Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Opinions on PSF hydrating eye cream and moisturizer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tammy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone:

Has anyone had good experiences with the PSF hydrating eye cream and the dry skin moisturizer?

I've my eye on these two after trying the HA and loving it.

If there are any other recommendations/opinions, I would certainly appreciate them.

Thanks!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I like these PSF products and use this eye cream in the winter. It is too rich for me in the summer but I like the Cranberry phyto eye gel.

I also like the Papaya cleanser. It feel refreshing and the R&R toner which I store a bottle of in my beach bag.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
the PSF eye cream is great! It goes on very smoothly without draggin on the skin, which scores major points with me! The only thing is that people have complained that it does not absorb well. It's true that there's a grease circle around your eyes after you apply it, but it does absorb eventually but just a tad slow. However, it does keep its promise of hydrating the eye. I check it at the end of the day and my eyes are still hydrated Smile

Havent tried the dry moisturizer, but the Day Lotion is heaven! It is so light and pleasant to use, just glides on the skin! I don't think it's hydrating enough for winter ( I have combo skin and live in Canada) but I can't wait to use it for the hot summer days because it is not greasy at all. Loves!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't get the eye cream absorbed : when i put it on it melts on the skin and runs into my eyes.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
babypenguin--which dry skin moisturizer are you talking about? i thought the day lotion was the only PSF moisturizer for dry skin?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked out PSF's site again. I can't believe the Perfecting Day Lotion (which is what I was referring to) is for normal to dry skin. Like I said, I have combo skin, I still feel like it's not enough hydration. I do not see any dry patches, but my skin feels overall tight. I am sure it is good for oil skin in winter or all skintypes in summer; however, I don't see it as being enough for dry skin in the coming winter season :S

Give what I have said, it is still an amazing moisturizer (coming from the girl who can't tell the difference between most moisturizers Laughing ) and I would highly recommend it given the right skin types and season.

5% products discount

Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
The hydrating eye cream is hydrating but it doesn't help to erase my lines undereyes; I like the Perfect Lotion and my skin is normal to a little bit dry. My skin looks great by using it on top of Berry Benefical Serum.
Tammy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
the PSF eye cream is great! It goes on very smoothly without draggin on the skin, which scores major points with me! The only thing is that people have complained that it does not absorb well. It's true that there's a grease circle around your eyes after you apply it, but it does absorb eventually but just a tad slow. However, it does keep its promise of hydrating the eye. I check it at the end of the day and my eyes are still hydrated Smile

Havent tried the dry moisturizer, but the Day Lotion is heaven! It is so light and pleasant to use, just glides on the skin! I don't think it's hydrating enough for winter ( I have combo skin and live in Canada) but I can't wait to use it for the hot summer days because it is not greasy at all. Loves!

Thanks for your response. I too am in Canada and I live either in Vancouver or further up north during the year. Winter is pretty tough on combo skin isn't it?
Tammy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
I just checked out PSF's site again. I can't believe the Perfecting Day Lotion (which is what I was referring to) is for normal to dry skin. Like I said, I have combo skin, I still feel like it's not enough hydration. I do not see any dry patches, but my skin feels overall tight. I am sure it is good for oil skin in winter or all skintypes in summer; however, I don't see it as being enough for dry skin in the coming winter season :S

Give what I have said, it is still an amazing moisturizer (coming from the girl who can't tell the difference between most moisturizers Laughing ) and I would highly recommend it given the right skin types and season.

Hilarious! lol...given that, I am sure it is nice but I may have to save this purchase for close to summer/fall as I am dry as the desert (sp?) right now.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
poofbabypenguin--Thanks for the clarification. I have a sample of the moisture balance lotion for oily skin and i find it's a bit drying for my skin even though i am combo. i will end up ordering the one for dry skin then. thanks! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
I couldn't get the eye cream absorbed : when i put it on it melts on the skin and runs into my eyes.

I have to second this. I love the PSF line, but the eye cream and the moisturizer too, just aren't for me. They didn't absorb well and just sat on top of my skin, making me greasy after a short while.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I just wrote a review on the Perfecting Day Lotion, if that's the moisturizer you're referring to.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18023

I find it suits my sorta combo skin well these dry, colod months.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
It always amazes me how products perform differently for people. I love the PSF Super Hydrating Eye Cream and it absorbs fine for me. It also really helps around my eye area for my MMU. Just my experience!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Now that I think about it, I did recently start using the Dermalogica special cleansing gel, which I LOOOOOOVE. However, my skin has never felt so dry/tight afterwards before. This may contribute to why I do not find the Perfectin Day Lotion enough.

Geez, I am just confusing you all aren't I Confused
ok, in summary (again, lol): it is a great lotion that I think everyone should try at one point. If you're unsure, PSF offers sample sizes. That's how I discovered this dream of a moisturizer. The sample size really is generous. It lasted me a month!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the PSF balancing moisturiser and have been using it for a week. I like what it is doing for my oily t-zone but just the past day my cheek area particularly around the lower cheeks feels slightly rougher. My cheek area was really smooth and nice before so I am wondering if the slightly rough feeling that has come up is dryness? It almost feels like a rash but nothing visible if that makes sense...

Does anyone use two different moisturisers for different parts of their face? - how I love combination skin!!!!!! NOT...lol
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:25 am      Reply with quote
The PSF hydrating eye cream is pretty good - not great, but OK. It does not absorb really well and so I would apply it at night before bed rather than in the morning.

I would not re-purchase as I found it to be just an OK product. I really like PSF's cranberry phyto-lift gel and would definitely re-purchase that one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I also like their Cranberry Gel, but find the hydrating eye cream to be very average.

HTH,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I have a sample of the Moisture Balancing Lotion and I am really impressed at how it just sinks in right away. Its not quite enough for my skin right now as its very dry but in the summer I can see it being perfect. Its not greasy and did not burn my touchy skin. A thumbs up! The price is decent too.
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Reading your post Sakura makes me think that the moisturiser perhaps needs a boost in the winter. I am in Australia so we are coming into winter - perhaps this is why I am finding the moisturiser too dry for my cheeks. I actually put some Dermalogica skin hydrating booster on my cheek area and this has helped immensely. I don't want to stop using the moisturiser as it is doing wonders for my t-zone!
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I think so too. I have some John Masters serum I just got so I am going to test it with that. But the PSF is on my wishlist. I wish I was more excited about my JM stuff though.
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with some of the reviews here regarding PSF's hydrating eye cream. I won't buy it again either. For me, it's not moisturizing enough. There are some eye creams that leave my fine lines hydrated all day. PSF is not one of them, unfortunately.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |