Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty- A Review of 8 Products (after 6 months of use)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
It's been 6 months since I began my Juice Beauty regime and in that time I have experienced some excellent improvements in my skin tone. My original quest was to fade the remaining freckles on my nose and cheeks, improve some dullness and even-out some annoying blotchy patches. I am happy to report my skin is perfectly even, much brighter and I have NO freckles.Dancing There is no doubt in my mind that the Hydroxy-acid in these products (combined with a multitude of other organic goodies), has really helped me achieve the results I was after.

As I used 8 different products from the JB line, most have been reviewed here but some have not. In order to not bore you all, I will begin with the items that we haven't heard much about - JB Nutrient Moisturizer, JB Green Apple Moisturizer SPF 15 and JB Green Apple Nutrient Mask.

*Nutrient Moisturizer* - Used 1 X Daily - This was a tricky moisturzier to get used to because it is very thick and cream-like in texture. For me, it was too heavy to wear during the summer so I would recommend it as a good moisturizer for winter. With that said, I have used up the entire jar since late September and miss it now that it's gone. It definitely needs thirsty skin to absorb best, otherwise it will sit on your skin and feel tacky. It never caused a single break-out or clogged my pores in any way. As for the packaging, I have no complaints.

*Green Apple Moisturizer SPF 15* - Used 1 X Daily- Very light texture that is best for warmer temperatures. I like the soft citris scent and found the SPF effective. I'm on my second bottle and have never had a break-out or clogged pores. My one concern is the occasional lack of proper penetration - it sometimes sits on my skin or balls up (for me, it is a bit finiky). This may be *user error* though. Perhaps I am not waiting long enough after applying the Green Apple Antioxidant Serum before I apply this moisturizer. As for the packaging, I absolutely HATE it! The air pump has never worked properly for more than a few days (and this was consistent with both bottles). I find I am forced to open the bottle and bash the moisturizer into my palm every day. JB really needs to improve this.

*Green Apple Nutrient Mask* - Used Once Weekly-The consistency of this mask is very watery. The directions tell you to apply a generous layer, but I find that almost impossible as it's simply too thin. I am still on my 1st bottle and can safely say I will not repurchase this product again. Out of all the JB products this was one that did literally nothing for me - good or bad. In terms of the packaging, I found it difficult to apply the mask from the jar. It took me a thousand and one dabs back and forth before my face was sufficiently covered with this watery product. Do not recommend. Not talking

The products below have been talked about before, but I'd like to throw in my 2 cents worth!

Green Apple Antioxidant Serum -Used 2 X Daily- LOVE this serum so much I am about to start my 3rd bottle! I did originally have trouble with it leaving a sticky residue on my face until I started a regular routine of Green Apple Peels. By week 4 it began to absorb immediately and I've never experienced anything sticky since. I feel certain this serum is helping to keep any wrinkles and unevenness at bay. It has also never caused a break-out or clogged my pores. The pump bottle is great and the serum lasts a good long while. Definitely great value for the money.

Green Apple Nutrient Eye Cream - Used 2 X Daily - Would feel naked without it. This cream is a very light hydrator that absorbs easily and does not leave my eye area feeling weighed down once I apply another moisturizer (or make-up). It softened the lines under my eyes and helped lessen the look of crepy lids (though not as much as I'd like Wink ). The one big negative is the pump dispenser. Like others have mentioned, the pump dispenses enough cream for both eyes at once so you end up with too much. And the tube on the pump does not reach the bottom of the bottle so a good amount gets trapped before it is completely finished. I end up storing the bottle upside down and opening it manually to scoop out the remainder. I've just finished my second bottle and it was no different from the first. Though a good product, the packaging really needs to be improved.

Green Apple Peel - Full Strength - Used 1 to 2 X Weekly for 30 minutes
- Great peel that is light in texture! I am on my second 2 oz bottle and couldn't be happier! I have somewhat sensitive skin so it has been really hard to find a peel I feel safe enough to use on a regular basis. This product does not irritate my skin at all. And I always apply the Green Apple or regular Antioxidant Serum following the peel for optimum results. Do not have a problem with the jar either.

Antioxidant Serum - Used 2 X Daily- I purchased a bottle of this to compare it to the Green Apple Antioxidant Serum. Though I felt it tighten my skin a bit more, I also experienced constant problems with stickiness. I had to really play around with applying light moisturizers on top of this serum in order to eliminate the sticky factor on my skin. I used the entire bottle, but would not repurchase because of the difficulties described above. The packaging was also not my favorite because I prefer pump bottles over those with an eye-dropper dispenser.

Trio of Tinted Lip Moisturizers SPF 15 - Use 2 X Daily - I like all three of these tinted Lip Balms and use them everyday. The colors are very nice and they've really helped me overcome my chronically chapped lips. I did find them hard in texture in the beginning (sort of had to mash them into my lips), but they've all softened with use and glide on smoothly now. For the money, pretty good value!

I think most people will find at least one Juice Beauty product they'll love. It really is an effective and economical beauty line (albeit one with some packaging problems that could stand to be re-designed Wink).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Great review! Very interesting!
Thanks for posting.

Smile
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:08 am      Reply with quote
This was very informative. Thanks for the review. I, too, really like the Apple Peel Mask. Now, I might just have to try to get my hands on some of that Tinted Lip Moisturizer. Think

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
thank you for the excellent review
Rimi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review! I had the same problem with the Antioxidant Serum - sticky texture, does not feel pleasant - although it does have some good antioxidants, and I will use up the bottle I have - I won't repurchase. I'll try the Green Apple Peel next time.

The Green Apple peel is a gem!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone - Glad to know the review is helpful! I just wanted to add another important feature that I really loved about all the moisturizers and serums. Each one had a lovely soft smell that disappears upon application and NONE of them have ever stung or irritated my eyes should any of the product accidentally slipped into them. I have a habit of gently working my eye creams over the entire orbital area, including my eyelashes. This has often resulted in blinking the product into my eyes. Many other creams and serums have burned like crazy when this happened and caused lots of tearing - but not Juice Beauty!!! They are exceptionally gentle products, which explains why they never have ANY warnings on their packaging that say, "avoid contact with eye area" or "do not apply around eye area". I know I have been spoiled by this and will likely blind myself silly as soon as I begin using new serums in the future.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
oh,great reviews,and i love juice beauty now because the redness serum.and i would try more products^^
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great reviews! I've been dying to try some of these products so it's really helped. I'm eyeing up the Apple Peel! Very Happy
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Great review! Just a couple of questions though - what type of skin do you have? and have you tried any of their cleansers?. Thanks

Cathryn
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Great review! Just a couple of questions though - what type of skin do you have? and have you tried any of their cleansers?. Thanks

Cathryn

Hi Cathryn! I am fair and have semi-sensitive skin that is normal-to-dry with a slightly oily T-zone. I have not tried any of the Juice Beauty cleansers yet (Wink), as I've been so enamored with the DIY recipes of the Dr. Hauschka Cleaning Cream and the OCM cleanser from this site. Here is a quick link should you want to check these out - http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

I do know, however, that I intend to make some time this week to hit my local Sears in the hopes of finding the Juice Beauty Cleansing Gel, Green Apple Cleansing Gel and Exfoliating Cleanser. I've had my eye on these cleansers since the summer, but couldn't make up my mind which one to try first. I've finally decided I'll buy them ALL <heck, it's Xmas afterall!> and rotate through them till I find the one that suits me best.

If you haven't tried any of the Juice Beauty line and want to sample some of the more popular products, EDS has a "Juice Beauty Organics to Go Kit" for $33/Cdn. It contains sample sizes of the following:

• Cleansing Milk 2 oz
• Antioxidant Serum 5 ml
• Green Apple Peel Sensitive Try Me size
• Oil Free Moisturizer 1 oz
• Hydrating Mist 1 oz

It also includes a bonus gift of a luxurious, soft, organic bamboo face cloth <ooohhh, this sounds very nice!> Cool

HTH - If you have any other questions, fire away!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
scotslass - you said this got rid of all your freckles, so my question is did you have a lot of freckles to begin with and were they light or dark? I have just started on the bliss sleeping peel and oxygen mask and if that does not get rid of my freckles I may have to try the juice beauty! Thanks in advance.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ScotsLass,
Thanks for a most informative reply! I was hoping that we have the same type of skin since you've had such luck with Juice Beauty products - but alas I have very oily skin and acne. The "Juice Beauty Organics to Go Kit" sounds like a great deal. I suppose I could give the cleansing milk to my mom - ha,ha. I didn't realize that Sears carries JB - do you know if they have sample sizes for sale?
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
scotslass - you said this got rid of all your freckles, so my question is did you have a lot of freckles to begin with and were they light or dark? I have just started on the bliss sleeping peel and oxygen mask and if that does not get rid of my freckles I may have to try the juice beauty! Thanks in advance.

Hi rileygirl! My freckles developed as a result of tanning and not wearing a daily moisturizer with sunscreen, so they varied in number and darkness depending on the time of year. Historically, they were very pronounced throughout the summers and I was often nick-named "freckles" by guys who thought they were "cute" <yuck!>. Since I stopped tanning completely more than two years ago and never go out without wearing sunscreen, my freckles faded a lot on their own but did not disappear completely until I began my Juice Beauty regime. I had read that *sun-induced* freckles are superficial collections of skin pigment that have accumulated within the top layer of skin (the same is said about sun spots and age spots). My skin can be very sensitive to non-organic products, so rather than try something aggressive like a chemical peel at the dermatologists office (which was recommended), I decided to try the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel and see if I could gently remove the damaged skin pigment on my own. In the beginning I used the JB Peel Full Strength twice a week for 30 minutes each time (which is twice as often and 3X longer than what the directions say to do). I also used the Anti-oxidant serums after every peel, and again each day in the AM and PM. I believe the serums really added to the process because they contain lots of great ingredients for your skin in addition to Vit-C which will lighten hyperpigmentation.

I saw some amazing results within the first 4-6 weeks and had several people commenting on how even and bright my complextion was. I guess all the weekly peels and serums and extra SPF paid off because at some point I realized I did not have anymore freckles on my face Dancing . A word of caution: I had to wear extra sunscreen from the moment I started with the peels, etc., because the Hydroxy Acids in the JB products did cause Photosensitivity for me. I also discovered the quickest way to keep the freckles active is to be outside during any time of year without sunscreen. Even driving in your car with your hand in the sun will attract a nice sun-spot or freckle very easily. Sunscreen is so important!!!

I think the methods used to fade or get rid of your freckles depends on whether you were born with them (ie., natural red-heads who often have lots of natural freckles), or if the freckles are *sun-induced*. I have not tried any of the Bliss Sleeping Peel line but think it is very interesting. Are you using the "Sleeping Peel Exfoliating Mask", or the "Sleeping Peel Liver Spot Lifter"? I have some nasty sun spots on my shoulders and chest, so I'm very keen to try the Sleeping Peel Liver Spot Lifter - it's received some rave reviews here.

Hope this answers some of your questions Riley, and that you find success against your battle with the mighty freckle! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
thank you for sharing... Surprised
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Hi ScotsLass,
Thanks for a most informative reply! I was hoping that we have the same type of skin since you've had such luck with Juice Beauty products - but alas I have very oily skin and acne. The "Juice Beauty Organics to Go Kit" sounds like a great deal. I suppose I could give the cleansing milk to my mom - ha,ha. I didn't realize that Sears carries JB - do you know if they have sample sizes for sale?

Hey Cathryn - I know there is an excellent Juice Beauty serum for acne, and that several members have raved about it here (do a search for Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum and check-out the Redness Reducing Serum which is great for skin irritation). I rarely have acne but it can be triggered easily in response to skincare products. This is why I stated in my review that the products did not cause any break-outs - it's a total crab shoot whether or not my skin goes through some terrible periods of adjustment when I try something new. I think you will be pleasantly surprised to find something from the JB line that you'll love.

The only sample of any Juice Beauty product I've ever found is the "Green Apple Peel Try Me" size - 0.25 oz (available in both the Full Strength and Sensitive versions). I wish they had more sample sizes out there, but they don't. This is why I think the JB Organic Kit is a great way to explore some of the products without paying full price. As for finding the products at Sears Canada - the department store began to carry the line this spring but found that sales were really poor. They have since decided to discontinue the line and have marked down ALL products by 60% . The biggest challenge now is finding a Sears store that still has some stock! For the money you will save, it's well worth the trip. Hope this helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
scotslass - thank you so much for the information and help. My freckles are sun induced as I did not have them in grade school photos, only as I aged. I did not use sunscreen for many years either! Right now for the bliss products I am just using their regular sleeping peel (my mistake on my order, I was after the liver spots, but the regular sleeping peel is supposed to address the freckles also), as well as their new oxygen mask, which can be used up to 3 times a week and is supposed to help with ligthening of freckles. I just received/started these 2 products on the 12th of this month, so way too early to tell. I read all the rave reviews on the bliss, too, which is why I ordered this! I think I may add the JB peel, and I just ordered the JB SPF30 tint. (I have been trying all sorts of sunscreens, and after reading the thread on "what's the best everyday sunscreen", I decided on the JB one. I believe it was delated that said sometimes the chemical s/s can cause darkening of freckles. I have decided to give the physical one a try). Anyway, thanks so much again for your help. I would LOVE an even complexion and no freckles. I will post in 4-6 weeks about my results with the bliss products, but I am definitely interested in the JB stuff now!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
...I didn't realize that Sears carries JB - do you know if they have sample sizes for sale?

Forgot to mention that YES, I did see the "Green Apple Peel Try Me" samples at Sears Canada - but again, have never come across any other samples of the Juice Beauty products. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
scotslass - thank you so much for the information and help. My freckles are sun induced as I did not have them in grade school photos, only as I aged. I did not use sunscreen for many years either! Right now for the bliss products I am just using their regular sleeping peel (my mistake on my order, I was after the liver spots, but the regular sleeping peel is supposed to address the freckles also), as well as their new oxygen mask, which can be used up to 3 times a week and is supposed to help with ligthening of freckles. I just received/started these 2 products on the 12th of this month, so way too early to tell. I read all the rave reviews on the bliss, too, which is why I ordered this! I think I may add the JB peel, and I just ordered the JB SPF30 tint. (I have been trying all sorts of sunscreens, and after reading the thread on "what's the best everyday sunscreen", I decided on the JB one. I believe it was delated that said sometimes the chemical s/s can cause darkening of freckles. I have decided to give the physical one a try). Anyway, thanks so much again for your help. I would LOVE an even complexion and no freckles. I will post in 4-6 weeks about my results with the bliss products, but I am definitely interested in the JB stuff now!

Happy to help in any way! I can't wait to read your review about the Bliss Sleeping Peel and Oxygen Mask in '07 - these products sound really cool (my fingers are firmly crossed that you achieve the results you're looking for!). I also hope you really like your JB Tinted Moisturizer w/SPF-30. One of things I LOVE about all the Juice Beauty products with SPF in them is they do not smell chemically. Before I discovered the JB moisturizers, I bought several other organic versions with SPF and they all stunk like a funky type of suntan lotion. For an organic line, JB really is great! Hope you like it just as much and that you come back here and share your experience with us in the future. wave

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:20 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
doodles wrote:

Cathryn

Hi Cathryn! I am fair and have semi-sensitive skin that is normal-to-dry with a slightly oily T-zone. I have not tried any of the Juice Beauty cleansers yet (Wink), as I've been so enamored with the DIY recipes of the Dr. Hauschka Cleaning Cream and the OCM cleanser from this site. Here is a quick link should you want to check these out - http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

I do know, however, that I intend to make some time this week to hit my local Sears in the hopes of finding the Juice Beauty Cleansing Gel, Green Apple Cleansing Gel and Exfoliating Cleanser. I've had my eye on these cleansers since the summer, but couldn't make up my mind which one to try first. I've finally decided I'll buy them ALL <heck, it's Xmas afterall!> and rotate through them till I find the one that suits me best.

If you haven't tried any of the Juice Beauty line and want to sample some of the more popular products, EDS has a "Juice Beauty Organics to Go Kit" for $33/Cdn. It contains sample sizes of the following:

• Cleansing Milk 2 oz
• Antioxidant Serum 5 ml
• Green Apple Peel Sensitive Try Me size
• Oil Free Moisturizer 1 oz
• Hydrating Mist 1 oz

It also includes a bonus gift of a luxurious, soft, organic bamboo face cloth <ooohhh, this sounds very nice!> Cool

HTH - If you have any other questions, fire away!!!

antioxidant serum is not suitable for winter to me
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
i tried the blemish serum, yuck, dont like the sticky texture at all. and it is too mild on blemish. didnt work for me at all
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |