Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Any Derma Wand users out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I've been using my DW fairly regularly again. I'm trying to zap away my crow's feet. This week, I've been holding the DW away from the crow's feet and letting it zap away for about 5 seconds. It burns slightly. Not too bad. Do you think this is a good idea or not? THANK YOU! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:31 am      Reply with quote
OOOOOOOOOO! Mars, you are brave, but maybe this is the way to go. What has been the effect on your crow's feet after you have done this?

My worry with zapping the eye area would be that is would dry out my crow's feet since this is the method for drying out spots. Did your eye area feel dry after zapping? Please keep us informed of results as the days progress.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Cooking Katy, Since I've only been using this technique on my crow's feet for less than a week, I don't see any improvement yet. My c's feet are a deep red when I finish, but that redness fades pretty quickly. I use hemp oil before I zap, so I do not get a dry feeling. Also, I use hemp oil all over my face (except my T zone where my pores are BIG!) when I use my dermawand.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,
Does anyone know how to clean down the sides of the derma wand bulb? I bought one not that long ago and made the mistake of using a but to much cream on my face which has gunked up the sides of the derma wand and gone a bit black and horrid I can't get it out and don't want to buy another one it seems to have reduced the strength of the red head zapper part. thanks:)
I've tried sliding paper down the sides that hasn't worked.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Just give it a wipe with kitchen paper, dampened with soapy water, not wet, of course. Even a squirt on kitchen towel with alcohol should be fine. I wipe it after every use, as I'm prone to spots, even after the DW!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
J12

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that, I should of explained better, there is gunk down below the visible plastic head that sticks up - right into the internal dermawand...has anyone had this problem and been able to clean it?
havana8

Thu May 20, 2010 10:42 am      Reply with quote
re-posting for brentdoerner

brentdoerner wrote:
I found a clinical study of the Derma Wand at their website.
Here is the study:
https://www.dermawand.com/clinical.html

It appears to be very effective!
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Since finding this site I have really only changed two things - I started using the OCM and when my "purge" started, I bought a Dermawand. It's been about three weeks using the OCM and I'm still getting the occasional cystic acne spot popping up, but I just zap it a couple of times a day with my DW and it's completely gone within 3-4 days (and these things used to hang around for months). I'm not sure if it's doing anything about my fairly minimal wrinkles (I'm turning 40 this fall, so my wrinkles aren't that bad), but for it's zit zapping ability I give the DW a huge thumbs up! Dancing
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
This is a "please" start new threads on those using a gadget that is similar to the DermaWand. I am a bit confused trying to seperate all the different gadgets. Let us know where you purchased it, costs, etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
This is a "please" start new threads on those using a gadget that is similar to the DermaWand. I am a bit confused trying to seperate all the different gadgets. Let us know where you purchased it, costs, etc.

I second that.

I just purchased the Derma Wand, waiting for it to arrive and will purchase the Lightstim. I am lost with all these pages. I think I am on page 5 on this thread Very Happy
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my Derma Wand with some goodies.
Do any of you use these products at all and are they any good? These are:

Hydra Infusion
Skin Mist
Pre-face
Hydra Support
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've only had my DW for a month or so and I actually forgot that it came with the products... I've mainly been using it as a zit zapper, but maybe I'll have to give the products a try...
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
laellis wrote:
I've only had my DW for a month or so and I actually forgot that it came with the products... I've mainly been using it as a zit zapper, but maybe I'll have to give the products a try...

I will only use the pre-Face (the gel) for now and when I run out of it, I will use the others.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:05 am      Reply with quote
LOL!!!
This thing does lift the eyelid! better than botox!! Razz
havana8

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

The Professional High Frequency Devices discussion has been moved to its own thread. If you wish to follow that discussion, you may find it here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38630 .
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Frodo wrote:

The Professional High Frequency Devices discussion has been moved to its own thread. If you wish to follow that discussion, you may find it here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38630 .

Wow Hanana8, that must have taken you hours and hours. Thank you sooooooooooooo much for doing this. Bj

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
So, here is my take after 2 days of using this wonderful little thing.

I have used it on a low settings, max 3 since I still can get used to the higher ones.

I saw an immediate reduction on a little lump the size of a pea I have on my jaw line, which is, I've been told by doctors a salivary gland little rock and it is surrounded by scar tissue as seen by CT scans, MIR's and ultrasounds. It is not a tumor nor cancer and I am glad about it. I will have surgery to remove it next month.

Anyway, after I did the Dermawand on it, I saw an incredible amount of reduction on size for the surrounding area and also under my chin. I saw that my eyelids are moving more towards the ceiling. I have a lot of fat under my eyebrows and seem better now. I also used it on my chest and funny thing I saw this morning like a little indentation !!!. I used it overall as the manual and CD illustrates,

One bad thing and I won't use it there are anymore my marionette lines that seem more profound.

So, my conclusion is that is a good lymph massage and it works on areas that we need to reduce fat deposits like: jowls, under the chin and to lift the eyebrows. I hope the effect of the eyebrows lasts or gets better as I use it more and more.
I won't use it on my neck nor on my chest as I saw that little indentation (no biggie) that I did not have before.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I caved and bought a Dermawand! Smile

I am hoping it will help with some pesky acne that keeps popping up in my chin area. It should arrive next week sometime.

For anyone who is interested just an FYI, it's $59.95 for the Dermawand and kit with free shipping at HSN currently.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
This is a "please" start new threads on those using a gadget that is similar to the DermaWand. I am a bit confused trying to separate all the different gadgets. Let us know where you purchased it, costs, etc.

I don't know whether it's really necessary to have a separate thread for each high frequency tool - because they all work on the same principle, the only difference is in power (hertz) output.

These gadgets can be known by several names, which does tend to confuse the issue. High Frequency Wands can be known as Violet Ray or D'Arsonval Wands and other brand names. But, essentially they are all the same. The DermaWand (and similar gadgets) are unsophisticated, compact, reasonably priced home-use tools. The Violet Ray, D'Arsonval, High Frequency Wands usually have interchangeable glass heads for different purposes. They are more expensive and more powerful. Some also come with a choice of gas (either Neon or Argon) in the glass heads.

My advice would be to buy the best device (in terms of power) that you can afford. I have the one from Palacia which I really recommend. It has an output of 200,000 hertz - which, supposedly, puts it in the professional category.

However, regardless of which device you choose - the high frequency ozone therapy will be beneficial. HTH. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Duhhh!!! I just realised that Havanah started another thread. Anyway, hope my explanation above clears some things up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have to worst luck - my replacement Dermawand broke already. This was 4 months after I recieved it,which is a better record than the one week with the first one.

I do like my wand and can give good reports on the customer service from Dermawand since they are replacing this one. I had the first replaced right away and did not need to return the defective one. This time, I did have to send the bad one back at my cost.

While I like using the wand and am happy with it, I am now seriously considering a more powerful (and hopefully, more reliable) high frequency machine. Perhaps the one you use would fit that bill, Keliu?

I have to find that other thread you've mentioned now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
The other thread is here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38630

The Palacia device is an excellent one and their customer service is also very good.

If you're really committed to high frequency treatments, I would try to get a refund on your Dermawand and invest in the Palacia device.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
That's really sad Foxe, it makes me wonder if their quality has really dropped as I have mine for about 6 maybe more years and it's still plugging away!
I am still tempted to up the power with the one Kelilu recommends above but not due to the Dermawand breaking! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
That's really sad Foxe, it makes me wonder if their quality has really dropped as I have mine for about 6 maybe more years and it's still plugging away!
I am still tempted to up the power with the one Kelilu recommends above but not due to the Dermawand breaking! Rolling Eyes

I wonder too. I'll probably keep this one around for travel - it's the perfect size. And then I'll invest in the Palacia that Keliu uses.

Keliu-thanks for the link. I didn't have time to find it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:26 am      Reply with quote
On the subject of portability: I've also kept my DermaWand for travel purposes. But having to make a trip recently, I decided I couldn't bear to leave the Palacia HF behind. As I always travel with a carry on wheelie backpack that holds my laptop, I just slipped it in with that. The Palacia case is reasonably compact and the device is well protected.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |