Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My rave for Candessence products r/o
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I order the sample size Vit C DMAE and HA sent to the office. For some reason I did not wear makeup today and the samples were in. I went into the bathroom and applied the Vit C waited about 10min (at my desk) then the DMAE and HA and dusted my face w/translucent powder so far I have had 3 people tell me how smooth and glowing my skin looks. Candy uses the DMA 1st then waits about 10min then the Vit C then the HA & moisterizer. in the AM at night the DMAE then serums and moisterizer. Hope that helps anyone w/the order. The Vit C feels some much better than SC so Iam keeping my fingers crossed that my skin likes it. Very Happy Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the DMAE and cannot wait to get mine. Sounds like you've got a winner combo going.

Kimberly
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Candy's Vit C serum, too, and LOVING it compared to the SC product.

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:22 am      Reply with quote
thank you for the order of products on the skin, red head. it gets soooo confusing! (i still might try the C first as well sine i know i'm oilier than she is.) am anxiously awaiting my package of goodies Dancing it's my fault, though. i kept on adding to the order for xmas goodies so candy never got to send it until yesterday Laughing

would love hearing updates on how it's going for both of you as you continue using it. i've yet to get the "glow" from a C product itself (though i think i'm perfecting my HG night routine that does). as far as i'm concerned, you can *never* have too much glow!!!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
thank you for the order of products on the skin, red head. it gets soooo confusing! (i still might try the C first as well sine i know i'm oilier than she is.) am anxiously awaiting my package of goodies Dancing it's my fault, though. i kept on adding to the order for xmas goodies so candy never got to send it until yesterday Laughing

would love hearing updates on how it's going for both of you as you continue using it. i've yet to get the "glow" from a C product itself (though i think i'm perfecting my HG night routine that does). as far as i'm concerned, you can *never* have too much glow!!!

so would my "flush" I get with her VitC, be this magical glow yall speak of? Leave it to me to miss it completely and call it a flush oh well I am getting old, I guess its allowed!!!!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
ok also forgot to add, I asked Candy to sell me a matrixyl 3000 at 8%, while I am really likeing this, she included a sample size of a super charged matrixyl 3000, and all I can say is this on top of dmae is very firming Dancing , Candy def has a winner here. In short, its a cross between a cream and a serum, more on serum side, so its last thing before your cream, sinks right in and within seconds you can feel the firming!!!! great stuff. The plain matrixyl 3000 is a bit thicker than her other serums, but still sinks right in, its more a long term product, and the super charged is long term with great instant benefits!!! Another winner ladies!!! So if young I'd go for the plain matrixyl 3000, but if cough cough getting older, I'd beg for the super charged!!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, no! There's another product I must have...
I'm anxiously waiting for my Vit C from her, but now I want the Matrixyl too. It takes me twice as long to get my serums and oils on as it does to actually put on makeup. - I guess that's good, though.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that sounds wonderful. I love her DMAE 6%, and the matrixyl sounds like a must have. Thank you for posting this. Enjoy the glow!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Ok after about 3 weeks using the super charged matrixyl version, I am beyond impressed, the firmness is def cummulative, I washed my face last nite, and was blown away at neck firmness as well as face. I am truely loving this product!! I am still using the dmae 6% and I am clueless if together there working more magic than either alone, either way, these results are def making me happy. Both still sink right in, no balling up at all!!!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie, are you noticing anything else, like decreased fine lines and such? I really may have to break down and try this.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
How do I find these products?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
oh man, everyone is making me want to buy MORE. I just placed a huge order with carekate, I am gonna have to check out Candy's specials before they end on December 20th.

Bex, you can get candy's products through her website:

http://www.candessence.com/

If you're interested in her skincare, there's a special for the 4 items when you click on the "december specials" link. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much skincareaddicted! Happy Holidays!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
no problem bex, happy holidays to you and everyone too! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:46 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
oh man, everyone is making me want to buy MORE. I just placed a huge order with carekate, I am gonna have to check out Candy's specials before they end on December 20th.

If you're interested in her skincare, there's a special for the 4 items when you click on the "december specials" link. HTH

oh my god!!! i just got these last night and put them on this morning. they are absolutely divine. they are so weightless it's like putting multiple layers of water to your face and mine just glowed by the last one. it feels like nothing on your skin but a sprinkling of faery dust (in looks not texture). these are SO must-have products, at the very least to try. i've gotten so used to heavy C's and serums and this just feels gorgeous, like my skin will be able to breathe again! doing the happy dance here Laughing obviously i can't tell you any long-term effects, but i really doubt i will have any break-outs or whatnot as her products are so pure. i am just tickled pink! order order order!!!

oh, and for those still looking for x-mas presents or stocking stuffers, her holiday specials are the cutest! i've ordered for people both here and in the states and now i'm mad that i didn't get one for myself to use during travel. sigh. well, learn from my mistakes. the price is phenomenal and sure to bring a smile to anyone's face. i think today's the last day to order as well.

happy girl here Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:04 am      Reply with quote
LaVie I can see your ecstatic Very Happy but which products are you using?

I'm planning on ordering the C and the DMAE myself. Just love watery serums. I know this has been gone into ad nauseum but this DMAE product is neutral, isn't it? Not alkaline.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:12 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:

oh my god!!! i just got these last night and put them on this morning. they are absolutely divine. they are so weightless it's like putting multiple layers of water to your face and mine just glowed by the last one. it feels like nothing on your skin but a sprinkling of faery dust (in looks not texture). these are SO must-have products, at the very least to try. i've gotten so used to heavy C's and serums and this just feels gorgeous, like my skin will be able to breathe again! doing the happy dance here Laughing obviously i can't tell you any long-term effects, but i really doubt i will have any break-outs or whatnot as her products are so pure. i am just tickled pink! order order order!!!

oh, and for those still looking for x-mas presents or stocking stuffers, her holiday specials are the cutest! i've ordered for people both here and in the states and now i'm mad that i didn't get one for myself to use during travel. sigh. well, learn from my mistakes. the price is phenomenal and sure to bring a smile to anyone's face. i think today's the last day to order as well.

happy girl here Very Happy

la vie--not helping me.... Shame on you Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
LaVie I can see your ecstatic Very Happy but which products are you using?

I'm planning on ordering the C and the DMAE myself. Just love watery serums. I know this has been gone into ad nauseum but this DMAE product is neutral, isn't it? Not alkaline.

i'm using all four. even her HA is like water! i believe that her DMAE is neutral, but don't quote me on it. i'm truly sorry, but all the pH stuff and wait times get me nutty sometimes. i usually *don't* have the time to wait for everything to absorb in the morning. that may mean i lose some efficacy, but, hey, i've got a lot of mornings to make up for that. Laughing (apologies beforehand to all faithful adherents of wait-times and whatnot). i used the C first (i always do), then the DMAE, and then the HA. i used to have to add the HA to my C to buffer it on my skin, but not this -- and it's 20%!

you really should get the whole lot to try out (price is right). her eye oil is divine. after using a certain eye cream (ahem!) and thinking it helped my bags, i noticed yesterday that they were an absolute dehydrated flakey mess. put the oil on last night and this morning (with Chrysalyx over it) and they're soft as silk (bags and all) and almost back to normal. it sank in immediately and you can't even tell i put oil there other than the fact that they look so much happier than yesterday. even though it's an oil, it seems as light as the rest of her products. i think this one might suprise you!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:32 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
la vie--not helping me.... Shame on you Laughing

just do it!!!

i so wanted to like these products because they're Candy's, but i'm just really bowled over. i would have loved them no matter whose name was on them (and there is a certain popular company that i have a bias against because my old boss is the UK distributor)! i'd kind of gotten resigned to the fact that my face had to be a bit of a greasy heavy mess once i applied all the potions and whatnot. not so! even my sunscreen seemed lighter today and my face feels naked. it's such a liberating feeling!
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:38 am      Reply with quote
*adds to list of lemmings*
I noticed that the scent bar is gone from the Candessence site. Does that mean that I can“t bug her for other scents for the solid perfumes?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
*adds to list of lemmings*
I noticed that the scent bar is gone from the Candessence site. Does that mean that I can“t bug her for other scents for the solid perfumes?

nah, i just think she was a little over-whelmed with x-mas and all. just email or PM her.
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Fantastic, thanks!
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Silly question......in what order do you apply the products? Can anyone suggest a great cleanser? I love the idea of Kanebo's doubling cleansing...open for suggestions...thanks!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
bex wrote:
Silly question......in what order do you apply the products? Can anyone suggest a great cleanser? I love the idea of Kanebo's doubling cleansing...open for suggestions...thanks!

this is opening a whole can of worms (check out http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18360 and you'll see what i mean).... personally, i used the C, the DMAE, and then the HA and eye oil. over that moisturiser, sunscreen, and light makeup. i am only using these products in the day as i prefer to use actives at night on a naked face.

as for cleansers, i'm using Eve Lom in the evening (not everybody's cup of tea though) and Epidermx in the a.m. my skin is enjoying stepping away from traditional cleansers and seems to be very happy with this.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi bex! It's good to see you posting again. Smile

I did the double cleansing process for while but have since swithced to using only a cleansing oil in the evening and then using Cellcsosmet Cleansing Gel in the morning. Right now I am using the Amore Pacific Cleansing Oil and that is very nice. I have used the Kanebo one and that is good as well. I plan on switching to Eve Lom soon but regardless of what cleanser I use I think I will stick with an cleansing oil type cleanser only for the evenings. I don't think that the Kanebo cleansers will work for me and am very impressed with the Cellcomset cleanser although I am thinking of using water only with no cleanser in the mornings.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |