Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Any Derma Wand users out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, Do you have any worries that the DW used near the eyebrow will make your eyebrows fall out?
Thank you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Guys, Do you have any worries that the DW used near the eyebrow will make your eyebrows fall out?
Thank you!

No, the dermawand is not like electrolysis.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I really like my DW. I just wanted to be sure about my eyebrows. Thank you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Finally broke down and ordered the DW tonight.. Now..waiting by the door patiently for the post man to come.... Very Happy
Lou
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I use the DW with emu oil - no problems with that I usually use it for around 5 mins.

The DW and LS are really two totally different appliances. The DW is great for dealing with blemishes and puffiness. The LS is also good for puffiness and for stimulating collagen. I like both the gadgets very much - if you are looking to purchase just one and puffiness is your main issue, I would go for the DW. It's inexpensive and I really like what it does for my skin.

Thanks,
I can't wait to receive my DW. I could not decide which tool to purchase first. I have been spending way too much money lately Embarassed and time is also I factor..so I need to start with just one..yes under eye puffiness is driving me crazy and I am hoping the DW can help.
Lucie
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Kris_*Kringle* wrote:
Loumomofthree wrote:
Can I use Emu oil with the DW?
How long does a session take?
I am trying to decide between the DW and LS. I am leaning towards the DW because My puffy under eyes are driving me crazy. Hoping the DW will help.

Lou

The Derma Wand is excellent for puffy eyes, and it's a great tool to give the skin the oxygenation it needs naturally. Ten minutes every couple of days will give awesome results.

The Lightstim on the other hand, will deal with saggy skin, hyperpigmentation, shallow wrinkles and pain and inflammation anywhere on your body. It will also give you the smoothest, softest skin you have ever known. In my experience, anyway.

Krista

Thanks Krista...10 minutes every couple of days is perfect for me. I eventually would like to get the LS..but one thing at a time for now.
Lou
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
where oh...where is my dermawand...
Sad it's taking so long to get here..
Just wondering if you all do what the directions or do you do your own little routine with the dermawand?
Any tips to share..
Lou
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
O.k...just need to vent.....IT's still not here... Mad
Lou
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
O.k...just need to vent.....IT's still not here... Mad
Lou

Did you get it yet? I have the instructions but not with me...I just moved and need to search for it.
artgal1958
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I did receive my dermawand and so far I am not that pleased with it. I can deal with the zapping on face and the strange burnt toast smell but it really does not seem to be doing anything. No lifting, lightening of wrinkles or different glow. I will continue using it as I have 30 days to try it out but I am thinking now that I will be returning it. Sad
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used mine for awhile...too busy Shock
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I have a BQ and an ultrasound gadget, I am thinking about getting the DW. Do you think it is possible to introduce this into my regime with the BQ and Ultrasound gadget I am already using?

thanks!
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I can't say I notice any dramatic difference with undereye bags or lifting either, I've had mine a few months now.

I'm keeping it to zap the odd few zits I get now and again, now *that* definitely works! At first the strange ozone-y smell made me feel physically sick, but I got used to it Smile

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
the dermawand is utter rubbish for wrinkles/anti-aging in my opinion. I bought one a few months ago at the epitome of a bad breakout. I used it on the first cyst I ever got and it was gone by the next day. On the other hand, it irritated the rest of my acne and made it worse. It only works well as a spot treatment for *cysts*. I found that when I used it all over my face, it did do a good job of making me look well rested, but it irritated my acne far to much to reap any benefits.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:
the dermawand is utter rubbish for wrinkles/anti-aging in my opinion. I bought one a few months ago at the epitome of a bad breakout. I used it on the first cyst I ever got and it was gone by the next day. On the other hand, it irritated the rest of my acne and made it worse. It only works well as a spot treatment for *cysts*. I found that when I used it all over my face, it did do a good job of making me look well rested, but it irritated my acne far to much to reap any benefits.

I agree with you coconut. But I think having it irritate the other acne might be the wrong word. I found that it helped with the turnover rate.
artgal1958
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I also purchased the derma wand and I made sure to return it within my 30 day return guarantee. I think it did absolutely nothing for wrinkles and firming. It may have helped heal the occasional pimple but certainly not worth the time and effort, in my opinion.
havana8

Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've know people who have used the DW with success for getting rid of that "chicken skin" kind of texture/look that can happen around the eye (i.e. just under the eye brow bone, the under eye area).
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
I've know people who have used the DW with success for getting rid of that "chicken skin" kind of texture/look that can happen around the eye (i.e. just under the eye brow bone, the under eye area).

Hmmm, I'll have to try that.
Though, I did find that it temporarily made my skin smooth (I didn't pay much attention to the eye area though), but it was all temporary after the skin peeled.
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
hey out there... anyone still using/liking these?

ozone is an strong oxidizing agent, and decays into OH radicals in the presence of water... wouldn't that be bad for skin?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
dagnolia wrote:
hey out there... anyone still using/liking these?

ozone is an strong oxidizing agent, and decays into OH radicals in the presence of water... wouldn't that be bad for skin?

I've been using the DermaWand for around 18 months and I really like it. It's wonderful for zapping pimples, insect bites and cold sores. As for getting rid of wrinkles - well, I'm not sure, because I do so much to my skin it's hard to know what's doing what! However, I've not seen any detrimental effect from using it. I would also point out that this technology has been around for a long time and is used regularly in spas. Here is an article you might find interesting:

http://ezinearticles.com/?High-Frequency-Facial-Machines-For-Acne-and-Anti-Aging%26id=1216926
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Here is an article you might find interesting:

http://ezinearticles.com/?High-Frequency-Facial-Machines-For-Acne-and-Anti-Aging%26id=1216926

thanks for the info, though i'll take it with a grain of salt as it was written by a company trying to sell that type of product...

what i do know is that for ozone to have an oxygenating effect (release O2) it must first oxidize something. good news if it's oxidizing bacteria, dead skin, or other stuff you don't want around... not such good news if it's oxidizing stuff you do want to keep around (e.g. living tissue). there must be some buffer mechanism that prevents this from happening...

maybe i just need a few more semesters of organic chemistry Rolling Eyes
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I've been searching for the posting, but someone mentioned a little while ago that because the Dermawand uses oxygen it can generate free radicals (which are supposed to be a no no). Does anyone know if this is true or not. Company hasn't answered email I have sent them.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I am not much for gadgets, just me! I did however purchase this and didn't see any results, my main reason was for the brow lift, it just didn't do it for me. Confused

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I've been searching for the posting, but someone mentioned a little while ago that because the Dermawand uses oxygen it can generate free radicals (which are supposed to be a no no). Does anyone know if this is true or not. Company hasn't answered email I have sent them.

I think I can remember that post, don't know where you'll find it though.

These type of oxygen devices have been used in salons for years. I really wouldn't worry about one negative comment. The Dermawand is very effective for dealing with pimples - not sure about any permanent lifting. I'm still using mine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Agless Beauty has a review? Here is the link:

http://www.ageless-beauty.com/derma-wand.html

DM

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |