Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Good mornin' CHICAGO....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
THIS is what I woke up to this morning.... Mad

ImageImageImage

At least the dog is enjoying himself...

And there's more on the way Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I got that dump here in Denver on Wednesday. It then turned cold (Chicago-like cold) yesterday. It's weird to have snow on the ground here last more than a few days (once the sun is out, it always melts).

Gotta love that nice car parked in front of your house! Razz You gave me pains when I saw your pictures. I miss Chicago so much!

P.S. I wondered what's been up with you lately. I haven't seen much of you on the forum. You must just be so busy filling orders!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
ellyp wrote:
I got that dump here in Denver on Wednesday. It then turned cold (Chicago-like cold) yesterday. It's weird to have snow on the ground here last more than a few days (once the sun is out, it always melts).

Gotta love that nice car parked in front of your house! Razz You gave me pains when I saw your pictures. I miss Chicago so much!

P.S. I wondered what's been up with you lately. I haven't seen much of you on the forum. You must just be so busy filling orders!

LOL - hubby is the 'acting CO' this week so he had the company car. He put it against the bumper of my truck with the theory once we moved the cars he wouldn't have to clean out a spot, lol.

Well - miss it & visit in the summer, temps the rest of this week are supposed to be in the teens. Brrrrrrrrr.....

I've been around, should change my SN to 'the Lurker', lol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I remember that one snow several years ago (was it '99?) where people got into brawls over someone stealing someone else's shoveled out parking space. I just loved all those lawn chairs all over the streets as people tried to save their places! Laughing

We only moved back to Denver 2 years ago and my boys' still have waaaaaay too many sweaters because of those cold Chicago winters. (I buy ahead when I find a good sale. Didn't know I would be moving!)

Stay warm when you're working!
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Awww your dog looks like he's having a ball of a time!!

We've probably gotten about 2 feet of snow the last couple weeks and expecting some more in the next few days. At least it's not cold anymore (it's -15C now ... but it was -40 with the windchill!).
Anita Kalinowski
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
ulana did you mean -15C or +15C? If it's -15C to me it’s freezing cold!
Candy your neighborhood looks dreamy and magical but I realize it's a different story when it comes to shoveling all that snow; all magic gone Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't think I'd get snow days after high school/college....but I totally didn't have to go to work today. Very Happy
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
I didn't think I'd get snow days after high school/college....but I totally didn't have to go to work today. Very Happy

Where do you live?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
ulana wrote:

We've probably gotten about 2 feet of snow the last couple weeks and expecting some more in the next few days. At least it's not cold anymore (it's -15C now ... but it was -40 with the windchill!).

Oh yea - by the time he came in he was a white dog!!

2 feet?! No thankyou!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Anita Kalinowski wrote:
ulana did you mean -15C or +15C? If it's -15C to me it’s freezing cold!
Candy your neighborhood looks dreamy and magical but I realize it's a different story when it comes to shoveling all that snow; all magic gone Wink

Haha - that's minus. And -15 seems warm to -40.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Brick wall we get the COLD, but sniff sniff NO SNOW.........so sad so sad
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
ellyp wrote:
my sushi secret wrote:

Where do you live?

I live in the south suburbs of Chicago, but I work just west of the city.
Anita Kalinowski
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Haha - that's minus. And -15 seems warm to -40

O my, -40C is also -40F, and yes comparing it to -15C (5 degrees F) might seem like a picnic temperature, but still, no, thank you Laughing
I'm originally from Poland and winters can be brutal, but thankfully I've never experienced -40.
I remember coming back home from school and literally melting; my face was slowly turning tomato red, brrr, don't like cold.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
ellyp wrote:

LOL - hubby is the 'acting CO' this week so he had the company car. He put it against the bumper of my truck with the theory once we moved the cars he wouldn't have to clean out a spot, lol.

Laughing Laughing I laughed out loud reading these two.
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Milwaukee got quite a bit too.... We probably have about 14 inches. It all came between 3am and noon. Driving to work was a B$%!@&.. Can't even believe we had to go into work! Stupid jerk boss...

My Charlie, who turns 1 year on the 5th, has never seen snow (or did, but was way too little to remember it). He's a Yorkie, so he's quite small, he only stands 10" tall.... Poor thing didn't know what to do. He jumped in and it was instantly over his head. Good thing Mom was there to bail him out! Laughing Wish I would've had a camera with me...
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
chevycamarolvr wrote:
Milwaukee got quite a bit too.... We probably have about 14 inches. It all came between 3am and noon. Driving to work was a B$%!@&.. Can't even believe we had to go into work! Stupid jerk boss...

My Charlie, who turns 1 year on the 5th, has never seen snow (or did, but was way too little to remember it). He's a Yorkie......

I thought you were talking about your baby! Well, I'm sure he is your baby....but I was thinking more like a human.Laughing
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
OMG I thought Charlie was her son too!

ROFLLLLLLLLL

Ah well, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who treats her dogs like her children Very Happy
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
Candy8865 wrote:
ellyp wrote:

Laughing Laughing I laughed out loud reading these two.

Well....as my fav Sgt says 'It is was it is'. But - it worked. A nice big spot was clean out in front of the house (we have a 2 car garage, but 3 cars, lol.) That was until the city plow actually came down the street. We have an alley facing the front of my house off the park. Yup - they shoved the snow from there toward my house...lovely mountain we had there, lol. Hubby was out there for 2 hours snowblowing the spot he was so proud of keeping cleared with no extra work LMAO! Boy, was he Ticked!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
ellyp wrote:
my sushi secret wrote:

Where do you live?

I live in the south suburbs of Chicago, but I work just west of the city.

The city and south burbs didn't really get much. Northwest burbs got hit pretty badly. My friend on 11th and Kedzie said he got 2 inches...yeah my parents got like 14 inches up in Long Grove. My car got stuck and couldn't get it out yesterday so no work for me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
ulana wrote:

Oh yea - by the time he came in he was a white dog!

Laughing when I first looked quickly at the pictures, I thought the middle one (your dog) was a penguin!! Anyone else see that???? Uh, no...ok, nevermind...
tina7006
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865,

Hi. I take it you live in Chicago? How did you post the pictures? I'm still learning to navigate the EDS forum. Thanks.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:

Laughing glad you cleared that up.. I was thinking that you must have been miffed at the neighbours for parking in front of your hours and wanted to give them a bit of a "kiss" with your p-mobile! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
You lucky girl! Haha....I miss snow so much it's ridiculous.

I've come to the conclusion that Christmas never comes to AZ...it was so weird to wake up on Christmas morning last year. No snow. Decorating a cactus doesn't count!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
You guys have got nothing on Montreal snow & cold-although it has been comparatively balmy this year. First snow today & only 2cm.I guess the west got it all. Three days ago it was 16C (that's plus 16). Next day, it went down to plus 2..today it's minus 6. Wacky weather. We should have mountains of snow by now. But.....still early...wait till January!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |