Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Let's talk bra...!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:23 am      Reply with quote
I just discovered:
1. I'd been wearing the wrong size for years.
2. The right size not only will enhance your chest with your bra on, but also leaves your bust shape improved (rounder) when the bra is off.

I was huge when I was pregnant with both my boys, so when I lost all the weight you can imagine the hollow balloon effect (gross, I know). They didn't improve even with exercise, and I thought I was doomed with sagging breasts forever until I decided to get resized.

I was pleasantly surprised the first time I took my new bra off at the end of the day that my breasts stayed perky and round. And this is cumulative, that today, after about 6 months of totally wearing my proper size, my nips are finally looking up (or forward, at least Laughing ) instead of down, and the upper chest area is actually filled in, and all this without surgery!

Anyone else discovered the same?

btw since we're talking bra,what's your favourite make/design? Mine's anything demi (3-quarter cup) lightly padded and underwired. I don't spend lavishly on bras I use for every day but I never buy ones that are too cheap.

What's yours? Do share! Bad Grin
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:39 am      Reply with quote
I am envious. Being an almost AA cup, I really missed out so instead of checking out which way mine are pointing, I am still trying to find them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:43 am      Reply with quote
*laughs at the topic* So we finally got to discussing bras.

A good bra is so important, both fit and texture IMO. Which is a good one...I like Bendon and Sista!. The latter is a more teenager-younger brand, but they have some nicely designed bras at reasonable prices.

My personal peeve, the deviation in sizing between different brands. *grrr*
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:47 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I am envious. Being an almost AA cup, I really missed out so instead of checking out which way mine are pointing, I am still trying to find them.

Laughing You are so funny, bushy!!! In my turn I am full of envy of the ladies without my kind of 'burden' which with the passing of time is in need of proper maintenance (to prevent them from pointing south Sad )!! I have tried the 'corrective' bras for a while and COULD NOT STAND THEM !!! Still on the look out for good ones .....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:08 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
Anyone else discovered the same?

yep! and it was quite distressing. i prided myself on being the same size round (32 inches) since 8th grade. cup size changed, but 32 remained.... as i put on a bit of weight, i finally conceded that i was a 33 -- so i bought a 34.... now, with too much food in paris and inactivity (other than walking) and all whilst my elbow's healing, i'm a whopping 38! it's not that i've developed fat on my back -- simply that the girls have grown such that they need the 38 cup Sad as sad as the fact is, wearing the proper size is imperative. my goal in the new year is to get these puppies back down!

absolute favourite bra is Lejaby (cup size is very generous). i am currently wearing Gemma, but that was only because they didn't have Lejaby in my size. it definitely does not look as nice or wear as nice as Lejaby. i also quite like Wolford.... mind you, none of these are cheap, but it's the one thing i won't skinp on. i also usually have onle two or three bras in rotation at any given time -- they all last forever with a little TLC. what all these bras have in common is underwire and a soft full breast microfiber cup, allowing for my naturally round breasts to settle in (too many insist on nipple space that i can't fill). no padding. no seams to irritate. not particularly attractive or sexy on their own, but work beautifully under t-shirts and sweaters alike.

i can't wear lace or frou-frou bras because my sensitive skin gets irritated. padding would topple me over (i'm in danger naturally as it is). 3/4 bras have me spilling out very unattractively.

that said -- bushy, i am sooooooooooooooooooo jealous!!!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I seem to acculmulate bras that once fit that no longer do so. After switching bcp I went from a 32B to a 32A. I usually just buy my bras from Victoria's Secret because I get coupons and they're pretty good quality. And they have lots of styles to chose from. I have a ton of barely worn bras that I'd like to give to someone. I should just donate them to Goodwill or something!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I'm really good about getting sized once a year at a premium lingerie boutique. I'm now spoiled and hate trying on department brands because it takes dozens of fittings.

I also love having the SA select bras because not all bras are made the same. Sort of like trying on a pair of jeans, manufacturers have certain fits.

I would say half my bras are really high-end, Perla, etc. but the other half are Victoria's Secret. I do notice that my high-end bras last longer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I got measured for the first time ever a few months ago and yep I've been wearing the wrong size. The only bra I truely like is this one style from Calvin Klein. It's so hard to find but I've hated everything else I've tried. Now, at $30-40 a piece these bras seem high end to me. I've never heard of the names of the high end bras mentioned in this thread. Where can I find stuff like this?

Also, how do you wash your nice bras? I hand wash mine with Woolite but after awhile they don't really seem to get clean anymore.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm older but still haven't found the perfect bra. I'm large (42C after weight loss) and could use support but I hate underwire. I've never bought a real expensive one just the typical brands. I like one that are seamless, they need slight padding because I am Pointed Embarassed . I can't wear button shirts.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Misha wrote:
...Also, how do you wash your nice bras? I hand wash mine with Woolite but after awhile they don't really seem to get clean anymore.

I wash mine in Woolite, too, but I get a nailbrush and brush the straps and underwires lightly once in a while. I wonder how others do it.

Also, I store them both cups facing up, laid one on top of another in the drawer.
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I used to hand wash my bras but I have been very lazy...and I'll just put them in the laundry net bag and let the washer do the job. Confused lazy me!

My bra size is 34B and sometimes 32C. It depends on what brand I get. At Victoria's Secret, I normally choose 34B. I also got my bras from Calvin Klein, Wacoal, Triumph, Kyra, Esprit & Bonds. I love VS and CK's bras. They're the most comfortable.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I will never wear anything but cosabella ever again! best bras EVER (imho!). For small boobies at least.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Waffle: I looked at the Cosabella site. The bras look really nice, that is my favorite "cut" but they all seem to be underwire. I only wear underwire for special occasions because I never found one that didn't pinch (we ar all different shapes and wire do not really give much). Are these really comfortable or are you just used to the feel of underwires?
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Sharky - I have Cosabella too and really love them. Unfortunately, if you're blessed with large breasts - I think you have to live with underwire and broad straps .. it's the only way to get the support you need.

It might change your mind if you can find a good lingerie shop to size and try on a few bras. I remember my first underwires .... always poking me. but I swear the higher end bras aren't like that. The straps will eventually lose elasticity before any underwire rips through.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I really hate wearing bras, I have tried them all, underwires dig into my ribs and non wired still leave me uncomfortable.
I love the vest tops with a built in crop top/bra, OK for during the daytime (I'm 34C) and I put up with Bras for evenings.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Waffle: I looked at the Cosabella site. The bras look really nice, that is my favorite "cut" but they all seem to be underwire. I only wear underwire for special occasions because I never found one that didn't pinch (we ar all different shapes and wire do not really give much). Are these really comfortable or are you just used to the feel of underwires?

Sharky, all their cuts are pretty flattering so you might want to branch out a bit. I prefer balconnet style but they do have an underwire. I find them really confortable -- but I also have a lot of their soft bras -- try the Talco one with the changeable straps. It's still very supportive (for smaller breasts). Let me know if you have any questions about a particular one or sizing...I used to work in a lingerie boutique so I know lots about them (you can always PM me)

I would also recommend On Gossamer.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
actually sharky, I just looked back at your post and you don't want to do cosabella. Their cup sizes are pinned to the band size, so you wouldn't be able to fit your measurements. Cosabella only has 5 sizes, biggest being around a 36-38 C-D, and most people in that range don't find the bras supportive enough. I would really recommend cosabella only for 32-36 B-C.

Maybe look at Le Mystere? They are nice bras but come in many more sizes (they run large).

try ordering from Nordstrom since their return policy is so great, and they have a good selection.
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I really hate that all the manufacturers seem at the moment to be obsessed with padding and 'push you up'. We don't all want that. If you have fairly large breasts, you need a firm fabric (IMO), but not padding. All I can find in my size is padded or flimsy material (no support, shows everything). And I absolutely hate that 'jiggle' - I want a bra that stops that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Cesce wrote:
I really hate that all the manufacturers seem at the moment to be obsessed with padding and 'push you up'. We don't all want that. If you have fairly large breasts, you need a firm fabric (IMO), but not padding. All I can find in my size is padded or flimsy material (no support, shows everything). And I absolutely hate that 'jiggle' - I want a bra that stops that.

try the new (double-lined) Lejaby full coverage Nuage bra. it won't completely irradicate the jiggle, but it will keep it in check. it's very supportive and comfortable.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
For all of you who say you hate underwire, you really should try and get a proper measuring/fitting done first. I use to hate underwire bras because I would get bruises from it, and then I found out I was wearing the wrong size (too small in this case). Embarassed
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Once you have worn bras that fit perfectly you don't want to go back. Most people wear too large a back and too smaller cup so it's definitely worth going to a proper fitter. I am a Rigby and Peller girl. They cost a lot but are sooooooo worth it. And they go down to a 30 (I think even a 2Cool so getting a 30D is no problem and fits perfectly.

I had been trying the 'sexier' lines like Myla etc but they don't give you the same sort of support and really don't last long (keeping their shape, they shrink etc) considering how much they cost. I do like French lines like Aubade, Simone Perele and Lejaby. But they don't go down to a 30 though sometimes the 32s fit, depends on the style.

I did have about 20 bras but after reading recently that you should replace all your bras after a year (!!!? how much money do these people think we have) have whittled it down to 10 but definitely I have 5 which are my favourites (all Rigby and Peller). I did also try Freya which do go down to a 30 and much cheaper than Rigby and Peller but after a few washes they don't look as good whilst the former still look the same.

For washing, I soak and wash in handwash stuff I use for cashmere, but one of the best things I've found for washing both bras and knickers is this small bottle they sell in French lingerie shops, some sort of powder.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, Geez....

This topic is so alien to me after 5 years of nursing my kiddos. I wear a nice lovely, sports bra type of nursing bra. Boring style, boring color. I can't wait for the day when I can chuck these things and get sexier once again. Of course, by then, my boobs will be down to my knees...
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
This topic is a sore spot for me. I need a lot of support, I'm a 34D and I look for seamless underwired for a 'natural' look (- which is actually deeply deceptive since my 'actual' natural look is pretty National Geographic).

There is one comfortable bra by triumph which does the job, and it is so plain, so unfussy, and that fact, combined with the industrial strength haulage system that it actually is, makes me feel utterly
unglamorous.

I'd love to find a truly supportive seam free bra that also looks pretty or comes in a colour that isnt Black, White or Neutral.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
36C here

years ago I was introduced to victoria secret
body by victoria shaping full coverage bra.
normally, i wouldn't go for a (slightly) padded bra,
and would certainly prefer not to use underwire
( - I actually had to feel my bra just now - didn't remember it was an underwire).

after trying them on i was sold.
they were a bit pricey (for me) at 40$ a pop, so these days i purchase the same style thru an ebay vendor.
feels/looks/wears like the same bra to me - at a fraction of the cost (= more colors for the girls).
they are very comfortable. the slight padding is nice for me,
enhances my 46 yo cleavage and looks great with lower cut shirts.
tina7006
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite place to buy my bra is Victorias Secret online. Comparing infamous French Lace bras, I prefer Victoria's lace anyday...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |