Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: NIA24
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I received the following NIA24 products in a10-day travel/sample kit.

NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex: I liked this and saw around a 5% immediate improvement with regards to firming (I’m 39 and my skin is just starting to sag). The texture is nice, and I noticed no scent, which for me is a good thing. It moisturizes well, but my skin became greasy/oily after applying it, so after several days I only used it at night. I used the this for 2 weeks in all. After that immediate improvement I noticed no further improvement, but of course I only used it 2 weeks. I have rosacea and sensitive skin and this caused no irritation. I might buy this product in the future (I just ordered a ton of products from the PSF line, so I'll [hopefully] be sticking with those for quite a while).

NIA24 Sun Damage Prevention 100% Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30: This really left my face feeling greasy/oily after applying it. I tried it for 4 days, first with and then without the Skin Strengthening Complex, and it was just too heavy for my face. I finished the rest of my sample using it on my neck and décolleté and that worked okay. I would not buy this in the future.

NIA24 Cleansing Scrub: This was my favorite of the NIA24 products. It completely exfoliated and cleansed my skin, working like a peel, but causing absolutely no irritation. I have rosacea and sensitive skin and this product actually left my skin feeling soothed, and there was no redness at all. I’ve tried many at-home peels and exfoliating products and this is one of the best. I will buy this in the future.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I too used the sample products and was impressed enough that I purchased the scrub and strengthening cream. I've been very careful with sun exposure regarding my face but not as careful with my chest and wow did this stuff smooth out my chest. I showed my chest to several of my clients and they too went and purchased the product based on how nice my chest looked. I was told the sunscreen has the same amount of pro-niacin as the strengthening cream and the Dr's office said you could use the sunscreen and not use the strengthening cream. My preference would be to not use their suncreen as I prefer PTR sunscreen. For those of you with some sun damage on your chests I'd wholeheartedly recommend this.

Kimberly
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Nice review Jeannine!

We are the same age and except for the rosacea have just about the same skin types so I found your review very helpful. The Nia products are on my list to try someday but I think that I will skip the sunscreen. How large are the grains in the scrub? I usually avoid scrubs since they make my acne worse but if the grains are very, very small it might be worth a try.

BTW I look forward to reading your PSF reviews!
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
to me,the strenthening complex is effective enough for the sun damage spots on my cheek.
but after a week's daily application,my skin became some sensitive to the complex.
but the effect is great Exclamation
my skin tone is brighter,the everlasting spots are lighter(i used PHYTO+ before,but not many positive effect)
but my skin couldn't endure it, i think.
so i stopped it Confused
ps:thank you Jeannine,i plan to buy the sunscreen ,now i quit it.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
btw,it's oily ,but never cause broke out Cool
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
felinehhy wrote:
to me,the strenthening complex is effective enough for the sun damage spots on my cheek.
but after a week's daily application,my skin became some sensitive to the complex.
anyway the effect is great Exclamation
my skin tone is brighter,the everlasting spots are lighter(i used PHYTO+ before,but not many positive effect)
my skin couldn't endure it, i think.
so i stopped it Confused
ps:thank you Jeannine,i plan to buy the sunscreen ,now i quit it.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine, What are the ingrediants in this line? I've never heard of it before. Thanks.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Here is the NIA24 Web site:www.nia24.com/home.cfm

I did a quick look and did not see a complete ingredient list with amounts, but the FAQ on each of their products sites the ingredients in a Q&A format. You could search the site for more, or e-mail them.

nomoreneckpain wrote:
Jeannine, What are the ingrediants in this line? I've never heard of it before. Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Jeannine. Sounds interesting. Is this a physcian only product or can you get it elsewhere? Thanks.
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to know where to buy this online. There is a physician that sells these products but it's a 3 hour drive from where I live. Confused also would love to be able to get samples. Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
From what I understand, it's sold only through Dr's offices. Let me ask around and see if I can score some more samples.

Kimberly
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
thank you! Pray
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've never used the products, so can't comment on them in that regard, but I know that they are sold on lovelyskin.com and complexioncenter.com.

They do seem to take a unique and interesting approach though....
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I had purchased some sample Nia spf30 ss to use under MMU (VV, lumiere). And as those Canadian winds are blowing all the way down South here... I got a chance to use it.

I have to say, I love it. It sinks right in, and there's no stinky chemical smell. It's not greasy at all. I layered it over IFP mattifying PC and it didn't have an oil leak even after a whole day. I didn't even use any finishing powder. I really like this stuff.

I have 2 PTR SS, I think this stuff is way better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
I've been hovering on the verge of trying this for some time too. From reports it seems very successful for skin brightening, but I'm waiting for someone to jump up and down and say it's thickened my skin without barrier thinning nor sun sensitivity and *improved wrinkles* especially around the eye area. So, if you're out there please jump!

(BTW you can buy the travel pack from Skin-etc for $8 http://www.skin-etc.com/nitrsipr.html)
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

(BTW you can buy the travel pack from Skin-etc for $8 http://www.skin-etc.com/nitrsipr.html)

Looks like the cleanser or the s/s are $8 each, not $8 for the whole travel pack. I'm not sure if that's what you meant; I just wanted to clarify. I want to try the s/s, but $8 for the product plus $5 for shipping is too much for me right now. Sad
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I tried not to get too excited and jinx myself (I always seem to do, I'm sure ppl are tired of it.) But, I am excited because my clogged pores on my chin look smaller (less filled). I wonder if I have a barrier problem there and around my nose. But, I have not tried any other physical SS to compare it to, only MMU.
I bought two samples to justify the shipping (which only turned out to be 4.05 USD, actual cost).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:

Looks like the cleanser or the s/s are $8 each, not $8 for the whole travel pack. I'm not sure if that's what you meant; I just wanted to clarify. I want to try the s/s, but $8 for the product plus $5 for shipping is too much for me right now. Sad

oops! Embarassed You're right - didn't notice and they seem to have sold out of the Skin strengthening cream which is the only one I'm interested in anyhow. Damn
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
marci65 wrote:

oops! Embarassed You're right - didn't notice and they seem to have sold out of the Skin strengthening cream which is the only one I'm interested in anyhow. Damn

From what I understand...
both cream and sunscreen contain the same amount
they do not have to be layered, but the website says you can. But, I'm not really using it to reduce fine lines, so you wouldn't be interested anyways, I guess....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
That's what I was told by the NIA rep. If you're wearing the sunscreen there is no reason to also wear the strengthening cream. At the moment, I'm only using the Physical scrub. I may buy the ss.

k
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've had two dark freckles, which were actually acne scars, come up to a scab and peel off. They are light freckles now. I also have been experiencing flakies after using a combo of pumpkin peel, bha and retinol .5 one night (I only use the SS in the am), that I haven't been able to get rid of. Sad

5% products discount

Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using NIA 24 SPF 30 daily for a month now and the scrub for a few weeks and love the products. They are gentle yet exfoliate without drying and don't make the skin extra oily at all. I have been experiencing more exfoliation than usual but I use retin-A some nights and a c serum in the morning, some recent acne scars are slowly but surely fading.The only problem with the SPF is it seems to sweat off pretty easily if you go out and exercise with it on but overall I love the products, they smell really good too.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the reviews! I've been interested in this line and when I'm ready for another physical sunblock, I'll likely go with NIA24.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using a sample of the sunscreen and I like it so far. It goes on very smoothly, and almost feels like it's sitting on top of the skin, but then it sinks in. I don't get a white cast from it either.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
So far I'm liking the NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex and plan to try another tube. It evens my skin tone and has faded my freckles a bit. It refines my skin texture the way retinoids do (without the irritation, as NIA24 claims), and I've hardly used retinaldehyde since I started -- I've even stopped using C serum but don't know yet if I'll give it up it long-term. If it continues to perform and impress me, it could really streamline my regimen. AND, if the SSC proves to help me defy gravity and my jawline firms up, I'll be ecstatic!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |