Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



glominerals Dual Essence Clutch BDB Best Sellers Kit (5 items) Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 2410
Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:13 am      Reply with quote
Scally - Did you try this on your scalp muscles? Exercising them does amazing things for pulling up the sides of the face, forehead and jowels (not that you have any Laughing - I'm just saying). It's like putting your hair up. I'd be intrigued if you tried it.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 1862
Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
Hey Scally? Guess I'm a bit (actually a lot!) confused about these facial machines. Don't they all purport to basically do the same thing by working the face muscles? If so, why would anyone need more than one machine? Scally, your pictures made me decide I must get Nuface! My main problem too is the nasolabial folds on my face. But please explain the need for other machines. Thanks much!


Lefemme, I think it actually depends on the machine you are referring to as to the benefits it provides. The ones mentioned in this thread (besides the BQ) are all supposed to work the facial muscles (i.e. DermalTone, Suzanne Somers, Tua Viso, etc.). I think the difference (or issue, whichever way you want to look at it) is that the Dermal Tone is no longer is business (not an option for me due to this), the Suzanne Somers and Tua Viso are reputed to require a lot of manipulation and time for a session (a search should pull up more details, if interested). The Nuface, on the other hand, only takes minutes (literally 4 for me) a day to use. It's quick and easy and works, as you can see. The price tag is the only downside.

Just so you know, I have a collection of gadgets that I use regularly:

-Clarisonic Facial Brush - atleast 1x/day

-OxyLight - normally 1x/day - use it after products to push them in, gives a nice glow, does some firming and also as a blemish treatment (30 seconds each)

-Baby Quasar - every 1-3 days - evens out skin tone and texture; reduces redness; helps w/broken caps (though slowly); plumps (I love mine)

-Nuface - use 1x/day; tightens muscles on face/neck

_________________
42; medium, warm-toned; large pores prone to congestion; oily; using Karin Herzog exclusively right now!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 1862
Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Scally - Did you try this on your scalp muscles? Exercising them does amazing things for pulling up the sides of the face, forehead and jowels (not that you have any Laughing - I'm just saying). It's like putting your hair up. I'd be intrigued if you tried it.


Molly, I have not tried this! Interesting observation and I will have to give it a go. I believe the gel is necessary for conductivity but it wouldn't matter if I did it prior to a shower, I'd think.

I will report back the next time I use it incorporating a bit of the scalp muscles into the mix.

_________________
42; medium, warm-toned; large pores prone to congestion; oily; using Karin Herzog exclusively right now!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 1622
Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
mademoiselle scalawag, tu es très méchante!!!

i *really* can't afford this, but you're definitely tempting me.... can you go into a little more detail about the eye area? are you seeing a lift (not that i really noticed much droop)? and how about bags? in the second pick, your bags look lessened, but i'm not sure if that has to do with the Nuface or other products.... come on! we need a full frontal Bad Grin
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 1862
Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
mademoiselle scalawag, tu es très méchante!!!

i *really* can't afford this, but you're definitely tempting me.... can you go into a little more detail about the eye area? are you seeing a lift (not that i really noticed much droop)? and how about bags? in the second pick, your bags look lessened, but i'm not sure if that has to do with the Nuface or other products.... come on! we need a full frontal Bad Grin


Oui, oui je sais! Désolée, je t'assure. Bad Grin I do see a lift in the eye area but it seems to translate more on the outer part as having lifted. I definitely noticed a difference here and cannot say the lift was caused by other products (I am using Skin Cubed eye cream, which does tighten things but I don't use it by the ocular bone, just under the eyes).

As for not using it inside the circular eye are, this is due to the instructions saying NOT to use the device inside the nasolabial folds, front of neck or inside the circular bone around the eye. I use it right up to the edge of that bone when I'm working on the cheeks. It goes in a diagonal upward toward the hairline movement.

I'll post a full frontal today a little later. I've got to take a new pic as I only did side shots for the compare.

_________________
42; medium, warm-toned; large pores prone to congestion; oily; using Karin Herzog exclusively right now!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 1862
Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Here are a couple of today's pics, per Mlle's La Vie's request!!!

I am wearing light makeup (Yay, UGloGirl!) and yep, my lashes are out of control (wheeee). Laughing

You can probably see that things are tighter and my neck lines are being helped, as well. I've been using Ice Elements Edelweiss for them so that's probably getting kicked up a notch with the Nuface. I'm loving the results of this thing! Just kind of pulls it all together!

Image

Image

_________________
42; medium, warm-toned; large pores prone to congestion; oily; using Karin Herzog exclusively right now!
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 330
Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Wow! You look great in these pics, I swear you look 10 years or more younger than some of your earlier 'before' pics.


scalawaggirl wrote:
Take heart, though, I am setting up a mini-nano reef in the next week or so. Are any of you into marine aquaria? If so, we can toss a little chaeto, skimmer, live sand discussions around. Takers??? I'm sure you are all happy to know that I have other obsessions, as well. Bad Grin



You aren't looking at that 12 gallon Reef Aquarium Costco has on sale this week are you? I have eyed it, but just don't need one more thing to do, but I still keep looking, sale ends today Surprised
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Posts: 1077
Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I find I am getting better results with the BQ compared to the Beuer, seems much stronger. I bought the Beuer a few years ago,(since I already have it) I still use it occasionally. (I have quite good skin , a few broken caps, not many, so I have not noticed a big difference with the broken caps).
I use the dermawand usually at night after using my creams, ect., it is supposed to help them penetrate better, hths. Very Happy
rickyhpierre
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Posts: 92
Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
Scallawaggirl, you look FANTASTIC. I've been following your posts on other threads with the photos and your skin looks brilliant. Well done! I'm more confused than ever now though, I've been saving up for a Baby Q, or Lightstim, and now it looks like I need one of these too. I know it's hard to compare when they are both working in their own way, but which would you recommend me getting first? I'm 53, no deep lines so not too worried about them, but I'm trying to lose weight, and am worried about sagging, because although I do facial exercises, my face is plumpish and we all know what happens with weight loss, the face suddenly ages. I've seen this happen to others and am a bit concerned so which do you think would help most to prevent that?


I have recently lost some weight, not intentionally and I am trying to gain it back. I have noticed quite an increase in sagging in the naso labial area. I wonder if the Nuface works as well on more mature skin? If so I know I want one!
Ricky
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 657
Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Here are a couple of today's pics, per Mlle's La Vie's request!!!

I am wearing light makeup (Yay, UGloGirl!) and yep, my lashes are out of control (wheeee). Laughing

You can probably see that things are tighter and my neck lines are being helped, as well. I've been using Ice Elements Edelweiss for them so that's probably getting kicked up a notch with the Nuface. I'm loving the results of this thing! Just kind of pulls it all together!


Holy crap! I refuse to believe you are a grandmother. You look amazing in those pictures! Your skin [lips/eyes/hair] looks incredible. Thanks for the review, I wish I could afford this for my mother now.

Edited to ask:
Do people fall out of their chairs when they find out your age?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 1862
Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
Wow! You look great in these pics, I swear you look 10 years or more younger than some of your earlier 'before' pics.

You aren't looking at that 12 gallon Reef Aquarium Costco has on sale this week are you? I have eyed it, but just don't need one more thing to do, but I still keep looking, sale ends today Surprised


Thanks, lorimcp! It's finally all coming together, thanks to these forums and a few others. Smile I didn't see the 12 gallon you're referring to but have a 14 gallon Oceanic Biocube that I'm doing some modifications to for lighting and filtration. Just got back from the tropical reef store and though it's a small operation, I was very impressed. They actually quarantine their fish there; such a rarity in today's market so I'll be purchasing my items from them.

Quote:
Hi, I find I am getting better results with the BQ compared to the Beuer, seems much stronger. I bought the Beuer a few years ago,(since I already have it) I still use it occasionally. (I have quite good skin , a few broken caps, not many, so I have not noticed a big difference with the broken caps).
I use the dermawand usually at night after using my creams, ect., it is supposed to help them penetrate better, hths.


Excellent info. Exactly what I was looking for in comparison!

Quote:
I have recently lost some weight, not intentionally and I am trying to gain it back. I have noticed quite an increase in sagging in the naso labial area. I wonder if the Nuface works as well on more mature skin? If so I know I want one!


I don't see why not! I'm 40 and I guess that counts for somewhat mature skin. Smile

Quote:
Holy crap! I refuse to believe you are a grandmother. You look amazing in those pictures! Your skin [lips/eyes/hair] looks incredible. Thanks for the review, I wish I could afford this for my mother now.

Edited to ask:
Do people fall out of their chairs when they find out your age?


Thanks!!! I also refuse to believe that I'm a grandmother so that makes two of us. Bad Grin As for falling out of their chair, not so much but people are normally surprised if I mention my children's ages or the grandmother bit. I've always been taken for younger but now with all my gadgets and improved skin care, it's even better! Cool

_________________
42; medium, warm-toned; large pores prone to congestion; oily; using Karin Herzog exclusively right now!
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 284
Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Scally? You're a GRANDMOTHER? OMG! Sorry, but I flat out don't believe it! You look like you're 25 for cryin' out loud! Also, thanks so much for your explanation of the various machines out there, and the ones that you use. I did some research last night after reading your post and I have to ask you, where did you purchase your Nuface? They didn't have any on ebay, I checked. One place had it for $450 (the Nuface site) and another had it for I think $365. I just love your picture updates and all I know is that if I had your eyelashes I could die happy! And yes, I'm using the JM lash serum and have been since late October, so it's been about a month and I have seen some improvement as far as lengthening goes... Now I'm waiting on more dense lashes! It will be interesting to see how carekate's product works...Thanks again!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 1408
Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
You don't have much sagging skin under your neck but have you used it on your neck and noticed any difference?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 1862
Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
Scally? You're a GRANDMOTHER? OMG! Sorry, but I flat out don't believe it! You look like you're 25 for cryin' out loud! Also, thanks so much for your explanation of the various machines out there, and the ones that you use. I did some research last night after reading your post and I have to ask you, where did you purchase your Nuface? They didn't have any on ebay, I checked. One place had it for $450 (the Nuface site) and another had it for I think $365. I just love your picture updates and all I know is that if I had your eyelashes I could die happy! And yes, I'm using the JM lash serum and have been since late October, so it's been about a month and I have seen some improvement as far as lengthening goes... Now I'm waiting on more dense lashes! It will be interesting to see how carekate's product works...Thanks again!


Yup, bonified grandmother but my AKA is Jeema (G-Ma)! Smile $365 is a good price and about what I paid on EDS w/my 15% discount. Only thing is shipping takes awhile to the states (6-10 business days). You'll be surprised when all of a sudden, dense lashes will be there! I'm waiting for the release of more JM as Carekate's lash product doesn't see to be available anytime soon.

Sharky, I've noticed a little bit of sagging under my jaw and believe it's due to CPs - the skin getting used to them - I am using the Nuface on my whole neck and also focus on this part, as well. It is helping, though, because my little neck rings are noticeably shallower.

_________________
42; medium, warm-toned; large pores prone to congestion; oily; using Karin Herzog exclusively right now!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 1361
Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Scally, now you're REALLY killing me! I need to pay my rent, not buy a NuFace! Confused

Everytime you post a pic, I am amazed at how awesome you look! Your lips are looking FANTASTIC and of course the lashes are just plain silly because they're so fabulous!

Please let us know details for your lipcare. They are phenomenal. I know you use DMAE and CPs on them, but HOW? TIA! Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 1862
Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Scally, now you're REALLY killing me! I need to pay my rent, not buy a NuFace! Confused

Everytime you post a pic, I am amazed at how awesome you look! Your lips are looking FANTASTIC and of course the lashes are just plain silly because they're so fabulous!

Please let us know details for your lipcare. They are phenomenal. I know you use DMAE and CPs on them, but HOW? TIA! Very Happy


MG, it's the amazing products and the supplements, I think! Thanks so much for your lovely compliments! That must mean it's working, huh? Pay your rent, girl, and then get the Nuface. Wait a minute, aren't you a youngster? Are you sure you need this thing? I recall you mentioning just finishing school - if you're mid-20s, I can't imagine it being necessary just yet. Smile

As for the lips, here's what I do:

Exfoliate w/my normal products (Epidermix II, etc.)

Plump my lips 2x/day with Luscious Lips contraption

Apply DMAE 4% 2x/day

Apply CPs 1x/day in the PM. I use a CP Serum/Super CP Serum mix all over my face and then also put on some Night Eyes Premier after using it on my eyes.

Use my Oxylight 1x/day everywhere and also on my lips to push product in. I also focus on my lips for extra attention when using my Baby Q.

Lastly, I make sure to always wear some type of balm, gloss or lippie so they are always nice and moist! I'm going to be testing out the new lips system so will see how that works with the routine.

I've found that they are filling out nicely of late and assume it's a combination of rebuilding the collagen as well as focused care.

_________________
42; medium, warm-toned; large pores prone to congestion; oily; using Karin Herzog exclusively right now!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jan 2006
Posts: 1505
Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Scally, you do look unbelievably young. And very pretty too. Even though, I think, you looked very young even before you started the regimen, I can see an even prettier you now (these lashes, lips, my God - don't tell anyone you are a grandmother, you look like you are ready to just start having kids, not grand children).

Please, share (if you do not mind) your complete skin care routine.

TIA,
Lucy.

_________________
Early 50s, Skin: combin.,semi-sensitive, fair with occasional breakouts, some old acne scars, freckles, under-eye wrinkles; Redhead with hazel eyes
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 284
Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
OK Scally, please tell us what supplements you're taking..
Dallas
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Nov 2006
Posts: 9
Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Help!! I saw a story on the news about a device that looks like the kind of device you see in nail salons, the apparatus you stick your nails under after their polished. This device shines a light on your hands and takes out the brown spots at a cheap rate...like $30 or $40 a session. Anybody heard of this? My hands are really giving my age away....the little creeps. After all I've done for them, this is the way they're showing their appreciation. Need help for the brown spots on my hands. Any suggestions would be welcome. Amputating the hands has been considered, but ruled out.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 1862
Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Scally, you do look unbelievably young. And very pretty too. Even though, I think, you looked very young even before you started the regimen, I can see an even prettier you now (these lashes, lips, my God - don't tell anyone you are a grandmother, you look like you are ready to just start having kids, not grand children).

Please, share (if you do not mind) your complete skin care routine.

TIA,
Lucy.


Edited to add: thanks, Lucy! I really think that I have stumbled on a really good routine - took a lot of research but it's really coming together so I am one happy lady!

Sure thing! Here is my current skin care routine (does not include other things like eye products, etc.):

AM
· Ice Refining Cleanser w/Epidermix II to scars
· Ice Elements 2MM and/or Blueberry (3x/week)
· BHA 2%/Mandelic acid 15% all over (about 10 drops) - WAIT 30 minutes (If time, or skip)
· Triple C Serum/25% Vitamin C layered (face, neck, chest and hands)
· Ice Elements Acne Serum spot treatment, then Anti-Aging Serum to face/neck (allow to absorb)
· DMAE 4% under jaw and on lips
· Ultra or Clear Emu oil w/Jojoba/HA lightly applied to face and neck
· SPF 55 Shiseido or Sovina Nuance, if sunny and going to be out a lot - I rely on antioxidants (Vitamin C and internal), if not, which is most of the time

PM
· Ice Elements Refining Cleanser (use Clarisonic brush)
· BHA (occasional) - wait 30 minutes
· Ice Elements Acne Serum
· Ice Elements Radiance Soufflé
· Ice Elements Edelweiss Serum to face/neck
· CP Serum/Super CP Serum (8 drops) to face, Night Eyes Premier around eyes, CP Serum on neck/BND on décolletage/Folligen to brows
· Ultra Emu oil w/Jojoba/HA lightly applied to face and neck

Every 1-2 weeks, 35% fruit acid peel from Diana Yvonne

Notes: I do a lot of exfoliation each day and occasion peels. This is a very aggressive routine so should be approached w/caution and is appropriate for thick-skinned, oily individuals; however, everyone is different so listen to your skin for irritation and back off, if it occurs.

Vendors:
-www.iceelements.com for all of the Ice Elements line of products
-www.dianayvonne.com for the BHA, Mandelic Acid, Exfol-A (retinoid I use occasionally), Triple C, Vitamin C 25%, Copper Peptides
-www.skinbiology.com for copper peptides (inventor of CPs sold on Diana Yvonne's site) - alternative source

_________________
42; medium, warm-toned; large pores prone to congestion; oily; using Karin Herzog exclusively right now!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 1862
Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
OK Scally, please tell us what supplements you're taking..


Brace yourself, lefemme! I follow the Perricone prescription and buy all of my supps from Vitacost (except for MSM, Tangal posted a great, CHEAP source - I will also likely switch to their coral calcium). Right now, this is what I take; it is following the Perricone Prescription (but that is VERY expensive to purchase directly). I got my list from Debbie on the Skincare Board (she is no longer the forum host). It is extensive and I'm sure many will balk at the # of supps but it works and so I continue to follow it. Here it is:

Supplement List

1) NSI Synergy Basic Multivitamin Version 2 (2 capsules)
2) NSI R-lipoic Acid 100 mg
3) NSI Superior Ester C (2 X 500 mg)
4) Life Extension Ascorbyl Palmitate 500 mg
5) NSI Gamma E Tocopherol Complex 200 IU
6) NSI Tocomin Tocotrienols 60 mg
7) NSI L-Carnitine Fumerate (2 X 500 mg)
Cool NSI Acetyl-L-Carnitine (2 X 500 mg)
9) NSI Q-Gel CoQ10 100 mg
10) NSI Glutamine Powder (1500 mg)
11) NSI Borage Oil 300 or 600 mg
13) New Chapter TumericForce 400 mg
14) NSI Mega EFA Capsules (2 per day) or 1 Tbsp. Carlson's fish oil
15) NSI DMAE 100 mg
16) Calcium 1200 mg

MSM for skin remodeling, even though it is not Perricone recommended. Health Juice Cocktail:

Your favorite juice or toss in b'fast smoothie
1 tsp. glutamine (5 grams)
1 tsp. MSM (4000 mg) - you must first work up to this amount, start at 1/2 tsp.
2 tsp. Silica gel

Oz Garcia (Look and Feel Fabulous Forever pg. 263/264 - use for 3 months to see improvement in quality of hair, nails and skin)

I have this book on my wishlist but can confirm that my nails are in the best shape of my life, they do not snap any more when I bang them against something and are really thick now. I've always had good hair and nails but the supps have taken me to a new level of health and well-being. I can point you to the source links for most of the supplements, if anyone is interested. My list is not exactly the same as Deb's but only due to a few different items.

_________________
42; medium, warm-toned; large pores prone to congestion; oily; using Karin Herzog exclusively right now!
kyplantjunkie
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 169
Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Scally,
I'm very new to this forum-lucky for my bank account!! I started obsseviely reading posts a few months ago as I was preparing- with Obagi, to have a series of Fotofacials, with Levulan--for super-blotchy pigmentation. The first levulan was a joke- no redness at all- although the obagi has allready improved my skin tone dramatically itself. I'm due for the 2nd levulan on Tuesday- my ps assured me that there will be some serious redness this time- no pain no gain, right? I'm planning on using my baby q after the 1st 48 hrs to aid in the healing ( I've emailed with James at Advanced therapeutics about this)--any other suggestions on that? NOW--- after reading your posts, AND seeing your unbelievable pics-OMG!!!!; I've also ordered a NuFace. The improvements on your jawline are amazing!-and just what I'm looking for. I tell myself that my upcoming 50th B-day is at fault for all this. However, I know myself well enough, that if I had stumbled upon EDS earlier, I would have without a doubt been one who had purchased all the previous "machines" and potions as well. Age gracefully-I don't think so! Anyway- thank you so much for all your detailed posts and pics--All I have to wait for now, is more JM eyelass stuff to become available, or the CareKate version. I wonder what I'll "have" to buy in the meantime! Robin
Cowgirlzz
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 35
Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I am setting up a mini-nano reef in the next week or so. Are any of you into marine aquaria? If so, we can toss a little chaeto, skimmer, live sand discussions around. Takers??? I'm sure you are all happy to know that I have other obsessions, as well.


Too cool! Smile
I have a 75g reef and 10g nano.

Also - thanks for posting your skin care and daily supplements routine.
Much appreciated!

CG
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 1408
Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Scally your skin does look amazingly good. Thanks for all of the photos and specifics of your routines. It take discipline to do so much. You say that you do only 4 minutes with Nuface, on each spot or total?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 1862
Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
kyplantjunkie wrote:
I'm planning on using my baby q after the 1st 48 hrs to aid in the healing ( I've emailed with James at Advanced therapeutics about this)--any other suggestions on that? NOW--- after reading your posts, AND seeing your unbelievable pics-OMG!!!!; I've also ordered a NuFace. The improvements on your jawline are amazing!-and just what I'm looking for. I tell myself that my upcoming 50th B-day is at fault for all this. However, I know myself well enough, that if I had stumbled upon EDS earlier, I would have without a doubt been one who had purchased all the previous "machines" and potions as well. Age gracefully-I don't think so! Anyway- thank you so much for all your detailed posts and pics--All I have to wait for now, is more JM eyelass stuff to become available, or the CareKate version. I wonder what I'll "have" to buy in the meantime! Robin

Robin, excellent that the BQ will help w/your planned treatment and so glad your finding the post/pics helpful; I thought to myself, hey, I'll bet the BQ would help w/this, then read that you already did your research! I completely am with you on the age gracefully thing - I'm kicking and screaming the whole way and plan to age beautifully and look good the whole trip. Smile This forum is ideal for digging up info on devices and products. It really helps get some real world feedback rather than just tossing $ out the door at every little temptation. Smile
Quote:
Too cool! Smile
I have a 75g reef and 10g nano.

Also - thanks for posting your skin care and daily supplements routine.
Much appreciated!

Awesome! I just got back from Lowes and FINALLY found a proper cabinet to house my 14g Oceanic Biocube nano! It's a closet organizer thing but it will fit nicely and it has a drawer, doors and no back so PERFECT! I'm going to put it together in a few minutes then fill the tank w/water for a test run!!! BTW, I used to have a 125g full SPS reef w/55g refugium/sump. Ah, the good old days. I couldn't move it with me and wouldn't have mattered because I live on the 3rd floor now - too dangerous. However, the bug bit once more so I decided to go with a baby-sized one so I could still have my fix!
Quote:
Thanks Scally your skin does look amazingly good. Thanks for all of the photos and specifics of your routines. It take discipline to do so much. You say that you do only 4 minutes with Nuface, on each spot or total?

Thanks, Sharky! You are most welcome (as is everyone) for the pics/info. I've found that having a printout inside my vanity mirror in the bathroom is VERY helpful to keep it straight. It actually doesn't take me long at all to do the routine - keeping it straight was the problem. As for the time spent on the Nuface routine, it's only 4 minutes from start to finish. I put some aloe vera gel on a section, run the Nuface and move on the next one and repeat. There are only three sections - neck, face/cheeks and forehead. You go over each area 3x and I go slowly - it moves quickly - very easy. FYI, I started using DMAE with the hopes of achieving the results I'm getting w/the Nuface (had no knowledge of the device when I started DMAE) and though I like DMAE for the benefits it gives my lips and jaw, it comes NOWHERE close to what the Nuface does. This gadget is revered by me up there w/my Baby Q.

I have to ping kls and MACrisis because they both have a Nuface and need to get on the ball with using it! I think MAC is doing a test and intends to review eventually (can't believe she hasn't already because of the great results) but kls was only using it intermittently. I need to give them some encouragement!

_________________
42; medium, warm-toned; large pores prone to congestion; oily; using Karin Herzog exclusively right now!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Anthony Logistics Instant Fix Oil Control (85 g / 3 oz) DeVita Perfecting Time (75 ml / 2.5 oz) Pevonia Spa Clinica Pro Micro-Retinol Essential Moisturizer (50 ml / 1.7 floz)