Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any Derma Wand users out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I lusted after this one and broke down and placed an order. If it can help w/ the acne issues I have (thanks to 302), I'll be a happy camper. It'd be a bonus to do some lifting that some claim it can do. Hope it comes from HSN soon!

(first time reading this thread too! EDS is dangerous to my wallet!!) Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Well, I lusted after this one and broke down and placed an order. If it can help w/ the acne issues I have (thanks to 302), I'll be a happy camper. It'd be a bonus to do some lifting that some claim it can do. Hope it comes from HSN soon!

(first time reading this thread too! EDS is dangerous to my wallet!!) Laughing

I know what you are saying about the wallet!
From all using it for blemishes it seems to do a great job on zapping them!

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Well, I took the plunge and got the HSN Dermawand. I'll keep you guys updated as to whether it works on my blemishes or not.

If it doesn't, I just might have to find out the name of the machine the aesthetician used. Only thing is it probably costs five grand. Shock

Thanks for all of your help, DM and others!
hyacynthgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to weigh in with my experience.

I actually bought the dermawand as a result of the reviews on EDS, and I bought it fairly recently. In November, I believe.

I have combo, "maturing" skin, and I mainly bought it because in the past couple of years, my pores have been larger than I like in the T-zone area. Also, I used to get cystic acne, but I have not had any problems for quite a while, even before purchasing the dermawand. However, I still deal with hormonal acne.

The dermawand has helped my pores immensely. It has made the skin pretty smooth. It has really helped (the pore issue) more than anything else, as far as I can tell. Also, I haven't really been consistent with it, but my pores have stayed small.

There seems to be some controversy (especially on this thread! Wink) on how to use it. The dvd that came with it says to use it first on dry skin. The booklet that came with it says to apply moisturiser before you use it. I think there is another booklet that explains how to use the gel and creams, but I can't locate it at the moment. Further, I have seen yet another set of directions that says to shrink pores, use it on bare skin, then apply your potion and do your regular session. I use the dermawand on the pores without moisture. It seems that the point of the gel or moisturiser is (a) glide and (b)avoiding overexfoliation. The dermawand will kind of dry your skin if you don't use a moisturiser. I think it really depends on your preference and how sensitive your skin is. Of course, you can also use it to push in your treatment (minus A and C serum).

So, along with the above poster, I agree it is versatile. Also, I like its portability. It seems that nowadays you can get a hf machine for the same price as a dermawand (mine was $55 delivered), but you have consider how often you are on the road, the size of the machine, and whether you are a klutz and will break the glass wands! The violet ray still seems to be on the pricier side, although the draw of it, I guess, is that it is supposed to be more on the frequency of your body, if I am not mistaken. There seems to be some controversy on that point, you can take it with a grain of salt.

Phew! All that to say, I was skeptical, but I can truly recommend the dermawand!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
hyacynthgirl, 

Thank you! That confirms for me that they have indeed changed the instructions since I purchased mine from HSN around 3-4 (at least) years ago! I have no DVD one pink sheet with standard electrical warnings and one booklet, nowhere in my older directions does it say you can use it on dry skin! On each page it shows how to move and hold it in place and for how long, it says on all to apply the gel included or your favorite serum, lotion or moisturizer! There is no warning about using it with C or A! It would have been nice if they sent updated directions to existing customers, but I suppose that's just asking too much! I know I kept everything including instructions all with the box it came in! 
Thanks for straightening out the confusion! 

DM 

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
You are so welcome!

Yea...I feel like I've finally actually contributed to this forum, after having gleaned so much information about so many new things from everyone else! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
hyacynthgirl wrote:
You are so welcome!

Yea...I feel like I've finally actually contributed to this forum, after having gleaned so much information about so many new things from everyone else! Laughing

Your post was extremely helpful and informative! You really did a great service straightening out all the confusion with the different directions some of us have received, I for one am quite grateful!

DM
Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Can Dermawand be plugged into normal shaver socket?....If so , i wont need a coverter......( and off-topic how about clarisonic?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:33 am      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
Can Dermawand be plugged into normal shaver socket?....If so , i wont need a coverter......( and off-topic how about clarisonic?)

Using a high voltage output device in a shower room from a shaver socket is not a good idea.

Only ever use a shaver socket for devices that are doubly insulated and intended for use in a wet/damp environment.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if their Dermawand lost strength after using it for a short while? My #9 now seems as strong as the #3 was when I first started using it.

I've used mine for a week now and have just loved it. It worked great on healing up some blossoming blemishes and some that had already bloomed. My large pores and clogged pores are almost all gone as well. And I've even seen a lifting up of my upper eyelids AND of my 'jowls' just under the corners of my mouth.

Now, since this unit is working so well (not sure it still is - but hopeful) and you guys are talking about something that is EVEN stronger than the Dermawand - UH OH! Gotta keep my wallet locked up.

Anyway - does anyone have this problem of the Dermawand losing strength? I'm thinking I need to exchange it but am unsure how the customer service it. I sent an email asking a question on the day I recieved it and never got a response.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
It's always possible that you have a faulty unit. However, I would imagine the difference in intensity that you are noticing is because your skin is getting used to it and is becoming desensitized. I'm just talking off the top of my head, of course.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
It's always possible that you have a faulty unit. However, I would imagine the difference in intensity that you are noticing is because your skin is getting used to it and is becoming desensitized. I'm just talking off the top of my head, of course.

I have read the same about becoming accustomed to the feeling! If you are convinced it's faulty, it happens with any product I would suggest a call to where you purchased from! I
find better CS talking to an actual human works best sometimes.

just my 2 cents.
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
It's not that I'm getting use to it - the intensity is definitely less. A call is not possible since they did not provide a phone # (only an email addy) and they did not respond to my email last week. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
It's not that I'm getting use to it - the intensity is definitely less. A call is not possible since they did not provide a phone # (only an email addy) and they did not respond to my email last week. Crying or Very sad

Sorry I got mine on HSN! Where did you purchase from? Did you use paypal? Asking because if you email again or eBay has a contact information request where they give you the number, or open a dispute with paypal if you paid through them?

Hope you can get it sorted out!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I bought mine from HSN as well, and I'm glad I did. I just got off the phone from them and they have excellent CS.

I also just got done w/ another use of my Dermawand and the intensity is worse than it was earlier Sad It's dying on me....

I contacted the CS from HSN and they gave me Dermawand's phone #. They said if I don't get this resolved w/ Dermawand, then HSN will send me a return shipping label to send it back to them. Unfortunately, HSN says the Dermawand is sold out and they cannot exchange it for me (I would've gladly done that as I like it).

But, as it appears I will need to return this. Should I just get one of those stronger machines? I do like the portability of the Dermawand.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad they helped, I would wait and see if derma wand exchanges it for you! If not HSN should restock. I can't say whether to buy a stronger device as the dermawand is one of the few gadgets I own! I really think you might wait and speak directly to the company, I
doubt they want unhappy customers out there!

DM

foxe wrote:
I bought mine from HSN as well, and I'm glad I did. I just got off the phone from them and they have excellent CS.

I also just got done w/ another use of my Dermawand and the intensity is worse than it was earlier Sad It's dying on me....

I contacted the CS from HSN and they gave me Dermawand's phone #. They said if I don't get this resolved w/ Dermawand, then HSN will send me a return shipping label to send it back to them. Unfortunately, HSN says the Dermawand is sold out and they cannot exchange it for me (I would've gladly done that as I like it).

But, as it appears I will need to return this. Should I just get one of those stronger machines? I do like the portability of the Dermawand.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Well - I was able to speak to Dermawand's CS today and get my problem resolved. They will send a free replacement, however - at first the CS wanted to charge me $25 for a replacment bulb (what she felt was the problem), until I pointed out the 1 year warranty and that it was less than a week old! Not as good a CS as HSNs!!

BTW - has anyone needed to replace their bulb? How do you do it, was it hard? I get to keep the malfunctioning one - maybe I will buy a bulb for it after all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
The DermaWand is on HSN as I type for those who are thinking about buying one. It's $69.95 with free shipping and 3 flex pays @ $23.32.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
foxe,

I am glad you got it sorted out but sorry the companies CS was a hassle to deal with!
I have never changed the bulb as it's still
going strong. If you buy one to have a back up
I would ask when ordering about how to change the bulb and if instructions will be included, so you don't find yourself with the part and no clue of how to change it! Maybe someone will chime in and let you know if they have had to change one. Smile

DM

5% products discount

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Got my DW today from HSN.
I'm gonna start out using it with no cream/lotion due to some acne I'd like to treat.
I have a question. How do you incorporate the DW into your routine when used with other products/ procedures?
For instance, can it be used before applying the vitamin C serum in the morning?
What do you do about applying Retin-A? Just apply it around 1 hour after the DW?
And what about facial exercises and massage such as Ageless/Tanaka? Would you use the DW before or after these? And how long before or after.
I don't ask for much...lol
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
skinner2 wrote:
I'm gonna start out using it with no cream/lotion due to some acne I'd like to treat.
I have a question. How do you incorporate the DW into your routine when used with other products/ procedures?
For instance, can it be used before applying the vitamin C serum in the morning?
What do you do about applying Retin-A? Just apply it around 1 hour after the DW?
And what about facial exercises and massage such as Ageless/Tanaka? Would you use the DW before or after these? And how long before or after.

I use the Dermawand after I have applied my serums (including C) in the morning.

In the evening I use it before I apply Retin-A.

With regard to the massage and facial exercise - I can't see how it would impact on those, so wouldn't think it would matter whether you used it before or after. But others may have some input on that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I just want to second everything Kelilu posted, I agree 100%!

HTH
DM

Keliu wrote:
skinner2 wrote:

I use the Dermawand after I have applied my serums (including C) in the morning.

In the evening I use it before I apply Retin-A.

With regard to the massage and facial exercise - I can't see how it would impact on those, so wouldn't think it would matter whether you used it before or after. But others may have some input on that.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Can you please post how you are liking the Dermawand? I really want to order one from HSN but the reviews are so mixed.
Thanks!
Cindy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
skinner2 wrote:

You're doing this with your oil soluble C serum Keliu, correct? Just want to verify that so "skinner" doesn't use it with a water based L-Ascorbic Acid serum... (The L-AA would be oxidized by the ozone/oxygen from the DermaWand.)

Keeping in mind that the whole point of using the DW is to bring *oxygen* to the skin, and that oxygen is also the enemy of L-AA.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
skinner2
5% products discount

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Keliu wrote:
skinner2 wrote:

You're doing this with your oil soluble C serum Keliu, correct? Just want to verify that so "skinner" doesn't use it with a water based L-Ascorbic Acid serum... (The L-AA would be oxidized by the ozone/oxygen from the DermaWand.)

Keeping in mind that the whole point of using the DW is to bring *oxygen* to the skin, and that oxygen is also the enemy of L-AA.

So I take it that using the DW before the C serum in the morning is fine?
BTW...been using it for 4 days now and my skin/acne issues are pretty much cleared up. I've had the worst acne outbreak of my life the last 10 months. And that was with using RA, clindamycin, BP, C serum, micro-fiber cloth.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |