Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any Derma Wand users out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53,

I believe that extra time is need for pH adjustment.

There is an entire thread that Kelliu pointed to, where quite knowledgeable people (Tangal and others ) had explained it all in details. If you disagree you can easily debate it there.

I also find it in rather poor taste that you only decided to chime in once you had seen Kassy's post and had seen an opportunity to criticise. It seems to be a pattern with you and is rather unbecoming.

We are all here to share and learn, not to start a controversy.

This thread is about Dermawand, so, please, let's try to keep it on the subject.

Thank you in advance!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
*mirjana* wrote:

So I wandered if Dermawand can help to speed up a little absorbing of C serum.

Derma Wand emits ozone, which equals oxygen, which degrades vitamin C, so it's not advisable to use it after applying your C serum. (This is my common sense talking, and based on my knowledge of DW and C serums.)

As far as the 'wait' time before applying anything over your C serum, it's because in a perfect C serum (which contains L-AA, water + vit E oil) it needs to be at a pH of 3.5 of lower (preferably under 3) to penetrate both the water + lipid parts of your cells. If you apply anything else before it has penetrated your skin, you will likely disturb the required pH, and prevent total absorption of your C serum..

10 minutes is more than enough wait time, for a typical water/oil serum to penetrate the epidermis and probably the upper dermis.

I see once again you are disagreeing with industry experts, including the developers of the most popular and patented Vitamin C product. I refer to Skinceuticals C E Ferulic of course.

You comment that "10 minutes is more than enough time to wait" confuses me, since you wrote this a mere 5 days ago on the LightStim thread:

"As with most good things in life a little preparation (rather than just digging in) yields the best results (IMHO).. With that in mind, I prepare as follows prior to my massage ritual.

- nice warm bath or shower or if time doesn't permit, than a good warm/hot water cleanse to start things moving and make my skin responsive to treatment... (Increasing the circulation to the skin is probably the best gift you can give it!)

- spritz face with distilled water

- apply my active of choice for the day which I alternate (CP's or Green Tea day 1, 3 or 5... Vitamin C, Hydroxy/Lactic or any other acids the even days.. (For me, one day a week is free from everything!)

-I allow whatever active I've applied absorb for 30 minutes or so, then I apply my oils ...."

I do wait 30 minutes.... But 10 is sufficient for vitamin C.. (30 is just better.)

As for Skinceuticals, they should 1st try to come up with something that doesn't turn yellow soon after opening, and then I might place more merit in what they have to say.. And, if they are trying to sell you the 5 products in your quote, they could hardly advise a wait time for each now could they... Wink

Don't you have better things to do than analyze all of my posts... Laughing Laughing Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
About C serum and the Dermawand and other devices this is interesting as it is fir use with the above mentioned and not only contains Vitamin C but also says not to use oils with the Dermawand! They also don't mention a wait time.

Uplift Serum (Water-Based Peptides & Antioxidants)

Water-based Uplift Serum can be applied under your daily antioxidant or peptide facial moisturizer for extra firming and lifting. And if you happen to own a skin rejuvenating micro-current device such as Nu-Face or Suzanne Somer's FaceMaster or a high frequency unit such as Dermawand, you can enhance the skin firming effects by first applying Uplift Serum on clean skin, and then conductivity gel. This serum is water-based so when used in conjunction with these devices and conductivity gel, you may experience even faster rejuvenating results.

Uplift Serum contains natural ingredients including skin firming DMAE, Matrixyl® peptides to help stimulate collagen and Hyaluronic acid production in skin, Argireline peptides to help reduce and soften expression lines, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid) to help hydrate skin, and effective antioxidants such as green tea and Vitamin C to protect skin from free radicals.

For Daily Use: Apply Uplift Serum daily under your antioxidant moisturizer or peptide product, then sun screen, then make-up.

For Use with Micro-Current Units such as FaceMaster, Nu-Face or High Frequency Unit, Dermawand: Achieve even faster skin firming and lifting results by applying water-based Uplift Serum on clean skin, followed by the conductivity gel prior to using your rejuvenating device. DO NOT apply oil-based serums before using micro-current as they will interfere with the currents of these units.

For all skin types including dry, mature, wrinkled, sagging or sun-damaged skin.
Natural Ingredients
Natural Kiwi Fragrance
No Propyl Parabens, Methyl Parabens, or Propylene Glycol

Ingredients: Deionized Water, DMAE , Hyaluronic acid, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 (Matrixyl® peptide) Imperata Cylindrica Extract, Green Tea Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline), Sodium PCA, Vitamin C, Algae Extract & Mugwort Extract, Mallow Extract, Ivy Extract, Pellitory Extract, Cucumber Extract, Kiwi Fragrance, Niacinimide, Copper PCA, Xanthan Gum

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Darkmoon,

Dermawand is not a micro-current device, it is a high frequency one, and there are major differences between the two. It also does not require conductivity gel.

Sorry, but their statement does not make any sense.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:20 am      Reply with quote
sigma,
Let us just agree to disagree on this one?
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I suggest some reading - perhaps, you may be interested to checkwww.beautifulonraw.com and look for Violet Ray - it may explain what the main differences are.

The main healing modality is ozone (O3), to produce which electricity is indeed used.

For example, in Europe during the facial after the extraction the esthetician would disinfect the face and then on a CLEAR face (no conductivity gel, nothing or some powder for sensitive skins) would use High Frequency - to heal and disinfect (as that is part of what ozone is used for).

On the other hand for galvanic or ultrasound machines or micro-current you do need something for conductivity (water for Tua, gel for US, etc.)

Many of Tonya Zavasta's followers use High Frequency for various purposes including product penetration and are quite successful with it. It does not mean that you have to follow and you can use it with whatever you prefer.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:50 am      Reply with quote
sigma,
I have done quite a bit of reading and the information is conflicting! Check out the manufactures web site and wow they sell a conductive gel especially to use with it, as a matter of fact when you purchase the unit it comes in a kit with the conductive gel! I am
fully aware that it uses OZONE O3 but thanks for the suggestion any way!

DM

BTW I saw it demonstrated just a few years ago and it was stressed to never use it on DRY SKIN!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Derma Wand Skin Care System with Bonus Eye Cream Item: 309-560

Exercise the power to make an item a Customer Pick
Empower fellow shoppers through your knowledge of the product
Help us make informed decisions about the products we sell
Please, share your thoughts. The HSN community is paying attention.

309560 DERMAWAND / 2X CLEANSER AND MOISTURE

Hydra Infusion Beauty Treatment
Ingredients: Aqua, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Lanolin (Lanolin Oil), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Cetyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 16035 (FD&C Red #40).

Derma Vital Pre-Face Beauty Treatment
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera Gel), Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed Extract), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, PEG-90, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile Extract), Triethanolamine, C1 15985 (FD&C Yellow #6).

Derma Vital Skin Mist
Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Phenoxyethanol.

Derma Wand Eye Cream
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,  Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl/Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Sodium PCA, Chlorella Vulgaris (Algae) Extract, Sea Water, Hydrolyzed  Algin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Urea, Trehalose, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-100 Stearate, Polysorbate 20, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Polyquartmium-51, Ethylhexylglycerin and Phenoxyethanol. 

The Derma Wand Skin Care System with Bonus Eye Cream produces enriched oxygen (Ozone 3) to help cleanse your skin and temporarily give you a smooth, healthy appearance while stimulating your skin's surface. Plus, you get a bonus jar of our eye cream to try.

http://www.hsn.com/infomercial/derma-wand-skin-care-system-with-bonus-eye-cream_p-4110109_xp.aspx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:58 am      Reply with quote
But none of those products are a conductivity gel are they?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,

These ingredients are I believe conductive:

Derma Vital Pre-Face Beauty Treatment
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera Gel), Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed Extract), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, PEG-90, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile Extract), Triethanolamine, C1 15985 (FD&C Yellow #6).

Unless they changed it since I purchased mine I think this 2 oz. Derma Vital Pre-Face - helps cleanse and hydrate and now the spray are meant to be used with the dermawand! I still have my instructions that came with the kit as well as a gel which when I watched it presented for an hour was to be kept on the skin the entire time the dermawand was in contact with the skin. It was said repeatedly to re-moisten the face with the gel as long as you were doing the treatment! I can only go by what my instructions say and the woman who did the presentation said was the proper way to use the products together, I think the Aloe along with other ingredients are conductive, what came with my unit to keep on while using is a gel.

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Sigma,
If you read this part carefully you might notice the word OR

For Use with Micro-Current Units such as FaceMaster, Nu-Face or High Frequency Unit, Dermawand: Achieve even faster skin firming and lifting results by applying water-based Uplift Serum on clean skin, followed by the conductivity gel prior to using your rejuvenating device. DO NOT apply oil-based serums before using micro-current as they will interfere with the currents of these units.

Or High Frequency unit Dermawand.

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:44 am      Reply with quote
I found these instructions on eHow. It doesn't say anything about using a conductive gel or anything else.

How to Use a High Frequency Facial Machine
Contributor By Shannon Moudry

eHow Contributing Writer

Article Rating: (0 Ratings) A high frequency machine generates a current that is transmitted to the skin through a glass electrode which helps to kill harmful bacteria, stimulate circulation, and also helps the skin to absorb skin care products. High frequency can be used to treat acne and to assist in massaging aging skin. Learn how to use a high frequency facial machine in the steps below.

.Difficulty: ModerateInstructions.Things You'll Need:

•High frequency machine
Step 1 Insert the chosen glass electrode into the high frequency machine; it should just snap in to place.

Step 2 Turn the high frequency machine down to a zero level and turn it on. Wrap the cord around your arm once to keep the cord from dragging across the client's skin.

Step 3 Hold the handle of the high frequency electrode in the hand that you normally work with and make contact with the electrode and your finger before placing it on to the client's skin.

Step 4 Place the electrode on the client's skin and remove your finger. Increase the intensity to a comfortable setting and move the electrode in small circles around the skin for a maximum of five minutes.

Step 5 Place your finger back on the electrode and remove it from the client's skin. Turn off the high frequency machine and sterilize the electrode.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5579705_use-high-frequency-facial-machine.html

I've lost my Dermawand instructions, but I'm sure they said that the device could either be used on clean skin or over products to help them penetrate. I'm almost certain that a conductive gel is not needed. Will keep searching for more info.

Most of the products that we apply to our skin contain water and/or gel - but that doesn't necessarily make them a "proper" conductive gel.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:46 am      Reply with quote
I didnt know you have to use a gel with dermawand. I dont remember seeing it with the instructions. Maybe it's optional?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:06 am      Reply with quote
eHow is turning out to be a mine of information!

http://www.ehow.com/how_4473269_use-dermawand.html

How to Use the DermaWand

Contributor
By eHow Contributing Writer
Article Rating: (1 Ratings) The popularity of skin rejuvenation techniques has created a lot of products people can use at home. Many individuals are tired of paying large in-clinic prices for skin rejuvenation treatments. For those looking to refresh and rejuvenate the skin with out spending a lot of time and money, consider the revolutionary at-home Derma Wand for lasting skin rejuvenation.

.Difficulty: EasyInstructions.Things You'll Need:
•Derma Wand
•Skin moisturizer

Step 1 Decide if Derma Wand is the right skin rejuvenation technique for you. It is important to first learn about the product and what it does. Derma Wand is an at-home, hand-held device that combines thermal energy, oxygenation and stimulation to help restore the natural appearance of facial and body skin. When used as recommended, the Derma Wand continually awakens the skin’s ability to repair damaged skin for a tighter, smoother and younger appearance. Derma Wand essentially imitates hundreds of tiny fingers patting the surface of the skin at 114,000 cycles per second. Simultaneously, it emits purified enriched oxygen right at the skin’s surface, and delivers thermal energy to increase "tissue warming." The result is smoother, younger, healthier looking skin that lasts.

Step
2Cleanse the area. Before using Derma Wand, whether on the face or any other are of the body, it is important to thoroughly cleanse the area of skin you want to treat. Once you have cleansed, dry the skin before starting treatment.

Step 3 Apply moisturizer. Once the skin is dry, apply moisturizer in the treated area. You can purchase moisturizer especially for the Derma Wand, or you can use your regular moisturizer brand. This is a vital step in the process, you do not want to use the Derma Wand on dry skin.

Step 4 Test the Derma Wand before applying it to the skin to make sure it is working properly. Turn the device on by plugging it in, and set the dial to the lowest setting of 1. As soon as the device is plugged in, it will begin its wave motion. The bulb on the tip is designed to create thermal energy, but it will not glow unless pressed against the skin. Press the Derma Wand against your hand. You will feel a vibration, and the device will make a buzzing sound. If the Derma Wand works properly, you are ready to use it. Keep in mind that, if the Derma Wand hasn’t been used in a while, it may take up to a minute to get started.

Step 5 Apply the Derma Wand. Once your skin is moisturized and the device has been tested, it is time to use the Derma Wand. Pass the Derma Wand over the area you are treating in a circular motion for 2 to 3 minutes. The bulb on the tip of the device should sweep over the skin and should always be touching the skin. While you’ll want to be sure the device is always touching the skin, applying excessive pressure while performing the treatment is not necessary. For areas with especially lax skin or for areas not on the face, some users may want to use the Derma Wand for 4 to 5 minutes for better results.

Step 6 Find your comfort zone. It is recommended that all users start the Derma Wand at the lowest setting. However, as your treatments progress, increasing the settings will allow you to find your personal comfort zone. It is up to each user to find the settings that work best for her skin.

So these instructions say not to use on dry skin. As always, we have conflicting opinions.
But I would say that it's definitely not necessary to use a conductive gel.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
*mirjana* wrote:

So I wandered if Dermawand can help to speed up a little absorbing of C serum.

Derma Wand emits ozone, which equals oxygen, which degrades vitamin C, so it's not advisable to use it after applying your C serum. (This is my common sense talking, and based on my knowledge of DW and C serums.)

Thanks Kassy, I used to know that Confused but I didn't recollect in this case. Oxygen...my common sense talking that you are in right Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Darkmoon,

I understand were the confusion is coming from. Based on a context it is a valid point (major modality impacting the skin versus mechanism).

So, we are good.

Dermawand is a home version of the professional equipment. I prefer to use a real thing, and it can be
easily bought nowadays.

I also wanted to mention that there are contraindications to any High Frequency - facial hair, broken capillaries.

One of the usages (with comb electrode) is stimulation of hair growth.

Also, one of the techniques of possible usages - for deep under the skin mountain which does not want to erupt - hold the electrode a few millimeters from the spot for a few seconds (one has to be careful not to burn the skin though) - and it will help to bring it to the surface.

Actually hot compress may do too.

Just thought I would mention.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Sigma,

Yes we are good, perhaps it would be a very good idea if we each specify wether the model we own is the professional or home version as the correct usage is apparently quite different! I do my very best not to post any misinformation and as I said saved my instructions and paid close attention when it was presented on TV!

I appreciate that you are trying to be helpful, and the information might be so for future readers of the thread, I have stated on this forum many times I have now and always did have very normal skin, no breakouts, teenage acne, hormonal pimples as a young one were at best a small pimple once in a blue moon.

My main purpose for purchasing it was the "brow lifting" effect demonstrated!
Other than that issue I guess I can chalk it up to genetics, I really don't have much to speak of in the way of wrinkles (above lip from smoking) nor do I find much sagging!

I wanted to make sure the instructions that I saved as well as what I made sure stuck in my brain during the presentation were out here so anyone using the home device did not attempt to do so on dry skin, as I am sure there is good reason not to do so!

I hope this clears any confusion for all.
DM
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I had Dermawand before I purchased the professional one, and had no problem using it on dry skin ( I gave mine to a friend since I found it to be more of a toy then a tool).

Nor do I have a problem with the Professional one.

The difference is that with Professional one you can damage the skin, while it would be almost impossible with Dermawand (almost due to various medical skin conditions that hopefully none of us have).

Unfortunately, I believe very little of what I see in commercials, and frequently the manufacturers mislead us as well ( including giants such as Microsoft, IBM, etc. - these is more in my professional arena).

As I said before my knowledge comes from several sources - old professional class for beauticians in Europe many years ago (for people with at least 2 years of medical education) and my personal usage of several models over many years (way before Dermawand appeared I bought the used one from the lady who did my facials).

Instructions Kelliu posted seem to agree with that, but as you can see they do differ from the ones you found.

Be it as it may - it is OK to use it on dry skin, over the oil or cream.

It is not good to use over vit. C.

Definitely applies to Dermawand, and the same goes for Professional Quality machines.

I had never heard anyone suggesting professional High Frequency for any lifting effect, but may be things changed since I learned it many years ago.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:34 am      Reply with quote
From Kelilu's instructions found on ehow and what my instructions which I saved with my unit!

Step 3 Apply moisturizer. Once the skin is dry, apply moisturizer in the treated area. You can purchase moisturizer especially for the Derma Wand, or you can use your regular moisturizer brand. This is a vital step in the process, you do not want to use the Derma Wand on dry skin.

I don't see a marketing ploy when it is clearly stated you can use your own moisturizer.

It clearly states not to use on dry skin, both on ehow as well as the instructions that come with the unit!
The presentation I watched was done by the woman who invented the home version after working with the professional one daily! You start, SLIDE and hold! If you wish to do that on dry skin so be it I believe the inventor knows the proper use! The lifting was shown, my own two eyes saw this done half face for comparison!
Could be your information is outdated

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma - I've looked at the "professional" high frequency devices in the past and been tempted to purchase one because I also think the DermaWand is very toy-like - but I still like it. The only thing that's stopped me from purchasing is the fragile looking glass electrodes that come with the more sophisticated units (that meaning that they're not as portable).

However, if you think there's a huge difference in terms of effectiveness, I might considering purchasing a better device. What do you think?

I'm still not convinced that we've solved the issue on whether to use on dry skin or not - I'd like some more input.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Step 1
Before using Derma Wand, always thoroughly cleanse with your favorite cleanser and rinse with warm water.
Step 2
Completely pat dry after cleansing and rinsing.
Step 3
Apply your favorite moisturizer (an amount the size of a nickel) onto clean fingertips and gently layer over your entire neck and face. Give special attention to the delicate eye area; gently spread your moisturizers or eye cream carefully around this sensitive area.
Step 4
When using Derma Wand for the first time, turn dial to setting 1.
Make sure to remove bulb cap first.
The bulb will not glow until you touch it to your skin. Try it on the back of your hand first. If your Derma Wand has not been used before, or if the Derma Wand has not been used for several days, it may take up to 1 minute for the bulb to glow.
Step 5
Place bulb direcly on your facial skin to experience the Derma Wand Sensation. Always work on the lowest setting for the first few days until you get used to the sensation. When you no longer feel the same intensity of the stimuli, this is the signal that your skin is ready for the next level. Turn the dial up one more level and work at this new level for a few days until you no longer feel the intensity. Continue increasing the intensity on the dial a little bit at a time until you have reached your maximum comfort zone for your facial skin. The Derma Wand is effective even at the lowest setting and your comfort setting depends on your skin's sensitivity.
Step 6
Now begin sweeping the Derma Wand over your entire neck and face areas.
A. NECK: Begin in the neck area by sweeping the Derma Wand all over your entire neck area in a linear motion.
B. Face: After the neck, begin on your face by sweeping Derma Wand all over your face in either a linear or circular motion. Be sure that you are continually moving the unit around your face.

http://www.ib3health.com/products/OzoneBeauty/DermaWand.asp

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Another ehow article, every place I check it says use a moisturizer, or flat out " You do not want to use the dermawand on dry skin"

http://www.ehow.com/i/#article_4473269

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Several points here:

1). Human body conducts electricity. Any one who doubts it should think why kids are not allowed to stick their fingers into electrical outlets, and we are not recommended to pick up a live wire with bare hands.

2). There are many electrical micro-current devices that work with different type of electrodes - heavily used in physical therapy medical grade units, tens units, Tua units, etc.

Based on the type of electrodes, types of current (the incoming is the same - either electrical outlet or battery, then follows some electronics that converts it into output current with various characteristics - wavelength, wave pattern, frequency, permanent or periodic, etc.Wink it may or may not require conductive gel (to amplify).

3. The main mechanism how High Frequency machine impacts the skin is via OZONE, everything else is quite negligible and not worth even mentioning

4. The ONLY inventor here is Mr Tesla. This lady had an interesting marketing ploy to water down the professional model, knowing full well that it would not be nearly as effective if at all, package it and sell to gullible and not knowledgeable enough public. In my vocabulary that is not an invention.

There are so many of these - the vegetable bags that work for ethylene gas, read what Consumer Report has to say about it. Yet people buy it (myself included) and convince themselves that they are happy. Free country.

5. During my facial a few months ago the cosmetician used High Frequency after the extraction - wiped my face with alcohol, waited for it to evaporate, used paper napkin to ensure the face was dry, applied powder to a couple of big scabs, and on absolutely DRY face used High Frequency for about 2 minutes. I guess she does not know what she was doing. Funny that she works in one of the best NYC salons, but what do they know...

6. Tonya Zavasta explicitly does not recommend Dermawand without going into many details. I have no info as to why, but can only derive that it is not effective enough in terms of OZONE.

7. The professional ones cost about $80.00 on ebay, so it is not much more then then Dermawand.

8. Yes, they have flimsy electrodes, and if not careful one can damage the skin (not permanently); and they usually do not last long - about a year.

9. I am currently looking for a professional quality portable unit for myself and another EDS member. I can not use it on my face (die to facial hair issue) but plan to use it on my head for hair. The cosmetician I go to uses the one from Italy, so far I was unable to find the source. I found a good American manufacturer, but am not sure if the prices will be right.

10. Bottom line - you can use Dermawand on dry skin (may be even less effective without a catalyst), non-dry skin, in all cases you may hope to get some results, whether you will or not ....

Kelliu - if you can try one at salon you would see the difference and then can decide whether you want to buy a professional unit. I tried both and for myself decided to go with a professional one years ago. In my opinion Dermawand is a toy and a ripoff.

Also, Tonya Zavasta recommends it for holistic effect, I have no knowledge about it, but so far all her information proved to be reliable, so I tend to trust her.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hello, I'm Christina Boves, founder and inventor of the DermaWand Hand Held Skin Care Rejuvenation System. I've been a professional in the industry for almost 30 years. I know what works and what doesn't work for that tired, aged skin.

I developed the DermaWand and had our large commercial unit engineered smaller and more portable so I could take it home and give myself critical attention every day. I don't want my skin to fall apart so to say. I want it to be firm, toned, youthful looking. After all, I am in the industry. Practice what you preach!

I wanted to check the results I wanted. So many people were saying to me when I first started using the DermaWand that, "Your skin just looks amazing." I wondered if it was really true. So I stopped using the DermaWand on one side of my face for six weeks.

The results are there. You can really see the difference how the lines and wrinkles seem so much more diminished. Mostly, it's that firming and toning that's achieved because lines and wrinkles alone don't make us look old, and aged and tired, but that slackened skin, that is what really makes us look tired and aged.

Here's a quick review of how the DermaWand can help you look years younger!

Helps Eliminate Fine Lines & Wrinkles

DermaWand helps because it's:

•Your only resource that combines a thermal, oxygenating and stimulating foundation to provide a restored appearance of collapsed surface skin tissue.
•Your DermaWand, when used daily as recommended, helps continually awaken the skin’s ability to cosmetically repair and give a smoother, younger, tighter and more lifted appearance.
•Plus the stream of impulses replicates the effects of massage which is known to help improve circulation, which assists in bringing vital nutrients to the skin’s surface to help repair surface damage.
The DermaWand imitates hundreds of tiny fingers patting the surface of the skin at 114,000 cycles per second, while simultaneously emitting purified enriched oxygen, right on your skin’s surface, plus delivering vital thermal energy to help increase "tissue warming." Rather like a skin laser restorative system.

Enlarged Pores - Use DermaWand to help purify build-up and debris from the skin's pores to minimize pitted appearance.

Stimulates Lazy, Slackened Skin - Stimulation and thermal properties are key elements for your tighter and lifted appearance without surgical procedures.

Dull Skin - After applying DermaVitál Pre-Face, the thermal effects of your DermaWand literally gives your complexion a healthy appearing glow and a vital feast of hydration for that satin finish.

Puffy Eyes - Pack your bags! Have that well-rested look, while diminishing the appearance of excess folding around the eye area. What a relief!

•Your only resource that combines a thermal, oxygenating and stimulating foundation to provide a restored appearance of collapsed surface skin tissue.
•Your DermaWand, when used daily as recommended, helps continually awaken the skin’s ability to cosmetically repair and give a smoother, younger, tighter and more lifted appearance.
•Plus the stream of impulses replicates the effects of massage which is known to help improve circulation, which assists in bringing vital nutrients to the skin’s surface to help repair surface damage.
The DermaWand imitates hundreds of tiny fingers patting the surface of the skin at 114,000 cycles per second, while simultaneously emitting purified enriched oxygen, right on your skin’s surface, plus delivering vital thermal energy to help increase "tissue warming." Rather like a skin laser restorative system.

Enlarged Pores - Use DermaWand to help purify build-up and debris from the skin's pores to minimize pitted appearance.

Stimulates Lazy, Slackened Skin - Stimulation and thermal properties are key elements for your tighter and lifted appearance without surgical procedures.

Dull Skin - After applying DermaVitál Pre-Face, the thermal effects of your DermaWand literally gives your complexion a healthy appearing glow and a vital feast of hydration for that satin finish.

Puffy Eyes - Pack your bags! Have that well-rested look, while diminishing the appearance of excess folding around the eye area. What a relief!

HOW DERMA WAND WORKS...
Derma Wand is a condensed version of the corrective technology that professionals rely on. It sends out a gentle stream of impulses stimulating at 114,000 cycles per second. Your complexion will immediately respond with a lifted and increased contoured appearance while improving from the congested look of puffy, tired eyes.

The thermal energy helps increase tissue warming, which provides an excellent resource to cosmetically smooth away the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Simultaneously, Derma Wand produces enriched oxygen to help purify and retexture the surface of your skin.

hmm it actually cost about or more than what you are saying the profesional unit costs from ebay? I would love a link to the professional model as I found none googleing online last night?

TIA
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I am quite well aware of the body conducting electricity, as well as naturally giving it off! As a computer Tech I know I must ground myself or risk frying sensitive components, just think of those shocks we get from static electricity!

DM

BTW reading 5 pages of instructions showing and telling how to use the unit, concentrating on each and every area It is repeated over and over to use with the gel or a moisturizer, NEVER USE ON DRY SKIN! If I chose to destroy my book I received with it I would scan each page and post them, but sorry I would like to save my instructions for my "toy" Sorry! Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |