Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyelash Curlers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Are they bad for your lashes, do they damage them if used everyday? What is a good brand? Tarte?
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I bought one from Blinc and it's battery operated. I personally like it better than the old fashion type and i usually use it after i put on mascara...so far i have not had any issues with my eyelashes.
Trish

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
momtwin1998, Carekate did a very extensive review of eyelash curlers a few weeks ago. A search should bring it up. Tarte is pretty good (I tried it after reading the review). Seems as safe as aything else done in the name of beauty...
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I love Shu Uemura. Curls my Asian eyelashes in seconds...that's the reason why it's legendary. Very Happy
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I have short Asian lashes but I must say that I don't notice a difference in curl between Revlon, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Japonesque and Kevin Aucoin.

I do notice a huge difference in the brands using silicone pads.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
momtwin1998, Carekate did a very extensive review of eyelash curlers a few weeks ago.
Here's the link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16275&highlight=eyelash+curlers I still stand by my reccomendations for the Tarte Picture Perfect EyeLash curler and Panasonic Heated EyeLash curler, both of which I'm still using on a daily basis....

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
shiseido made in japan.
perfectly made for my eyes, can't live without it!

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
ljung
5% products discount

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I do a lash perm every 6-8 weeks. Works great!! I don't need an eyelash curler any more. I tint them with 1000 hour tint in between. So, no mascara either. Works well for me.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
ljung wrote:
I do a lash perm every 6-8 weeks. Works great!! I don't need an eyelash curler any more. I tint them with 1000 hour tint in between. So, no mascara either. Works well for me.

You are lucky to find a person who does a good lash perm. I still have luck in my neighborhood Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Shiseido, Shu Uemura and RMK. They are all very good. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:52 am      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
ljung wrote:

You are lucky to find a person who does a good lash perm. I still have luck in my neighborhood Sad

I 2nd that emotion, if I could find someone that actually was SKILLED in the art of lash perming, I'd probably give it another try (after my first, DIASTEROUS foray into the realm of lash perming). I keep meaning to order a lash perming kit to do at home and practice with the perm rods to get the hang of it before doing it for real but there aren't enough hours in the day anymore.... Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier...for sure ! It look a bit like a tweezer wit flat ends . Ist made to be able to curl the eyelashes by section . If you want to curl the end only to have a retro style this one is the BEST...
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Went and bought the Shiseido last weekend, love it! I tried comparing it to the Shu Uemura and I couldn't tell the difference and teh girl at Sephora told me basically they were the exact same curlers since they were produced from the same company. Not sure if that's true though, she just said get the Shiseido since it was cheaper it being the same curlers. I also like my Blinc heated curler.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Shiseido is wonderful! I can't believe I used Revlon for all these years thinking all eyelash curlers were created equal. tsk tsk. Now I know better! Never tried the Shu, but from all the reviews, imagine it's very similar to shiseido.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Kevyn Aucoin curler more than Shu!
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Another fan of eyelash perming! I'm a recent convert and can't believe it, I was useless with eyelash curlers, couldn't be bothered. Now I don't use mascara either, not even when I go out.

The lady who does mine is a very skilled Japanese lady. From what I understand from my prior investigations, here in the UK at least the salons just use curlers but she used these and then picked each one individually (using something that is like a very thin wooden toothpick). I suspect you need to find someone Japanese (or Korean where apparently that technique is from) to get a good result.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Asian and live in Hawaii and San Francisco (lots of Asians). I'd be interested in an eyelash perm - but everyone I've seen ... the lashes are too curly at first, then become a maintenance hassle as the curl or eyelashes drop.

Has anyone seen good results for short skimpy Asian lashes?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:07 am      Reply with quote
I had good perm results when I used to live in LA. I went to a chinese lady in Monterey Park (lots of chinese there). The perm lasted 2-3 months for me each time.

After I moved to Northern Cal, I only tried once with a cantonese lady and it was bad. I had similar experience with carekate. I was at a new chinese salon the other day. I asked the owner about lash perm. She looked at my lashes and said she would rather not take money because she knew the results would not be good. At least she was very honest Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
II was at a new chinese salon the other day. I asked the owner about lash perm. She looked at my lashes and said she would rather not take money because she knew the results would not be good. At least she was very honest Sad

Wow ... that IS really great. Better than getting it done and being really unhappy with her. I have a feeling I can't get good results with my lashes right now - but since I'm using Carekate's Lush Lashes - who knows in 2 months?

5% products discount

Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

What do these entail? The word "Perm" and "Eyelashes" make me want to squeeze my eyes shut Wink
ljung
5% products discount

Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
I actually do it myself. There are these little cylindrical sticky "rods"--sort of like the stick part of a Q-tip. You roll the eyelashes up on it, making sure they are straight--not crossing or stick together (VERY important), and then apply the perm solution. You wait 10-15 minutes and then netralize them. Next you condition, and then voila! Curled lashes. It was pretty inexpensive as I recall. I ordered the kit online. I'll try to figure out where. I never had a bad experience--sounds like I got lucky. My lashes have always ben short and thin, so this helps them look a little better.
whitedewy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
shiseido
mwilson569
5% products discount

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I always heard Shu umuera is the best -Melissa.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |