Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MAC eye makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
A few days ago I came across a MAC store. I was having such a bad day that I thought I'd treat myself to having my makeup done. I didn't buy any of the eye stuff that she used because I already had similar colors just not MAC stuff. On the way home, my bad day returned to me and I started crying. I was trying not to ruin the makeup but I just needed to let it out. My makeup should have been destroyed but it wasn't. I couldn't tell a difference at all. I absolutely have to have whatever made that possible!

I only wear eye makeup for special nights out. I wear contacts and everything I've tried irritates them and I end up looking like a raccoon before the day's over. And lately, I've had a hard time finding contacts that don't irritate my eyes even without makeup. So I figured eye makeup was a lost cause. But that day I was bawling and rubbing my eyes and the makeup stayed put. Maybe I've just never used good makeup but I was completely shocked.

Here's what she used on my eyes.
Luna CCB - primer
Shroom, All that Glitters, Cork - eyeshadows
Fast Response Eye cream
Select Cover Up NW20 - under eye concealer
Mascara X
Fix and Spray - sets makeup

So, I'm thinking the primer, mascara and Fix and Spray are the ones that made the makeup stay? Or maybe the shadows and concealer are just made to stay put even through big crying sessions? Can someone put me to that "magic" product(s) that she used? Thanks!
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I work at MAC so hopefully I can help you out. I am surprised the cream color base stayed on you! Usually the products that work for me as the most long wearing are Prep and Prime Eye, Lash, Lips and Face. I don't know if she used any of these primer products on you but they work like a charm! Liquid last liners are the most waterproof. I prefer to use the Powerpoint pencils on myself tho. The new mascara Loud Lash is a great waterproof made for everyday wear. When I use these products my makeup doesn't budge.
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry it's taken so long to reply to you and thank you for your help. I've been having computer issues but I think everything's okay now.

She didn't use any Prep and Prime stuff. The only primer she used anywhere was the Luna CCB. I wasn't really tugging on my lids too much but I expected the shadow to be smeared at least a little bit. The mascara should've been down to my chin. She used a shadow as an eye liner so it definately wasn't liquid. She also used a lot of the Fix and Spray. She sprayed me several times throughout the process. I wonder if that helped?

Is the Loud Lash gentle? I wore the Mascara X the other night and I was surprised that it didn't bother me one bit. It didn't feel heavy or flake. I forgot I had it on which never happens when I wear mascara but one that's waterproof would be nice.

Thanks again for your help and pruduct rec's.
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am quite surprised the Mascara X stayed on you after crying. I have trouble with my eyes watering in the wind and X will definitely smudge on me. It looks wonderful tho! It is a lovely mascara. For the smudging reason I wear Loud Lash but you will need an oil based cleanser to take it off. It is made so you can wear it everyday with out drying out your lashes. I find my eyes like it well and probably it is more gentle for me than X as it doesn't have the rose fragrance.
Fix + helps the makeup stay on but for longevity I always opt for the primers with a finish of Fix+ at the end.
Also, a little trick some artists use is dusting some Light Blot Powder over your Eyeshadow base and then over your eyeshadow at the end (but before your mascara of course!)
Also, the Fast Response eye cream has similar properties to an eye shadow primer so this may have helped.
Select Cover-Up is an awesome undereye concealer for younger people!
I guess the CCB would probably stay put if you were crying (water probably wouldn't move it). Some of it's ingredients are jojoba oil, vitamin e derivative, shea butter, and synthetic beeswax so that's probably why the CCB creases on oily lids like mine.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Clarks Botanicals Retinol Rescue Overnight Cream (50 ml) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Babor Skinovage PX Vita Balance Oxygen Energizing Cream (50 ml / 1.75 oz)