Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Any Derma Wand users out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
radiantface
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
How do you clean the Derma Wand bulb?
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Radiant face Very Happy - I just wipe mine with a soft clean cloth - like the kind one mind use to clean eye glasses. I've had mine for 7 years and I've never had a problem with it!
Pudoodles
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I clean mine with a cotton pad and some alcohol. Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:50 am      Reply with quote
I just got an English version of this a couple of weeks ago.

I'm really thrilled with it. It really evens out my complexion and seems to cut oiliness.

For those of you who've been using it for a long time, I'd love to know how often you use it and what benefits you feel you are getting.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I just got an English version of this a couple of weeks ago.

I'm really thrilled with it. It really evens out my complexion and seems to cut oiliness.

For those of you who've been using it for a long time, I'd love to know how often you use it and what benefits you feel you are getting.

Hi there Very Happy - I used to use it every day but now (having had it for so many years) I usually get to it every second or third day...It is great if my eyes need a serious de-puffing, for breakouts (it does help!!) and to help other products penetrate......and you can be guaranteed a nice healthy glow after using it!! I don't think it is the answer to all of our problems but I do think it is a great tool...I definitely look better after a treatment and notice that fine lining is softened (plumped up!)..On the TV selling ads for it they claim that it will give the eye a lift if you use it just under the brow - and it does work (treat one eye lid just under the brow and then look in the mirror - the one lid will look lifted!)..I think that everyone should have one of these little tools on-hand....be careful though, I overused it when I first got it and ended up with some redness...it didn't last though - but just a "heads up" not to go crazy with it! Enjoy!!
Pudoodles Very Happy
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi to you Pudoodles!

I havent used it under brow yet, I didnt know I could - and I could sure do with a lift there.

Healthy glow is right, I like that look a LOT.

I have the clarisonic, and I am hoping to get the light stim for christmas... and I'm thinking once the new year is here, I might save for the nuface.

Soo many toys!
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Does yours need a few minutes to 'warm up'? Sometimes I have to wait to use it after plugging in because there's no on/off switch...before it starts with the orange pulsing light. Wondering if it's just 'me'
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use my dermawand everyday too but I got lazy, lol. Now I try to use it once a week, though it doesn't always happen. When I do have a breakout though, I use that 2x a day, and it does help to heal them faster! I really should go back to using it because I love the "glow" it gives my face afterwards.

Dahli - no...mine starts as soon as I plug it in.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is rechargeable - a charge lasts for 30 mins. It starts as soon as I switch it on and it runs to a timer.

At the moment I have it on 3 minutes, and I do it straight after washing my face.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the dermawand for about 8 or 9 years. I usually use it at night after applying my creams, ect.
I find my skin looks more even toned and firmer when using it.
I just cleanse mine with a damp cloth as well, hths. Very Happy
radiantface
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Now that I have started using Derma Wand, I wonder whether I still need to use an exfoliation cream. I use Decleor Natural Micro-Smoothing Cream twice a week before I apply the Decleor Instant Purifying Mask. I read from Derma Wand's instruction manual that it promotes gentle exfoliation. Will I be over-exfoliating my skin if I use the cream and the Derma Wand?

Also, I am planning to use Decleor Vitaroma Wrinkle Prevention and Radiance Face Emulsion. I am wondering whether that is good to be used with Derma Wand.

Please provide me your insights. Thanks.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I recently bought a dermawand and have only used it once, but I am worried- I hear that it stimulates hair growth.
I don't want to end up with a mustache or a beard! Has anyone who has used the dermawand for a long time noticed an increase in facial hair??
sueqlew
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have not noticed any hair growth problems. I have had mine for a few years, but started using it regularly 6 months ago and it has really made a big difference.It seems to calm down my hormonal acne ( I get much less and they clear up much faster ).
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested in this product after I found a European distributor.

For those that have used this are you using it on your face or other areas? Also, what changes have you seen, i.e. less redness or hyperpigmentation or is it more for firming the skin?
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
l used it to treats pimple and work well Very Happy

But l don't think it can treats hyperpigmentation Question
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Definitely less redness Anna - it gives a more even complexion, and a healthy look, and I think it plumps up skin and minimises pores.

I dont think it does more than that, apart from really help diminish spots.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
How long do you guys use the dermawand for at one time? I have had it for about 5 days now- using it everyday for about 2 mins- haven't really seen a difference in my complexion. Also what setting are you guys using? I felt nothing until I set it to the max setting and then I feel a slight tingling- although I do have a high pain threshold.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly I've not seen any difference and I used mine for almost two months on one side only to try to recreate the ad...

I like it when a breakout of any kind feels like it's starting.. zaps it and I seem to be able to avoid having any nasty things pop up.

Otherwise I think it hasn't made any changes in my skin.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I agree,
the only thing I have really seen the dermawand work on me for is blemishes- helps them heal fast
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
High frequency machines (Dermawand is a home version of the one used by aesthetician) areused for many things - stimulate hair growth is one of them.

Having facial hair or broken cappillaries is a contra-indication for high frequency machines.

In Europe They are routine used after the facial, but a good practicioner would be vary of these issues.

HTH,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
i bought the Derma Wand 3 weeks ago and am very impressed with it, it really helps to clear sway those horrible blemishes. I owned a soft touch Nulase device also, and i have stopped using it ever since i have the derma wand.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Well, I will keep an eye out and see if I start sprouting any hairs on my chinny chin chin! Thanks Lucy!

Another question- My mom lost alot of her hair post menopause do any of you think that the dermawand will help stimulate new hair growth on her scalp? She is actually quite bald now on the top half of her head and she has tried numerous supplements and herbal products and nothing has helped. The only thing left to try is hormone replacement therapy, but becuase of the higher incidence of cancer in women on hormone replacement therapy i advised her against it.

Do any of you know if the dermawand has worked to stimulate hair growth on the scalp???

Thanks!
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
i know nulase can be used on the scalp to stimulate hair growth. not sure about derma wand thou.
Laura Davis

Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Nulase stimulates hair grow but its main purpose is skin tone. There are lots of laser combs out there that really do their job on hair growth!
radiantface
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
So, after 12 weeks of using on Derma Wand. Here's my review of the product as promised.

During the first three weeks of usage, I noticed increase peeling on my face and I had to apply more moisturiser. On two separate occassions, I used Decleor Micro-Smoothing Cream before applying my Decleor Instant Purifying Mask. After that, my face ended up feeling really hot. I probably over-exfoliated with the Derma Wand and with the mask.

From week 4 to 8, I reduced my Derma Wand usage to three times a week and I noticed that I had more breakouts. Since then, I went back to using my Derma Wand daily. On mask applying days, I skip using Derma Wand so that I don't over-exfoliate my skin.

After 12-weeks, I have to say Derma Wand definitely improved the texture of my skin. It is smoother and it is excellent for drying out pimples! The moment I see a blemish emerging, I zap it with my Derma Wand to prevent it from getting worse and I notice an overnight improvement. I also notice that Derma Wand makes my eyes look more 'alive'.

It was a worthwhile investment for me!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |