Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: NIA24
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
bethany wrote:

Catski, was it you that had the sun damage on your chest? (apologies if it is not you!) But if it is, have you tried it on your chest?

Hi Bethany, yes I got a big lot of tea stain type splodges appear on my chest after rolling there. Very very visible and not at all disguisable.
I'm using the NIA 24 scrub about 3x weekly, and using Finacea and Eluage at night, and Vivier 20% vit C during the day. And I'm continuing to roll.

I love the NIA24, but it is s-l-o-w on actual melasma, but quicker on general overall evening out of skintone.

My plan is to make some inroads on the melasma over the winter,with this quite aggressive route, and to graduate to the NIA decolletage cream come spring, so I'll be be well off acids in time for summer.

My sense is that Finacea is pretty great and fast acting. And I have had no irritation from it.

I'm looking forward to the skin being good enough just to use the NIA.. but right now I want something faster, as I spent all summer wearing big necklaces to hide it!

I think the NIA scrub really does help a lot.

Hmmm...maybe I should look into the scrub. I'm just wondering how much you actually absorb since you rinse it off. (I wonder the same thing about the ZO Exfoliating Polish and the actives in there).

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Thanks everyone. I am so happy with the results I have had so far. And with winter approaching and staying out of the sun, I am hoping for even better results over the next couple months. We are heading to Florida for 3 weeks in Feb. and I plan to spend lots of time outdoors, so that will be the real test for the sunscreen.

I wish I could edit my last post. I am actually taking 1000mg of MSM daily, soon will up to 2000mg. I am also only using the NIA24 in the mornings. I am using the KH oxygen face cream in the evenings because I find this cream helps keep my skin clear.

Great results, Diana. You look fantastic!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Hmmm...maybe I should look into the scrub. I'm just wondering how much you actually absorb since you rinse it off. (I wonder the same thing about the ZO Exfoliating Polish and the actives in there).

Yes, I thought that initially abut the scrub, until Blues told me how it helped her, and I tried it. I think it penetrates as it exfoliates, the little particles of niacin are burst and pushed into the skin.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
bethany wrote:

Yes, I thought that initially abut the scrub, until Blues told me how it helped her, and I tried it. I think it penetrates as it exfoliates, the little particles of niacin are burst and pushed into the skin.

I may have to give that a shot....I can't use Retin-A on my chest more than once a week, so this might give the ZO products a little help.

Thanks for sharing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing your experience and your pictures, NIA 24 sounds really encouraging.

Diana P wrote:
My new favourite skin care line is NIA24. I was going to wait 3 months before I did a review, but I am seeing great results after only 2 months and had to share. Some history... I had never been a sunscreen user because it seemed the few times I did try one it would cause breakouts and at that time all I cared about was having clear skin. I have young looking skin for my age (thanks mom!) so wrinkles had never really been an issue for. But I am almost 37 so have lately been seeing very small wrinkles around the eyes, but again, not enough to force me to use a sunscreen. I just stayed out of the sun. The last couple years I had been noticing some minor pigmentation starting on my face, especially on my nose, around my eyes and a bit above my lip. I'm not sure if this was from not wearing sunscreen, or maybe melasma? Three months ago I spent a couple days in the sun without sunscreen and in the span of 2 days every bit of pigmentation on my face about doubled in darkness, especially the area under my right eye and above my lip. Honestly, from a distance it looked like I had a moustache. Crying or Very sad No amount of make-up would cover it. I was so embarrassed to go in public. So I pleaded on EDS for suggestions of a good sunscreen hoping it wouldn't get worse. When Blues suggested NIA24 I checked it out and once I realized it could also help the hyperpigmentation I decided to give it a try and am I ever glad I did. I loved it so much that within 2 weeks I ordered the Skin Strengthening Complex and 4 weeks later the Cleansing Scrub.

I addition to the NIA24 I am also taking 500 mg MSM daily and using PSF pumpkin peel followed by Juara Tumeric Antioxidant mask 1-2 times a week. I have read that PSP pumpkin peel may not be good to use if you have pigmentation but for me it is helping.

NIA24 Sun Damage Prevention 100% Mineral Sunscreen SPF30
Love, love, love this sunscreen! This sunscreen has a barely noticeable scent and goes on very nicely. It it oil-free, spreads smoothly, does go on white but very quickly is absorbed into the skin. I wait 5-10 minutes before applying MMU and have no problems with it appearing cakey. And it is very reasonably priced. I was really afraid of having breakouts because of my history with sunscreen but I had no problems with that at all. After using the sunscreen alone for 2 weeks, and with winter approaching, I realized that I needed an additional moisturizer which is why I ordered the Skin Strengthening Complex. I give this product a definite 5/5.

NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex
I hesitated on purchasing this cream because of the price, but I loved the sunscreen so much that I had to try it at least once. And I've already repurchased. Again, no scent to this cream. I apply it to clean skin, then immediately apply the sunscreen on top. This cream is supposed to also reduce fine lines and wrinkles and it's hard to see in the photo but I see that the small lines that were starting around my eyes have pretty much disappeared. I give this product an 4/5 (lost a point because of the price).

NIA24 Physical Cleansing Scrub
As I mentioned above I was using the pumpkin peel as a weekly exfoliant, and I was also using Karin Herzog scrub (which I also love) but the thought of getting more niacin benefit was beckoning me so I ordered the scrub. This is a very nice light scrub, much more gentle than the KH scrub. It is a thick white cream with small blue niacin infused jojoba beads. As you massage your face the beads seem to disappear. I really like this scrub and since it is about half the price of the KH scrub I will probably use this daily and save the KH scrub for those days when I am working outside and need more ompf to get the grubbiness off. I give this product a 4/5.

Here are my before and after pics. I have no make-up on in either picture. The before pic was taken before my episode in the sun. The pigmentation looks bad here, you should have seen it at it's worse. Not a good sight. As you can see though, there is improvement in my skin tone and pigmentation, especially the areas around my eyes and nose. Check out how much better my eyelids look. Dancing

ImageImage

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
add me to the list of people for whom NIA24 has really worked well.

I have had some problems with Copper Peptides degrading the texture of my skin, essentially damaging (or bringing the damage up to the surface--same thing in my opinion, if you had perfectly fine skin before using it!).

before (pic of side of face):
forehead:
now, after a summer of using NIA24 sunscreen, scrub, and moisturizer:
and forehead:
far from perfect, but much much better overall!
I am combining this treatment with retin-a, twice per week, and Osea daily regimen.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that's impressive results avalange! Your skin appears so much smoother and moisturized, especially your forehead. I'm glad to see others are having great results also. Thanks for posting the photos.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I 2nd DianaP. Great results Avalange!
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I got the sample from EDS, and it is not so moist to dry skin
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone experience major peeling soon after starting NIA24? I've been using the starter kit for about a week and I'm peeling a lot today (now I know why the scrub is part of the routine - I need it tonight). But the skin underneath is not red or irritated, it looks OK, if anything the peeling has evened out my skintone and got rid of some of the pigmentation and scars. But I'm just wondering how long I can expect it to go on for.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Did anyone experience major peeling soon after starting NIA24? I've been using the starter kit for about a week and I'm peeling a lot today (now I know why the scrub is part of the routine - I need it tonight). But the skin underneath is not red or irritated, it looks OK, if anything the peeling has evened out my skintone and got rid of some of the pigmentation and scars. But I'm just wondering how long I can expect it to go on for.

I didn't have any peeling and I'm using the scrub, cream and sunscreen. Only thing I'm not using is the cleanser and I can't see that causing peeling. I'm not even having any dryness.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Copied from the NIA24 site:

"During the FIRST WEEK of Treatment…

Apply a very light application of only one of the NIA 24™ leave-on products (Skin Strengthening Complex or Sun Damage Prevention 100% Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30) every other day, once daily, and monitor your skin for any signs of redness, itchiness, breakout or dryness. If any side effects occur, continue this once-daily regimen for 5-7 days, as much of the irritation will clear up as your skin adjusts to the increased Niacin. If symptoms continue after 3 full weeks, discontinue and consult your physician.
"

It sounds as though it may cause dryness for some people, mlrox. Did you start all the products right away?
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, rileygirl. Maybe I introduced the products too quickly. I was using the sunscreen every day and added the Barrier repair at night for the past 2 or 3 days. I'll have to drop back to once daily now.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:09 am      Reply with quote
I didnt get peeling, but I did get some pinkness and itchiness at first. best to start slow imo.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:39 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome, mlrox. Good luck!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I didnt get peeling, but I did get some pinkness and itchiness at first. best to start slow imo.

I tried the scrub today (my first Nia24 product), and have itched for the last 9 hours. Shock I also broke out in hives in some areas, like the edges on my chest close to my shoulders. I used hydrocortisone during the day, but it hasn't helped much. I finally drove to the drugstore at midnight and bought some Benedryl....I am hoping that it kicks in fairly soon, sigh. Sad

But the texture of the scrub was nice...definitely more gentle than I expected. Too bad I won't be able to use the rest of it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
NIA24 scrub is my all-time fav. It's the only exfoliating I do next to the Pumpkin Mask from NCN (and clarisonic). Use it on my chest - Blues taught me that one....
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I tried the scrub today (my first Nia24 product), and have itched for the last 9 hours. Shock I also broke out in hives in some areas, like the edges on my chest close to my shoulders. I used hydrocortisone during the day, but it hasn't helped much. I finally drove to the drugstore at midnight and bought some Benedryl....I am hoping that it kicks in fairly soon, sigh. Sad

But the texture of the scrub was nice...definitely more gentle than I expected. Too bad I won't be able to use the rest of it!

I'm sorry to hear that, Bethany. I love the NIA24 scrub. Do you think you could have had that reaction due to your recent dermarolling, or just an ingredient in the NIA24 that did not agree with your skin?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:15 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that, Bethany. I love the NIA24 scrub. Do you think you could have had that reaction due to your recent dermarolling, or just an ingredient in the NIA24 that did not agree with your skin?

It definitely has to be an ingredient, because I had extreme irritation in places I didn't roll.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone broken out in a bumpy and itchy red rash from Nia24?

I've used the Sunscreen and the Strengthening Complex and while my face and neck is fine, my chest has broken out in bumpy red rash.

Anyone had the same experience?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
LizaA wrote:
Has anyone broken out in a bumpy and itchy red rash from Nia24?

I've used the Sunscreen and the Strengthening Complex and while my face and neck is fine, my chest has broken out in bumpy red rash.

Anyone had the same experience?

Liza, if you read my post directly above yours, you can see the answer is definitely yes. Mine was limited to my chest, upper arms and neck...my face was fine.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem, but I've broken out in hives all over my face. Extremely attractive and the itching is driving me nuts. Rolling Eyes

I'm not sure what ingredient I'm allergic to. I've been using the NIA24 eye cream for more than a month with great results. It was only when I started using the strenghtening complex that this happened. Confused
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Liza,
From what I understand, the company came out with the decollete cream because many found the SSC to be too strong for the more delicate skin of the decollete.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that. The rash is still here even though I've stopped using Nia24. I think I will get some antihistamines from the chemist and see how I go. I asked my brother to have a look when he dropped by (thank go for a doctor in the family!) and he thinks it looks like folliculitis.

Has the rash gone away for anyone after prolonged use?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
LizaA wrote:
Thanks for that. The rash is still here even though I've stopped using Nia24. I think I will get some antihistamines from the chemist and see how I go. I asked my brother to have a look when he dropped by (thank go for a doctor in the family!) and he thinks it looks like folliculitis.

Has the rash gone away for anyone after prolonged use?

I posted in another topic that I had rash like acne totally covering my forehead. It started shortly after I started to take Zantac (for reflux) so I immediately stopped taking the Zantac and also any new products I had started within the previous 2 months. That included NIA24 skin strengthing complex (using 2 months) and the scrub (using 2 weeks). I plan on starting them back one at a time into my routine after my skin clears up, but it's been over 2 weeks and I still have quite a few bumps. I've been exfoliating like crazy. It sucks to go from a perfect smooth forehead, to a dry bumpy forehead. I am wondering now if it is maybe that folliculitis that you mentioned. I tried googling it but couldn't find any pictures. What did your brother recommend you use to clear it up?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |