Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Any Derma Wand users out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
You're doing this with your oil soluble C serum Keliu, correct? Just want to verify that so "skinner" doesn't use it with a water based L-Ascorbic Acid serum... (The L-AA would be oxidized by the ozone/oxygen from the DermaWand.)

Keeping in mind that the whole point of using the DW is to bring *oxygen* to the skin, and that oxygen is also the enemy of L-AA.

I apply C Serum, wait 30 mins then apply other serums. Then apply Oil Soluble C serum and use Dermawand.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
This is good to hear that you use the Derma Wand w/ a lipid based C serum as that's what I use! It will make a great base for slidding the wand around on - esp if it doesn't oxidize the C.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I believe the oxidation potential of the C when used with the DW is pure speculation at this point. I mean a topical vitamin C serum will stay in the skin and give it's benefits for around 72 hours. So the oxidation theory, if true, would most likely effect a serum applied days ago.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:28 am      Reply with quote
skinner2 wrote:
I believe the oxidation potential of the C when used with the DW is pure speculation at this point. I mean a topical vitamin C serum will stay in the skin and give it's benefits for around 72 hours. So the oxidation theory, if true, would most likely effect a serum applied days ago.

You can do a little test yourself... Apply a water based L-AA serum, and then use your DW before it has fully penetrated. After a few days of this routine have a look in a magnifying mirror, and you will see lots of little blackheads.. They are the result of vitamin C which has oxidized on your skin.

I believe that blackheads will always be the result of using an oxidized C serum. And that goes for DIY or the most expensive product money can buy.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure about all of this. Theoretically, The Vitamin C will oxidise as soon as it is spread out thinly on the skin and exposed to the air. I've been adding a penetration enhancer to my Vitamin C recipe in the hope that it will maximise results - but I've no idea if it really does, I just live in hope. I figure that 30 mins is long enough to wait before using the Dermawand.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Can any one advise where I can get the dermawand in Australia?

all the websites I have gone to do not ship to Australia Crying or Very sad

TIA
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
skinner2 wrote:

You can do a little test yourself... Apply a water based L-AA serum, and then use your DW before it has fully penetrated. After a few days of this routine have a look in a magnifying mirror, and you will see lots of little blackheads.. They are the result of vitamin C which has oxidized on your skin.

I believe that blackheads will always be the result of using an oxidized C serum. And that goes for DIY or the most expensive product money can buy.

Hmmm- this is what I experienced when I used a Skin Ceuticals C-E Fuerlic a few years ago. Maybe it was oxidized? Thanks for bringing that point up Kassy. I had thought the L-AAs weren't for me after that experience. This lipid version does do some nice things for my skin - namely helping to heal some blemish scars. The combo of the C, CPs and Retin A with the dermawand has worked pretty good lately.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:
Can any one advise where I can get the dermawand in Australia?

all the websites I have gone to do not ship to Australia Crying or Very sad

I purchased mine on Ebay. They were advertising these on TV a while back - but I can't find an Australian site that's selling them at the moment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I love mine. Earlier this week I had an eye infection, I think it was a blocked tear-duct. Under the eye, in the corner, it was very red and sore - and painful. I zapped it, being careful not to zap my eyeball and the next morning it was much better. I've also been using it on my sun damaged chest area. I had some weeping sores there - they have all cleared up. (Gosh, with the warts and all, I sound like a real mess!!)

Actually, I've become a little obsessed with the whole high frequency principle since all my research into it. Consequently, I've bought a "professional" device. I purchased the one from Palacia Skin Care - it's 200,000 hertz and I paid $195.00. Haven't received it yet but will report back after I've used it. I just have the feeling that my skin responds well to high frequency treatments.

Hi Keliu,

How does the dermawand compare with your AALS?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
How does the dermawand compare with your AALS?

These devices are totally different and work on different principles - so comparing them would be like comparing apples with oranges. I like both devices - I believe the AALS has evened out my skin tone, but the Dermawand is excellent for killing bacteria on troubled skin. Both devices are supposed to induce collagen production and help with wrinkles and lifting - my vote is still out on that though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:25 am      Reply with quote
YAY YAY YAY! My Dermawand arrived today! I have some questions about it's usage, to get it to do what I want it to do:

1. To tackle a pimple (I've got one on my jawline), do I just hold the dermawand there, in one spot? Or does the dermawand have to keep moving?

2. I watched the DVD that came with it and really hope it lifts my brow like it's shown in the photo ... no question about technique, I guess, since it was pretty self-explanatory, but just wondering if anyone has any insider beauty secrets to really make the eyelift go "KER-POW!" Laughing

3. Not including in the DVD but mentioned in the booklet: does anyone do the dermawand on the lips to make them bigger? Just wanted to be sure there's no undesirable consequence from that.

4. Lastly: can you use the dermawand "too much"? I used it for 15 minutes and am wondering if that was too long ... hmm
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:21 am      Reply with quote
murray28 wrote:
YAY YAY YAY! My Dermawand arrived today! I have some questions about it's usage, to get it to do what I want it to do:

1. To tackle a pimple (I've got one on my jawline), do I just hold the dermawand there, in one spot? Or does the dermawand have to keep moving?

Place the tip of DermaWand over pimple then raise it up from the skin slightly to create a spark. Do this several times.

2. I watched the DVD that came with it and really hope it lifts my brow like it's shown in the photo ... no question about technique, I guess, since it was pretty self-explanatory, but just wondering if anyone has any insider beauty secrets to really make the eyelift go "KER-POW!" Laughing

Sorry, I don't have any "KER-POW!" tips! Just place tip of device underneath eyebrow raise and hold.

3. Not including in the DVD but mentioned in the booklet: does anyone do the dermawand on the lips to make them bigger? Just wanted to be sure there's no undesirable consequence from that.

I think this would really dry the lips out.

4. Lastly: can you use the dermawand "too much"? I used it for 15 minutes and am wondering if that was too long ... hmm

Recommended treatment time is 5 mins. I think this is because it can dry out the skin. I would just see how your skin handles it. I use mine over oil sometimes but I'm still not sure whether this is the correct thing to do. Seems to work ok though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
THANKS SO MUCH KELIU!!! That pimple is GONE! I'm thrilled!!!!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
murray28 wrote:
THANKS SO MUCH KELIU!!! That pimple is GONE! I'm thrilled!!!!!

It's so nice to see such a happy camper, you almost make me wish I would break out in at least one just so I could zap it Smile Smile Smile

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've just started getting active on the forum here after many months of reading and rereading many different threads. I've had a Dermawand for probably 10 years and have only used it a few times. Back when I got it, when I was probably early 30's, I never noticed any improvements, I didn't really need any then either though! Plus I was always and still am to some degree wanting immediate results so after using it a few times, back it went into it's fancy black velvet snap case along with the VHS tape (yep, it's an old one) into a cabinet to be ignored for a decade or more. This thread has inspired me to bring it out and use it.
In my instructions it says not to use it after applying Retin A....is that still accurate? Does anyone know why that is? If it allows the Retin A to go deeper...great. If it is for another reason altogether like the skin is too sensitive immediately after applying Retin A and I may burn myself than I don't want to take any chances.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
MoxieMama wrote:
In my instructions it says not to use it after applying Retin A....is that still accurate? Does anyone know why that is? If it allows the Retin A to go deeper...great. If it is for another reason altogether like the skin is too sensitive immediately after applying Retin A and I may burn myself than I don't want to take any chances.

That is correct - you're not supposed to use high frequency treatments with AHAs or BHAs so that would also apply to Retin-A as well. I think the reason is that it would be just too drying on the skin. However, I use my HF device in the morning and apply my Retin-A at night and don't have any issues. I wouldn't recommend doing a treatment over the Retin-A though.

Murray28 - I'm glad you managed to fix up your pimple so quickly. I'm totally convinced that high frequency treatments kill bacteria and viruses.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
MoxieMama wrote:

That is correct - you're not supposed to use high frequency treatments with AHAs or BHAs so that would also apply to Retin-A as well. I think the reason is that it would be just too drying on the skin. However, I use my HF device in the morning and apply my Retin-A at night and don't have any issues. I wouldn't recommend doing a treatment over the Retin-A though.

I'm too afraid to use the DW after I put something on my skin (such as RA, or even toner!) because I am afraid that I might be potentially oxidizing the treatment on my skin & releasing free radicals. I don't know if this is actually what happens, so if someone knows any better, please enlighten me! (Although it does seem pretty established that LAA is definitely *not* something you'd want to put on the skin beforehand.)

I've just been putting RA & other topicals on *after* the DW treatment.

I've been using my DermaWand both AM & PM-- yes, it is drying, but I am resuming the Tanaka massage & don't want to take any chances with getting a breakout. I love it, it's perfectly more than adequate, but I can't wait for my HF machine to come in the mail!!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Keliu - if you're just using the Dermawand once a day, you must be finding that to be enfu. What gadgets do you use in the evening?Right now I'm liking using it 2X/day as it has really gotten rid of the oiliness and congestion my skin had. (I'm almost ready for a roll!!)

JLM - I'm sure applying the Retin A before the Dermawand would give you LOTs of irritation. I'm sure you don't want a red face for a day or 2 afterwards with peeling following that. Not worth it. Just apply R-A post HF.

Also, make sure any toner you use doesn't have any acids in it like salicylic acid, glycolic, lactic, etc. Those are the BHAs and AHAs we're talking about. There are some other types that don't irritate(hyluronic acid), But you wouldn't find that in a toner. If you're not sure, there are some websites you can check the ingredient lists for like Paula Begoun's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Wanted to add - I figured out what gave me that red face after I used my Dermawand the first time. I had done some drybrushing before using my gadgets and swiped a Stridex pad on my face to help get rid of remaining flakes. BUT, I also rinsed my face off after doing this. I thought that would've gotten rid of any residue of BHA, but it must not have. Perhaps waiting an hour or so would've helped, but I used the wand right away. It can be the only thing that caused the redness that looked like sunburn that I can think of and I won't ever do that again!! Brick wall (Glad it wasn't the Bactrim or AALS)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:45 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Keliu - if you're just using the Dermawand once a day, you must be finding that to be enfu. What gadgets do you use in the evening?Right now I'm liking using it 2X/day as it has really gotten rid of the oiliness and congestion my skin had. (I'm almost ready for a roll!!)

In the evening I use the Slendertone Face and AALS. I use the Ultrasound once a week and the STOP once a fortnight. I also use a 0.25mm Dermaroller several nights a week and a 0.5mm once a week. In the mornings I'm using the Safetox and the high frequency device - I get tired just thinking about it all!!

Foxe, I'm glad you sorted out your red face problem - sometimes it doesn't take much to tip us over the edge!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the answers! I have used my DW twice yesterday, once before any products and then in the evening after doing a stevia mask and after applying products. I used my Origins products, Youthtopia, Brighter by Nature, and Starting Over. My skin looked awesome afterward! This morning it still looks great, which is rare for me to wake up with such a glow!
I know I'll keep using this now, plus I may be considered weird for this but I LOVE the smell of the ions! I love the smell of static too, just hate the static! LOL
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

In the evening I use the Slendertone Face and AALS. I use the Ultrasound once a week and the STOP once a fortnight. I also use a 0.25mm Dermaroller several nights a week and a 0.5mm once a week. In the mornings I'm using the Safetox and the high frequency device - I get tired just thinking about it all!!

Laughing My brain's rolling trying to figure it all out. And I don't have as many gadgets as you!! I have an Ultrasound, and haven't figured out where that fits in this picture yet and the Safetox is next on my list of gadgets to buy. Just got my .25, .5 and 1.5 rollers and need to find time for those too. This is as bad a figuring out my kids schedules when they were little with all the activities they did. Phew!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I have been searching the internet for some time trying to find out whether it is appropriate to use a high frequency device with oils. I haven't found anything except this:

US Patent 6574504 - Method for cosmetic treatment of the skin and the scalp using electromagnetic waves and essential oils

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6574504/claims.html

So I'm now satisfied that it is ok to use a high frequency device with oils.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for finding that out Keliu. I love to use my Dermawand on top of my lipid Vit C. It really glides over that really well and much better than the moisturizer provided w/ the Dermawand.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Another quick question: last night I did the following with my newly discovered possible miracle product, Hemp Seed Oil:

1. OCM with HSO and castor oil
2. Applied Skinbio's Super CP serum
3. Waited approx 30 minutes
4. Applied a few drops of HSO
5. Derma-wanded the 'you know what' outta my face.
6. Went to bed and woke up with the most awesome looking skin I've seen on myself in a long time.

Anyone see any problems with this routine? It sounds like oil has been given the go-ahead to use with the DW, so that's great. I'm mainly concerned about the CPs before using the DW but I think I waited a decent amount of time to allow the product to penetrate. All this talk of free radicals and oxidizing and whatnot makes me feel like I'm in high school chemistry all over again (which, lemme point out - I did not enjoy at the time). I don't want to do any further damage to my skin.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |