Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyelid Dryness and Skin Peeling
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Has this happened to anyone before? It has never happened to me, but all of a sudden my right eyelid has developed this patch of rough and peeling skin right above the crease of the eye. I'm worried about it and I don't know what caused it or what to do to make it better.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
could your skin be reacting to a new or different skincare product or eye makeup? I found when i used some Salycylic Acid products too close to my eyes, i sometimes got a red sore,patchy area which then scaled over and peeled a few days later....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
It could. Although I don't know why. I have recently started using Laremin eye shadow, although I was already using mineral eye shadows before that, so I was used to them. And since it is only on one eye I thought also if it was causing irritation it would do it to both eyes?

I will stop using all eyeshadow for a while and see if it clears up, I don't know if there is anything else I can do for it though. To put on it. Aloe Vera? Oils?
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:02 am      Reply with quote
how about using a touch of polysporin if it's not too close to the edge of your eyelid? That might help it heal.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have this happen to me every winter- and sometimes in the summer too, in fact I have it right now,. Go see your doctor and they will prescribe a hydrocortisone cream especially for your eyes
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
SOunds like winter dry skin. Trying dabbing a little hydrcortisone on it.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
byrg
if you have any emu oil handy, that's what i would go for. apply often.
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I had it before but not that bad, so I am not sure if this works for you: I use revive eye renewal cream to survive. Weird is, now I cannot use it any more once I put it on, I got irritation.. so be careful pal..

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
If you do decide to use a hydrocortisone cream, then make sure that it is one that is good for your eyes (Dr. Prescribed)- others are too strong and are known for easily thinnnng the skin around the eye area- causing more damage.
sothy01
5% products discount

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
If you are using a AHA or retinol cream, even if you don't apply it directly to your eye area the cream can "migrate" to areas that it was not applied.
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:33 am      Reply with quote
That happened to me a long time ago, I was using La Prairie eye cream (not sure which one, it was in a silver pump bottle). It had AHA in it and was too much for my eyes.
mimiek
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I've had this problem several times. I don't know why, at first I thought that it might be fungal infection, or dehydrated skin. Last time I've had it was in the summer. The only thing that helped is stop using skincare products on my eyes for few days. I tried aloe vera but it didn't help, I also tried olive oil and Jojoba oil, but nothing helped.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi BYRG. I think all your eyes need are moisture. Elizabeth Grant eye serums solved it for me.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
BYRG wrote:
It could. Although I don't know why. I have recently started using Laremin eye shadow, although I was already using mineral eye shadows before that, so I was used to them. And since it is only on one eye I thought also if it was causing irritation it would do it to both eyes?

I will stop using all eyeshadow for a while and see if it clears up, I don't know if there is anything else I can do for it though. To put on it. Aloe Vera? Oils?

Not useing eyeshadow etc sounds like a very good idea. Straight aloe vera will not hydrate, but you could always mix some with a light oil. A great and light easily penetrating eye oil I highly recomend is Candessences. It's definitley hydrateing and skin feels smoother. "Eye'll be seeing you" at USD 18 http://www.candessence.com/SkinCare.html
It comes in a roller bottle which is GREAT for application as you don't get too much product on your skin and it's easy. Not so good for mixing with Aloe though, but you could always apply the aloe after the oil and blend it in on the skin.

Good luck with your eye troubles, I know how uncomfortable and alarming it can be... and HTH wave

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
marval

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I have had this problem since I was 20, for some reason the skin around my eyes becomes red, flaky, itchy and swollen. I think it is a sort of allergy. First I would recommend to stop using makeup or any other product. Then, I use Johnson baby shampoo to bath my eye lids. It takes a while to clear out but the shampoo helps a lot!!!!
itszoey

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Since around spring of this year my eyelids are itchy sometimes so bad they feel like they are on fire and right at my eyelash my skin peals and it is thick, hard to peal it away from my lid. I don't were makeup and have never had this problem before. Does anyone know what this is? Or what I can do? I do not have health insurance and unless I am dying I can not fathom the idea of sitting around in a doc's office for 1 1/2 before even being seen and then the huge bill that you have to pay before you leave.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
itszoey wrote:
Since around spring of this year my eyelids are itchy sometimes so bad they feel like they are on fire and right at my eyelash my skin peals and it is thick, hard to peal it away from my lid. I don't were makeup and have never had this problem before. Does anyone know what this is? Or what I can do? I do not have health insurance and unless I am dying I can not fathom the idea of sitting around in a doc's office for 1 1/2 before even being seen and then the huge bill that you have to pay before you leave.

Hi Itszoey and welcome to the forum! wave
It sounds like you have eyelid eczema. I have it too from time to time, and my symptoms sound extremely like yours. I really think you should see a doctor, because the solution that works for me is to use prescription creams Elidel and Protopic (they are non- steroidal and will not thin the skin). If you just want to manage the symptoms, Aquaphor helps with the peeling/ rough texture, and ice helps numb the itching and burning. HTH!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |