Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Review: NIA24
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
april thanks!

I must of missed that. It really looks impressive. I'll have a chance to test it out alone..I vowed not to bring all my potions with me. A month will be adequate testing time since I won't have access to EDS and new products.

I really do like the sunscreen though and, at least, I won't have to give up C serum. Again, the sunscreen will be put through the test in Greece..I'm bringing Sofina along just in case though Rolling Eyes

I noticed they've updated their site. I remember reading you should apply retinol first, then NIA. At the time, they said NIA & retinol together allows for better results. Their evening protocol for Taz isn't updated yet.

In any case, I'm getting better results with NIA than Remergent DNA repair..although remergent certainly went on much lighter.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pudoodles - marina's right -- I just abbreviated! And you're right too -- I'm not easily impressed! When I became aware of the NIA24 line and checked it out, their scientific claims and the before/after photos definitely caught and held my attention. My skin already looks terrific compared to those folks in the photos, but I'm a sucker for products that claim to fade pigmentation and/or firm and lift -- NIA24 SSC claimed it could do both. Also, I'd been reading things lately about niacinamide and getting interested -- but I'm not into DIY. So the SSC presented an opportunity to see what a niacin derivative could do, and in a retail product. I was game.

Since I wanted to see if it really worked, I gave up other actives for the most part. I have to admit that reviewers who simultaneously use several products are generally of little or no value to me -- how can a person judge fairly what's doing what??? Yet if a person has stuck to a regimen for quite a while and the addition of one new product results in improvement, that's a different story. As it turns out, the few times I used C and NIA together, my skin got dry so it was easy to stop using C regularly. Oddly, I don't have the same problem with Avene Retrinal, but I only use/used it once or twice a week anyway -- not daily like C.

Anyway, I'm basically looking for maintenance and a little bit of improvement -- nothing radical. At my age (55), if I can continue to [reasonably] hold on to what I've got, I'll be happy. One reason why I'm not telling every woman with mature skin to rush out and buy it is that I started using it just as Spring was in the air -- and it's been my experience that my skin looks its worst at the end of Winter and I freak out, only to find that moister air and milder temperatures ALONE work wonders! So I'm reserving final judgement for now. But so far I like it!!! I consider DMAE to be more of a quick fix, whereas this stuff is supposed to repair skin -- different leagues entirely. I still slap on some DMAE --especially when I know I'll be in the company of anyone who's likely to scrutinize my face, like a girlfriend hoping to see me show my age more, or when I get dressed up and want to look my best. I would categorize Vit.C and retinaldehyde products in the same class as NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex -- active products that can repair skin.

Sorry for rambling!!!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
My new favourite skin care line is NIA24. I was going to wait 3 months before I did a review, but I am seeing great results after only 2 months and had to share. Some history... I had never been a sunscreen user because it seemed the few times I did try one it would cause breakouts and at that time all I cared about was having clear skin. I have young looking skin for my age (thanks mom!) so wrinkles had never really been an issue for. But I am almost 37 so have lately been seeing very small wrinkles around the eyes, but again, not enough to force me to use a sunscreen. I just stayed out of the sun. The last couple years I had been noticing some minor pigmentation starting on my face, especially on my nose, around my eyes and a bit above my lip. I'm not sure if this was from not wearing sunscreen, or maybe melasma? Three months ago I spent a couple days in the sun without sunscreen and in the span of 2 days every bit of pigmentation on my face about doubled in darkness, especially the area under my right eye and above my lip. Honestly, from a distance it looked like I had a moustache. Crying or Very sad No amount of make-up would cover it. I was so embarrassed to go in public. So I pleaded on EDS for suggestions of a good sunscreen hoping it wouldn't get worse. When Blues suggested NIA24 I checked it out and once I realized it could also help the hyperpigmentation I decided to give it a try and am I ever glad I did. I loved it so much that within 2 weeks I ordered the Skin Strengthening Complex and 4 weeks later the Cleansing Scrub.

I addition to the NIA24 I am also taking 500 mg MSM daily and using PSF pumpkin peel followed by Juara Tumeric Antioxidant mask 1-2 times a week. I have read that PSP pumpkin peel may not be good to use if you have pigmentation but for me it is helping.

NIA24 Sun Damage Prevention 100% Mineral Sunscreen SPF30
Love, love, love this sunscreen! This sunscreen has a barely noticeable scent and goes on very nicely. It it oil-free, spreads smoothly, does go on white but very quickly is absorbed into the skin. I wait 5-10 minutes before applying MMU and have no problems with it appearing cakey. And it is very reasonably priced. I was really afraid of having breakouts because of my history with sunscreen but I had no problems with that at all. After using the sunscreen alone for 2 weeks, and with winter approaching, I realized that I needed an additional moisturizer which is why I ordered the Skin Strengthening Complex. I give this product a definite 5/5.

NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex
I hesitated on purchasing this cream because of the price, but I loved the sunscreen so much that I had to try it at least once. And I've already repurchased. Again, no scent to this cream. I apply it to clean skin, then immediately apply the sunscreen on top. This cream is supposed to also reduce fine lines and wrinkles and it's hard to see in the photo but I see that the small lines that were starting around my eyes have pretty much disappeared. I give this product an 4/5 (lost a point because of the price).

NIA24 Physical Cleansing Scrub
As I mentioned above I was using the pumpkin peel as a weekly exfoliant, and I was also using Karin Herzog scrub (which I also love) but the thought of getting more niacin benefit was beckoning me so I ordered the scrub. This is a very nice light scrub, much more gentle than the KH scrub. It is a thick white cream with small blue niacin infused jojoba beads. As you massage your face the beads seem to disappear. I really like this scrub and since it is about half the price of the KH scrub I will probably use this daily and save the KH scrub for those days when I am working outside and need more ompf to get the grubbiness off. I give this product a 4/5.

Here are my before and after pics. I have no make-up on in either picture. The before pic was taken before my episode in the sun. The pigmentation looks bad here, you should have seen it at it's worse. Not a good sight. As you can see though, there is improvement in my skin tone and pigmentation, especially the areas around my eyes and nose. Check out how much better my eyelids look. Dancing

ImageImage
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
add me to the list of people for whom NIA24 has really worked well.

I have had some problems with Copper Peptides degrading the texture of my skin, essentially damaging (or bringing the damage up to the surface--same thing in my opinion, if you had perfectly fine skin before using it!).

before (pic of side of face):
forehead:
now, after a summer of using NIA24 sunscreen, scrub, and moisturizer:
and forehead:
far from perfect, but much much better overall!
I am combining this treatment with retin-a, twice per week, and Osea daily regimen.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |