Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Any Derma Wand users out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I use a cotton pad and alcohol to clean mine, too. I'm wondering if I can use camellia oil with my dermawand..?
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Well I have had my dermawand for a few months now and use it mainly when I feel a break out coming on. It only works on the really big subsurface painful zits. It doesn't allow them to surface. But for other acne I didn't think it really did anything.

I must say though that I dont use it that often- about 1-2x per week. I will try to use it more often since most of you are getting good results.

I'v been cleaning the had with a cotton pad soaked with my VICHY anti acne astringent.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:28 am      Reply with quote
I got the "new improved" DermaWand (114,000 cycles per second) last week and immediately put it to use on some cysts (probably hormonal acne - I've been having a problem with that lately) along my jawline and some on the right side of my face. My face decided to erupt with Queen Cyst, a/k/a the Mother of All Zits on my right cheek, high on my cheekbone and under my eye (I think my eye cream migrated and clogged my pores). This cyst was HUGE - inflamed and swollen ... and looked as if it would take months to go away.

My plan of attack was to zap the huge cyst on my cheek into next year and make it regret ever deciding to make its home on my face. The DermaWand has been amazing to use on these cysts - really makes them shrink up and disappear quickly, making the healing time greatly reduced. The Queen Cyst is still there - even with the DermaWand this monster is going to take a couple weeks to get rid of, but it is significantly reduced in size. I think it still has something in it that's causing clogging, so I may need to do another extraction on it.

The instructions for this device say it does a lot of things, including reducing pore size. So, I am using it in the t-zone where I have slightly enlarged pores (my Clarisonic has done quite a bit to reduce my pore size already) and am anxious to see if it works to make them smaller.

I spent a bit less than $100 shipping included for the DermaWand and so far, I think its money well spent. I'm glad I have this device in my "tool kit." I *heart* my DermaWand!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:31 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
I got the "new improved" DermaWand (114,000 cycles per second) last week and immediately put it to use on some cysts (probably hormonal acne - I've been having a problem with that lately) along my jawline and some on the right side of my face. My face decided to erupt with Queen Cyst, a/k/a the Mother of All Zits on my right cheek, high on my cheekbone and under my eye (I think my eye cream migrated and clogged my pores). This cyst was HUGE - inflamed and swollen ... and looked as if it would take months to go away.

My plan of attack was to zap the huge cyst on my cheek into next year and make it regret ever deciding to make its home on my face. The DermaWand has been amazing to use on these cysts - really makes them shrink up and disappear quickly, making the healing time greatly reduced. The Queen Cyst is still there - even with the DermaWand this monster is going to take a couple weeks to get rid of, but it is significantly reduced in size. I think it still has something in it that's causing clogging, so I may need to do another extraction on it.

The instructions for this device say it does a lot of things, including reducing pore size. So, I am using it in the t-zone where I have slightly enlarged pores (my Clarisonic has done quite a bit to reduce my pore size already) and am anxious to see if it works to make them smaller.

I spent a bit less than $100 shipping included for the DermaWand and so far, I think its money well spent. I'm glad I have this device in my "tool kit." I *heart* my DermaWand!

Do you use a moisturizer with your DermaWand? If so, what do you use? Do you think I can use camellia oil?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Can you tell us what changes make this Dermawand upgrade "new and improved"?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Poohlisey and lunarmm, sorry for the delay in answering, but I just saw your questions on this thread.

Pooh, I don't use anything on my skin before I use the DermaWand. I just wash, dry and then use the DW, and follow treatment with my toner and moisturizers. I probably should put something on my skin, but I'm really just using it right now to treat some breakouts and find that it works very well for that purpose. I have no idea if you could use camellia oil just before using the DW. Maybe you should e-mail their customer service people and ask that question, but I don't see why using the oil would be a problem.

lunarmm, what makes it "new and improved" are the number of cycles per second at which it pulses - 114,000 - I guess the prior models were in the low to mid 90,000 cycles. The website says this new version with 114,000 CPS is a professional grade version. Who knows if that's true or not?
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:11 am      Reply with quote
i used derma wand to treat my some ance,it work Very Happy
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I'd love to get a rechargeable one. I'll do a search but does anyone have a link to the rechargeable one?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks MermaidGirl! Smile
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Been using mine for about 3 months. I use it 4 nights a week, about a 15min run all over face and very heavy on certain areas.

I love love it. It's great for my in between laser treatments, and my skins biggest benifit from it, is petal soft texture, to include shrunken pores.

Great at home treatment. I love it. I do wish it had more powerful options. I would love it in a double strength version. Would be that much better.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
SandraG,

Isn't there a control dial on the power? Is the highest too low for you?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
If someone was to use this on the entire face how long would it take? Not enough hours in the day for all of these facial units.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
If someone was to use this on the entire face how long would it take? Not enough hours in the day for all of these facial units.

Only take 3 mins for me on the entire face. Smile
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Catski,

Can you or someone else please post a link for a rechargeable Dermawand? I tried finding one last night without any luck.

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Catski,

Can you or someone else please post a link for a rechargeable Dermawand? I tried finding one last night without any luck.

Thanks!

These?
http://www.beurersoftlaser.com/

http://www.ib3health.com/products/Oxylight/Index.shtml

HTH.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey, thanks for the link, but it looks like this Oxylight uses an adapter:
12V DC, 1.3W ( Adaptor used)
http://www.ib3health.com/products/Oxylight/OxylightSystem.shtml

I'm interested in a rechargeable model of Oxylight or Dermawand. Catski said hers is rechargeable.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm

I use it at it's highest, yes. I even use it at it's highest over the eye (not eye ball, but from crease up to brow).

I like things aggressive Rolling Eyes

It's just so effective, I cant help want more, more, more Cool
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:38 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Lisey, thanks for the link, but it looks like this Oxylight uses an adapter:
12V DC, 1.3W ( Adaptor used)
http://www.ib3health.com/products/Oxylight/OxylightSystem.shtml

I'm interested in a rechargeable model of Oxylight or Dermawand. Catski said hers is rechargeable.

No problem. The Beurer Softlaser is rechargable. My sister has one. Smile
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Mermaid girl, are you able to say how many cycles per second the older version of the Dermawand runs at? How does one determine if they are dealing with the new-improved model or the older one?

And can anyone tell me about these soft-lasers? Are they simply LEDs or something more powerful? Do they pulsate?

It looks to me like they are an altogether different device from the Dermawand, which is marketed as "oxygenating"...(???)

Is there anyone here who has a good understanding of how these are believed to work, and how they differ?

Are these perhaps discussed among the beautybrains, or does anyone have an engineering or physics degree -- or a spouse or friend with one?
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, I suppose an actual degree is not crucial, just some knowledge of more than just the marketing claims of these companies -- although i do put quite a bit of stock in the users' reports of their experience with these devices...
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I want to try this Derma Wand thing, but I'm a little afraid of "ozone" and breathing it. I have asthma, so does anyone know if asthmatics can use this thing? I have acne, I'm 51 and still have acne, I keep it fairly under control but I'm SO tired of having it for 30 years. I do use all kinds of AHAs, retinol, everything.

Anyway, I also have a question, we use "anti-oxidants" on our skin during the day, so I'm confused because the Derma Wand pertains to Oxygen or ozone. I didn't know putting oxygen on the skin like this would be good or not, but I want to try it for breakouts.

Can someone explain it all - I was always told not to put skincare products on the skin that pertained to "oxgenating" the skin, but I'm not sure why.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:17 am      Reply with quote
alibabka wrote:
Mermaid girl, are you able to say how many cycles per second the older version of the Dermawand runs at? How does one determine if they are dealing with the new-improved model or the older one? ...

Hi Alibabka, just saw your post ... my "new post notification" feature seems to be working only sporadically!

Anyhow, the older DermaWands apparently ran at around 90,000 CPS or less and the new one is 114,000 CPS or so. I have no way of knowing how to tell a new one vs. an older one, and in fact, even though I purchased my "new" one from the DermaWand site, they could've sent me an old one for all I know!

Sorry, I can't answer any of your other questions other than to say I pretty much use my DermaWand (when I remember to use it) to help treat break outs, though I am interested in the other types of facial gizmos.
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Luvsgracy, I have asthma and use the Derma wand with no problem. It gives my skin a lovely glow and I have been using it for at least 2 years with no adverse reaction.
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much, lillululu - I guess I'm going to try it, since they give you a 30 day "free" trial period, and since I can pay out the payments monthly on the CC, even though I can't afford this, I also do NOT want to be so tired and stressed from my breakouts on my face.

Why can't it just go away? (the acne). I'm also tired of trying so much stuff to help it, I've started making my own, and will put in a new order in a week for some niacinamide from the SAS website and a few other things.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the DremaWand for YEARS off and on, and once I go back on, I wonder why I went off!!! It really is fabulous at getting your circulation going ,and gives you a glow much like a long brisk walk in cool fresh air. It is great for breakouts, natural exfoliation, and firming sagging skin.
I give my clean skin a 2 minute sweep with the wand, then add "lotions & potions" and continue with the wand for 10-15 minutes. I focus on where and what I need, and find it so simple to use. If you want to attack wrinkles and sagging, the company has a routine you can follow. I too use alcohol to clean the glass bulb.
The DermaWand has been around for quite awhile so I do get caught up in the "something newer must be better" rut, but I have been VERY disappointed in the other costlier products I've bought...Like the Beuer, which uses light therapy.
Thanks for reminding me to appreciate the DermaWand! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |