Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

For those of you who use acidophilus daily...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
What do you do when you go on vacation? It has to be refrigerated and I'm not sure if I can take it with me or not. I've started taking two caplets daily.

What do you do when you need to go on a trip? I wouldn't worry if I were going straight to my inlaws, but we are stopping off for two days in our old college town, so we'll be in a hotel (probably a cheap one, doubt they'll have an in-room fridge).

Ideas? TIA!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
How about one of those little insulated lunchboxes or mini coolers with some ice packs? It doesn't have to be as cold as your standard fridge if they will only be in the cooler/lunchbox for a few hours. Also, you can check to see if the bacteria has died by leaving 2 cups of milk out for a day or so, one with the probiotics, one with nothing. The cup of milk with probiotics mixed in obviously should be noticably less horrifying Wink
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I don't take mine with me. I just try to eat a cup of "active" yogurt everyday instead.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Digestive enzymes dont have to be refrigerated, I think?

They make a good substitute.

I used to get pro and prebiotics in a powder solution from Lamberts, which also didnt need to be refrigerated.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Paris, you can get one of those small refrigerators that plug into the cigarette outlet in your car. Google "portable refrigerator for car" and you should find a bunch of sites that sell them. You can get really tiny ones that hold a 6-pack of soda or one that is large enough to hold a 6-pack and sandwiches, etc.

Or you could get a small ice-cooler and put frozen ice packs in it. I'm sure even if you go to a cheap motel and ask the desk clerk, they will refreeze the packs for you.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
The thing is I'm flying into Detroit...so whatever I take has to go on a plane with me.

Le sigh.

What type of yogurt is considered "active"? I checked on that Bio-K stuff (thought I could buy it while I'm there) but at almost 5 dollars a pop...no way...too much $$$

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I use this enteric one when travelling and even when not, it doesn't need refrigeration and I like the delivery system

It seems to be as if not more effective judging from my mom's improvement anyway.
http://www.gnc.com/sm-natural-brand-acidophilus-2-billion-cfu--pi-2133238.html
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Dahli! thank you for this! I have a GNC actually right near campus. This could actually solve my dilemma. Though I'm not sure why it would need to be chilled (any ideas?) I could at least pop this in my bag, take it for 10 days and just make sure I keep eating yogurt and the like.

Thanks again!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Dahli wrote:
I use this enteric one when travelling and even when not, it doesn't need refrigeration and I like the delivery system

It seems to be as if not more effective judging from my mom's improvement anyway.
http://www.gnc.com/sm-natural-brand-acidophilus-2-
billion-cfu--pi-2133238.html

Thanks for the suggestion. I take acidophilus daily. I am going to California (flight) next month and trying to think of everything I will need.

Now if the skincare system could be solved this easily!
blissgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there!

There are some brands that have shelf stable acidophilus that doesnt need refrigeration. Now Foods has one:

http://www.nowfoods.com/index.php?action=itemdetail&item_id=11151

Enzymatic Therapies has one too:

http://www.enzy.com/products/display.asp?id=944&cpmid=853

Very Happy

Bella

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Hey, this is very useful to know! great topic!
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Paris! you're very welcome... I'm not sure where it says it needs to be chilled, so sorry I'm no help on that question. Confused

The other products posted look good as well, I've been very interested in the pearls but haven't been able to locate them. Hope something here works for you!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I take a daily supplement capsule that doesn't need to be in a fridge. You might try switching temporarily. Good luck!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |