Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Arbonne NutriMinC® Line - A review of 7 products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
First off, you probably need to know that my skin is normal with the usual summertime T-Zone very minor oiliness. It hasn't gotten to the dry "mature skin" stage (and, maybe never will, who knows?). Most skincare lines, including Arbonne, assume that "mature skin" is thinner and drier as the dermis gets thinner and the epidermis gets thicker as we age. Another condition of drier "mature skin" is that the lipid barrier can become compromised and doesn't function as well. Of course, this happens with younger skin, too, because of exposure to the sun's UV rays.

Also you should know that I've suspended use of all other products while testing this line.

That all being said, here's my initial review of the products:

1.) NutriMinC® RE9 REnewing Gelee Creme, Hydrating Wash - Very nice cleanser. Somewhat thick and it only takes a very, very little for the face and neck. It leaves my skin very silky and smooth-feeling. I like it.

2.) NutriMinC® RE9 REstoring Mist, Balancing Toner - I want to give this more of a chance as I'm not sure about it, yet. It has too much "slip" for me and leaves a slightly oily feel to my skin. Time will tell.

3.) NutriMinC® RE9 REality SPF8, Day Creme - This is a very nice light lotion. Not sure if it will perform to the claims over time. But, I DO like how it feels.

4.) NutriMinC® RE9 REpair, Corrective Eye Creme - Gotta say it--This is one of the best eye creams I've ever used. So far it lives up to its claims. It immediately reduces the very fine lines below the eyes and hydrates the eye area very well. I like very much! (Now, knowing that, I'll save it for later use after I've completed Louis' Skincubed Eye Cream as I really want to finish it. LOL)

5.) NutriMinC® RE9 REactivating Facial Serum, Day & Night - As far as I'm concerned, this serum is the STAR of the line. Very, very nice! I can see a real difference as soon as I put this on. It provides a healthy glow and bit more volume.

6.) NutriMinC® RE9 REversing Gelee, Transforming Lift - This just a bit of a disappointment. My skin does feel very nice after applying this but it doesn't provide a noticeable "lift" to the skin nor does it seem to affect lines. I get much, much more "lift" and line reduction from my DIY DMAE serum and my Ascorbic Acid toner.

7.) NutriMinC® REcover, Night Creme - This is definitely NOT for me. It's too heavy for my facial skin and is causing breakouts. I should be well past that at my age and I never had a problem before except just after my hysterectomy at age 32. That problem has long since been resolved. I'm sure that this is the product that is causing the breakouts because of its heavy, waxy texture. Also, since I stopped its use on my face, the breakouts have healed and stopped. I had very high hopes for it, too, because of the claims. This should work very well for drier skin that needs more hydration than mine does. However, I do like it for my neck and will continue to use it as a neck cream.

Overall: The NutriMinC® line would be VERY nice for super dry skin with a compromised lipid barrier.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I'm forever on the lookout for a fab new eye cream.

Does this NutriMin one do anything for dark circles and puffiness, Arielle?
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Puffiness, a big YES! Dark circles, I don't know. Mine have diminished with the years so I can't tell.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I used Arbonne for about 9 months and while I think the eye cream is excellent for puffiness and tightening, it did nothing for my dark circles. Others might have a different experience. The only product I'm still using is the eye cream and I discontinued that when I started the SkinCubed.

Kimberly
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
made my skin break out after a few months agree w/the toner had a slip to it and the eye cream burned my eyes the serum was nice and the night cream gave a nice glow in the am not for me in the long term
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I was given a HUGE bag of samples of various Arbonne products last year by a friend who works in a spa that sells the stuff.

Everything I samples was NICE - I mean it felt NICE! Butttttt I find their products to be largely ineffective. I ended up using most of the stuff on my body. The rest, I gave away....
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I may well put this on my ever-growing list of eye creams to try, then. Although I do really need something for dark circles too.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this line for a little while. It does feel nice, but the results were less than spectacular. I really didn't notice any change. I'm sad to say that I didn't get the de-puffing from the eyecream. I still have a lot left because I eventually gave up on it. - I didn't notice any lightening of circles either, but it's not a major problem for me.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |