Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any Derma Wand users out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Until you get used to it, just turn the dial half way up. And always keep it around 3 or 4 at the eye area, especially till you get used to it..

You'll love it, once you get used to it.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
dkaiser61

Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Kassy!
I am located in Australia, so it is 11a.m. at the moment. As soon as I finish in the office I will rush home and try to do exactly what you suggested.

After founding this site about a month ago and reading about all the gadgets available for skin care I cancelled all my routine beauty appointments at the salons/dermatologists and purchased all at ones:
BQ,
Nuface,
Facemate,
DW,
Soft laser (Beurer),
Facial Sonic Massager with Light,
UP5, I suppose it is a little overwhelming to figure out what to do now with all these goodies. I really appreciate the fact that there is some one out there to lend me a hand and support.
Ones more thank you.
Diana Bad Grin
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've had my dermawand for 8 years now and it just keeps on ticking...I love this thing..it is terrific for annihilating the odd pimple and helps to impart a really nice glow to the skin..I'll often use it prior to night treatment...I agree with others: go really easy at first with it - I overdid it when I first got it and ended up with some redness..almost light a light sunburned feeling...It did dissipate after a day or so but it was irritating while it lasted....This is one purchase that I never regretted making!
Puds
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Your very welcome Diana!

Enjoy all of your new goodies. You'll find lots of info throughout the forum on it all, and lots of friendly people, who are only too happy to help you figure it all out..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I bought this a few months ago and confess I've not been persistent. But now I want to step up my efforts in targeting my two most troublesome areas: puffy undereye area, and the beginning of fine lines along the nasolabial folds.

Have any of you derma wand users had good results in these specific areas?

TIA.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to bump this, to see how the DW is working out for all of you..

graceless_lady; do you the think the DW had anything to do with the decreased under eye bags you mentioned in the other thread?

BTW, I love the exercises you posted there!

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Help - Do I need one of these???? Please say no!
I have a dpl and want a handheld led. Also use clarisonic and a NuFace.

What will this do that they don't? Kassy?????
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Sis, your killing me... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

YES, YES, YES.... I love it almost as much as my LS.. In fact I've narrowed it down to those two things, and barely have time to use them lately.. In fact I haven't used my DW in 6 days and my eyes are still nice and lifted.. it!

NuFace just never worked out for me, and then it broke so that was that.. I don't have a Clarisonic, because I would never spend $200. on something to wash my face, it just goes against the grain for me... I use a baby hairbrush which is just the right size and texture, and gives me scrupulously clean glowy girly girl skin..

Now behave yourself and have some self control woman! Ahhh what the heck, the DW is cheap enough, go for it!

As for the handheld LED I've only ever used LS, and you already know what that has done for me and how much I love it.. My advice there would be to wait a while, so you can hear the results of the members who bought the Pro Light, and then decide... They both have red, infrared and amber lights, and are comparably priced. Keep track of the new LED thread, because a ton of info will be there to wade through I'm sure..

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I ran off at the mouth and never answered your question... Embarassed

Derma Wand lifts, tones, oxygenates the skin, and zaps the ocassional zit in record time.. It really and truly gives the eye lift that the infomercial shows.. It also becomes more permanent with dedicated daily use.. I've been slipping with it the last couple of weeks, but my eyes are still up there..

dkaiser61

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy
I am ashamed to admit that I am still battling with my DW! I was absolutely convinced that I had a faulty one as it kept zapping me violently so I ordered another one from different supplier (as "asseenontv" never replied to my email). OK, I admit my new one is an exact clone of the first one - they both declare a war on me - spit fire, zap and look scary. Rolling Eyes
Nevertheless I decided to be brave and used it any way - but it is quite painful especially on the cheekbones (I even can feel my nerves are twitching around my teeth! Shock )
Please tell me it will get better with time!!!! Sad

On another note, I really got into DYI portions and lotions-I think I ordered all the raw ingredients and oils that possible to find on the net! Laughing

One think, I accidentally ordered 3kg of cocoa butter instead of 300 gr. and don't know what to do with it now, except for frying potatoes with it! Bad Grin So if any of you lovely ladies know any good recipes to used it in I will be happy to try and may be if I am successful to send you some samples too.

Thanks and talk to you soon.
Diana
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Diana, perhaps your skin is just too sensitive for the DW.

I just want to mention that if you keep it constantly pressed on your skin and moving it, you shouldn't really feel much zapping. I only feel it zap, if I move it on and off the skin.

Hope that makes some sense!

As for all that cocoa butter... Shock Rolling Eyes Shock

dkaiser61

Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy, I will try to do that
Diana
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Just wanted to bump this, to see how the DW is working out for all of you..

graceless_lady; do you the think the DW had anything to do with the decreased under eye bags you mentioned in the other thread?

BTW, I love the exercises you posted there!

Hi Kassy - only just saw this.

While I'm not sure that the DW has helped under the eyes (because I've been doing so many other things), but what I ampretty sure about is that the DW is helping above the upper lid-area up to the eyebrows. The area is definitely lifting.

Results have been good; if only I had time to be a bit more vigilant! So here's my question for DW users (and apologies if it's been asked and answered before in this thread): how much time per day, how many days per week, do you use the DW?

Kassy, glad you're liking the eye exercises. I know a lot of people are put off facial exercises because they can be time consuming, but if you target just one or two specific areas, it's only a few minutes at a time. I'm trying to do them three times per day and encouraging results are continuing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 10:34 am      Reply with quote
graceless; I've been a naughty girl, and have been lucky if I get to the DW 2 times a week lately...But the good news is, the eyes are still staying up there.. Very Happy

I am one of those people that just can't abide exercise in any form.. Embarassed But the exercise you shared, that works on the under eye I love. I try to do it for a bit every day. But alas, I don't think anything short of the plastic surgeon, can get rid of the fat pockets...

I'm just really a chicken though, because I have a terrible track record, of never having things turn out right the first time, in 'anything' I do..

One of these days, I might go for a consult though, just to see what they would advise for the dreaded bags.

Babybear325

Wed May 07, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Many thanks to Kassie! Very Happy She's been helping me answer my questions regarding DermaWand and I ordered mine last week and tried it for the first time last nite. Now mind you,,,my husband has no idea what this thing does. It took me 2 months of hiding my NuFace before I let that tool surface in front of him...I had a fun time explaining the function of that one! But aahhhh now another toy??? Luckily,,,American Idol was on and I was able to stay in our bathroom use my DermaWand and watch in between areas. I have to say...when I turned it on and put it on one just to see what it would do,,,,and I felt and heard that zap...I was ready for an explosion....lol Laughing . I was seriously afraid to put it back on my skin! But I did and it was perfectly fine. I felt nothing,,like the noise was bigger than anything. I worked it up to level 2 but didn't go beyond that. The one thing I noticed was the smell. Is it just me???? I smelled almost liked something burning??? Yikes is it taking off my skin Confused Confused haha...When I was finished I did like the way my skin looked though AND it felt good. When I woke up this morning I felt like my skin did indeed look better and I used it a little bit again after I put my moisturizer on before my makeup to go to work...I guess this was OK???? I'm excited about using this again tonite. However, I haven't watched the video because my laptop is sick,,,,the Vista thing has screwed it up and my husband has to fix it,,so I can't use anything else but the internet. I'm going to try to view the CD today and see exactly how the Eye Lift is done and hopefully work that tonite. Bottom line...I like this alot after my first try...!!! Yeah!!! Cool
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi again Baby!

Just want to reiterate what I told you before..

1. Make contact with your skin, then turn the dial up. (The zapping is felt when the DW goes on and off and on and off your skin). Just keep it moving on your skin and you won't feel zapping.

2. Have something on your face so you don't tug the skin; distilled water, moisturizer or whatever high quality cream you like. For the past week I've been using it with "cold pressed avocado oil" that I picked up at Whole Foods, and it's glorious...A tiny bit goes a long way, and it's wonderful for your skin!

3. What you are smelling is 'ozone', and it's a good thing, so don't worry. It's oxygenating your skin, and that's what gives you the nice glow.

4. Never use it within an hour of applying vitamin C serum.. It will cause it to oxidize!!

Feel free to ask anything you like...I love sharing about this stuff... Very Happy

Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

I didn't realize that I should wait an hour after using Vit. C before using the DW. I usually don't, but it's good to know. It certainly makes sense.

I've been using the DW for about 3 months now. I turn the dial to about 3 when close to my eyes, and full tilt for the rest of my face. I use it every day.

I'm really liking it! The most noticable improvements are the lifting of my eyelids and my complection just looks "better".

Thanks for the "push" to purchase this nifty little device. I find that being in my 50s, creams, potions and serums just aren't enough. Now, if I can just convince my hubby that I really, really need a LightStim Laughing
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Deb, I'm glad you love it and are seeing good results.. I have tried lots of things in my 56 years, and seldom found anything to "rave" about. In fact DW + LS have been the only two, but they were worth the wait.. Laughing

I am also using the DW full throttle even around the eyes lately.. But I haven't had the time to do it more than a couple of times a week if that... Sad Hopefully things will calm down at home, and I'll have more free time for it.

I have no study to offer regarding the vitamin C used within an hour of DW, but my common sense tells me, that since the DW oxygenates the skin, it would likely oxidize the C if it hasn't fully absorbed prior. I haven't researched it at all though.

You and everybody else here knows exactly how I feel about LS, and what I can add to that is, if you get it, you won't be dissapointed... Laughing

CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
This is going to sound crazy, but I just realized that I own a DermaWand! I purchased it over 10 years ago, back when I was addicted to The Shopping Channel (Embarassed) then I moved, packed it away and totally forgot about it.

I discovered it a while back and couldn't remember what it was or what it was used for - apparantly I threw away the instructions. Thank you for helping to jog my memory.

I have a question......do you think this would work as well as a Zeno? I've really been considering buying one of those to treat my occasional breakouts.
havana8

Fri May 09, 2008 11:38 am      Reply with quote
CMAYC wrote:
This is going to sound crazy, but I just realized that I own a DermaWand! I purchased it over 10 years ago, back when I was addicted to The Shopping Channel (Embarassed) then I moved, packed it away and totally forgot about it.

I discovered it a while back and couldn't remember what it was or what it was used for - apparantly I threw away the instructions. Thank you for helping to jog my memory.

I have a question......do you think this would work as well as a Zeno? I've really been considering buying one of those to treat my occasional breakouts.

Same thing happened to me! Laughing I just noticed that Interwood has posted all the Derma Wand instructions online including Derma Wand for Blemishes and Derma Wand Exercises for Puffy Eyes, Eyebrows and Forehead, The Chin and Jowls, Eyelids, Enlarged Pores. Here is the download link for the instruction manual...

Instruction Manual
http://www.interwood.com/a/p/derma/DermaWandManual.pdf

http://www.interwood.com/a/p/derma/instructions.shtml
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
OMG havana8...thank you so much! Just the info I was looking for! I can't wait to try it again. When I bought it, I was in my early twenties (what skin issues could I have possibly have had?!) so I think I can definately benefit from using it, now that I am in my thirties.

I wonder how my old fossilized model compares to the new version they have now. I wiped the dust off of mine....it's black not white but it still has power levels that range from 0-9.

I think I'll put off my Zeno purchase and see how this measures up first. Smile
dkaiser61

Thu May 15, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
Does any one know if there any difference between Facial Sonic Massager with Light and BQ - I have both and not sure whether they do the same job.
Thanks Wink
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Can I use Emu oil with the DW?
How long does a session take?
I am trying to decide between the DW and LS. I am leaning towards the DW because My puffy under eyes are driving me crazy. Hoping the DW will help.

Lou
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
I am trying to decide between the DW and LS. I am leaning towards the DW because My puffy under eyes are driving me crazy. Hoping the DW will help. Lou

I use the DW with emu oil - no problems with that I usually use it for around 5 mins.

The DW and LS are really two totally different appliances. The DW is great for dealing with blemishes and puffiness. The LS is also good for puffiness and for stimulating collagen. I like both the gadgets very much - if you are looking to purchase just one and puffiness is your main issue, I would go for the DW. It's inexpensive and I really like what it does for my skin.
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
I am trying to decide between the DW and LS. I am leaning towards the DW because My puffy under eyes are driving me crazy. Hoping the DW will help.

Lou

The Derma Wand is excellent for puffy eyes, and it's a great tool to give the skin the oxygenation it needs naturally. Ten minutes every couple of days will give awesome results.

The Lightstim on the other hand, will deal with saggy skin, hyperpigmentation, shallow wrinkles and pain and inflammation anywhere on your body. It will also give you the smoothest, softest skin you have ever known. In my experience, anyway.

Krista
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |