Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pls review my "proposed" skincare routine.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I posted to the SkinBio board the other day but haven't received any responses on the CPs. I'm hoping EDS members can tell me if the CP makes sense AND if I'm going overboard duplicating products ....

bold = currently use
italics = ordering

AM
DERMADoctor Wrinkle Revenge #2
(glycolic cleanser)
Mandelic acid
PSF Cranberry eye
CP serum
Emu oil
Skinceuticals C&E
Carekate's Pearl Cream
light moisturizer and sunscreen - I rotate through the drawers

PM:
DERMADoctor Wrinkle Revenge #2 (glycolic cleanser)
Avene Ystheal cream or Diacnel
PSF cranberry eye
CP serum
Trireduction - spot treat sun damage
BND - on chest
Nuxe Creme Nirvanesque or Guerlain Midnight Secret

Question 1: When would I use SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex?

Question 2: Is this overkill to work in (and when?):
1. Daisy Facial Glow - for age spots, pigmentation disorders and freckles

2. ATX Double Action - anti-aging peptide, for wrinkle reduction. I don't have any but I'm curious to test this for my neck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Bump!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Tosca. I have a feeling I'm going a little "overboard".

I'm also now looking at Ice Elements ... blueberry mask, Radiance souffle and Edelweiss Serum.

Gads - I won't be able to keep track of everything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! That's too much for me. I'm already overwhelmed with what I have! I wish I could advise on what you're considering, but I have no idea.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
It sounds like a lot but it's really not too bad - the only issue is 'waiting time'.

BTW - the rep at Ice Elements was nice enough to tell me that their products are doubling up on what I'm already using ... she didn't tell WHICH ones are similar but told me I should try theirs when I run out of current products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals C&E
--I'm also on it, Very Happy

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
simplenpure
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
That's too much for me. How do you know which one works??
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez, I don't know enough to tell you about order and redundancy in the products (so please post to educate ME when you find out)...BUT I think that you are not supposed to use CP products at the same time of day as you use Vitamin C. I heard/read on the Skinbio website and on another skincare forum that you should apply one at night and one in the am because the copper peptides will inactivate the vitamin C.

See http://www.skinbio.com/cpserum.html
(you have to scroll down maybe 1/4 down the page the the text next to the painting of the fruit and flower basket. I really dislike their site because it is not easy to navigate all of the text.)

I'm also not sure about putting on the Emu oil before the VitC+E+ferulic. I usually put on the vitamin serum first and THEN the emu oil 1) because the vitamin C+E+ferulic is a low pH product, 2) because i don't want the emu oil to block the penetration or to dilute the vitamin C/e/ferulic in my skin, 3) (the real reason Smile ) because i have read other people's routines in which they put on vitamin C products before emu.

I think that Molly and also Scallawaggirl use both vitamin C products and emu oil so hopefully one of them will drop by and chime in. (I would like to know too! Maybe I have been doing it wrong Embarassed ?!)

what is in the SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex?
priscilla

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
cecelia
5% products discount

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Oh boy do I understand your problem! I've ordered so many samples and stuff since finding this site that I can't keep anything straight! Laughing

I do think Priscilla is correct, that the emu oil should go on after the Vit. C because it helps to push the product in. This is one of the things few I read that actually stuck in my head. Very Happy

Hopefully others can chime in here.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I agree. The C goes before the emu. Also, Priscilla's right about the CP's and C. They inactivate each other. I didn't notice that you had those two together.
sothy01
5% products discount

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Using so many products at once, if you have a reaction you won't know which one is causing a reaction. If you get great results you won't know which is the key product. Try adding one product a week or every two weeks instead.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone. I've started to colorize the products so I know which ones are cleansers, exfoliators, wrinkle reduction, etc. Hopefully that will help with product selection AND figuring out what's working.

As for irritation .. my skin is amazingly tough. I've only broken out twice from product irritation. An aesthetician even put me on Level 9 Green Cream straight away and I had no problems. Same thing with CPs.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |