Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEWS:: Green Cream (any Level)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Tosca - Have you read Tetrakis' notepad on MUA? She thinks that people peel from Green Cream because of the ethanol. I peel if I use it too frequently. That's NOT the case with Avene Ystheal - no irritation ever.

I do get itchy with Diacnel but that has glycolic acid.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I was on GC3 for about 6 months but could never work up to everyday use. I just think it is too irritating for what its worth. I then bought generic renova from mexico starting with .025 and worked up to .05 within a month or 2. It is irritating but nowhere near as bad as GC. I have been on it for about 4 months and am progressing nicely. It is a lot less expensive too. Greg
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry,Rjez! Somehow I missed your post. I haven't read the notepad, so I'll have to go and check it out. That's a really good point about the ethanol. I really like Green Cream and have never had that problem, but I'm not sure I want ethanol on my face. I really might have to try Avene Ystheal. Everyone seems to love it.

That's interesting too, Greg. Where do you get the Renova, and what kind of assurances do you get that it is fresh and that it is uncontaminated?
grhawk
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
I'm sorry,Rjez! Somehow I missed your post. I haven't read the notepad, so I'll have to go and check it out. That's a really good point about the ethanol. I really like Green Cream and have never had that problem, but I'm not sure I want ethanol on my face. I really might have to try Avene Ystheal. Everyone seems to love it.

That's interesting too, Greg. Where do you get the Renova, and what kind of assurances do you get that it is fresh and that it is uncontaminated?

I got it from medsmex. They are a USA company who ships from mexico cause you dont need a prescription then. It looks like its just products made for the mexican market. The generic renova is made by a company named galderma which i researched online to make sure that they are really a reputable drug company.The products are packaged just like they would be here except the writing on the products are in spanish. Go there and look around. I am sure there are others on the forum who have ordered from them that can give their opinion. Greg
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Greg. I'll check it out. I'm really impressed with what GC has done to my skin, so if this is like Renova, I'm really interested in trying it.
grhawk
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
Thanks, Greg. I'll check it out. I'm really impressed with what GC has done to my skin, so if this is like Renova, I'm really interested in trying it.

How long have you been using GC? Greg
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Only about 2 1/2 months. I started seeing a difference within two or three weeks of switching to level 9. I don't necessarily think it's typical to get results that fast. I think I just got lucky.
grhawk
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
Only about 2 1/2 months. I started seeing a difference within two or three weeks of switching to level 9. I don't necessarily think it's typical to get results that fast. I think I just got lucky.

That is really good if you could work up to level 9 that quick. Your skin must not be very sensitive. I am glad you are doing so well with it. Greg
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is not usually extremely sensitive to chemicals. I'm having an incredible reaction to Skinceuticals, though. I almost gave up my test run. I posted a "help me" thread on the other part of the forum, and after talking to a couple of people, I decided I was allergic and needed to quit using it. I got a little better, though (things that looked like hives went down), so I'm forging on with it for a little longer. I still have very dry, raw, itchy skin in a very large area. Maybe it's just the particular formulation of Green Cream that works for my skin (or maybe I really am allergic to the Skinceuticals).
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I thought I should check in in case anyone was waiting to see how my half-face test with Green Cream vs. SC was going. Sadly, I had to abandon the test. I had a terrible reaction to the SC (think hives). I thought it was the stronger retinol at first, but since it's only .01% stronger such a severe reaction doesn't make sense because I never had any reaction whatsoever to the GC L9, - no peeling, stinging, irritation, redness. With this, my face was swollen and hurt so bad I actually had to put ice on it. I'm absolutely positive that I'm allergic to something in it. I'm going to use the rest of it on my hands (I hope). That's the second SC product I've tried, and I had a similar reaction to both of them. I just quit using the other before it got that bad. I doubt I'll try another one of their products.

I will say, though, that the SC felt really silky on my face when I initially put it on. It felt better to touch that side than the GC side. I used it for 22 days, and now that my face has healed, there's no noticable difference between the two sides. I guess .01% for such a short time is not enough to make a difference, especially with such a reaction.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
My update on GC is that I am phasing it out of my routine. Even at Level 3 for several months, my skin became and stayed sensitive and irritated. I completely stopped GC6, in case that was aggravating the situation. I got tired of the stinging and sensitivity issues, so I am in process of switching to Avene Retrinal 0.025% every night, breaking in slowly with a few times per week use. So far, the Retrinal is giving me good results without the irritation of GC.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Great review and thanks for everyone else's feedback and experience. I have been wanting to try this, but have heard horror stories about the peeling. Still on the fence about it, but it helps reading what everyone else has experienced.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
mom2tommax , the peeling that I experienced wasn't like peeling from a sunburn, in case that's what you are thinking. It was more of a subtle flaking that would have been noticable if my skin wasn't moisturized. In the shower, I would get sort of little balls of skin every few days (sorry if that's gross); they didn't hurt and it was just part of the increased exfoliation process that GC enables.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for clarifying the differences between these retinol products. I'm currently using eluage, and my fine lines have never been more evident. I think my skin is still getting adjusted to the elements here in Paris, and it's very dry with central heating, etc., but I just feel like the eluage can't be that effective if it doesn't have a great concentration of retinalhyde--it is almost the last ingredient!
Anyways, I've purchased SC 1%, and will convey my results when I've had a couple of weeks to test it out.
I have used the 0.5 % on my neck, and experienced lots of itching, a bit of redness, etc., but, in turn, very soft skin and the lines around my neck seemed greatly diminished. The skin on the neck is much more thin and sensitive than that on the face, so I'm hopeful, wish me luck!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
Okay, I thought I should check in in case anyone was waiting to see how my half-face test with Green Cream vs. SC was going...

Tosca I am glad that you posted this. I was very interested to see how this would turn out for you!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I'm glad I posted then, Theresa. I almost didn't since I wasn't able to do a good comparison.

Avalange, let us know how it goes for you. I hope you're able to use it because I think it would've been a nice product. Confused
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
dancar4,

Your face got oily from it? For some reason when I apply GC 6, my face is drier and more matte, on those days I actually don't wear my moisturizer (emu+HA serum) for some reason when I go to bed. I just apply the GC and that's it. I probably use it 3 times a week and haven't see any irritation or redness. I may up myself to level 9 at this point.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Anymore reviews on Green Cream?

I have just ordered mine and can't wait for it to arrive.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use greencream - level6 and 9 and I love it. Not every night - but I use it maybe 2-3 nights a week after cp's sink in or before.... I love it.
juliejuliejulie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:

Green Cream is retinol.
Avene is retinaldehyde.
Retin A by prescription is retinoic acid.

Retinol converts to Retinaldehyde which converts to Retinoic acid. Therefore, Avene is stronger than Green Cream (and seems to be easier to tolerate).

So why not just get retin-a and be done with it? I guess it's expensive if insurance doesn't cover it, but it's not like all these other products aren't expensive. If you can get your physician to give you a scrip when you go in for your annual physical, then you wouldn't even need to pay for a derm visit. Or is the retin-a cream to drying for some folks?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I used RX retin A and the Green Cream level 9 did better for me - quicker results - more of a glow. Guess it just worked better on my skin type.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
For me, the Avene retinaldehyde products have been the most effective. It's a balancing act between getting the most bio-available retinoic acid without irritation and dryness. Unfortunately Retin A didn't work out for me--too much sensitivity and increased dry skin. (I really wish this would work out for me, since it's obviously the best source of retinoic acid for the skin, but I tried it twice with similar results.) Retinaldehyde has a much, much greater degree of retinoic acid bio-availability as compared with retinol, according to my dermatologist, and luckily I tolerate it just fine. What she said is that the base ingredients of over-the-counter retinoids determine which ones will work for any particular person. So trial and error to find the best product is apt to vary markedly from person to person.
alex88
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Avene and no effect, now I want to try green cream...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Flitcraft - you like Avene - is this still available? When my greencream runs out I've been thinking of trying diacneal. I believe this: It is good to switch up/ around products because this is the one way to keep things effective - keep your face from becoming content and complacent to what you are using. I like the greencream - really do and will likely come back but I"ll switch for a while.
Hey - I ordered two Vincent Longo's! At your suggestion - can't wait to get them. Wink

Sis
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Sister Sweets--Avene makes several different retinaldehyde based products. Retrinal (in three different strengths) is the easiest to find in the US, and Ystheal, Eluage, and Diacneal are European. I've used Ystheal and Eluage (and I think that Eluage is slightly stronger because of its combination of catalyst ingredients that boost the availability of the retinaldehyde. I actually prefer the creamier texture of the Ystheal, though.) Diacneal is marketed as an anti-acne version because of its added AHA to the retinaldehyde. I haven't bothered with it because I already layer an AHA over my retinoid. (I use the Cellularskin-rx Age Limit glycolic/lactic acid serum.)

I'd love to hear your comparison with green cream since it sounds like we have similar skin. I've not tried it.And do let me know what you think of the Vincent Longo.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |