Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
treating acne with essential oils/ tea tree oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
i am currently using Aromatherapy Associates tea tree oil.. i dont think i am using it properly.. can someone tell me how to effectivly use tea tree oil? also, any other ways to use EO's for acne treatment instructions is greatly appreciated. thank you guys
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
i just dab some tea tree oil directly over the zits to dry them out and it works well. Don't use it all over your face.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I dip a Q-tip (cotton swab) in the tea tree oil and then spot treat my blemishes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Personally, I think pure Lavender oil works more effective than tea tree oil. It works great to treat acne and burn.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
simplenpure wrote:
Personally, I think pure Lavender oil works more effective than tea tree oil. It works great to treat acne and burn.

I'd have to agree. My skin just seems to like lavendar more but I don't think I would be able to apply it neat like I do tea tree as I don't like the tingle/sting that lavendar gives me. I think it's because lavendar as more astringent effects than TTO. I apply TTO the same way that Yen does though I don't do it often. It hasn't helped much - my Escents works better.
radiantface
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I use a Q-tip to apply to mosquito bites.
trianglefish
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I use Q-tip or sometimes finger tip to apply TTO directly on the acne. It worked for the first few times, then it wasn't as effective. I feel TTO will leave red marks and it takes some time to fade. Do you have this problem too?
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

One of my favorite sites for holistic type care is http://wholehealthmd.com

Once you get to the site, click on Healing Centers and then you can click on the issue that you want to look into, like acne.

Then you click on nutritional supplements under Learn about natural remedies for your Acne and you will see a list of suggestions, how to use them, doseage, how they work, anything to be aware of, possible side effects, etc.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I am very interested in this whole dabbing on E.O to treat acne thing. I just got myself some lemon myrtle, and ow, I dabbed it on neat though I was warned not to do so. It was really tingly, hot kinda pain. I am using sweet almond oil now to dilute it, but do any of you know a better carrier oil?

Also do you dab on the lavendar oil neat? Or do you need to dilute it as well.

For more info on the lemon myrtle E.O, check out this link: http://www.rainforestremedies.com.au/lemon_myrtle.shtml
sothy01
5% products discount

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
I had no results with the tea tree oil. The toners are more effective for acne. Make sure to moisturize with even if you have acne.
Tammy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:21 am      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
i am currently using Aromatherapy Associates tea tree oil.. i dont think i am using it properly.. can someone tell me how to effectivly use tea tree oil? also, any other ways to use EO's for acne treatment instructions is greatly appreciated. thank you guys

I would see if you can get a hold of Decleor Ylang Ylang Baume and oil samples. It really does help!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Ooh..I should also start using lavendar, tea tree oil makes me smell like gasoline Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I would spot treat with lavender rather than tea tree but that's a personal preference. carekate recommended putting rosehip oil after it has dried to avoid the skin drying out in that area and I think this was a great tip.
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I drop one tree oil into the water and wash my face.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Bosoxy wrote:
Hi!

One of my favorite sites for holistic type care is http://wholehealthmd.com

Once you get to the site, click on Healing Centers and then you can click on the issue that you want to look into, like acne.

Then you click on nutritional supplements under Learn about natural remedies for your Acne and you will see a list of suggestions, how to use them, doseage, how they work, anything to be aware of, possible side effects, etc.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

I somehow missed your post abov me Bosoxy (I am such a ditz). Thank you for the link, it looks really interesting. Definitely adding it to my reading list!
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad that you can use the link, cuppre!

I have done quite a bit of research on a variety of vitamins and supplements and Whole Healthy MD is the best site that I have found for complete and accurate information.

As far as the part about you being a ditz... I don't believe it... not even for a moment! Smile

Take care.
Bosoxy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Wow . . .thaks for the tip on lavender oil! I always found tea tree oil too drying so maybe this is something I might find useful!!!! I will post my results! Cool

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |