Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: NIA24
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have recently purchased the SS and a trial kit of all products of NIA24. I have to say that I really love how even my skin has become over such a short period of time (with exfoliation and Azelaic Acid). Although, I still have my freckles (or 'beauty marks'), I feel they have become darker and will hopefully peel off soon (because I have experienced this with one of my 'marks' and NIA)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I recently obtained sample packets and absolutely LOVE, LOVE their mineral sunscreen. It feels just as nice as Clarins UV 40, active ingredients are zinc and titanium no chemicals and the texture is lovely; acts as a primer under my MMU. I found an ebay seller that offers this line for a great price and will soon be ordering full size skin strengthening complex and sun screen. The cleansers from this line were not so impressive, however.

I'll post a review of the sunscreen after I've used it for a couple months.

Whoohoo, think I found my HG sunscreen!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
It's a nice line. I'm not fond of the cleansing cream but I love the scrub, not for my face but my chest. Keeps it nice and smooth and even. I'll have to take another look at the sunscreen. I do like how it contains the same amount of the active ingredients as the ss cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
I recently obtained sample packets and absolutely LOVE, LOVE their mineral sunscreen. It feels just as nice as Clarins UV 40, active ingredients are zinc and titanium no chemicals and the texture is lovely; acts as a primer under my MMU. I found an ebay seller that offers this line for a great price and will soon be ordering full size skin strengthening complex and sun screen.

This is good news, athena! Would you share the name of the ebay seller, if you dont mind?
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:07 am      Reply with quote
i ordered several tubes of nia skin strenthing complex
and it make my neck allergic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:40 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
It's a nice line. I'm not fond of the cleansing cream but I love the scrub, not for my face but my chest. Keeps it nice and smooth and even. I'll have to take another look at the sunscreen. I do like how it contains the same amount of the active ingredients as the ss cream.

I do believe it was YOUR review that got me innersted in this line Blues! Laughing I know samples won't tell me how effective a treatment will be, but I sure do love the sunscreen and think I'll get results after a few months of use. And if I don't, at least I found a wonderful product that'll serve dual purposes: sunscreen/makeup primer.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

This is good news, athena! Would you share the name of the ebay seller, if you dont mind?

sent you a PM cat!

BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Athena,
Could you share with me? I'm giving up on my Cosmedix sunscreen and am needing a replacement. I remember trying it with my sample but was so impressed with the scrub I can't remember much else. LOL.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I got this as a gift and i really like it. my only reservation is that there seems to be a lot of cones but i really like the concept of niacin. i found it blended right into my skin but i am rather pale, and my sister who is more tan says it gives her face a bit of a whitish cast.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a medium/olive skin tone and this never left a white cast on me. It just disappeared.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:58 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
I got this as a gift and i really like it. my only reservation is that there seems to be a lot of cones but i really like the concept of niacin. i found it blended right into my skin but i am rather pale, and my sister who is more tan says it gives her face a bit of a whitish cast.

I resisted this for so long because of the cones as well but it works so well as a sunscreen and makeup primer [which are all full of 'cones] I'm just gonna have to ignore my reservations! I think all the additional benefits this product offers will outweigh the negatives of silicones and also reason that this is a day product only. After my pm cleansing, facial skin will be able to breath.

Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I plan on purchasing the sunscreen but when reading the thread I wasn't clear on if the sunscreen also helps with lightening pigmentation. I currently don't use sunscreen but recently noticed the pigmentation on my face is getting worse and I'm not able to hide it with my MMU anymore. I was planning on trying to find something that would help with the pigmentation, but it appears that others are having success with the sunscreen doing this? Or is it the skin strengthening complex that is evening out the skin tone?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I plan on purchasing the sunscreen but when reading the thread I wasn't clear on if the sunscreen also helps with lightening pigmentation. I currently don't use sunscreen but recently noticed the pigmentation on my face is getting worse and I'm not able to hide it with my MMU anymore. I was planning on trying to find something that would help with the pigmentation, but it appears that others are having success with the sunscreen doing this? Or is it the skin strengthening complex that is evening out the skin tone?

Diana,
The sunscreen contains the same amount of active ingredients as the SSC so you wouldn't have to use the SSC unless you wished to at night.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Well, 7 months later and I gotta say this is my HG sunscreen! I also tried their treatment for hands and chest, contains a smaller percentage of niaciamide. No noticeable difference in pigmentation on hands, but then again hands and forearms get a lot more exposure to the sun than the rest of me, no matter how frequently I reapply sun protection.

I may try the skin strengthening cream next time I have to restock on my sunscreen. Yep, still working on the same tube I bought in January, probably have enough left for another couple weeks of daily application to face, neck and chest.

Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Well, 7 months later and I gotta say this is my HG sunscreen! I also tried their treatment for hands and chest, contains a smaller percentage of niaciamide. No noticeable difference in pigmentation on hands, but then again hands and forearms get a lot more exposure to the sun than the rest of me, no matter how frequently I reapply sun protection.

athena, did you have any pigmentation on your face? Do you notice a difference? I'm just trying to figure out if I should try and find an additional cream to try or just stick with the SS and see if that helps. I would rather not use an active ingredient with the KH products that I am using.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

athena, did you have any pigmentation on your face? Do you notice a difference? I'm just trying to figure out if I should try and find an additional cream to try or just stick with the SS and see if that helps. I would rather not use an active ingredient with the KH products that I am using.
Hi Diana, no pigmentation on my face - a little on neck and chest that hasn't noticeably improved with the sunscreen alone, but the texture seems slightly improved.

Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
My new favourite skin care line is NIA24. I was going to wait 3 months before I did a review, but I am seeing great results after only 2 months and had to share. Some history... I had never been a sunscreen user because it seemed the few times I did try one it would cause breakouts and at that time all I cared about was having clear skin. I have young looking skin for my age (thanks mom!) so wrinkles had never really been an issue for. But I am almost 37 so have lately been seeing very small wrinkles around the eyes, but again, not enough to force me to use a sunscreen. I just stayed out of the sun. The last couple years I had been noticing some minor pigmentation starting on my face, especially on my nose, around my eyes and a bit above my lip. I'm not sure if this was from not wearing sunscreen, or maybe melasma? Three months ago I spent a couple days in the sun without sunscreen and in the span of 2 days every bit of pigmentation on my face about doubled in darkness, especially the area under my right eye and above my lip. Honestly, from a distance it looked like I had a moustache. Crying or Very sad No amount of make-up would cover it. I was so embarrassed to go in public. So I pleaded on EDS for suggestions of a good sunscreen hoping it wouldn't get worse. When Blues suggested NIA24 I checked it out and once I realized it could also help the hyperpigmentation I decided to give it a try and am I ever glad I did. I loved it so much that within 2 weeks I ordered the Skin Strengthening Complex and 4 weeks later the Cleansing Scrub.

I addition to the NIA24 I am also taking 500 mg MSM daily and using PSF pumpkin peel followed by Juara Tumeric Antioxidant mask 1-2 times a week. I have read that PSP pumpkin peel may not be good to use if you have pigmentation but for me it is helping.

NIA24 Sun Damage Prevention 100% Mineral Sunscreen SPF30
Love, love, love this sunscreen! This sunscreen has a barely noticeable scent and goes on very nicely. It it oil-free, spreads smoothly, does go on white but very quickly is absorbed into the skin. I wait 5-10 minutes before applying MMU and have no problems with it appearing cakey. And it is very reasonably priced. I was really afraid of having breakouts because of my history with sunscreen but I had no problems with that at all. After using the sunscreen alone for 2 weeks, and with winter approaching, I realized that I needed an additional moisturizer which is why I ordered the Skin Strengthening Complex. I give this product a definite 5/5.

NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex
I hesitated on purchasing this cream because of the price, but I loved the sunscreen so much that I had to try it at least once. And I've already repurchased. Again, no scent to this cream. I apply it to clean skin, then immediately apply the sunscreen on top. This cream is supposed to also reduce fine lines and wrinkles and it's hard to see in the photo but I see that the small lines that were starting around my eyes have pretty much disappeared. I give this product an 4/5 (lost a point because of the price).

NIA24 Physical Cleansing Scrub
As I mentioned above I was using the pumpkin peel as a weekly exfoliant, and I was also using Karin Herzog scrub (which I also love) but the thought of getting more niacin benefit was beckoning me so I ordered the scrub. This is a very nice light scrub, much more gentle than the KH scrub. It is a thick white cream with small blue niacin infused jojoba beads. As you massage your face the beads seem to disappear. I really like this scrub and since it is about half the price of the KH scrub I will probably use this daily and save the KH scrub for those days when I am working outside and need more ompf to get the grubbiness off. I give this product a 4/5.

Here are my before and after pics. I have no make-up on in either picture. The before pic was taken before my episode in the sun. The pigmentation looks bad here, you should have seen it at it's worse. Not a good sight. As you can see though, there is improvement in my skin tone and pigmentation, especially the areas around my eyes and nose. Check out how much better my eyelids look. Dancing

ImageImage
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, those are impressive results, Diana P. Thanks for sharing! I hope you get continued improvement and I would love to see more pictures when you do. I am so happy for you!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I love this line and I'm glad you've had such wonderful results, Diana. Yea, you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
My new favourite skin care line is NIA24. I was going to wait 3 months before I did a review, but I am seeing great results after only 2 months and had to share.

Wow...your skin looks fabulous, and you look gorgeous even without makeup!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Great results, congratulations!

I would like to second the praise for NIA24. I've actually been going out with no make up for the first time in years, after using it for several months. Really nice products.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

I would like to second the praise for NIA24. I've actually been going out with no make up for the first time in years, after using it for several months. Really nice products.

Catski, was it you that had the sun damage on your chest? (apologies if it is not you!) But if it is, have you tried it on your chest?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
catski wrote:

Catski, was it you that had the sun damage on your chest? (apologies if it is not you!) But if it is, have you tried it on your chest?

Bethany,
I posted earlier, approximately two years ago, about my chest. Maybe Catski has as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone. I am so happy with the results I have had so far. And with winter approaching and staying out of the sun, I am hoping for even better results over the next couple months. We are heading to Florida for 3 weeks in Feb. and I plan to spend lots of time outdoors, so that will be the real test for the sunscreen.

I wish I could edit my last post. I am actually taking 1000mg of MSM daily, soon will up to 2000mg. I am also only using the NIA24 in the mornings. I am using the KH oxygen face cream in the evenings because I find this cream helps keep my skin clear.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Hi Bethany, yes I got a big lot of tea stain type splodges appear on my chest after rolling there. Very very visible and not at all disguisable.
I'm using the NIA 24 scrub about 3x weekly, and using Finacea and Eluage at night, and Vivier 20% vit C during the day. And I'm continuing to roll.

I love the NIA24, but it is s-l-o-w on actual melasma, but quicker on general overall evening out of skintone.

My plan is to make some inroads on the melasma over the winter,with this quite aggressive route, and to graduate to the NIA decolletage cream come spring, so I'll be be well off acids in time for summer.

My sense is that Finacea is pretty great and fast acting. And I have had no irritation from it.

I'm looking forward to the skin being good enough just to use the NIA.. but right now I want something faster, as I spent all summer wearing big necklaces to hide it!

I think the NIA scrub really does help a lot.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |