Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Used CP today - got light headed and dizzy like...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Something very strange happened to me today. i got my CP serum and was very excited to use it. I applied a few drops to my face, neck and decollete. Then about 15 min later, I suddenly started feeling light headed, spacy, and got a light headache!

Has anyone ever heard of this?? it scared me and I will never touch this stuff again.
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
YES, that happened to me too! but I have had severe sensitivities for a long time, but I still don't know why I got weak and dizzy feeling, because usually skincare doesn't make me feel dizzy or weak right away until my asthma kicks in from the synthetics later on, maybe 30 or more minutes after I apply it to my face..

But the copper peptide serum caused me to feel very ill right away. I can't explain it, though.

I'm trying hard to use all completely natural ingredients, it's difficult.
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly - it was right away and scary. I sent this stuff back for a refund. Im just glad I didnt pass out! Rolling Eyes
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that is really weird. Was this the Skinbiology brand? Sure would be interesting if you posted this experience on the Skinbiology web forum to see what people would say....
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
Wow, that is really weird. Was this the Skinbiology brand? Sure would be interesting if you posted this experience on the Skinbiology web forum to see what people would say....

My guess is that Dr. Pickart would address this problem by saying either "Nope, impossible." or "You must use MORE COPPER PEPTIDES"...( Laughing If you are out there: No offense Dr. P.) Wink
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Dealated, I can see that you have been on that forum. I can easily envision such answer.

I have no problems with CPs, but people do have sensitivites to certain chemicals. I had the most unusual reactions to some medications, that were never decribed as possible side effcts, but never the less happened to me.

If I had such a reaction I would definitely return the products and avoid them at all costs.

Best of luck,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:

I did post it last night - no reply yet. I would appreciate a response from Dr.Pickard on this!
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I agree - it seems he ALWAYS tell people to use MORE CP when they seem to have too much already and are experiencing symptoms of skin problem worsening. JMO

dealated wrote:
PocoLoco wrote:

My guess is that Dr. Pickart would address this problem by saying either "Nope, impossible." or "You must use MORE COPPER PEPTIDES"...( Laughing If you are out there: No offense Dr. P.) Wink
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Holy Smokes - I've never used CPs before...It surprises (and frightens) me that such as violent reaction could be inspired by a topical cosmetic product....I wonder if there are any package warnings or independent studies suggesting this type of reaction...I mean to actually feel dizzy and light-headed..so much so that it actually gives you a scare...WOW - that must have been horrible...What forum are you guys talking about?
Thanks!
Pudoodles
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Holy Smokes - I've never used CPs before...It surprises (and frightens) me that such as violent reaction could be inspired by a topical cosmetic product....I wonder if there are any package warnings or independent studies suggesting this type of reaction...I mean to actually feel dizzy and light-headed..so much so that it actually gives you a scare...WOW - that must have been horrible...What forum are you guys talking about?
Thanks!
Pudoodles

The forum is the one at skinbio.com geared towards copper peptides Smile
http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:32 am      Reply with quote
At a tangent to this - the last two days I've been testing Everyday Minerals and have noticed sneezing and sinus pain.

Yesterday I thought maybe I was beginning a cold - but this morning, I thought maybe I was allergic to Everyday Minerals..

I've never had this type of response before to a cosmetic.

Quite shocked by what happened to you ladies with the copper.

I use supercop on stretchmarks and BND, no problems, but I havent used any on my face yet.

Sorry to hear about what happened to you.
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, sneezing and stuff is not scary at least. I cant believe that Dr.Pickard or anyone from Skinbiology has not even responded to my concern on their forum yet! I posted there before, and they ALWAYS reply within a day at the most! Wonder why not this time - I guess its not good advertising!

It may have been inhaling or should I say breathing in the product from applying it on my face and chest.

I dont like Dr.Pickard anymore - I just dont trust them anymore. I know Im not the oly one who had thisn happening, since s.o. here had it happening too. And my friend ALSO felt the same thing!! She didnt believe it was from the CP and had considered using it too, and same thing happened to her yesterday. She used only two drops in her face. There HAVE to be more who had scares like this. He should put a warning on the label.

I wonder if this CP is even a good thing period even IF you tolerate to tapply it. I have read also now, that if you use too much over time, it will make your collagen breakdown and give you a saggy face or whatever area you are treating.

catski wrote:
At a tangent to this - the last two days I've been testing Everyday Minerals and have noticed sneezing and sinus pain.

Yesterday I thought maybe I was beginning a cold - but this morning, I thought maybe I was allergic to Everyday Minerals..

I've never had this type of response before to a cosmetic.

Quite shocked by what happened to you ladies with the copper.

I use supercop on stretchmarks and BND, no problems, but I havent used any on my face yet.

Sorry to hear about what happened to you.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Monica34 wrote:
Yeah, sneezing and stuff is not scary at least. I cant believe that Dr.Pickard or anyone from Skinbiology has not even responded to my concern on their forum yet! I posted there before, and they ALWAYS reply within a day at the most! Wonder why not this time - I guess its not good advertising!

It may have been inhaling or should I say breathing in the product from applying it on my face and chest.

I dont like Dr.Pickard anymore - I just dont trust them anymore. I know Im not the oly one who had thisn happening, since s.o. here had it happening too. And my friend ALSO felt the same thing!! She didnt believe it was from the CP and had considered using it too, and same thing happened to her yesterday. She used only two drops in her face. There HAVE to be more who had scares like this. He should put a warning on the label.

I wonder if this CP is even a good thing period even IF you tolerate to tapply it. I have read also now, that if you use too much over time, it will make your collagen breakdown and give you a saggy face or whatever area you are treating.

Monica, I am sorry to hear of your troubles - it does sound like you had a reaction, true, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will happen to everyone or that CPs are bad. The logical response on your part was to a) stop using them and b) let others know of your experience should anyone else happen upon the same thing. You have done that. Smile

I have used CPs for about 5 months now and have read extensively on the subject - there are many, many people who've used them long-term; Molly on this board is one that comes to my mind immediately and I've never heard her say that she's experienced sagging or any negative effects (other than to specific products and their formulations). Of course, using CPs requires attention to detail and monitoring how your skin reacts. Using them too much will likely give sagging, it's true, but you are supposed to back off, if that happens.

As for Dr. P, I do not care for the "air" of the Skin Bio board and never found much help there - or responsiveness. However, it does not mean that as an inventor, he is not brilliant. It says to me that he is indeed an inventor and socially, his skills are lacking. I will continue to use CPs, though, because I cannot argue with their effectiveness in my skin care routine.

Lastly, I have had reactions to many products - and a lot of those I tried after being on EDS and reading rave reviews. What I've found is that we all react in various ways - it's one big trial by errors with skin care. When this has happened, I simply stopped using them. Problem solved! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I think you are right Smile It was just a dramatic experience for me personally. I could have dealt easy with a rash, but feeling dizzy and all that...
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Dr.Pickard said it could be the preservatives. Thats impossible, because I have been using skin care products with methyl & propyl paraben forever. Also, looking at the ingredients it does not contain fragrance, BUT it smells pretty strongly scented to me. Hmmm.....

CP Serum
Purified water, hydroxyethylcellulose, copper-peptides (hydrolyzed soy protein plus copper chloride), allantoin, polysorbate-20, diazolinydinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, vitamin E TPGS, bronopol.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Years ago I used P&R, Calypso's oil, etc. I found Dr. Pickart VERY responsive and helpful.

Flash forward 5 years:

1. No responses to my request for product recommendations on the SkinBio board. Dr. P is there answering others.

2. Email to customer service and phone call yielded two DIFFERENT recommendations for the same problems: Tighten skin, lighten sun damage freckles.

3. My original order has been getting smaller because of the poor responses. So, then I started looking at a "kit". The kit lists different ingredients in different areas of the website. I phoned and because of bad weather everyone had gone home early. The phone service couldn't tell me what was in the kit and told me to call back on Monday.

So sad, my planned order has dropped considerably and I may just use something different altogether.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I called the people at SB and they said they never heard of symptoms as mine and could not give me any possible explanation.

I dont believe for a second, that Dr.Pickard thinks it could be the preservatives - they are so common, that it doesnt make sense at ALL. He knows that its 99.99% unlikely, because we all use or have used products with those preservatives.

Rjez wrote:
Years ago I used P&R, Calypso's oil, etc. I found Dr. Pickart VERY responsive and helpful.

Flash forward 5 years:

1. No responses to my request for product recommendations on the SkinBio board. Dr. P is there answering others.

2. Email to customer service and phone call yielded two DIFFERENT recommendations for the same problems: Tighten skin, lighten sun damage freckles.

3. My original order has been getting smaller because of the poor responses. So, then I started looking at a "kit". The kit lists different ingredients in different areas of the website. I phoned and because of bad weather everyone had gone home early. The phone service couldn't tell me what was in the kit and told me to call back on Monday.

So sad, my planned order has dropped considerably and I may just use something different altogether.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
How horrible!

Being one that has food allergies, I can totally relate on this being a scarey experience for you!

I am glad that it was not more serious than it was.

I am also sorry that you are disapointed that you cannot use something that you felt would add to your skin care routine. I know that a lot of people want to use CPs, but know that there are natural alternatives out there that can help your skin... They may not be in the main spot light at the moment, but that doesn't mean that they aren't effective. You just need to find what you are looking for and find an alternative way to address that issue.

I am sure if you pose the question of what you are looking to address you will get several alternative ideas to try.

Good luck and take care.
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry if this has already been mentioned in this thread, but the first generation cp's are nice; I can use them and I can't use the new ones from SkinBiology. Anyway the product is Neova Antioxidant serum. Also formulated as Simple Solutions copper serum (same product). You can find Neova at skincarecentral.biz and the other one is sold on eBay.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |