Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: NIA24
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
ricebunny wrote:
Thanks, amonavis.

I noticed that you said you've been using NIA twice a day for the past few weeks...just a quick question...did you start off with once a day, and then build up to twice a day, or your skin was fine with twice a day application from the get-go?

After I had a major reaction with the Nia24 Scrub that took WEEKS to resolve, I would NOT recommend that anyone start off with 2x a day from the beginning.

Start every other night, then work up to every night, and then work up to 2x a day. Trust me...better safe than sorry!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:05 am      Reply with quote
ricebunny wrote:
Thanks, amonavis.

I noticed that you said you've been using NIA twice a day for the past few weeks...just a quick question...did you start off with once a day, and then build up to twice a day, or your skin was fine with twice a day application from the get-go?

For me I started once per day for the first week and then I went to 2 times a day. I found NIA instantly calming and soothing but not everyone has the same experience.
ricebunny
5% products discount

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Okay, so I'll definitely take it slow. I'm currently using Olay's regenerist cream daily for topical niacinamide...I know there's significantly less niacinamide in this product compared with NIA products. Do you think I should wait until I'm all finished with the Olay and then introduce NIA24 every other day, or alternate with Olay and NIA24?

bethany, what reaction did you have to the scrub? Was it an unanticipated breakout, or redness/irritation?

Thanks so much for being so helpful. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't experience any problems at all with Nia24, but I did work up to it - once every other day at first for a few days, then once a day, etc.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
ricebunny wrote:
bethany, what reaction did you have to the scrub? Was it an unanticipated breakout, or redness/irritation?

The only product I had a reaction to was the Nia24 Scrub....my face was fine, but it caused VERY itchy bumps to appear on my face and upper arms. It was pretty unbearable!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:24 am      Reply with quote
I have just recieved the sample pack, eye cream and face cream in the jar (sorry forgot name) so I will start slowing using this every other day for the 1st few weeks. But I am trying to finish off a my other product first.
Will update once I have used for a few weeks.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:02 am      Reply with quote
OK So I received my products a while ago however was using some other things up before starting with the Nia24. I have so far used the SSC for the last 2 mornings, the scrub the first night and cleanser this morning as well as the dec and hand cream. Obviously no visually improvements yet but my skin seems to be handling this well. I actually dont really like the scrub, however really like the feel of the other 3 products. So much so that I am going to order the full size of the SSC, and another dec and hand cream, I already the the cream in the jar and the eye cream but am trying to start off slow. I am yet to try the sunscreen but dont think I will go there as I already have heaps of the other products.
Will keep updated in a month or so but just giving my initially first impressions. Very Happy
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Be careful! I found by accident that NIA products can react badly with some other products. I had been applying NIA skin strengthening complex on off nights, alternating with Retin-A and plain emu oil. In the mornings, I use PSF's Vitamin C serum. I got a nice sample of NIA sunscreen, so I decided to use it mornings instead of nights. One day I applied it about 20 minutes after applying my beloved vitamin C serum. Hello red, angry, swollen, rashy face. I waited a week, then tried the NIA sunscreen again, this time without applying any C serum or anything else beforehand and it was fine. It seems to be a PH issue. I guess the C serum is acidic, and the NIA is the opposite.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
Be careful! I found by accident that NIA products can react badly with some other products. I had been applying NIA skin strengthening complex on off nights, alternating with Retin-A and plain emu oil. In the mornings, I use PSF's Vitamin C serum. I got a nice sample of NIA sunscreen, so I decided to use it mornings instead of nights. One day I applied it about 20 minutes after applying my beloved vitamin C serum. Hello red, angry, swollen, rashy face. I waited a week, then tried the NIA sunscreen again, this time without applying any C serum or anything else beforehand and it was fine. It seems to be a PH issue. I guess the C serum is acidic, and the NIA is the opposite.

I added in PSF vit C serum a few weeks ago with no issues at all. I use the RSF retinol .1% at night, and in the mornings I use the vit C, wait 15 mins then apply the sunscreen.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:

Thanks for the caution. I havent used the SSC with vitamin c yet,as I have wanted to see how I can handle the products alone, however I do apply another spf a few minutes after SSC. I did actually notice yesterday that I have a large redish patch that feels alittle roughish on the top if one of my breast. I normally carry most products down that far. So I dont think I will continue with that application there. Also I am notice that there are a few bumps that have appeared as of yesterday afternoon on my forehead, however that could be because of the heat we are getting here at the moment and I am sweating alot. Overall so far so good but I am only going to use the cleanser today and no other product until tomorrow and see how that goes.
Thanks ladies and will love to hear updates on everyones experiences Smile
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice. I've used the sample packs and have just bought the normal size scrub and skin strengthening cream so I'll go slowly with them and not used them with others. Smile
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I'm almost finished with my first tube of NIA24 SSC and I have had no reactions to it good or bad. I use it with AHA/BHAs, vit C and Taz and it's fine for me, but I haven't noticed any improvements either. That said, I don't really notice any improvements with vit C or Taz alone either, and I've been using them for almost 3 years (on blind faith! Laughing ) I think it's a decent moisturizer, but I prefer something richer for the winter. Sometimes I press a couple drops of emu oil on top. All in all, I think it's an OK product, may repurchase for use in the summer.

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am just about finished with my sample pack with the exception of the spf. I really like both the cleanser and the SSC but I wont be repurchasing the exfoliant just didnt like it.
Fat swan I am hoping I do notice a little positive improvement. Perhaps you have such beautiful skin that your combo just maintains this. Im hoping you say yes. Laughing
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
I am just about finished with my sample pack with the exception of the spf. I really like both the cleanser and the SSC but I wont be repurchasing the exfoliant just didnt like it.
Fat swan I am hoping I do notice a little positive improvement. Perhaps you have such beautiful skin that your combo just maintains this. Im hoping you say yes. Laughing

Oh I only wish that were true!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes My imperfections are all still here... Unfortunately Rolling Eyes

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
pal wrote:

Oh I only wish that were true!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes My imperfections are all still here... Unfortunately Rolling Eyes

We are all more critical of ourselves. Smile

Well at the very least I surpose these are all great preventatives.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:17 am      Reply with quote
pal wrote:

Yep. That's why I call it "blind faith" Laughing . Don't know if any of them work, but I still spend the money and time on ALL of it! Wink

pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
pal wrote:

Yep. That's why I call it "blind faith" Laughing . Don't know if any of them work, but I still spend the money and time on ALL of it! Wink

Laughing Laughing Yep Im exactly the same!!
acquas
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
This product looks good,it's sold only through Dr's offices,It must be very secure. Laughing thanks for sharing.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
acquas wrote:
This product looks good,it's sold only through Dr's offices,It must be very secure. Laughing thanks for sharing.

EDS sell this also acquas, just to let you know Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
acquas wrote:

NIA24 line is sold many places - on-line stores. As you know, just because it's in a doctor's office doesn't mean all products are right for you and there could still be a reaction that is unfavorable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I've been using nia24 100% mineral sunscreen for a few days now. I had been going to get a different mineral sunscreen to try but I was a very lucky girl and won the eds forum $50 so decided to get nia24. So far I'm very happy with it. I like the feeling of it in the skin. It does leave a slight white cast but not as bad as some ss. I know some people have had problems with the nia and silicones but luckily it hasn't caused any sensitivity and as of yet no blocked pores on me. Would purchase again.
NataliaT
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I read through some comments and reviews, and it seems like NIA products do not go well with vitamin C serums, is that right?

Has anyone had a negative experience with NIA24 Rapid exfoliating serum? Would it be an overkill together with Obagi products (especially the C-system line)?
Thanks!!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
NataliaT,

This product looks interesting, if you try it please keep us posted. Regarding exfoliation, though, I really love the physical cleansing scrub from NIA24. It's a product I'll never be without. About once a week, I use it in the shower, and it keeps my skin soft, supple, clear, and bright. The granules aren't too sharp, so I'm actually completely baffled as to how it actually works, but it's really a stand out product. Check the reviews on this site and I think you will see that most users have repurchased it (like me!).

--avalange

NataliaT wrote:
I read through some comments and reviews, and it seems like NIA products do not go well with vitamin C serums, is that right?

Has anyone had a negative experience with NIA24 Rapid exfoliating serum? Would it be an overkill together with Obagi products (especially the C-system line)?
Thanks!!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Nia 24 will be onwww.hautelook.com tomorrow, Wednesday 6-27 for those interested.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Nia 24 will be onwww.hautelook.com tomorrow, Wednesday 6-27 for those interested.

this may have been asked and answered, I did try to find this, but here goes, nia is a B vitamin, correct?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |