Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My rave for Candessence products r/o
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:
we all know I love Candy's dmae, that is nothing new, but lately I've been using it on "the girls" with some pretty good results, although I must say I do forget some nites, the firming is happening!!!!! Now that I am seeing some results, I am going to be slapping more of this stuff on them!!!

Please expound!!!! Very Happy Did I read it right or is my migraine affecting my brain?If I'm right, are talking about little girls or big girls?

I may have to order a gallon Embarassed

well....once upon a time, the girls were nice size, now there ummmmmm sad to report small...so they do need some help in the get back home department, and this is truely working!!! Had I known I would have to report my dimensions, I might of ommited this jewl of info.... Laughing hmmmm Candy, oh Candy...can I order a VAT!!!!!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:
i don't like her website not having a connection to her email either. I hope she'll change that soon.

for anyone having problems finding her email addie on the site, just click on the Information bar on the left hand side from any page or go to this: http://www.candessence.com/about.html
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
thanks la vie en rose...was that there all this time? Embarassed
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:
thanks la vie en rose...was that there all this time? Embarassed

yup! don't feel bad, though. every site has their contact info listed under different headings. it can be confusing sometimes.... just didn't want you to think Candy was hiding from her customers Bad Grin
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Well, I ordered Candy's December special too and I'm happy with the consistency of the serums. Like you all have been saying, they sink right in.
I've been using them for a month now and I'm not sure I'm seeing anything in terms of increased firmness, but my skin does look really good.
However, I've had a problem with DMAE: it's causing some sort of allergic reaction to my right eye only. Every time I tried to apply it, my right eyelid gets swollen and I get a bag underneath. I know it's the DMAE because I've experimented with various products. combinations. Anyone else had this?

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
lilome

That is really strange. My take on this is that it is not the DMAE causing the irritation. Why I say that is because it is only happening to one eye and no other part of your face. I would suggest that you just apply the DMAE to your face and neck for a week. Once you know the area around your eye has settled down try to a apply just around the orbital bone. I find that I only need to use the smallest amount of DMAE around my eyes. If you get a reaction after just apply DMAE to your face and neck. HTH
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
lilome wrote:
Well, I ordered Candy's December special too and I'm happy with the consistency of the serums. Like you all have been saying, they sink right in.
I've been using them for a month now and I'm not sure I'm seeing anything in terms of increased firmness, but my skin does look really good.
However, I've had a problem with DMAE: it's causing some sort of allergic reaction to my right eye only. Every time I tried to apply it, my right eyelid gets swollen and I get a bag underneath. I know it's the DMAE because I've experimented with various products. combinations. Anyone else had this?

ditto what Winnie said, also odd its only one eye!!! I bet ur right handed too, maybe when u apply it ur more heavy handed on that side! I would think if reaction it would be both eyes, but def skip ur eye area till you know for sure.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
we all know I love Candy's dmae, that is nothing new, but lately I've been using it on "the girls" with some pretty good results, although I must say I do forget some nites, the firming is happening!!!!! Now that I am seeing some results, I am going to be slapping more of this stuff on them!!!

FANTASTIC!! never thought of that!!!

I haven't actually started useing mine yet... (Anxious ) but will be slathering the ol´boobs Laughing and have informed the BF that he is going to be useing it as well... I am under the impression (maybe it's denial, but really deeeeeep denial then) that I don't need firming up...but he does Bad Grin and I' such an Angel that I'm gonna help him out!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:

FANTASTIC!! never thought of that!!!

I haven't actually started useing mine yet... (Anxious ) but will be slathering the ol´boobs Laughing and have informed the BF that he is going to be useing it as well... I am under the impression (maybe it's denial, but really deeeeeep denial then) that I don't need firming up...but he does Bad Grin and I' such an Angel that I'm gonna help him out!

rofl , might work awhole lot faster on him!!! Let us know. Too funny!!
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:08 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
debbied wrote:
i don't like her website not having a connection to her email either. I hope she'll change that soon.

for anyone having problems finding her email addie on the site, just click on the Information bar on the left hand side from any page or go to this: http://www.candessence.com/about.html

how long does it generally take candy to respond to emails? i'm really interested in ordering some products, but want to make sure i'm getting the right ones for my skin . . .
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Sark, Candy usually responds to email pretty quickly.

Okay, rather than starting a new thread, which I was going to do, I'll just add on to this one.

Has anyone else gotten Candessence's April Special? I'd been visiting it online and longing for it for quite sometime until I decided to "convince" DH that I both neeeded and deserved it!

This basket of goodies is gorgeous! The products are sheer, unadulterated bliss. If you've used Candy's soaps you already know they're scrummy. The Bubble Silk Milk Bath is too divine--silky and softening--and so is its complementing soap. The tea is lovely and that is the cutest honey-dip spoon.

The only problems I have are that my bath gets cold and I run out of hot water before I'm ready to get out and I can't seem to make myself write in that precious little journal. Heck, I can't even seem to put my name in it.

A

Candy, let's see if we can collaborate on finding a way to keep the bath warm for hours (days?).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
The April package looks gorgeous.

Candy very kindly sent me a couple of things that are in it. Haven't tried the Spa Soap yet (although it smells divine), but the Foot Butter's absolutely great - very refreshingly minty and nicely moisturising. I think it'll be perfect for those days when you've been on your feet a lot and they're aching.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank god I received the order from Candy during my horrible stress out time! I ordered Brown Sugar scrub and Yummy Berry scrub and Body Butter. Everything smell so great! I show them to my SO and he wanted to try the Berry scrub. He wouldn't try the brown sugar one. He said it looks too much like "food"... Laughing Laughing Laughing
He loved the Berry scrub and even used it two days in a row. He is as smooth as baby now
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I tried the brown sugar scrub today and it was a rather interesting experience. I wasn't very sure what I was doing and the scrub....oatmeal like thing...I have no idea...and I think maybe I used too much product? about 3 tablespoon?
Anyway, my skin felt great and not dry but I slathered the vanilla body butter Shock
What a pleasant experience. Not sticky and melt right into my skin. I

Candy also included free soaps with my order but I don't know what scents they are...
I already want to make another order with Candy...I want more Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Berry Yummy Scrub today. I love how it felt and spread on the skin. But, somehow today I thought I smelt a hint of chemical...don't know why Confused I prefer the smell of Brown Sugar Scrub but I prefer the texture of Berry Yummy Scrub (its easier to use compare to large chunks of Brown Sugar Scrub)...I wonder if Candy will come up with more scents?

I have to say it again that I am in love with Candy's Vanilla Butter Cream whipped butter. It smells divinely yummy
I went to Candy's website wanting to check other available scents of whipped butter. I would like a fruity scent to use in the coming summer. Candy's website took off Vanilla Butter Cream
Shock I wonder if that only means sold out or she is not going to make it anymore? Confused
I would be rather sad if its really gone
Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I also just received the new whipped butter. It smells wonderful and the texture is neat it just melts onto your skin. I put it on my hands twice a day and love the smell at night.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I also just received the new whipped butter. It smells wonderful and the texture is neat it just melts onto your skin. I put it on my hands twice a day and love the smell at night.

Hi sharky,
Which scent did you get?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:03 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Ruth wrote:

FANTASTIC!! ...and have informed the BF that he is going to be useing it as well... I am under the impression (maybe it's denial, but really deeeeeep denial then) that I don't need firming up...but he does Bad Grin and I' such an Angel that I'm gonna help him out!

Ok - I tried to control myself but I can't!!! I wanna know exactly what on him you're trying to uhhhhh "firm up" Cool

You would Katee sweets - lol - his face of course, nothing else needs firming... Razz

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
My body butter is the spa scent. I also ealier had the Bergamot one. I like them both.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Can you or someone else describe the spa scent or post the ingredients (essential oils)?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
My body butter is the spa scent. I also ealier had the Bergamot one. I like them both.

What does the spa scent smell like? Can you describe it? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
The spa scent has a floral base I think it smells like freesia to me but not really sweet and heavy more clean with a slight tang. I've smelled it a bunch of times to try to identify the undertone but I do not seem to be able to identify it. The label does not tell the essential oils it just says "fragrance".
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of the Matrixyl serum. The texture is lovely, sinks in quickly with no residue.

I feel a slight tingling though but it goes away quickly. Does anyone else experience this? Im only spot treating ATM under eyes and above top lip where i have some fine lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Candessence DMAE then Firming Serum with good results now for ~3days. Lip Service is showing some promise too.
Candy was generous enuf to send a full size bar of "Forest Muse" Soap, which is very creamy and moisturizing, but doesn't leave a greasy feeling, just smooooth. The frag is something like "Vitabath", but more forest-y. Def a keeper.
Fawnie

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I recently received another Candessence order aswell, and am loving everything and amazed at the free products I received too. The Forest Muse soap is my favourite, absolutely amazing scent. I haven't tried the black rose one yet, but it smells lovely too.
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I have a few of Candy's bath products. They are very very nice and some of them smell so delicious! Keep it up, Candy.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |