Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the best exfoliant that you have used???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aussie_guy
5% products discount

Sat May 08, 2004 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I was just wondering what exfoliants some people use out there?

I have just bought a box of Ellen Lange clear complexion peel and am going to give this a try. Allure magazine said it was alright so I decided to give it a go.

What types of exfoliants have given you decent results with?
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2004 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I always use Gatineau exfoliator, I find it very gentle on my skin, it doesnt leave my face feeling tight or sore. It leaves the face very smooth and feeling very moisturised.

5% products discount

Sun May 09, 2004 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Pevonia most recently and really liked it. I'm going to try the Artistry exfoliant next, as well as Dermalogica, so I'll post results on those after I've been able to try them for a while.

monica
Less Patchy
5% products discount

Tue May 25, 2004 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting question. I've mostly used scrubs as my skin has no problem with them. I've probably only used three exfoliants and liked all of them:

Zia - green one I think called Ultimate Exfoliant. The only drawback to this US product is availability and price as it shot up when the exchange rate was wicked. I've only seen it sporadically at health food stores.

Aloette Restorative Enzyme Peel - very gentle and effective

Avalon Organic Botanicals Exfoliating Enzyme Scrub (okay so this is a technically scrub but it's the mildest scrub I've ever used and is very inexpensive).
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2004 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
May I suggest the "two best" exfoliants among my favorites Razz
-Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads.
And please post your review after trying that Ellen Lange kit. Thanks.
yellow_gal

Tue May 25, 2004 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
was wondering out of the exfoliators you mention...is any suitable for sensitive/dry skin? Eh?

im quite keen to give dermalogica Daily microfoliant a try Laughing
Mabsy

Wed May 26, 2004 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Dermalogica Microfoliant
Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Phytomer Gommage Marin
Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream (it's sort of a scrub)

About to order the Pevonia exfoliating cream that I've been wanting to try for ages Very Happy

Yellow_Gal - I think any of the three above would be suitable for dry or senstitive skin. Definitely the PTR and the Phytomer. I do remember some people mentioning that the Microfoliant was drying for them, but I don't recall anyone with sensitive skin complaining about it. It is very gentle in my opinion. You might like to get a sample of it first (Dermalogica is very good with samples) and also do a search for Microfoliant on the forum and see what people with your skin type wrote about it.

Mabsy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2004 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
not sure if this is classed as an exfoliant, but I really like J/A/S/O/N/S papaya and pineapple stuff, It smells so good you want to eat it and my skin feels new after using it! Razz
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2004 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I use Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser with micro-beads..but I use it with those rough bath gloves....So it's sort of a double exfoliation. These gloves are great. They smooth your entire body regardless of what you use with them. I also love the Jason's mentioned earlier and the St. Ives Apricot Scrub.
earich
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2004 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE Epidermx, a home microdermabrasion cream. This stuff is a lot better than many scrubs I have ever used.
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2004 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Mirco-foliant from Dermalogica as well as their Gentle Cream Exfoliant, gives the skin a great glow before a night out.
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2004 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I just received a sample of Demalogica Daily Microexfoliant with my last order. I just used it once, feeling good but not seeing great difference at the present time (maybe it's yet to come Very Happy )....one quick question, are you guys/gals actually using it every single day?
Mabsy

Fri May 28, 2004 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Bbiz,

I'm not using it currently (it's Dr Hauschka's turn Laughing ) but when I do use then yes - I do use it everyday. Also, to get the most benefit, make sure you massage it in for at least 1 minute before you rinse it off.

Mabsy
cbeb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2004 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Hello, just wondering, i would love to try a sample of dermologica microfoliant but do u have to pay the shipping costs for samples? i recently ordered a product from this site but forgot to request samples. thanks =) Smile
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2004 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy!

cbeb:
I would suggest you make a contact with EDS to see if they have already shipped out your order? If not, you may request for the arrangement, if they do have shipped out your order, then, you would need to pay for the shipping and handling cost for the samples (the samples themselves are free though)... but sometimes, even if you havent make a request for a particular sample, they may ship you some too Laughing cool .. right? Sometimes, I think they select what to give according to the recent raves. I just received my order that came with the Microexfoliant that I didnt request for, so.. you may also have the luck Wink
cbeb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2004 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the help bbiz Cool heh and i hope i get as lucky as u!
esq
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2004 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy I love the Decleor Purete Exfoliante - Exfoliating Face Gel. I love that it doesn't leave any grains on the skin and they are very fine. Good for all skin types also.

Mon May 31, 2004 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Actually, after having used up almost one tube of the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream, I can say that it's approaching Holy Grail cleanser/exfoliator status for me

So I've just added another cleanser/scrub to my "must haves" list *sigh* Smile
aussie_guy
5% products discount

Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
And please post your review after trying that Ellen Lange kit. Thanks.

I have used the peel kit 3 times now since I got it. I am also using it in conjunction with Cellex-C New Complexion Cream (when I remember to apply it at night).

I have obtained fairly good results from the kit so far. Therefore I assume that with another 4-6 applications the results should be excellent.

This is the Clear Complexion Peel kit. I have also found out that Ellen Lange makes a Retexturizing Peel kit also which is fairly similar.

I will post a summary of the instructions on the box to give you an idea of what the kit contains:

1. Purifying peel prep scrub - Cleanse face and apply to slightly damp skin. Massage gently for 30 secs and leave for another 60secs. Rinse well, pat dry.
This is basically like a cleanser which has microbeads in it.

2. Oil reducing pads - Gently wipe pad over face to enhance exfoliation. Allow solution to completely dry.
This is just a round pad impregnated with some alcohol and glycolic acid.

3. Alpha/beta peel solution - Pump 1tsp into dispensing cup provided. Use brush and follow diagram stroking over forehead, t-zone, chin and cheeks. Peel will foam gradually. Leave for 8mins. Rinse well, pat dry.
This is the major step in the kit. You apply the solution with the paintbrush supplied with the kit and then wait 8mins. After this step my skin is fairly sensitive. Only slightly, nothing major though. It is just some mild tingling.

4. Moisture control gel - apply gel to dry face. When outdoors apply MICROThera AM or MACROThera AM.
This is a clear moisturising gel. I think micro/macroThera is an ellen lange moisturiser or something. It does not come with the kit. I just use some SPF or sunblock if I need to go outside after. But I only use the peel in the evening where I know that I am not going out.

The instructions say that you can do steps 2 and 4 everyday if you wish. I have only been using the kit weekly and not daily.
Glow
5% products discount

Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
i really like cellcosmet exfoliant, never had a privelage of owning a whole jar, but tried samples! it rocks! Cool
Mabsy

Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Glow wrote:
i really like cellcosmet exfoliant, never had a privelage of owning a whole jar, but tried samples! it rocks! Cool

Shock Shock There's a scrub??!! I never realised that they had one. Oh I NEED to try this!
wiffy
5% products discount

Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
dermalogica daily mircrofoliant for me too!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Hello

I really like the body exfoiliant from Clinique (Cant remember the exact name for it) but it is in a clear tube and the product itself is green! They also do a great face exfoliant in a green tube (great for both men and women)

I use these products every other day or so to keep my skin buffed and polished, its great to exfoliant eespecially in the summer!! Razz
Roisin
5% products discount

Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:02 am      Reply with quote
I like to use Orlane exfoiliant/scrub, I have quite sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate at all. It leaves your skin feeling really soft and clean.

Body scrubs that I like are L'Oreal Exfotonic and Clarins Relax. The Exfotonic is a lovely green colour and the scent is really fresh. It is quite grainy and I find the best way to apply is to a damp body as it really goes along way and you can work it all over and into knees, elbows etc. then hop under the shower to rinse off. This really leaves your skin sooo soft. Not really great to apply while in the shower as it comes in a tub, a tube would be more convenient.

The Clarins exfoiliator is also comes in a big tub but the relax oils in this make for a devine exfoiliating experience (if you like the scent, It is quite strong, I didn't like the Tonic one). The texture is more sugary while the exfotonic is more like salt. The Clarins one also needs water to work it otherwise you can waste a lot but a little water makes it more creamy.

For value for money the L'Oreal Exfotonic is a real winner!

Roisin
cbeb
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:29 am      Reply with quote
i use the tea tree face scrub from the body shop and its pretty good..it was only 12.95 canadian and it lasts for soooo long its almost been a year i think and ive only used 1/4 of the bottle
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |