Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Back Acne- Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use for back acne??? I can't seem to stop breaking out on my back and have been through numerous courses of antibiotics (yes i finished each course completely). I have tried Proactive- topical antibiotics- nothing seems to work! I have also tried drugstore products (clearasil, neutrogena, OXY, VICHY, benoxyl5)- some of these only work on my face. I also went through a series of glycolic acid peels at the dermatologist. The only thing that helped was the Diane 35 birth control pill- but since my husband and I are trying to have kids- that really wont work! If anyone knows of a miracle product out there I would really appreciate it- I've even put away all of my low or no back tops and dresses.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Acne is really a trial an error thing, so many things can contribute to it! I recommend trying to balance out the pH of your skin with a cleanser that is acidic (like the ones diana yvonne sells). I also recommend using apple cider vinegar as a toner. Hope this helps Smile
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if you mean like you're getting a bunch of angry, red puss-filled guys or a lot of red bumps.

You might want to have a look at the DERMAdoctor Keratosis Pilaris Regimen Kit at http://www.dermadoctor.com/
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:33 am      Reply with quote
This is how I get rid off my back acne.
Every night in the shower, I scrub my back with a towel loofah (One that you can grab both ends and reach the whole back area) with any acne wash. Since the skin on the back is more resilient, so I scrub really hard to remove the dead cell and clear the congested pore.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
carmenlu wrote:
This is how I get rid off my back acne.
Every night in the shower, I scrub my back with a towel loofah (One that you can grab both ends and reach the whole back area) with any acne wash. Since the skin on the back is more resilient, so I scrub really hard to remove the dead cell and clear the congested pore.

I do something similar to this and have found the Neutrogena body wash helpful when used w/a nylon bath brush. I originally tried a sisal but it didn't hold up in the shower very well. Also, my breakouts seem to be directly related to what I eat so keep an eye out for that (dairy, etc.).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
well, if the only thing that fixed it was Diane, it's hormonal. So first thing to do is get the hormones under control -- take some b vitamines, some evening primrose, and some dong quai (yogi tea makes a good supplement tea). Or try one of the fancier all in one supplements from Murad or another company. hth!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys,
I am getting so depressed over this. I think it might be a hormonal thing like waffle says- but i really can't take anything for it right now- I am taking materna, and have a problem with kidney stones- so I have to watch my vitamin and minerals intake.
I will try taking more B vitamin though- it is supposed to help with my kidney stones as well.
I will try the back scrub technique like a few of you suggested.
Oh and they acne is sometimen angry red pussers, or sometimes just red bumps!

I hope I'm not grossing anyone out!

I heard fish liver oil helps (omega 3s) has anyone heard about this?
thanks!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I have a prob with this from time to time and now have brown acne marks left from them which are slowing fading with exfoliation and glycolic washes and lotion. Think min started the time I started to use birth control so it's probably hormonally related Mad . I'll try some vit b too, I found that zinc is actually been helping when taken regularly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
My daughter had this issue and now tries to always rinse all her shampoo and conditioner before showering/washing body... She has noticed improvement and thinks residue may have remained on her skin by rinsing conditioner last..
Time will tell and I'll let you know if the improvement proves to be consistent.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
argh i hate back acne... I used to suffer from back acne when I got off the birth control pill 2 years ago. It was a nightmare because I couldnt wear any tank tops or anything showing off my back and I had some acne on my chest area as well. It's a funny thing because if my face is clear of breakouts, my back and chest suffer and vice versa. What I did was use a body wash by Khiels called Tea tree body wash morning and evening before bed... it didnt cure the problem but helped calm down the acne a little bit. Then I would put acne cream on those pimples and a bandage over top of it so the cream won't rub off as you do your daily activities. It certainly helped calm down the acne but it didnt stop it. Then I went on Yasmin birth control pill and my back/chest acne totally cleared up for about 2 years. Now for the past couple weeks I have noticed a couple pimples on my back that I havent seen in 2 years. I think this might be hormonal but I hope it goes away. I don't know what you can do to prevent the breakouts on your back since you can't take birth control pills but once you get pregnant your hormones may shift causing either more acne or less acne (lets hope it's less)
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:47 am      Reply with quote
This will be a silly suggestion most likely but I read some raves on an Asian forum about using head and shoulders as a back-acne treatment. They swear by it.
christiania
5% products discount

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
two words: benzoyl peroxide, and all your woes will disappear. go to your nearest drugstore and pick up some gel containing benzoyl peroxide. (note- stay AWAY from panoxyl as it is extremely drying and will irritate even skin that is not sensitive- I find benzagel is the most effective). Apply benzagel daily on afflicted areas on back and shoulders after showering and I promise the acne will go away. If it stings or feels irritated then try using it every other day. Also give it a few weeks for the acne to disappear- remember skin is cyclical, and just because acne is still coming it doesn't mean the benzagel isn't working (the acne that appears after using benzagel was forming in the past and now it's just getting out of your system).

Anyway try the benzagel out and report back. I hope everything works out! I know what its like to be self conscious and avoid backless tops in summer!
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:42 am      Reply with quote
If you do choose to use any Benzoyl Peroxide leave-on treatments, please make sure that it is dry, dry, dry before you put on any clothing Smile

Tina
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I did try benzol peroxide, proactive and benoxyl 5 (which works great on my face) but no such luck for my back. But I get lazy after a few weeks of putting this stuff on my back at hard to reach spots- I guess I should try again and be more diligent.
Maybe I will try the head and shoulders thing- does anyone know why this would work.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I just googled head and shoulders and back acne- looks like this stuff has worked miracles for some people.

The "classic clean" H&S is the one to get, lather up and leave on for 5-10 mins then rinse off. Some people had their body acne cleared in 3 days. Sounds hopefull- apparently the zinc in the H&S shampoo is what is clearing the skin.

I will pick up a bottle tonite and let you guys know if I see a differnce in a few days. hopefully this is the miracle product I have been waiting for!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Oh By the way, does anyone know where you can buy apple cider vinegar, pharmacy or grocery store Rolling Eyes ????
thanks
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
Oh By the way, does anyone know where you can buy apple cider vinegar, pharmacy or grocery store Rolling Eyes ????
thanks

I buy mine at the grocery store; I've never seen it in a pharmacy, but I've never looked for it there either hmm I am curious to see your results with the H & S. I may pick some up the next time that I am out.

Tina
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh do let us know how it goes Canadian Girl! I sometimes suffer from back acne as well, and though it is under control at the moment it will be handy to have an easy remedy.

I also suggest you use salicylic acid lotion then emu oil on your back. I am basically treating my back like I would my face. Using a OCM cleanser, then moisturiser containing SA then emu oil.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
somebody tried to use the greed mud from borhgese on the back, and seemed to work.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
H&S huh, must be the zinc. Will pick up a bottle over the weekend.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Okay,
Day 1 of the H&S regime, lathered it on and left it on for about 5 mins- felt a little tingling.

No miraculous clear ups yet- but will keep you all posted.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
Okay,
Day 1 of the H&S regime, lathered it on and left it on for about 5 mins- felt a little tingling.

No miraculous clear ups yet- but will keep you all posted.

Yay! Thank you for the update. Have you tried it for a second time yet? Was your skin irritated or dry after using it?

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies,
Ok, I think it is day 4 now- and my back is definately clearing up, no new breakouts, and the old ones are healing FAST!
So I have been using a natural exfoliating back brush and dropping some H&S on top of it and scrubbing my back- waiting about 5-10 min and rinsing off, the whole time my hair is pulled up and not touching my back.
SO this seems to be working- cross my fingers- that is will keep clearing my back.

The classic clean has 1% zinc and there is an intensive H&S as well- with 2% zinc. I am going to stick to the classic clean for now.

I don't feel any tingling or anything, but my skin is pretty tough. And my skin has not been irritated or dry!

SO far so good, have any of you tried this yet?

Thank you so much Cuppre for suggesting this!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Bought a bottle of H&S yesterday of the classic clean and will be starting this as of tonight myself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, this sounds promising! I will pick up a bottle to test it out. Can't hurt and it's cheap to boot! Thanks, Cuppre.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |