Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
those of you who are using skinmedica vitamin c...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Do you still like it? any irritations? breakouts? Good or bad feedback is welcomed!
Thanks Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
my smc vc complex is on its way.
Cool
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I love it!!!! I heard SOME people breakout from it might be the silicone base....but I love it I have tried many vit C,most of them were too yellowy and sticky/shiny. This one goes on smooth and gives you a matte finish and skin glows sometimes I dont even put on makeup, just this.I also love their TNS recovery,it has helped my undereye wrinkles.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the SkinMedica C for 5 weeks and really like it. Prior to using the SkinMedica I had used ISC Proheal, ISC 15% C and Cellex-C Advanced C (sample). I switched to the SkinMedica because the others were overdrying my skin which I believe was contributing to acne and clogged pores. I am hoping that the lower percentage of ascorbic acid combined with a non-drying base will not cause acne.

I was concerned because this is in a silicone base and I prefer not to use silicones but after using this I have changed my mind about silicones. I think that all silicones are not created equal though. I have used the Dermalogica Barrier Repair and the Wexler MD Regenerating Serum that are also in silicone bases and do not like them but the SkinMedica just feels different that those. I have mentioned this in other posts but I actually prefer the feel of the SkinMedica to other C serums which leave a sticky feeling.

My skin is very sensitive and this C serum has never caused irritation. On occasion it stings a little right after application but this is normal for C serums so I don't worry about it. My whiteheads/milia have slowly been improving since I switched to the SkinMedica and since I stopped using AHAs on a regular basis. I was having real problems with whiteheads and while it is too soon to tell if the problem will be resolved by swithching C serums, it is at least improving. My acne is still pretty bad but it was at least as bad when I started using the SkinMedica. For me acne can take several months to really improve when I start doing something right so it is really too soon to tell if the SkinMedica is causing acne like the other C serums did.

I really like the fact that this is a very stable formula. After 5 weeks of use it is still as "snow white" as when I started using it.

I just bought another one of these since I would hate to run out. Unless my acne does not improve I will continue to purchase this.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I also vote for the Skinmed VitC. I've tried several VitC products before (ISC, Skinceuticals, JB, etc.) and was unhappy with them : i have dry skin and they made it worse, caused break outs and really hated the sticky feeling.
I was thinking about to stop using a vitC product entirely when i found Skinmed. as the last chance and in the meantime i'm using my 3rd tube...
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using SM Vit C too and like it. I haven't used many others though. I tried Skinceuticals CEF and had a reaction from that but no problem with Skin Medica.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
YES!!! I too had tried ISC, JB, skinceuticals...etc and I hated the sticky feeling, I just love the feel and look of my skin when I put this on.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, by the way I buy it for about half off on ebay, sometimes you can get little sample packs too that are pretty cheap.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I never thought I would like this because of my oilyish skin, but it works very well & I LOVE that I don't have to worry about oxidation-it's also travel friendly. I also use the retinol..this is a very well formulated line.
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Just to put my 2 cents in, I also really love this serum. It seems to even out my skin tone and since it is applied in the morning it is a great makeup base. I have just ordered the retinol and it is coming with 5 small tubes of the vit c complex, I really hope that it is still good, not expired...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |