Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any Derma Wand users out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
murray28,

I bought mine before you got a DVD and in my instructions it says you can use your favorite moisturizer with it, almost all moisturizers are either a O/W or W/O emulsion depending on which it has more of water or oil. They contain oil so logically it seems that there is no reason to not use oil with the dermawand!

HTH
DM Smile Glad you had such good results!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Instructions say to glide the device over the skin in a zig-zag motion (flush with the skin). Lifting the device off the skin to cause a spark is actually called "sparking" and is to be used to treat skin imperfections like pimples and warts.

Until I find some definitive information that high frequency is counter productive, I'm going to continue using it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:03 am      Reply with quote
murray28 wrote:
Another quick question: last night I did the following with my newly discovered possible miracle product, Hemp Seed Oil:

1. OCM with HSO and castor oil
2. Applied Skinbio's Super CP serum
3. Waited approx 30 minutes
4. Applied a few drops of HSO
5. Derma-wanded the 'you know what' outta my face.
6. Went to bed and woke up with the most awesome looking skin I've seen on myself in a long time.

Anyone see any problems with this routine? It sounds like oil has been given the go-ahead to use with the DW, so that's great. I'm mainly concerned about the CPs before using the DW but I think I waited a decent amount of time to allow the product to penetrate. All this talk of free radicals and oxidizing and whatnot makes me feel like I'm in high school chemistry all over again (which, lemme point out - I did not enjoy at the time). I don't want to do any further damage to my skin.

Hi Murray,

You know, I think that I'd wait to do the CP's until after the DW, not before. I believe there's a DW guideline that says to avoid using the DW around metal objects... not sure whether this applies to something like CP's, but just to be safe...

(Could you update later on how you're liking those CP's? Very Happy )

Using HO on your skin before the DW sounds like a very good idea. The natural antioxidants in the HO will reduce your skin's exposure to the free radicals that are generated by the ozone.

(I have not been using any sort of oil/cream on my skin before my DW sessions myself & my skin is peeling in places, which I actually don't mind since the spots I was targeting are healing nicely. I'm not too sure, at this point, whether I will do a whole face DW treatment, given the free radical question & others, but if I were, I'd definitely use something that has a lot of vitamin C & E in it.)

And I'm not liking the science too much either-- but I *do* want to have a better idea how the DW works, and whether it *might* cause damage in the long term. Which I'd like to avoid.
murray28
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Hi Murray,

You know, I think that I'd wait to do the CP's until after the DW, not before. I believe there's a DW guideline that says to avoid using the DW around metal objects... not sure whether this applies to something like CP's, but just to be safe...

(Could you update later on how you're liking those CP's? Very Happy )

Using HO on your skin before the DW sounds like a very good idea. The natural antioxidants in the HO will reduce your skin's exposure to the free radicals that are generated by the ozone.

(I have not been using any sort of oil/cream on my skin before my DW sessions myself & my skin is peeling in places, which I actually don't mind since the spots I was targeting are healing nicely. I'm not too sure, at this point, whether I will do a whole face DW treatment, given the free radical question & others, but if I were, I'd definitely use something that has a lot of vitamin C & E in it.)

And I'm not liking the science too much either-- but I *do* want to have a better idea how the DW works, and whether it *might* cause damage in the long term. Which I'd like to avoid.

So far I'd say the cps are a mixed bag. I think I've been using them for, oh, 2, maybe 3 weeks? I mainly wanted to tackle my jawline and all the bumps/congested pores there (which I'm now convinced are from hormonal acne ... ohhh, getting an idea to start a new thread). I haven't noticed a significant difference there so far. However, I did have a few depressed scars higher up on my cheeks and the cps seem to heal those up nicely - the depressions are becoming lifted and I notice much less of a "shadow" than I did before.

Since I started out with a sampler pack of different cps (the skinbiology acne scar kit), I'll go ahead and finish them (I'm thinking there's enough product for approximately two months?) so I'll have a much better idea then.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:

All the instructions for high frequency treatments say to remove metal objects from the body before commencing treatment. I presumed that this was to avoid electric shock. I'm not sure how that would relate to CPs. Obviously CPs contain copper - but I would think it doubtful that they'd cause an electric shock but whether there would be any other adverse effect I really don't know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I must say you have all inspired me to drag mine out of hiding and get back to using it as of this morning! I found it quite enjoyable to treat myself and used it with a Burt Bees serum it just made my pores even more refined and my skin glow! THANKS TO ALL!

I have always left my jewelery on (silver) hmm I guess I better reconsider that for my own good! Smile

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I have always left my jewelery on (silver) hmm I guess I better reconsider that for my own good! Smile

I leave mine on too! I would take me half the day to take it all off and put it all back on again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I leave mine on too! I would take me half the day to take it all off and put it all back on again!

LOL That's my issue also, I am bad and even sleep in most of mine, earrings excluded they tend to get on my nerves if I try and sleep with them in!

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I read this whole thread...Phew...but I have a couple of questions. I saw that the Dermawand is contraindicated for people with broken capillaries. I have rosacea and I have several red veins on my cheeks so I'm wondering if I could still use the the machine on other areas of my face?? Any thoughts? I certainly don't want to make my face look worse!

Also, people mentioned the growth of facial hair... I have that peach fuzz on my face...do you think it would make that worse? TIA

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Girls, I am getting to feel I know you all having pretty much read my way around this site since a few days ago when I joined, but this has played havoc with eye bags Shock

Having purchased the STOP I found this site whilst searching for reviews, then I found you all wowing the LightStim, so I ordered that, it is now in UK customs Rolling Eyes so hopefully will be with me soon. I also bought a Derma roller & did that 2 days ago. You girls sure are making my credit card feel really worn out. But my beauty arsenal of gadgets has certainly grown thanks to you all Cool

Today I am researching the Derma Wand, & can find only 2 sites selling in he UK Sad neither of which look too good. One lot send from Germany (TV shopping) & the other site looks a bit dodgy. Derma Wand U.S.A. don't seem to offer shipping to the UK Sad The 2 currently on eBay are used Sad & come from Germany, I don't want a used one. Any thoughts?

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:17 am      Reply with quote
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/compare/derma+wand

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/skin-care/derma-wand/

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Dark Moon, thanks for the links, but I had already been through those, the my vouchers one takes you to wands of...eh... mmm... a different type Shock Embarassed

The Doo site took me back to the used ones on eBay - so no joy Sad , but thanks for trying.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:
Dark Moon, thanks for the links, but I had already been through those, the my vouchers one takes you to wands of...eh... mmm... a different type Shock Embarassed

The Doo site took me back to the used ones on eBay - so no joy Sad , but thanks for trying.

Sorry, I'm in the US and that's all I found. Hopefully later someone from your side of the ocean can give you better directions. Smile

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to go off-topic, but Keliu, I noticed in your signature that you're using Bellaire Ultrasound device-- do you feel that has positively impacted any hyperpigmention issues?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:34 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Sorry to go off-topic, but Keliu, I noticed in your signature that you're using Bellaire Ultrasound device-- do you feel that has positively impacted any hyperpigmention issues?

No! I think ultrasound is supposed to tighten and tone the skin. I only use it once a week (which is what is recommended in the instructions) - can't say I've seen any improvement from using it. I don't think I've ever seen ultrasound linked to any reduction in hyperpigmentation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu,

I was thinking of this study below when I asked about whether the ultrasound device had any effect on hyperpigmentation.

(But I'm actually sort of glad to hear that your device has not had any effect-- saves me some $$!)

Ultrasound enhanced skin-lightening effect of vitamin C and niacinamide.

Hakozaki T, Takiwaki H, Miyamoto K, Sato Y, Arase S.

Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan. hakozaki.t.1@pg.com

BACKGROUND/PURPOSE: Cutaneous hyperpigmentation occurs in multiple conditions. There is a strong need for the improvement of hyperpigmentation especially among Asian women. However, the effect of existing skin-lightening agents is not sufficient. One reason attributes to the limited capability of active agents to be delivered transepidermally. Ultrasound is one promising approach to enhance transepidermal transport. In this work, we investigate the effect of the use of high-frequency ultrasound together with coupling gel containing skin-lightening agents (ascorbyl glucoside and niacinamide) on facial hyperpigmentation in vivo in Japanese women. METHODS: The effect of ultrasound on the absorption of skin-lightening agents into the stratum corneum was evaluated in a tape-stripping method on human forearms in vivo. The skin efficacy was assessed in a facial clinical trial involving 60 subjects with hyperpigmentation in a paired design. Subjects were assigned to two groups, each group using two treatments (one on each facial cheek): (1) skin-lightening gel with ultrasound vs. no treatment or (2) skin-lightening gel with ultrasound vs. skin-lightening gel treatment. Changes in facial hyperpigmentation were objectively quantified by computer analysis and visual grading of high-resolution digital images of the face in addition to the subjective assessment via questionnaire. RESULTS: Ultrasound radiation enhanced the absorption of skin-lightening agents in the stratum corneum in a radiation-time-dependent manner. In the facial clinical trial, use of ultrasound radiation together with the skin-lightening gel significantly reduced facial hyperpigmented spots compared with both no treatment and skin-lightening gel alone after 4 weeks. CONCLUSIONS: The data suggest that use of high-frequency ultrasound radiation together with skin-lightening gel is effective to reduce hyperpigmentation via enhancing transepidermal transport of skin-lightening agents.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Yes, that's right - I'd forgot that it's supposed to aid in the penetration of products. Dr Fernandez (the skin needling expert) recommends using an ultrasound in addition to the dermarolling for product penetration.

I don't know that much about dealing with hyperpigmentation - my daughter battles with it and there doesn't seem to be anything that works wonders.

I'm not going to tell you not to buy an ultrasound because I love using all my gadgets regardless of whether I think they're doing anything or not. Results can never come quick enough for me - but then I'm 60 and going down hill fast! I do know though that my skin is in much better condition now than before I discovered the world of gadgets.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:12 am      Reply with quote
keliu wrote:
Yes, that's right - I'd forgot that it's supposed to aid in the penetration of products. Dr Fernandez (the skin needling expert) recommends using an ultrasound in addition to the dermarolling for product penetration.

Do you think he means to use an ultrasound right after a dermaroll? (And I'm thinking the short needle type here). I was actually thinking about doing this, so it's interesting to see you mention this, Keliu.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:14 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
I noticed that I've recently been getting blackheads on my acne-prone areas (cheeks & chin)-- which is a huge improvement over the cystic acne that I'm prone to getting-- but it's been since I've been doing the indirect method, using my own homemade serum. I've used both red palm oil & vit C (my first time using it) and hempseed oil & vit C. Could it be that it's oxidation that I'm seeing? It could also be that red palm oil doesn't agree with me, but I wonder... At least these blackheads are relatively easy to extract.

Have you been using a L-AA version of Vit C?

I have used a lipid version of Vit C with no residual blackheads arising from combining it with my Dermawand. I have the 302 C Boost.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:42 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
JLM wrote:
I noticed that I've recently been getting blackheads on my acne-prone areas (cheeks & chin)-- which is a huge improvement over the cystic acne that I'm prone to getting-- but it's been since I've been doing the indirect method, using my own homemade serum. I've used both red palm oil & vit C (my first time using it) and hempseed oil & vit C. Could it be that it's oxidation that I'm seeing? It could also be that red palm oil doesn't agree with me, but I wonder... At least these blackheads are relatively easy to extract.

I have used a lipid version of Vit C with no residual blackheads arising from combining it with my Dermawand. I have the 302 C Boost.

Yes, I have been using L-AA, even though people in this thread have specifically said that L-AA would cause blackheads! I suppose I just wanted to see what would happen.

I really don't understand why the oxidation of L-AA would cause blackheads, versus the oxidation of say, MAP. Can anyone explain? But in any case, I will switch over to MAP and see whether things change.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Do you think he means to use an ultrasound right after a dermaroll? (And I'm thinking the short needle type here). I was actually thinking about doing this, so it's interesting to see you mention this, Keliu.

No - I think he means to use it just as an adjunct to the dermaroll treatments.

SkinDeep38 - I've tried just about everything to lift my jowls - and so far nothing has made a real visible improvement. But even though I try everything, I have a bit of a negative opinion in regard to non-invasive skin lifting. Realistically, I think the only thing that works is surgery. However, maybe without all the devices I use, my jowls would be down around my knees - so keep on keeping on I say!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
too funny... Very Happy

Yeah, those sagging jowls are very depressing!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
SkinDeep38 wrote:
too funny... Very Happy

Yeah, those sagging jowls are very depressing!

LOL For me it's the dreaded droopy lids! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
JLM wrote:

Hi foxe,
Did you ever bump up the C Boost with LAA? I actually did and am using it = alternating with my regular L-AA Kassy DIY formula. I just never felt like it did anything before - for me anyway.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Hi foxe,
Did you ever bump up the C Boost with LAA? I actually did and am using it = alternating with my regular L-AA Kassy DIY formula. I just never felt like it did anything before - for me anyway.

I do use a L-AA occasionally. I recieved some crystals w/ my dermarollers. But, I also like how the C Boost works for me. I've noticed some speedy healing of blemishes when I was still overcoming them a couple mos back. I may not see so much improvement like that now since my face is pretty clear.

I just got a compliment on my skin from an esty at a salon. She even said it doesn't look dehydrated anymore. That's a good thing! (This is where I go for Botox, so she saw me every 3-4 mos last year) Guess my 302 experiment last year had more bad going for it than just the breakouts. At least I like the C Boost from them!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |