Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Vivier Vitamin-C IDS High Potency Serum 20%
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Marsha, I think the reason to wait 15 minutes before adding anything else is that you don't want to change the pH of your skin, as you would if you used another product, to ensure that the Vitamin C is at the correct concentration for efficacy. After 15 minutes or so, it will have had enough time to penetrate.

I will admit that the first year or so I used a C serum, I didn't know you were supposed to wait. It still seemed to work to even skin tone and blotchiness, even used "incorrectly." So I wouldn't obsess about it--it's just that I like to get all of the effect that I am paying for!
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am very interested in purchasing the Vit C 20%. I have used the Obagi 20% and I am curious to try something else. I am wondering what the difference is between the Vit C with Kinerol and just the Vit C 20%. Thanks!
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Vitamin C is the first thing to go on, and you should wait at least 15 minutes before adding anything over it.

It's best in the morning, when it gives added protection against UV from sunlight.

Hi Flitcraft,

I did not realise one should wait 15 mins before applying cream. This may explain why I had noticed one of my moisturizers caused an itch following the serum.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
everella wrote:
flitcraft wrote:
Vitamin C is the first thing to go on, and you should wait at least 15 minutes before adding anything over it.

It's best in the morning, when it gives added protection against UV from sunlight.

Hi Flitcraft,

I did not realise one should wait 15 mins before applying cream. This may explain why I had noticed one of my moisturizers caused an itch following the serum.

I always wait between each skin care application so that the product has time to soak into my skin. It can be annoying if you are in a hurry to go to work.
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I also read in other posts that your face has to be dry before applying the C serum. I am no expert so I don't really know why but I had been following this advise. In fact, I used my BQ before applying my C serum. The heat from the BQ makes sure my face is dry.
It seems to be working! I love my Vit C serum!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:02 am      Reply with quote
I am so glad that you like it. I think this line is safe for all skin types except for the one that has vitamin C & E. Not that great for acne prone skin.
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Skincare wrote:
Here is the ingredients...
ethoxydiglycol
propylene glycol
purified water
l-ascorbic acid USP (vitamin C)
grapefruit extract
fragrance

I have never detected fragrance scent and I have to admit that this is the first time I have read the ingredients that I can remember. I am smelling the bottle right now and I can't smell anything.

Does the ingredient list look good?

Hi Skincare - I am so excited about trying this serum and am relieved to hear that you are loving your results - especially after 2 years! I am also thrilled that you have used other popular serums only to return to Vivier as you found it more effective!! <WOW!>

If I had any concerns at all about his product it would be the first ingredient listed - ethoxydiglycol. I noticed it while researching the Vivier/20% ingredients 3 days ago and am baffled by it. I do not understand what it does or why it would be listed first? Can anyone else explain it's purpose and high listing in the ingredients for me?

Other than this one concern, I am totally 'stoked' about trying this great sounding serum!

Hi ScotsLass,

This is extremely scary as ethoxydiglycol can cause reproductive toxicity and cancer. Any further information?
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
I used to use Viver vitamin C and really liked the results, however I switched to Skinceuticals vit c and ferlic and absolutely love the results.

Hi Pal,

I'm just wondering why you changed?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:16 am      Reply with quote
everella wrote:
pal wrote:
I used to use Viver vitamin C and really liked the results, however I switched to Skinceuticals vit c and ferlic and absolutely love the results.

Hi Pal,

I'm just wondering why you changed?

I tried Skinceuticals vitamin C and felic and it made me break out. This is why I went back to Vivier. Just looking at my skin, you can tell that it works, but it took awhile but it worked.
lonestar
5% products discount

Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
My derm recommended this and I absolutely love it! It is oil free and it just soaks right in! I was getting compliments at to how my skin was glowing..could also be partly b/c I am 4.5 months pregnant but still I think the serum had something to do with it until I unfortunately knocked the bottle and about half of it went all over the counter to my utter dismay!!! Embarassed But anyways I really recommend this product and also I should mention I did not feel any stinging. I have normal/combo skin but in the past few yrs was breaking out for some reason. My derm recommended the whole Vivier line but not too crazy about the cleanser. I just wish the price of the serum was not so steep!!
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking for a VitC serum with ferulic acid in it. Can anyone recommend one please?
nevava
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:14 am      Reply with quote
It seems to replace Cellex_C's position, Laughing
sophie123
5% products discount

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
hi i just wanted to know if any of u can help, im using c serum by lots of other companies one of them being skinceuticals, and the other chas by skin actives,i need to use them up before i can use this one, please can anyone tell me if i bought this now and stored it without opening how long will it be ok for? i mean do i have to use it soon as i purchase it or is it possible to store it for later use?
sophie123
5% products discount

Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
i cant help but get tempted to buy it im going to be bank rupt soon as im only 27 and every penny i earn i blow it on high end skincare hehe, too much stress is ageing me, erm has anyone discovered the best anti ageing cream from the age of 28/30

really would appreciate any advice as i suffer from alot of stress related disorders which take their toll on my skin more than the average person, -ive already got lots of white hair loll, dont know why im laughing at that !
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C and sunblock is good prevention and correction products
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
How does it compared to Obagi Vitamin C 20%? Obagi has a lower price.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
sophie123 wrote:
hi i just wanted to know if any of u can help, im using c serum by lots of other companies one of them being skinceuticals, and the other chas by skin actives,i need to use them up before i can use this one, please can anyone tell me if i bought this now and stored it without opening how long will it be ok for? i mean do i have to use it soon as i purchase it or is it possible to store it for later use?

This product has an expiry date on the box. Perhaps you can email EDS and ask them what is the expiry date of their current batch so that you can judge how long you can store it for.
chyi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
is it works on the fine lines on the eyes ?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Very much so!
CamenRose

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare, could you help? You mentioned you could use VC serum around the eye area,since I've never done that, could you recommend a product that's gentle enough to start with? I have combo skin.
dumbo72
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I started using Cellcosmet Elasto-Collagen Lighting 3 weeks ago, twice a day, tried to get rid of some brown spots on my cheek. Two weeks later I noticed that the spots on my cheek are darker and there are some more spots coming out. Sad Terrible!!! I stopped using it now, and just bought this Vit C serum and Remergent DNA recovery, hope they could save my skin. Anyone can give me some advice? Thanks!
lilprincess

Sun May 02, 2010 2:54 am      Reply with quote
im thinking of getting serum 20%.. is it suitable for acne prone skin ?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 5:48 am      Reply with quote
lilprincess wrote:

This is very safe for acne prone skin. The texture of this serum is oily and soaks in. You have to allow it to soak in for 20 minutes before you apply your AHA/BHA products or moisturizer and sunscreen.
lilprincess

Mon May 03, 2010 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
lilprincess wrote:

This is very safe for acne prone skin. The texture of this serum is oily and soaks in. You have to allow it to soak in for 20 minutes before you apply your AHA/BHA products or moisturizer and sunscreen.

AHA is suppose to come after vit c serum? I thought it should cme after.. ?_?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
lilprincess wrote:
Skincare wrote:
lilprincess wrote:

AHA is suppose to come after vit c serum? I thought it should cme after.. ?_?

Yes, this is what I was told and followed this rule for years. I put on vit. C, then my AHA
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |