Cesce wrote:
Scallawaggirl, can I ask if you get 'flashes' in your eyes when you stroke the gadget over your upper cheeks, and when you begin at your browbone to do the upwards forehead stroke? TIA

Cesce, I wouldn't say flashes, necessarily. I can sense the pulsations of the device but it is not intrusive or painful - hasn't caused any headaches or reactions, either.

HTH.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Ah, well. Thanks for the reply Scallawaggirl. It was just that I had a thought: if I taped the two probes of the Integra together side by side, would I end up with a similar device to the Nuface... With the Integra (like the commercial CACI treatments) you see little flashes behind your eyes when you go near them with the probes so I thought that was the easiest way of establishing if there was any similarity. I'll just have to save up for the Nuface Smile .

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! You may have some of this info on the device itself. It should at least have a plate showing the current and voltage (this is required for UL certification).
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Thanks! You may have some of this info on the device itself. It should at least have a plate showing the current and voltage (this is required for UL certification).

Yep, checked that first but there is no label on the device. I found that strange so mentioned it in my email to the company. Weird, huh?

5% products discount

Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I am really interested in the nuface and was wondering if anyone knows where to buy it for the best price. Thanks for any info.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Your pictures are great! Another thing I want.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, c4ward! I will post more comparison pics a little later in the process to give some good ideas of what to expect. Smile

This one is a winner!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Thanks. Please keep the pictures coming. It's so cool to see the change.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Scally,
I just purchased the Nuface based on your recommendation. If it works for me, I will owe you BIG TIME! Wink
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Scalawaggirl,
You look great. The skin around your cheek looks amazing. Major changes.
Does Nuface only help with lifting or does it help in other ways.
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Janna, I just hope you get great results, too! I'm certain that you will. Smile

MarciaNZ, here's a blurb from their website:

Over time, your muscles respond to repeated use and “memorize” familiar actions. Based on the successful principles of the Micro Dermal Tone technique, NuFace delivers a gentle micro current to the cells, rehabilitating and firming the facial muscles. This soothing stimulus restores the natural balance and tone gently and safely in the privacy of your home.

Following the natural contours of your face, NuFace delivers gentle micro current impulses to strategic locations diminishing minor lines and wrinkles, restoring the tone and facial muscles to a more youthful balance.

NuFace uses safe, painless, low-level, waveform-shaped currents (electrical impulses) to “reprogram” the muscles to nearly original muscle shape. The gentle electrical impulses actually rehabilitates the muscles and improves circulation, texture, tone, and fine lines. Regular use of the NuFace will continue to provide muscle strength and restore freshness to appearance.

By increasing cellular blood flow, cell turnover is increased, leading to increased amounts of collagen, elastin, and connective tissue. This assists with skin rejuvenation, delays aging of the skin, and reduces the appearance of facial wrinkling.

Today's pic (at 1 week, 2 days):

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I should get mine today or tomorrow. I purchased it online from a dermatologist's office which makes me feel even more confident that it's going to work. I should get it today or tomorrow. Can't wait to get started!
rosario
5% products discount

Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my Gosh!! I just did a side by side comparison from last week to this week. the difference is so noticable!!!! WOW!!!!!!
Can you have a trial period with this? Do you at least get 30 days for refund if you don't like it?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
rosario wrote:
Oh my Gosh!! I just did a side by side comparison from last week to this week. the difference is so noticable!!!! WOW!!!!!!
Can you have a trial period with this? Do you at least get 30 days for refund if you don't like it?

Unfortunately, not from EDS; however, other vendors might have different return policies so, if you're concerned, it might be a good idea to look elsewhere to purchase.

I ordered it without completely understanding the return policy; however, the Nuface manufacturer does carry a warranty for 1 year and also has service available in the event something goes awry.

Heck, it's loads cheaper than a face lift and I'm getting about the same results I'd have expected going that route!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Late to the email train but these devices intrigue me.

I used to work for a company that manufactures medical devices. One product line was cosmetic. Our machine used a radiofrequency wand and saline solution (conductive medium) to create a plasma field which then broke molecular bonds causing tissue to dissolve, collagen stimulated, etc.

It never really took off because it was sold to aestheticians and needed multiple "lunchtime" treatments. The interesting thing is that these women equated 'no pain' with 'doesn't do anything'. They actually wanted pain. I guess when you're having a procedure done in an office - you expect some pain - you're paying for it!

This was also the beginning of interest in devices for use in acne treatment. My good friend was the Director of Clinical Research and he quit when the company wanted to market this for acne ... he said 'hot water' does the same thing (kills bacteria) and he considered it fraud.

another interesting thing ... Integra was a competitor - but I'm not sure if the skincare is part of the medical devices company.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how is it different from TIA Viso?

TIA,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
Late to the email train but these devices intrigue me.

I used to work for a company that manufactures medical devices. One product line was cosmetic. Our machine used a radiofrequency wand and saline solution (conductive medium) to create a plasma field which then broke molecular bonds causing tissue to dissolve, collagen stimulated, etc.

It never really took off because it was sold to aestheticians and needed multiple "lunchtime" treatments. The interesting thing is that these women equated 'no pain' with 'doesn't do anything'. They actually wanted pain. I guess when you're having a procedure done in an office - you expect some pain - you're paying for it!

This was also the beginning of interest in devices for use in acne treatment. My good friend was the Director of Clinical Research and he quit when the company wanted to market this for acne ... he said 'hot water' does the same thing (kills bacteria) and he considered it fraud.

another interesting thing ... Integra was a competitor - but I'm not sure if the skincare is part of the medical devices company.

Rjez, interesting food for thought. I can vouch for the fact that the Nuface will cause a bit of pain IF you don't use any gel/mist. It doesn't hurt, really, but it's not what I'd call non-irritating, either. Kind of tingles annoyingly, if you get my meaning. I know it works, though, so it's staying in my beauty bag o' tricks!

I also use the Oxylight for breakouts, primarily, and when I get the urge to "push" my products in and for a quick glow. While I can understand the logic in your former colleague's comment re: hot water, it isn't very practical as the application method would be problematic (keeping it on the one specific area long enough to anti-bacterialize it) and also who wants to put hot water on their face! Smile So, I am appreciative of these little devices that do work as promised and help me not only slow down the hands of time but also improve the clock in the process.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
From everything you all have written this is at the top of my " I want " list. Please keep updating us all on your progress. Thanks so much!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl - I just wish we had marketed direct to the consumer. At the time it seemed too costly - but now ...

p.s. another product is coming to market soon which will compete with OxyLight and Zeno.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
... p.s. another product is coming to market soon which will compete with OxyLight and Zeno.

Ooooh, an industry insider! Rjez, any idea when this product is coming out? Any other details you can give us? TIA! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |