Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Neutrogena Copper Peptide Serum/Lotion -First Generation CP?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I did not tolerate SB CP serum which is the SECOND generation of CP products. I am not sure if it was the kind of copper (second generation) or something else in SkinBiology's products that gave me problems.

I would really like to be able to include CP in my skin care routine. Someone suggested to try the FIRST generation of CP products, since she also cannot use the sencond but does well on the first.

I am going to pick up and try Neutrogena's CP serum for my face and one scar I want to treat, and the CP body lotion to try use on my chest area.

Neutrogena is using the same CP as Neova. The concentration might be lower, but thats okay with me. You are supposed to start slow anyhow, and I wont take a chance of losing a lot of money if it doesnt work for me. I can always upgrade to somehitng stronger as Neova later on.

Has anyone tried the FIRST generation CP products and/or Neutrogena's brand and what was your experience?

Thanks Smile

I dont want to buy the Neova just yet, since they are very pricey and I want to make sure this time, that I tolerate CP at all. Should I not be able to tol
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
My sister's been using the Neutrogena Visibly Younger moisturiser for years since I got her excited about CPs and she had a bust up with Skinbio over delivery. Anyway it seems nice enough, but certainly nothing dramatic. Her skin's not bad for her age considering it's all she uses.
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Monica34,

I have used 80% of my Neutrogena Visibly Firm moisturiser. Molly said what I had to say about this moisturiser - nice enough but nothing dramatic. It's moisturising enough for day way and it did not sting at all. I just switched over to Skinbio's CP and is starting slow by diluting 2 drops to 8-9 drops of water. Too early to tell if this is better than Neutrogena's yet.

Since you had such a bad reaction to CP, you should just try Neutrogena's first before getting Neova since it's more affordable and not as strong (I'm just guessing). Hope it works for you! HTH

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Monica34 wrote:
I did not tolerate SB CP serum which is the SECOND generation of CP products. I am not sure if it was the kind of copper (second generation) or something else in SkinBiology's products that gave me problems.

I would really like to be able to include CP in my skin care routine. Someone suggested to try the FIRST generation of CP products, since she also cannot use the sencond but does well on the first.

I am going to pick up and try Neutrogena's CP serum for my face and one scar I want to treat, and the CP body lotion to try use on my chest area.

Neutrogena is using the same CP as Neova. The concentration might be lower, but thats okay with me. You are supposed to start slow anyhow, and I wont take a chance of losing a lot of money if it doesnt work for me. I can always upgrade to somehitng stronger as Neova later on.

Has anyone tried the FIRST generation CP products and/or Neutrogena's brand and what was your experience?

Thanks Smile

I dont want to buy the Neova just yet, since they are very pricey and I want to make sure this time, that I tolerate CP at all. Should I not be able to tol

Moinica, I am so happy that you started this post. I was seriously thinking of getting Neova.
Can you tell me if Neutrogena products can clog your pores? Maybe I will try it first.

Can you give us an update or PM me to let me know how things are comin along? I really want to hear your review.

Before you started using Neutrogena, what is your skin type like?
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Im not impressed with the Neutrogena CP serum. It not really a serum as you would think. Its like a moisturizer in a small pump if you ask me - has a LOT of different ingredients including strong emolients as well as strong fragrance. I only used it once and dont like it. It has too much other stuff to be layered as a CP product for deep delivery under a moisturizer or oil. Its so slick you cant really use anything over it without blending it right in. Its way overpriced that way too at $20/1oz considering its not very concentrated at all. You get 4oz of Skinbio CP serum for $40 and its pure CP serum.

Too bad I cant tolerate that.
lonsdally
5% products discount

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Shock
To Monica (senior member) have you tried the Folligen series of products; they have different strengths, and definitely not pricey. I do like the folligen cream for hair, as it slightly darkens your hair (honest).....Also Osmotics has a great copper cream, not at all irritating and I used it for about a year, and liked it, very much....

this is for carekate: would you give me the recipe for your "homemade serum" for eyelashes? Thanks.....I'm very interested. I used to use castor oil on my eyebrows and eyelashes; it does make them grow....
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
lonsdally wrote:
Shock
.....Also Osmotics has a great copper cream, not at all irritating and I used it for about a year, and liked it, very much....

I just bought this yesterday to use on my neck in the mornings. Very Happy I can't use Neova products because most of them contain an ingredient I react to (stearic acid). If you live near a Nordstrom's and are interested in trying Osmotics, they'll give you samples. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
lonsdally wrote:
Shock
To Monica (senior member) have you tried the Folligen series of products; they have different strengths, and definitely not pricey. I do like the folligen cream for hair, as it slightly darkens your hair (honest).....Also Osmotics has a great copper cream, not at all irritating and I used it for about a year, and liked it, very much....

just a quick note:

folligen products are made by skin biology.
as much as I love them, i wouldn't recommend this one fopr someone who had difficulty with cp serum.
in my experience, it's a bit stronger - particularly the cream formulation.

lonsdally -
I just started using these about two weeks ago, and it's too soon to tell, but i think i will continue.
i've heard some have improved color from usage, but so far i'm still sporting my silver.
I hope I'm one of the lucky one's that gets the color back benefit - time will tell.
lonsdally
5% products discount

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Smile I suggest that you really should try Osmotics copper skin products; not too pricey, and is somewhat stronger than
Neutrogena....Nordstroms carries Osmotics and
there are a lot of good comments re this line..also I like the queen silver soap; pricey, at 38.00dollars but it is good. Neoskin online will send you a sample package for just the shipping...so long for now

this is for carekate: would you give me the recipe for your "homemade serum" for eyelashes? Thanks.....I'm very interested. I used to use castor oil on my eyebrows and eyelashes; it does make them grow....
lonsdally
5% products discount

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy This for Monica34. My last msg regarding the Osmotics products and queen silver soap was for you....(also for everyone) and my msg left out the To: Monica34.....

System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |