Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I can't believe I am doing this Rolling Eyes I am so excited to get my Nuface today. Below are before treatment photos and photos taken 1 hour after. Before photos have blue typing and after red. I swear I can see a difference. Give me your thoughts please. In all photos I have absolutely no creams or makeup on. I am anxious to see results as the weeks go by. Will keep a photo journal for you. You can see my main area of concern are the corners of my mouth. The first before picture is very grainy but you can get an idea. The angle of pictures I tried to duplicate but they are not quite the same. In the before full face I am looking down a tad and the after full face up a little It is hard taking your own picture. Laughing I am 63.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
This is after only one treatment, Winnie?!?

Even though the different lighting in the 2nd shot makes it hard to tell, there does seem to be a lessening of the lines. Nice!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
This is after only one treatment, Winnie?!?

Even though the different lighting in the 2nd shot makes it hard to tell, there does seem to be a lessening of the lines. Nice!

Yes lunarmm one treatment Very Happy . I see somewhat of a tighter, more lifted look.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Yes when I say the lines are less deep (and they aren't deep to begin with), I see a lifting.

You really are beautiful, Winnie - inside and out!!!

I hope I look as good at 63!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
That's terrific!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Winnie! I see a definite tightening in the chin/jowl area..

Don't be afraid to put in extra minutes. I do as much as 10 or more passes to the real problem spots.

You look fabulous Granny!!!!! Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Impressive Winnie. Are you able to use the Nuface in the lip area? My main area is the corners of my mouth also.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:57 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Impressive Winnie. Are you able to use the Nuface in the lip area? My main area is the corners of my mouth also.

I have not tried the lip area yet. Perhaps Kassy knows something regarding that from the advanced techniques.I think Kassy called the company in regard. Think Will keep you up to date. Wink By lifting the cheeks the corners of your mouth raise. Try looking in the mirror and slightly lifting the flesh by your cheekbone. The Nuface is so new to me that I feel awkward.

Hope scalawaggirl logs in. She is extremely helpful with her guidance. She must have the Nuface down pat. Smile

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Hey ladies! Winnie - fabulous before and after pictures! Yay for you! I definitely see a difference after one use.

Now, for the uplifting of the corners of the mouth, here's what I do:

Run the Nuface from the bottom of the bottom furrows and go upward. Hold just a little higher than even with the corner of your mouth. Also, run and hold at an angle toward the cheek. This works extremely well for me to provide a nice lift. I'm also focused on the down turned corners and this seems to help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I took another photo today. I converted to black and white as the tones of pictures were different. My digital camera is only 4 megs. The top picture was taken before Nuface treatment. The picture directly below was taken today after third treatment. I can clearly see the corner of my mouth is not sagging as much and the skin looks firmer in that area. I will do another photo in a week or so to compare. I am concentrating on the corners of my mouth. The larger pictures after one treatment are above.

I certainly don't expect permanent results. If I can use this gadget once a day for 5 minutes and get these results I will be happy. When the corners of your mouth start turning down one looks angry or sad. Bad Grin Guess I better have a permanent smile on my face. Laughing

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:19 am      Reply with quote
OMG! That's a very nice improvement already!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
From what I understand this device has positive/negative energy. Does anyone know if it matters which ball is on top when doing treatment? One of the balls looks a tiny bit smaller to me. In the video the on/off switch was up on one side of face and down on other. This would not have been noticed unless I questioned the positive/negative. I absolutely love this device!!! The one problem I have is there is not enough information. The video that comes with Nuface is basic. There is very little written literature.

I called Nuface and apparently there are advanced neck techniques on the international video. To date I can't find them on line. I emailed CS to see if they would send me a link. If and when I receive it I will pass it on.
I asked CS if I could place the Nuface above my lip...NO. In no way can it be used on the circular muscles around mouth or eyes.

My daughter came over today. I was quite thrilled as she notice a difference in my face. After asking her what she noticed she said: Mom, you face looks so firm. She did not know I was getting or had the Nuface. Dancing

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, my understanding is that there is one positive/one negative but that it does not matter which is on top. However, they must both touch the skin in order to achieve results. Since I use the device by keeping the unit "even" regardless of the direction I'm going and it seems to be fine.

I do agree that the documentation is very lacking and wonder, if it has to do with our almighty FDA so those at Nuface are dancing around to avoid saying anything even the slightest bit "squirrely".

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Winnie, my understanding is that there is one positive/one negative but that it does not matter which is on top. However, they must both touch the skin in order to achieve results. Since I use the device by keeping the unit "even" regardless of the direction I'm going and it seems to be fine.

I do agree that the documentation is very lacking and wonder, if it has to do with our almighty FDA so those at Nuface are dancing around to avoid saying anything even the slightest bit "squirrely".

You might be on to something there Scala. I also found Advanced Theraputics did not have the documentation I expected to come with the unit. Surely they have to be careful.

Thanks for your opinion regarding the positive/negative balls on Nuface. Smile

bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Wow... Results look amazing.........
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
How long does it take to see DRAMATIC results?
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
I can see the big difference in white black picture.
poolean
5% products discount

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
wow.. great result, thanks Winnie, I can see the big difference.

I saw the video which Kassy posted, they didn't show how to use it on neck. I guess it can't be used on neck?
elsiej123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Nice photos!

Is this the device that was on Oprah's favorite things?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:03 am      Reply with quote
scaly + Winnie...You guys hit the nail on the head.. It's all about the 'FDA'

NuFace, AT, LS..etc, are very happy having FDA approval for their "cosmetic" devices.

Once they make a "medical" claim, i.e. changing the "physical anatomy", or "curing" a medical or physical condition, it's a whole different ball game with the 'FDA'..

If they keep it simple, and carefully worded with their instruction + claims, they stay in the safe 'cosmetic' zone..

So then it's up to us to google to our hearts content, and find the 'good stuff' that we are lacking. The following link has a professional micro current treatment (video) that I incorporated into my NuFace treatments. And the neck is included as well. I really like it a lot, and found it very useful. It can be downloaded and saved to your computer..

http://www.skinforlife.com/microcurrent_non-surgical_face_lift.html

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy Smile

Did you view the neck and body techniques for Nuface? They are in the international download.
http://www.carolcolecompany.com/international/nufaceinstructions.html

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:47 am      Reply with quote
You're right, Kassy! BTW, I've been using it on my neck since I got it with no problems and I'd say, only good improvement. LOL.

I love the international instructions, Winnie! I had no idea it could be used on the body but I'm sure going to give it whirl soon! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, I love the 'international' instructions for the body! I checked it out when you posted it in the other thread.

scaly, I actually tried it out on one side of my droopy butt, and I'll be darned, it lifted..I'm going to work on the cellulite on the back of my legs one of these days also..

I'll tell ya, there aren't enough hours in the day...So many toys, so little time.. Neutral

Kassy

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent! Thanks for the feedback on trying it out body-wise, Kassy! Makes me even more intrigued to give it a try and you're right, not enough time in the day. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
oooh, I want this even more!!!
Forum is too tempting with new products!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |