Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My rave for Candessence products r/o
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
in case you all missed it, sigh, another lemming: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18748
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
No, I didn't miss it...I've just been busy breaking the kids' piggy banks! Rolling Eyes Now let me at it!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
MelissaMarie, are you noticing anything else, like decreased fine lines and such? I really may have to break down and try this.

Yes def decrease in lines, ect. I've been using her dmae for a few months and its def cummulative as well. My face just looks great!!!I do believe its not alkaline as well, but email Candy for confirmation. I think I've said this 1000 times, but her serums are fab, they truely sink right in, no residue, nada!!! And like La vie en rose, I so wanted to like her stuff, because well I'd love to support one of our own, but I truely am blown away by her products!!!
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks TheresaL! Hope all is well with you! Great reading your post, I definitely need to keep your regimen in mind. Take care!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, MelissaMarie! I've loved everything that I've tried of Candy's! I'm definitely going to have to try this and the new C serum. I just placed an order, though, so I've got to wait a little while. Sad
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
her eye oil is divine. after using a certain eye cream (ahem!) and thinking it helped my bags, i noticed yesterday that they were an absolute dehydrated flakey mess. put the oil on last night and this morning (with Chrysalyx over it) and they're soft as silk (bags and all) and almost back to normal.

Sorry Lavie I missed this little gem before Laughing Come on! Name that cream! People will have to keep on finding out on their own otherwise. Wrecked my eye area too (temporarily).
I was just checking back on this thread because I got my Candessences today; the December special plus the Matrixyl 3000. I'm not as ecstatic as some of you, but they're nice. Anyway, only day one.......
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
her eye oil is divine. after using a certain eye cream (ahem!) and thinking it helped my bags, i noticed yesterday that they were an absolute dehydrated flakey mess. put the oil on last night and this morning (with Chrysalyx over it) and they're soft as silk (bags and all) and almost back to normal.

Sorry Lavie I missed this little gem before Laughing Come on! Name that cream! People will have to keep on finding out on their own otherwise. Wrecked my eye area too (temporarily).
I was just checking back on this thread because I got my Candessences today; the December special plus the Matrixyl 3000. I'm not as ecstatic as some of you, but they're nice. Anyway, only day one.......

Hang in there Molly, one day won't tell you anything, especially with matrix 3000 that is long term (months of use, since it rebuilds from inside out), although after a week or two you should def feel a diff.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the triple C and can't wait to try this. I'm so excited. Hope I get the "flush" too!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

i posted it in a review of this product (full of raves) and will probably be flamed as it is Rolling Eyes it's amazing how people hate to trash free product (and perhaps i'm one of them?).
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered a sample of the triple C and the Matrix firming, plus the vanilla body butter. If it took the place of my beloved Is Clinical Super or Proheal, now that would be a bonus to have the glow at a more manageable price. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I agree AnnieR. It would be great if the triple c could replace the ISC Super Serum! I got the vanilla body butter (monoi) also.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Candy's body butter is devine!!! Talk about baby butt skin, a little goes a long way as well. I've used alot of what feel oily type prodcuts and I think I love them till about 3 hours later, then I am drier than I started, not so with this, the next morning I was not dried out at all, still soft and happy skin!! I got a grapefuit type scent, and while I think lots would love it, I'd prob prefer one of her other scents for me, so next time I am going for the lemon one. But anyone that wants a good body product, here ya go.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I just received my package from Candy with the body butter (pink grapefruit), the exfoliating cleansing butter (pink grapefruit) and (of course) the Triple C serum. I used them all this morning after my shower.

Both the body butter and the cleansing butter are BEAUTIFUL. I suffer from bacne, so I need to be careful about the products that I use on my chest/back...hopefully it will all be okay with the cleansing butter Pray .

I also love the body butter. I normally do not like body butters since they just never sink into my skin (and then rub off on my clothes leaving me with dry skin), but this leaves my skin very soft but not slippery or greasy -- AWESOME!

The fragrance of both of these products is very light and does not clash at all with my perfume.

I'll reserve my review of the Triple C until I've used it for a couple of weeks, but I will say that, as an oily-skinned gal, the texture is very very nice! Sinks right in - no weird oiliness.

I'll be purchasing more of the body products, that's for sure! Excellent products, Candy!

Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I emailed Candy last night asking about the order of things. Her response was "Application would be the C serum, then the DMAE." I don't know if the order of things really makes a difference as I see you do it the opposite way and you're getting good results. Smile
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I want to add a rave for the Candessence Vitamin C + vitamin E + ferulic acid serum. I posted within the first few days of my receiving it because I new immediately that I love the texture of it. Having previously tried a vit C+E+ferulic product from Skinceuticals that was sticky and smelly (to me), I find Candy's serum very light. It sinks in very well and doesn't feel heavy or tacky afterwards. I have now been using this product for several weeks and can say that it is giving me great "glow" (or "flush") without any irritation. The only other products I am using are a BHA product in my T-zone to keep my pores in check and moisturizers (emu oil, jojoba oil, HA sera). Due to cold weather, I even stopped using CareKate's Ultrasonic Facial Scrub (something else I love) in the past month...so I know that the improved texture and brightness of my skin is due to Candy's C+E+ferulic.

I should add that I always have gotten a "glow" when I apply vitamin C. I put it on, and I can see my face look brighter. What's wonderful now is that my skin has had overall improvements and looks better round the clock--even when I am fresh from the shower or when I skip a day because I forget to put it in my gym bag. Even my husband noticed and commented that my skin is smoother, brighter, and more "porcelain" like.

I think that this product is the best! (Although I am now aching to try Candy's Triple C product thanks to all of the raves about it. Is it even better? I can't wait to find out!)
Priscilla

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I've just ordered the full size 6% DMAE and triple C after using the samples for just 2 days. Very cool. Also bought a sample of the matrixyl (sp?) 3000. Am also kicking myself because I just read about the body butter! I have tubs and tubs of body creams that give me little itchy bumps.

I am on a skincare binge lately, don't know what it is! Have pretty much tried every eye cream recommended on this site and then some! The skincubed kinda made my under eye area crepey, the pure caffeine one gave me mila, dr. wexler just kinda sat there. Right now using Valmont on one eye and another one (forgot the name) on the other. Basically have puffy bags that won't go away. Candy's DMAE has helped tighten up the crepeyness.

I was also told by a person who works for Dermalogica that the MAP vitamin C is one of the few things that is truly effective for hyperpigmentation.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've been re-using her vit C triple, since I figured out it was balling up only due to my lack of shaking it (lmao), its been a week and wow this stuff produces!! My skins glowing, not just for first 15 minutes of use, but day and nite!! It does sink right in, mine stopped sinking in and I freaked (this is my big pet peeve with serums), but a few shakes and wala were back to sink right in, then apply other serums and alls good. I am almost out of sample size, so off to candys to order big daddy one!! The textures silky as compaired to watery (I love watery) but am def loving the silky as well now! Her body butter is amazing, you can't lose on that either. I have the body butter shower stuff, and had bathroom painted (so no showers) but will def be using it soon, the reviews on it are great as well.
mcwccj
5% products discount

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
I've been re-using her vit C triple, since I figured out it was balling up only due to my lack of shaking it (lmao), its been a week and wow this stuff produces!! My skins glowing, not just for first 15 minutes of use, but day and nite!!

That is so true! I ordered Candy's december special where it came with the Triple C, DMAE, HA . I'd been using all the 3 products for about 2 weeks now and I got so many complements. I was told I look very radiant and "glowing"! My skin actually looks brighter and the DMAE is not irritating at all. The lines underneath my eyes are less visible and overall my skin definitely looks better and more firm. I'm ready to order her Matrixyl 3000 next as I ordered a sample earlier. That is another winner! I'm so excited about her products!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,after reading all the reviews on Candessence I went on the web site and could not find any contact info on the homepage finally I found a fax number and an e-mail address which could not be accessed from the page. Anyway I did send Candy a message because I was interested in the 4% DMAE for lift. I received a message that she got my message and that was about it. I guess she is very buisy to give advice on skin products. I would love to try some of her products but do not know what to try. I am in my 40's and have the usual signs of aging: 2 forehead lines, that pesky line between my eybrows and slight nasolabial lines, and I have noticed loss of firmness. I use dremu oil,coconut oil and have thought about using AlphaDerma CE. I have dry skin with no sun damage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
mcwccj
5% products discount

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Candy is very good in answering emails and questions. All my email questions are either answered immediately or the next day.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
Hi,after reading all the reviews on Candessence I went on the web site and could not find any contact info on the homepage finally I found a fax number and an e-mail address which could not be accessed from the page. Anyway I did send Candy a message because I was interested in the 4% DMAE for lift. I received a message that she got my message and that was about it. I guess she is very buisy to give advice on skin products. I would love to try some of her products but do not know what to try. I am in my 40's and have the usual signs of aging: 2 forehead lines, that pesky line between my eybrows and slight nasolabial lines, and I have noticed loss of firmness. I use dremu oil,coconut oil and have thought about using AlphaDerma CE. I have dry skin with no sun damage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, I am surprised you haven't got a response. Maybe there's a system glitch. Candy is VERY responsive. She's also very helpful with answering your questions. Ok, I was having the same problem as you, and I have not been using anything special until I came to EDS on my desperate quest to combat aging...haha It seems whatever the heck I am trying must be working because now my eyes aren't so tired looking (but I must try to get more sleep), and the 11 lines between my brows are playing peek-a-boo with me, sometimes I see them, sometimes I don't. The nasolabial lines are definitely softer. My pores are much smaller, and my skin on my forehead is becoming smoother. If you want to know my crazy and somewhat unestablished routine, just let me know. I must say I have not finalized what I want to use always yet, because I am in the experiment mode. Something is working, and that is all I know. Oh, and if I can get more sleep I am sure my eyes will look so much better AND can see better, too.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Candy did receive my e-mail asking about skin care because she responded back to me that she had and would let me know something later but I never heard anything back. I assumed she forgot all about it!
Cariesse I would love to know your skin care routine!
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Starlight, I'm sure Candy will get to you soon. She has so much going on (wife, mother, full time job w/police, yada yada yada.) i don't like her website not having a connection to her email either. I hope she'll change that soon.

I think everyone should have a stash of her DMAE. The improvements in my skin from using it daily (since summer '06), are simply amazing. Good luck & I know you'll be thrilled with the results of the DMAE.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
we all know I love Candy's dmae, that is nothing new, but lately I've been using it on "the girls" with some pretty good results, although I must say I do forget some nites, the firming is happening!!!!! Now that I am seeing some results, I am going to be slapping more of this stuff on them!!!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
we all know I love Candy's dmae, that is nothing new, but lately I've been using it on "the girls" with some pretty good results, although I must say I do forget some nites, the firming is happening!!!!! Now that I am seeing some results, I am going to be slapping more of this stuff on them!!!

Please expound!!!! Very Happy Did I read it right or is my migraine affecting my brain?If I'm right, are talking about little girls or big girls?

I may have to order a gallon Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |