Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
New job, plastic surgery or new skincare routine?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I see my hair stylist every 6 weeks and am good friends with several employees. I've also been unemployed for the past couple of months.

So, yesterday I go in and 3 people ask 'how's your new job?'. I finally asked why everyone's asking and 2 people said 'you look really rested and your face is glowing'. Another guy told me I looked really pretty but couldn't pinpoint what. (I wonder what they thought I looked like last year?)

It was funny because all the comments sounded exactly like those made to people who have plastic surgery ... well rested, glowing, can't put your finger on it ...

my usual makeup - J.Lynne MMU, Becca cream blush, Shisheido mascara base and mascara, Chanel eyebrow pencil, Laura Mercier eyeshadows and MAC fluidline.

What's new

1. JMAIE and Carekate's Lush Lash serum - my eyelashes are really looking good. I actually had to remove eye makeup from my lower lashes because I was looking to "doll-eyed". At one point we were talking about Halloween fake eyelashes and I looked in the mirror half-closing my eyes ... I couldn't BELIEVE it ... I could 'see' my eyelashes curling up beautifully, like Marilyn Monroe.

2. Carekate's Tinted Lip Balm - Dolce Vita is perfect for me and gives some color without looking too heavy.

3. Skincare - Started 6 months ago: Avene Ystheal Cream, Gel, and Diacnel, Skinceuticals C&E, SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex, Guerlain Midight Secret.

Added 2 weeks ago: Reviva DMAE serum, Carekate's Pearl Cream and Silk Dust, Overnight Lip Treatment and HA capsules.

I turn 44 tomorrow and I finally feel like I'm on the right track.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Well Rjez, Happy birthday!...and im really happy to read a comment like that.Its nice to read a note from a women that find her perfect beauty routine .That give me hope that one day I will find my own . Happy birthday again...
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Happy early birthday!

It sounds your skin is responding very well to the products you are using. That is great! Don't get tempted by new lemmings Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
skin medica TNS Recovery is really good, try their vitamin C it is the best on the market and when you put it on your skin looks better,like a makeup primer.
Anita Kalinowski
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Happy birthday Rjez! Very Happy
It's so wonderful to read stories like yours.
Obviously your routine works well and all the compliments will add even more sparkle to your looks. You go girl!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Rjez! wave It is always a *gift* when others notice you look good and tell you so! Glad to hear you are having such success with your skin-care regime. Your story has inspired me to not give up on finding the right products and routine for myself - the results are worth it!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I see my hair stylist every 6 weeks and am good friends with several employees. I've also been unemployed for the past couple of months.

So, yesterday I go in and 3 people ask 'how's your new job?'. I finally asked why everyone's asking and 2 people said 'you look really rested and your face is glowing'. Another guy told me I looked really pretty but couldn't pinpoint what. (I wonder what they thought I looked like last year?)

It was funny because all the comments sounded exactly like those made to people who have plastic surgery ... well rested, glowing, can't put your finger on it ...

my usual makeup - J.Lynne MMU, Becca cream blush, Shisheido mascara base and mascara, Chanel eyebrow pencil, Laura Mercier eyeshadows and MAC fluidline.

What's new

1. JMAIE and Carekate's Lush Lash serum - my eyelashes are really looking good. I actually had to remove eye makeup from my lower lashes because I was looking to "doll-eyed". At one point we were talking about Halloween fake eyelashes and I looked in the mirror half-closing my eyes ... I couldn't BELIEVE it ... I could 'see' my eyelashes curling up beautifully, like Marilyn Monroe.

2. Carekate's Tinted Lip Balm - Dolce Vita is perfect for me and gives some color without looking too heavy.

3. Skincare - Started 6 months ago: Avene Ystheal Cream, Gel, and Diacnel, Skinceuticals C&E, SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex, Guerlain Midight Secret.

Added 2 weeks ago: Reviva DMAE serum, Carekate's Pearl Cream and Silk Dust, Overnight Lip Treatment and HA capsules.

I turn 44 tomorrow and I finally feel like I'm on the right track.

I personally found that after a period of time when my company closed down, I was more stressed out because I was so bored. After, I got so relaxed and enjoyed the change of lifestyle...but soon it kicks in that you need to get a job and you can get stressed again. If finances is not an issue and you can afford to get facials, manicures and all that wonderful stuff that celebrities do on daily basis just to keep up, then enjoy this time.

I wish you a very happy, healthy and peaceful Birthday! Very Happy
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Rjez!!! I hope you have a wonderful 44th year!!! While I'm having trouble understanding why anyone would assume a well rested-looking person has just started a new job (seems counter-intuitive to me), being sincerely complimented by salon friends is especially gratifying! You MUST look mah-velous!!!

And congratulations on devising a beauty regimen that truly works for you. Actually, it's very similar to my own! I also use Avene retinoids (currently Retrinal) and SkinCeuticals (CE+Ferulic) -- and get a lot of compliments on my skin. HA capsules made my eyes look puffy though. And I just switched from Skincarecentral's DMAE to PSF's -- both have helped nicely, especially around my eyes and on my neck. The TNS Recovery Complex has tempted me but I haven't gone for it yet. What difference have you noticed since using it???
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Awww...that's great to hear! That is when you know what you're using is working! Hope you had a great belated birthday. Smile
paleface
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
It's definitely your skin that's glowing--your routine sounds excellent! I'm 43, so I can appreciate how it must have felt to hear those compliments. Way to go!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |