Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Laura Mercier Eyeliner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I can't remember who recommended this brand and the tight lining method but I picked this up and a brush over the week-end and I love the look you get. Thanks so much. I love this board.

Kimberly
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Actually I love it too. I hused to be a make up artist for Laura Mercier and this is the most natural way to get a eyeliner. The colors a gorgeous and it stay all day. Just a little practice on how to apply it. Very Happy Im happy you like it too.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. I needed the practice. It ended up in some interesting places. Laughing She recommended the blue liner and now I want the black too.

She also recommended the brow powders which I bought. I was surprised at how much difference that made. These were my first LM products. I was tempted to look at the Discretion lipstick but I'm doing the Lips2Kiss system and I want to follow the directions without temptation.

Kimberly
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Next time your at Laura's counter look at the quality of the foundation and the powders. The tweezer and the lash curler are the best. Secret camouflage is very nice too. And ho...just for fun you should try crème brulé body soufflé...yummy!
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
There is pretty much nothing LM that I don't like. I live in the tinted moisturizer and the sheer metallic eyecolor. The concealers are good, if a bit heavy. All in all though, LM is really really good for the "no makeup" look. everything blends well. doesn't make me break out, either ( and a LOT makes me break out).
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I can't remember who recommended this brand and the tight lining method but I picked this up and a brush over the week-end and I love the look you get. Thanks so much. I love this board.

Kimberly

OK, I'm about to ask a REALLY dumb question (seeing as how I used to be a makeup artist) ... but what exactly is "tight lining"? How do you do it? Special tools used? Please help ...! Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Katya can probably explain better than I can but you apply the liner from underneath the upper lid. It's kind of like pushing it up into the lash line. I purchased the LM eyeliner brush. However, I want to see what Katya says. She's the pro. Laughing
Kimberly
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Well MermaidGirl, BluesHeart got it all ! You nead to buy the Flat eye liner brush to be able to do it proprely. The trick is to band your head backword and you look in your mirror as low as possible. (For exemple: Marilyn Monroe type , if you know what I mean ) then using your brush you push the color in your lash line. You can lift your eyelid a bit it help. I dont know how to explain it more then that . You really need to go to a counter and ask a makeup artist to show you...its really nice and natural.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
If you use the searh function, I think I posted a link earlier! HTHS
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
katya, I think I know what you mean ... a stupid question ... is there a danger of getting the stuff into your eyes? Confused Sounds a bit scary to me - that is - with my clumpsy hands Wink .

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds very nice and natural. Smile I should try it myself.

Thanks for sharing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
When I tightline, I spend a long time doing it, more so than I would with just straight eyeliner. I've only ever gotten it in my eyes when I was in a hurry and 'missed', if that makes sense.
It does look very nice. This usually ends up as the post that everyone goes to.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |