Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Where Can I Find These Clip-on Hair Extensions in Canada?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Calling all Canadian members - does anyone know where I can buy Jessica Simpsons' clip-on "Hair-Do" extensions or POP ("Put-on-Pieces") clip-on hair extensions in Canada? I believe there are a few salons in the Toronto area that carry the Jessica Simpson clip-ons - I just don't know which ones they are. Does anyone else know?

I also heard that the JS clip-on's may be sold in kiosks in certain Ontario malls, but again, I don't know which ones. Confused Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks everyone!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to know as well! I have been searching for them in Vancouver- no luck yet!
simplenpure
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Try Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre, one store there sells clip-on hair extensions.

Good Luck!!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:41 am      Reply with quote
simplenpure wrote:
Try Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre, one store there sells clip-on hair extensions.

Good Luck!!

Thanks Simplenpure! I will try Vaughan Mills and see if I come across them. I've heard great things on other (US) forums about these extensions. Apparently they are fairly inexpensive and look very authentic. I'm hoping I'll find them soon.... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
The best and least expensive route would be to go to a "black hair care" beauty supply. they have tons of hair, human and synthetic. You just buy the wig clips and cut the extensions to the size you want (it comes in like a 5ft strand) and sew them on.

I did it last weekend and found the PERFECT color (brown with some gold highlights) for my hair. My hair is really long in the back but shorter in front (due to a stylist that gave me a "face framing" cut that I did NOT ask for. so I just add a couple on each side in front and it looks fabulous and no one can tell. Just tease your hair at the root clip on and pull the natural hair over.

Spent $30 on the hair-yep, $30 for all that hair-human too!
and $15 for the wig clips but you can find them online for even less I bet.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:54 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
The best and least expensive route would be to go to a "black hair care" beauty supply. they have tons of hair, human and synthetic. You just buy the wig clips and cut the extensions to the size you want (it comes in like a 5ft strand) and sew them on.

I did it last weekend and found the PERFECT color (brown with some gold highlights) for my hair. My hair is really long in the back but shorter in front (due to a stylist that gave me a "face framing" cut that I did NOT ask for. so I just add a couple on each side in front and it looks fabulous and no one can tell. Just tease your hair at the root clip on and pull the natural hair over.

Spent $30 on the hair-yep, $30 for all that hair-human too!
and $15 for the wig clips but you can find them online for even less I bet.

Thanks wenrwdy - I have heard of a beauty supply store near me that sells 'curtains' of real hair that can be cut in length as well as individual sections, which is similar to extentions. It is pretty inexpensive and an option I may end up exploring further should I not find the clip-on's I'm looking for. The downside to the 'curtain' is I will have to bring it to a stylist to have it cut before the pieces can be attached (and the method of attaching is not as simple as a clip-on - the stylist would probably have to do it for me). I'd just love to find something that looks great and is no fuss to attach on my own. BTW, this is where I got my inspiration from: http://hairextensions.com/home.php?cat=10

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Yes the "curtains" are what I was referring to. I bought them and cut them myself and then sewed the wig clips on and viola!

A tip to do it yourself to create length is also to make sure you attach them to where they are not in rows that are right across from each other. Apply one on the bottom row and then the next on just above and to the right, the next one just above and on the other side.

You can have someone help you with this in the back.

I did have a stylist help cut and attach one time and it was the cost of an updo
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Girls,

If you purchase this take a pic with it on and off. I'd like to see how they look. I have extremely long hair so I don't need it, but curious to see how 'real' they look. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I was in Sally's the other day and saw these extensions. $79!!! for the same hair I had. she went on to say that they are better than some others they have that are $9.99 but I think those were synthetic, must have been. She also said the package of the more $$$ had hair all from the same head. How can you prove that? anyone can say that.

My hair is fantastic and wonderful human hair.

Please try and find a black hair care supply. the selection is MUCH greater to get a better match and if the store is quite large like the one I found, better prices. DON'T pay $80 for a package. go through the phonebook until you find what you need.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Everyone - I found the Jessica Simpson "Hair-Do" extensions - YIPPY!!! They definitely look real and are dead easy to attach, but I've decided to hold off on purchasing anything until I color my hair. I have some grey hair sprouting in the front and top areas of my head and don't want to add any extensions as this will make the grey look more noticable than it is (the grey is quite sparkly and really contrasts a great deal against my brunette hair). Since I don't want to change my color and only want to cover the grey and richen it up a bit, I have bought the Wella Color Charm products that Carekate highly recommends for DIY color. It's just a matter of picking an evening this week to start the job. Once finished, I will go back to the store selling the JS extensions and see if I can find a color match. Before I make a final decision (because once you buy the extension, you own it for life!), I will explore the "curtain" extension system that Wenrwdy likes so much. It may make more sense to go this route as I can color the "curtain" with the Wella Color Charm dye, ensuring I have a perfect match. Wink I am so excited, and will do my best to take pictures and post them once I've finished with this project!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Scotslas- where did you find the Jessica Simpson clip ons?
I am in Vancouver
Thanks
CG
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
Scotslas- where did you find the Jessica Simpson clip ons?
I am in Vancouver
Thanks
CG

Hi CG - Smile I sent you a PM with info in your area!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:50 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
I have bought the Wella Color Charm products that Carekate highly recommends for DIY color.
You'll LOVE it! Don't forget to do the pre-coloring oil treatment for even more amazing results: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13727&highlight=precolor+treatment

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carrie! Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I intended to color my hair tonight but found your post before I started and have decided to hold off until tomorrow. Your suggestion to apply a protein treatment has really stopped me in my shoes because I am not certain if I really need to incorporate this step or not (?). Here is a brief background of my lid - I have healthy virgin hair that is quite fine and shiny but is very sensitive to most conditioners. In fact, even the lightest of conditioners must be applied sparingly on the ends only, or else I end up with extremely limp hair that refuses to style and looks oily instead of shiny. To give you another indication of how sensitive my hair is, I cannot use your beloved "Flawless In the Spotlight Greaseless Essential Oil Shine Serum" without my hair turning instantly limp. It doesn't matter how little I apply, the oils in the serum are just too much for my hair. I felt a bit heartbroken that this was my experience <definite big sigh>, but don't feel at a total loss as my hair still contains some natural shine on it's own.

Now that you have an idea of how hair-challenged I am, and before I proceed with a protein treatment. I just wanted to clarify that the purpose of this step is to ensure I achieve lasting color results that are richer and shinier, and not just a one day conditioning benefit. Is this correct?

Thanks for all your help, Carrie!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:40 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
I just wanted to clarify that the purpose of this step is to ensure I achieve lasting color results that are richer and shinier
Correct: the protein/oil pre-color treatment will ensure more even, richer, glossier hair color results, it's NOT a one-time conditioning benefit.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |