Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HELP!!! =( broken capillaries
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
anomalyfiend
5% products discount

Sat May 08, 2004 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I've been using minocycline on my skin for about two years on and off, also tazorac, and Plexion SCT. I am having a problem at this point, with my nose and cheek area of my skin, as well as my chin but not as much, where its reddish and if i look really close the skin seems thinned out and I can see tiny red lines. broken capillaries is my guess at to what it is. Anyway, i stopped using all of those things listed above because last november this problem became most prominent. I am not sure if any of them were the cause but i think they may be, being they were too harsh for my skin and i started seeing more capillary breakage around the crevices of my nose. (I am 18 years old as well which also makes me think this is why it happened, because I have read that rosacea and breakage of capillaries is more likely to occur amongst people in their 30's and higher, but I could be wrong about the likeliness of it happening to me). I also took into consideration that the bitterly cold november air did damage to cause this problem as well. I have very very fair skin and blonde hair so it sort of makes sense. My question is, has anyone who has used these products had the same problems or has this happened to anyone just from cold air/wind, and have you found a way to fix it? Even if you haven't, if anyone knows anything about fixing the visible capillaries and making the "thinned skin" go away(which seems almost translucent as opposed to white, which is how it used to be), please let me know. Oh and, suggestions other than laser surgery are what I'm really looking for, I;m afraid to do that and I dont want to use things that are "unnatural" anymore. Im on Dr. Eris' Vitamin K cleansing lotion right now but I seem to be breaking out, not sure if its from that or not, though.Ive also tried Sothys clearness serum with rutin in it, but it only seems to lighten the redness very temporarily. Thanks for your time.
Mabsy

Wed May 12, 2004 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I think you're on the right track with vitamin K. But if you are breaking out then maybe you should try another brand? I know that Peter Thomas Roth makes a vit K cream as well, as do other brands for sure.

It might also be worth it to read up about oral supplements as well. I know Ginko Biloba (herb) is known to reduce vein inflammation and is recomended in order to strengthen the walls of the vein (thus reducing the chances of spider veins occuring).

Mabsy
hulan

Thu May 27, 2004 4:13 am      Reply with quote
I think broken veins and capillaries are more likely inherited, and if you smoke or drink coffee those also add up to what you have. I started drinking blackberry juice everyday, didn't much do anything but i hope at least they cleanse my blood Question
Mabsy

Thu May 27, 2004 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Hulan,

Good point with the smoking and drinking. Smoking does damage your blood vessels and coffee increases your blood pressure (making the little veins more vulnerable I guess).

Mabsy
anomalyfiend
5% products discount

Thu May 27, 2004 8:59 am      Reply with quote
thank you for that bit of advice but i dont drink coffee ever or smoke =(
which is what boggles my mind...argh...wont go away! i bought Eris Forte Inter Micro Emulsion for dilated capillaries though and am trying that now. i think maybe my skin is also pink from old acne scars or marks? is that the color they can be? pink?
Soki
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2004 11:51 am      Reply with quote
anomalyfiend - you should check out products from Dr. Baumann's Sensitive cream for couperose skin (broken capillaries) .
Dr. Hauschka also has the Rose cream for broken capillaries.
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2004 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
anomalyfiend,
I have this same concern and have had spots come and go.
When I notice a spot or spider line go away I think about what I've been doing or eating. I started to notice that each time I had been on a spinach binge.

Recently one spot I have had for 2 years started to fade and I was able to knock a few things off the list that I suspected may be helping it along. I wasn't putting any different product on it. I hadn't been exercising regularly (my excuse: I've been on business travel alot the last couple of months Wink ). But again with the spinach. I have been buying spinach each time I go to market for the past 2 months. I also had an oxygen facial for the first time (I'm not very good with controlling my experiments).

Since then I learned that spinach is one of the leading food sources of Vitamin K, which one of the chief functions is to synthesize blood-cloting proteins. Other food sources include liver and cabbage-type veggies (broccoli, brussels sprouts, and cabbage). I also learned that Vitamin K can be synthesized in the GI tract by bacteria. Which gives me some explanation for capillaries that appeared just after a major battle between me and antibotics about 3 years ago. Antibotics take no prisoners!!!

Anyway, I am pleased I have held on to my book from the Understanding Nutrition class I took at University.

Take care of your insides,
k.a.t.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2004 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
All of this sounds great. I will only add that the only time I have had broken capillaries and "see-through" skin like you describe was when I was using a prescription cortisone cream daily that had been prescribed for perioral dermatitis. It thinned my skin to the point of translucency. Do you use any cortisone creams on a regular basis? That may be the cause though the wind and weather you describe, coupled with your delicate coloring, may have simply been too much for your skin to withstand. Good luck!
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2004 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
k.a.t. wrote:
anomalyfiend,
I have this same concern and have had spots come and go.
When I notice a spot or spider line go away I think about what I've been doing or eating. I started to notice that each time I had been on a spinach binge.

Since then I learned that spinach is one of the leading food sources of Vitamin K, which one of the chief functions is to synthesize blood-cloting proteins.

Take care of your insides,
k.a.t.

k.a.t.
Thank you for sharing your great learnings of food. I love spinach. Yes, it's the truth. And I love to make baby spinach salad. I shop at Costco almost every week for my spinach and the stocking boys there noticed me too Laughing Laughing Laughing Now, I have one good reason to shop there for more spinach besides just to say hi to a very cute guy there Razz Razz Razz.

I have one very simple but super delicious summer salad recipe using spinach:
- Mix in a big bowl, baby spinach, grape tomatoes, dried cranberries, toasted almond slices, juice of fresh lemon or lime or orange, some olive oil and a pinch of salt. And enjoy it! Just to remember, before flashing that gorgeous smile, be sure there is no green between your teeth ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
anomalyfiend
5% products discount

Fri May 28, 2004 8:28 am      Reply with quote
ah yes, this makes sense to me now, because i had been on minocycline which was an antibiotic for about a year and a half to two years, and the tazorac is pretty much like retin a or something that thins out the skin. so the minocycline probably made me more susceptible to getting the broken capillaries and thinned skin from the tazorac and them not healing correctly. so yeah...those two don't mix at all...and then especially with the winter air... I also noticed for a time that when i was using a sunblock with vitamin A antioxidants in it my skin was redder and thinner too, vitamin a is also what retin a is derived from. anyway, i had some spinach last night when i first read this and i can already say im seeing a difference. =D although i think it may also be mainly from the dr eris micro emulsion for dilated capillaries too, which seems to be working fine.
anomalyfiend
5% products discount

Mon May 31, 2004 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
nevermind i take that back its not getting better =(
Mabsy

Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to butt in to this conversation but I'd just like to add my Au$0.02 Smile I think sometimes there may not be any specific cause for spider veins or broken capilaries. It may simply be a matter of genetics. Poor diet, smoking, high blood pressure, could then increase your chances of getting broken capilaries.

I'm very slim (or "underweight" as my doctor puts it), I don't smoke, don't drink (or at least not regularly/much), and I take good care of my skin. Yet, I still have little spider veins around my ankles and thighs. Mind you, I *do* have blood circulation issues (my hands and feet are often freezing cold).

Spinach contains vitamin K (it's one of the best sources of it), which is why people may find it helpful. But you'd have to incorporate it into your diet regularly to get continued/visible benefit.

I love spinach too btw. Very finely chopped and simmered with garlic and some sour cream (I think). I believe it's a Polish recipe and it's YUMMY Very Happy

Mabsy
anomalyfiend
5% products discount

Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:01 am      Reply with quote
yeah, ive been eating the spinach everyday. but betterat said she has the same thing as i have (the thinned translucent skin, from cortisone) and it never went away. well im not using cortisone and i never did but i was on some other acne medications and creams that i think caused the same effect. (tazorac, minocycline and plexion SCT). im distressed over that.
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear you all like spinach! If you can stomach liver and cabbage that would be good, too. Just keep in mind, too much Vit K is not better, as it is possible to store toxic amounts in the body. Your doctor should be able to advise you of the current RDA as it relates to your gender, weight and age.

Also it may be helpful to know that I have a natural tendency toward rosacea and found that the National Rosacea Society's website http://www.rosacea.org/, provides a helpful introduction of the condition.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |