Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much doba!! Very Happy

I just ordered it from Caliderma. Will let everyone know how it goes.

Michelle
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Thanks so much doba!! Very Happy

I just ordered it from Caliderma. Will let everyone know how it goes.

Michelle

You are welcome. I have to receive mine today or tomorrow. Very Happy
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Today, I used the Nuface for the first time. I didn't feel any tingling or anything else.
However, after I did only the right side of my face, I asked my DH if he could see any difference (he didn't know what side if the face I worked on). He told me that he could see that the right brow is clearly lifted. So, I really hope it will work for me in other areas, too (the brow lift is not my concern).

I would like to know if I am the only one who does not feel anything.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Today, I used the Nuface for the first time. I didn't feel any tingling or anything else.
However, after I did only the right side of my face, I asked my DH if he could see any difference (he didn't know what side if the face I worked on). He told me that he could see that the right brow is clearly lifted. So, I really hope it will work for me in other areas, too (the brow lift is not my concern).

I would like to know if I am the only one who does not feel anything.

Oh darn ... now I need this too! I'd love to have the effects of a transbleph or brow lift without surgery.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used their NuFace INSIDE the nasolabial lines? I know it says in the directions not to-----but--that area on my face could use some help. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes OK, a lot of help. Stop laughing!! Bad Grin
Robin
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
kyplantjunkie wrote:
Has anyone used their NuFace INSIDE the nasolabial lines? I know it says in the directions not to-----but--that area on my face could use some help. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes OK, a lot of help. Stop laughing!! Bad Grin
Robin

I need to know this too. I'm not laughing, I'm in the same boat.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
kyplantjunkie wrote:
Robin

I need to know this too. I'm not laughing, I'm in the same boat.

I am not going to do this. I think if you use it there, it can do more damage then good.

Frodo, how do you like it so far?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not noticing anything that would deserve fireworks but it hasn't been that long since I started. I am using it daily and hope to see some kind of change in the near future. It took 60 years for my face to get to where it is so I am not expecting an overnight miracle.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I'm not noticing anything that would deserve fireworks but it hasn't been that long since I started. I am using it daily and hope to see some kind of change in the near future. It took 60 years for my face to get to where it is so I am not expecting an overnight miracle.

Thank You!
Do you experience anything while doing it? I do not feel anything. If it wasn't for one side test, I would think that it is damaged and needs to be exchanged.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
@doba, when I use the Nuface there are some places where I feel sort of an electrical pinch, usually where there is hair involved, so eyebrows, hairlines .... also sometimes it seems it flickers... maybe something electrically is going on ?
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
@doba, when I use the Nuface there are some places where I feel sort of an electrical pinch, usually where there is hair involved, so eyebrows, hairlines .... also sometimes it seems it flickers... maybe something electrically is going on ?

Thank you.
How do you like the Nuface? Does it do anything for you?
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
doba wrote:

Do you experience anything while doing it? I do not feel anything. If it wasn't for one side test, I would think that it is damaged and needs to be exchanged.

Today I adjusted the "power" on the NuFace, and I can feel a tingling on my face and neck. I cannot believe that I didn't think of this before. Shock
Another thing that I did different and I like it much better is that I diluted the included gel with NA-PCA by TwinLab. The consistency became much thinner and it works better. Rolling Eyes
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
@doba, it seems to lift the area cheek/nose just a bit for me, it doesn't do anything on wrinkles or anything yet.

And for you?
swissmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I saved $90 dollars on this device. I will post photos before and after.

thanks again!
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I've just sent an email to Skin Star Inc. about using Nuface inside the nasolabial lines, as well as the chin, angling up to the temples. I'll post their reply when it comes in.
Smile Robin
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I also got mine and tried it for the 1st time yesterday. I do not see any difference, but I did feel some tingling (may be because when I switched it on I went all the way).

The skin feels nice and supple afterwards.
I guess it would take more then one usage to see something. At least that is what I hope for.

Does anyone know what to use for eye area?

TIA,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the response I got-

The reason you cannot use NuFace inside the nasolabial fold is because the mouth area is a circular muscle. You can put NuFace right on top of the fold and lift toward the ear to help diminish and reduce the nasolabial foldJ. You can not lift the chin area because it lies within the circular muscles. The under chin (“turkey neck”) can be lifted when lifting the neck area! Feel free to call us directly with questions!

I hope this helps!

Best,

Tera

Tera N. Valdez

VP of Sales and Marketing

Skin Star Inc.

Direct:(760)230-1322

Fax: (760)942-1292

Cell: (619)261-1612
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Well, that was a quick response from the company! Thanks for posting it.

I just got my Nuface yesterday and haven't had a chance to use it yet...but today I will Exclamation I will post about what I think as using it progresses.

I also wanted to express thanks to everyone on these forums. I'm pretty new to posting here and have been lurking for a short while before this. Everyone's been great and so helpful. I'm so glad I found this site!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
kyplantjunkie,
Thanks for the information.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just called Tera with some of my concerns and just wanted to share the info:

1). Eye area - just by using it on the cheek (upper cheek area) and by lifting the brow area some eye area lifting should happen with time.

2). Double chin area - in that area you can start right in the middle and move towards the ear. It is not allowed over the neck area (thyroid, etc.) ypu should start an inch away from the center, but is OK to use it in the 2nd chin area.

3). Forehead - as described in the leaflet should be sufficient.

4). It can be used dasily and should take 5-6 min total time.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I just called Tera with some of my concerns and just wanted to share the info:

1). Eye area - just by using it on the cheek (upper cheek area) and by lifting the brow area some eye area lifting should happen with time.

2). Double chin area - in that area you can start right in the middle and move towards the ear. It is not allowed over the neck area (thyroid, etc.) ypu should start an inch away from the center, but is OK to use it in the 2nd chin area.

3). Forehead - as described in the leaflet should be sufficient.

4). It can be used dasily and should take 5-6 min total time.

HTH,
Lucy.

Lucy,
I am somewhat confused. The instructional picture only shows three areas of treatment: neck, cheeks, and forehead. I also understand that we have to repeat the Nuface movements 3 times in each of the areas.
Does it mean that in order to treat the double chin, we would have four areas to treat? Also, when treating the cheeks, do you treat lower cheek and upper cheek areas separately?

Thank you.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I do double chin area in addition (sort of like the 4th neck section).

I believe there were 3 sections for the cheek area, that stays the same.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I do double chin area in addition (sort of like the 4th neck section).

I believe there were 3 sections for the cheek area, that stays the same.

HTH,
Lucy.

You mean that you do the neck area nine times (3 sections * 3 times)? And the cheeks and the forehead also nine times each? So, the double chin area would be an additional section that has to be done 3 times. Am I correct?

Thank you.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I think so.
It does not take long, and I only started yesterday.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Swissmiss - have been reading the forum for
quite some time but have never posted (can't figure out how to use these darn threads!)
So if you get this message, where did you purchase the Nuface with $90 off.
I want to be extra careful before Ipurchase any more devices (spent quite a bit on an LED a couple years ago which has not done much)
Thx so much DIPhx

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |