Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is your favorite mineral makeup finishing powder?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using BE's Mineral Veil, but I would like to experiment with others. If I don't have to pick a color, it's even better! Wink
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I like Pure Luxe's "April's Mix" and "You Glo, Girl." The "April's Mix" is not as glowy as "You Glo, Girl." You can get samples from Pure Luxe of both of these, and you can pretty much tell from one use if you're going to like them.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
im currently using jurlique rose silk dust (not MMU) but next i will be trying youngblood's rice setting powder.. been hearing great things about it
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
im currently using jurlique rose silk dust (not MMU) but next i will be trying youngblood's rice setting powder.. been hearing great things about it

smqueen,

Could you please let me know where to order the youngblood's rice setting powder? website link please?

thank you
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
http://forums.delphiforums.com/mineralmania/start

This is the start page for Delphi forums. If you scroll down you can select the company that you are looking for and go right to the website. Also lots of talk about those companies listed on the start (and ones that aren't such as DS brands).

I really like April Mix's. I have EDM finishing dust and I find that it seems to settle into my pores. At first I thought it was my MMU; but realized it is absoluetly the ED finishing dust.

I have Must Have Minerals/Lumiere on order with full sizes of finishing powder and I will review that also.
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Link to Youngblood site

http://www.ybskin.com/
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much! Very Happy
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using and loving Dr Hauschka's Loose Powder. Excellent finish and coverage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Carekate's silk dust for a while but I find with Alima I don't need to set it - it just doesn't rub off and adheres to my skin like a dream. I only use the silk dust when I know I'll be out for the whole day so it's to keep my oilies at bay. I also concur with wildflower except I use the pressed version. I really like it and I use it to retouch (or reset) my existing makeup after I've blotted.

But sometimes I'll use a finishing powder to make my skin look prettier - like my Guerlain meteorites.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I've been using Carekate's silk dust for a while but I find with Alima I don't need to set it - it just doesn't rub off and adheres to my skin like a dream. I only use the silk dust when I know I'll be out for the whole day so it's to keep my oilies at bay. I also concur with wildflower except I use the pressed version. I really like it and I use it to retouch (or reset) my existing makeup after I've blotted.

But sometimes I'll use a finishing powder to make my skin look prettier - like my Guerlain meteorites.

Do you apply the silk dust before or after Alima? I'm trying to experiment to see which method is more oil-absorbing. Seems like silk dust before is, but I get a nicer finish if I apply it after my MMU. I tried sandwiching Alima between 2 applications of silk dust ala Carekate but ended up looking too cakey.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I do a light dusting of the Silk Dust after Alima. The silk dust is a bit drying for me so if I do it before then when I apply Alima it will stick to any dry flakes I might have. Also applying before cancels out the point of my regular primer which I apply to hydrate and smooth those dry flakes. I don't use the silk dust everyday either because I find Alima doesn't make my skin oily so there's only a small difference on when I have to blot with using the silk dust - maybe an hour of difference.

My skin is pretty balanced from the use of oils so right now my main concern is dehydration rather than oil control so the silk dust isn't a main part of my routine and sometimes I forget to use it.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
lotus003, you can find it for cheap on http://spaproductsonline.com/ Very Happy
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
My new favorite: CareKate's Silk Dust in Lavender.

It's positively fabulous!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely agree with Paris! I have Carekate's Citrus Silk Dust and it is truly HG for me. I can put all of the others away, for good.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I think you can get a sample kit containing three foundation, one brush and one concealer from everyday minerals make up. this may help your experiments
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Does Carekate's silk dust have a glow to it?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Glow in what sense? Shine? No, it doesn't. But that's why I like it Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've just been using some really cheap drugstore kind....

Everyday Minerals has a "Balancing Dust" that I want to try... Anyone have any experience with this?
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:18 am      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
lotus003, you can find it for cheap on http://spaproductsonline.com/ Very Happy

Thank you Smile l will check it!
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Paris.. I should have said shimmer instead of glow.. I was up wayyyyyyyy too late. LOL[u][/u]
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
no worries lefemme...I don't like shine in my makeup (except my eye shadow)...as my face can "shine" all on its own (aka oilies!) Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I use Mineral veil by I.D. Bare Escentuals and am happy with it. I rarely have to reapply throughout the day.

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
chevycamarolvr wrote:
I've just been using some really cheap drugstore kind....

Everyday Minerals has a "Balancing Dust" that I want to try... Anyone have any experience with this?

Hi! I just ordered some of this a week or so ago... looking forward to trying it out.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I use Clé de Peau finishing powder. It's $$$ but lasts forever and boy, what a beautiful finish - no glow, just perfect. I add glow, if desired, with bronzers or shimmers.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Alima doesn't really need a setting powder. but if I need one, it's April's Mix from Pure Luxe all the way!!

Am interested to try Carekate's formula eventually, maybe for the summer when I don't want a glowy look Smile

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |