Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Vivier Vitamin-C IDS High Potency Serum 20%
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds right Scots...Vivier want to make sure that all questions are answered before you purchase.

I look forward to your PM Very Happy
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
If I had any concerns at all about his product it would be the first ingredient listed - ethoxydiglycol. I noticed it while researching the Vivier/20% ingredients 3 days ago and am baffled by it. I do not understand what it does or why it would be listed first? Can anyone else explain it's purpose and high listing in the ingredients for me?

Other than this one concern, I am totally 'stoked' about trying this great sounding serum!

ScotsLass I am curious about this ingredient too. The Skinceuticles C serums also contain ethoxydiglycol but it is listed after the ascorbic acid so they are using a lower percentage than Vivier. I looked this ingredient up on Paula Begoun's website and she said that it is a solvent. Here is what she says about solvents, "Describes a large group of ingredients, including water, that are used to dissolve or break down other ingredients in a formulation. Solvents are also used to degrease skin and to remove sebum". My guess is that they are using it to dissolve some ingredient into the serum.

Could you please post Vivier's reply on this thread. I would be interested to hear what they say in response to your question. Thanks.
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone else used both Vivier 20% C and PSF 20% C? I need to order very soon and after reading this review not sure which one to get. Have been using PSF however not entirely happy with the packaging (don't believe it's completely airtight), otherwise have good results with it.

Thanks! Appreciate any feedback.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:17 am      Reply with quote
yesterday evening is my first time to use my viver ec serum sample.
i love it because it is not sticky.
sc's is some Cool sticky
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I can't use Vivier E&C because it makes me break out.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
If I had any concerns at all about his product it would be the first ingredient listed - ethoxydiglycol. I noticed it while researching the Vivier/20% ingredients 3 days ago and am baffled by it. I do not understand what it does or why it would be listed first? Can anyone else explain it's purpose and high listing in the ingredients for me?

Other than this one concern, I am totally 'stoked' about trying this great sounding serum!

ScotsLass I am curious about this ingredient too. The Skinceuticles C serums also contain ethoxydiglycol but it is listed after the ascorbic acid so they are using a lower percentage than Vivier. I looked this ingredient up on Paula Begoun's website and she said that it is a solvent. Here is what she says about solvents, "Describes a large group of ingredients, including water, that are used to dissolve or break down other ingredients in a formulation. Solvents are also used to degrease skin and to remove sebum". My guess is that they are using it to dissolve some ingredient into the serum.

Could you please post Vivier's reply on this thread. I would be interested to hear what they say in response to your question. Thanks.

Hi TheresaL - My first email to Vivier (that I sent late Tuesday night) did not go through and I received a Mailer Daemon notice today. I have since found another email address for Vivier and resent my original message. Hopefully this one will work and I will receive a reply from them shortly.

It's interesting to know that SkinCeuticals is also using Ethoxydiglycol in their serums. I'm wondering if the Ethoxydiglycol is used to dissolve the L-Ascorbic Acid in the serum? From my understanding, any serum that contains more than 12% L-Ascorbic Acid needs water or something else to dissolve the powder - otherwise it won't break down and will float in the serum.

I can't wait to hear back from Vivier in order to learn the purpose of this solvent. I will definitely post their response once I receive it! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
oriana808 wrote:
Has anyone else used both Vivier 20% C and PSF 20% C? I need to order very soon and after reading this review not sure which one to get. Have been using PSF however not entirely happy with the packaging (don't believe it's completely airtight), otherwise have good results with it.

Thanks! Appreciate any feedback.

I've used both serums and I believe the packaging is the same--dropper style bottles. hth Smile
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone! It took not one, but two failed emails to Vivier before I gave in and phoned them this week. It then took two more phone calls and a final email before I received an answer regarding the use of Ethoxydiglycol (BTW: I asked what exactly is it and it's purpose and why it is listed first in the serums). Though the live customer service was good, it still required a lot of back and forth before I was given an answer. Anyhoo, as promised here is their email response about the use of this ingredient in their products:

Quote:
Hello Lorraine,

Again, thank you for your interest in the Vivier products. Please find below the answer to your question from our expert here at Vivier Pharma. I am sure this will help you out. Should you need further information, please let us know.

Please verify our website atwww.vivierpharma.com to get more information on all our products.

Best Regards,

Johanne Rozon
Customer Service and Sales Support Coordinator
Coordonnatrice du service à la clientèle et support aux ventes
Vivier Pharma Inc.

Hi Johanne,

Both ethoxydiglycol and propylene glycol are ingredients commonly used in cosmetic products. We use these 2 ingredients in our serums as part of the IDS (Intra Dermal System) , where ethoxydiglycol and propylene glycol help stabilize and deliver the Vitamin C. They are both recognized by the FDA as safe, especially when used in cosmetic products. Ethoxydiglycol and propylene glycol are considered solvents, where they are water soluble (dissolves in water). Vitamin C is also water soluble and thus our serums are water based. This is why our Vitamin C serums penetrate so well.

Just like anything else, too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Applying a few drops of our serums topically is considered minimal exposure and used in moderation.

Hope this helps.

Ryan Smith, B.Sc.
International Training Manager
Vivier Pharma Inc.

This is exactly what I thought they'd say. No new info for me here Sad . What does everyone else think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I think you should try Candy's triple C serum. I had tested it for her and after a rave review and much pleading, she's made it available on her website. I think I've tried just about every C serum out there and this stuff is just truly incredible. I really couldn't give it higher grades!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:

This is exactly what I thought they'd say. No new info for me here Sad . What does everyone else think?

I agree no new information.....It sounds like they are using it as a penetration enhancer along with the PG. I wonder how ethoxydigylcol and PG stabilize the Vitamin C though?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass? Where do you buy Vivier? From EDS or somewhere in Toronto? DId you notice a big price difference?
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare! I haven't tried any of the Vivier products yet as I am still in the process of researching them. However, if I were ready to purchase I would seriously consider buying it here at EDS for $80/bottle. My preliminary searches have found a few Ontario Derm office's who are selling their Vivier Vit-C 20% concentration online for approximately $73-$85 a bottle. Based on this I feel you get better value buying through EDS because; a) you get to use your member discount; b) you only pay one tax (6% GST) as the product is being shipped outside of BC; and c) you are entitled to a *FREE* gift of your choice whenever you buy something here <gotta like that!>. Even with the additional cost of shipping, you virtually break even with EDS (or in some cases come in a few bucks lower than Ontario). The added value of a free gift with purchase makes this a very attractive offer. This is why I would buy Vivier at EDS.

HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:56 am      Reply with quote
I used to use Viver vitamin C and really liked the results, however I switched to Skinceuticals vit c and ferlic and absolutely love the results.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:14 am      Reply with quote
i use its ec serum now,i love love love it Laughing
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Hi Skincare! I haven't tried any of the Vivier products yet as I am still in the process of researching them. However, if I were ready to purchase I would seriously consider buying it here at EDS for $80/bottle. My preliminary searches have found a few Ontario Derm office's who are selling their Vivier Vit-C 20% concentration online for approximately $73-$85 a bottle. Based on this I feel you get better value buying through EDS because; a) you get to use your member discount; b) you only pay one tax (6% GST) as the product is being shipped outside of BC; and c) you are entitled to a *FREE* gift of your choice whenever you buy something here <gotta like that!>. Even with the additional cost of shipping, you virtually break even with EDS (or in some cases come in a few bucks lower than Ontario). The added value of a free gift with purchase makes this a very attractive offer. This is why I would buy Vivier at EDS.

HTH Smile

I do puchase mine from EDS, I was just interested if you knew where it was sold in Toronto.

I tried Skinceuticals CE Ferlic and I found that my skin broke out really bad and uncontrolable. I never had that problem with Vivier with exception of C & E.
lilyai
5% products discount

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the review! This is on my list too.
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Thx, I will try it after finish the Cellular skin Rx C=Firming serum. Cool
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I used a sample of it.It is a little oily to me.But good fragrance and soft feeling.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
dreamcat wrote:
I used a sample of it.It is a little oily to me.But good fragrance and soft feeling.

The texture of this serum is thicker, made me panic when I thought there is oil in it but there isn't and leaves a nice glow. I can apply my Cellcosmet Ultra Vital cream or the Sensetive cream on top and I don't feel any heavy feeling on my skin. Then I apply my Skinceuticals sunblock and I'm done.

Above is part of my original review. Yes, I agree with you that it feels oily. I did panic about that. I was told that I am putting too much on. It will feel a bit slick but should not feel oily and if it does, don't you find it takes longer to soak into your skin?

I just hope it does not cause acne for you because that would make me feel disappointed. I would hope that my review saved you time and money on searching for the right Vitamin C. Very Happy
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I agree this does feel a little oily going on, however, after a minute or two on my skin it fully absorbs and I'm not left with much left over shine. I bought this as a replacement of the IS Clinical Super Serum which I really liked, but I had read reviews saying the Vivier C 20% didn't "turn" as quickly. So far I'm very impressed and haven't experienced any breakouts myself (I would say my skin can be breakout prone with certain products).
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I love Vivier 20% C-serum. I find the scent very pleasant and I love how it absorbs but I do prefer to use it in the fall and winter than summer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I am embarrassed to say that I can't smell anything. I hope there is no perfume in it. Confused

I agree with Wild Cat. Better to use in fall/winter and maybe in the spring. I've heard many good things about Cellex-C for hot humid weather. I just received another Vivier, so I don't think I will switch to IS Clinical. Like I said before, it was nice, but did not brighten my skin any further and like you said Moonstarr, it "turn" a little bit too quickly for me. But the texture would be nice for the summer.

Just to let you know, even though I am prone to cystic acne, I found that Vivier did not contribute to the problem, including the humid summer days. It's the texture and again, I've learned not to overdo the application.
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely love Vivier 20%. I have been using the 10% and Kine-C every other day for about two months. I just moved up to the 20%, which I am also alternating with the Kine-C.

I think this product is awesome and I can already notice that my skin looks better. I have used Cellex-C and Candy's Triple C and Vivier is the best in my opinion.
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
VMP40 that's great that you love the 20%.

I am currently using the Vivier 10% and Kine C and I love it, the texture is amazing!
I was also thinking that when I finish the bottle to go for the 20%.

Please update in a few weeks and let us know your progress with the 20%.

ETA:

VMP40 Do you find that the consistancy of the 20% is the same as the 10% with Kine C?
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Same questions as mishie Very Happy

I also am loving my Vivier 10 and hope to graduate to the 20%.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |