Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

new skin problem appears - red blotches
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
The hyperpigmentation on my lower cheeks finally seems to have subsided with my nightly Diacneal/Ystheal rotation but yikes - in place of that I now have permanently pinky/red patches Rolling Eyes . It doesn't appear to be broken veins. What is it? Will it go away? Is this something anyone else has experienced once their hyperpigmentation left them?
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly Very Happy
You've had ten lookers but no answers. Confused
Is the red skin smooth, or rough looking. Is it new skin?, from smoothing away the hyperpigmentation?
I hope someone can help you. I have red patchy places too, its so hard to explain. Its like instead of one even tone its all intertwined like a moziac, and thats why I have been using the lactic to *even* things out.
I was just wondering if it was smooth or rough because if it was rough patch red I thought it may be case of dry areas, but you would probably know if it was that or not.
paleface
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Two thoughts/suggestions:

This sounds like irritation, possibly from Diacneal--its glycolic/retinaldehyde combination is really potent. You may want to cut back to Diacneal 2x a week (use Ystheal on the other nights) and see if that makes a difference.

Are you using a high SPF/PPD sunscreen daily, half a teaspoon on face and neck, reapplying after extended exposure? This is absolutely crucial when using a retinoid like Diacneal and/or Ystheal. You *must* protect your skin--maintaining an even skin tone is impossible without proper sunscreen.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,

I agree with Paleface's post.

I've heard of some developing rosacea-like symptoms from retinoids/acids. Sounds like that may be what's happening with you?

Definitely cut back on the Diacneal, use a good sunscreen, and see if that helps.

Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Molly *does* use a good sunscreen (many a thread in the past).... have to agree that Diacneal may be the culprit (especially with the weather we've been having which your skin has not been subjected to for quite a while). i've cut back to only using it every third or fourth night. that said, i do have some patches that are sticking around -- but they just seem to be more slow-healing boo-boos Rolling Eyes your skin probably just needs a little more TLC now that you're back in the UK (i know i have to completely change my routine when i go back to the states for a few weeks every now and again). and remember, Diacneal *is* crazy strong....
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:

Is the red skin smooth, or rough looking. Is it new skin?, from smoothing away the hyperpigmentation?

It's smooth and doesn't feel like irritation. Besides if it was simple irritation from glycolic/retinaldehyde why would it just be where my hyperpigmentation use to be in exactly the same shape/patches?
I've been studying my father's face and think it might be a precursor to broken veins - I've noticed he has big patches of that in the same places.Shock I'll lay off acids (have been recently apart from the diacneal anyhow) and if it doesn't go away I'll have to think about BQing it, I guess.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
that said, i do have some patches that are sticking around -- but they just seem to be more slow-healing boo-boos Rolling Eyes your skin probably just needs a little more TLC now that you're back in the UK

Lavie - are those patches of redness or hyperpigmentation? I don't know about the TLC thing - my skin's much happier here I've even decided I don't really need HA and emu (a little experiment). Not sure my skin's so keen on the DMAE though. Anyway, I'll cut back/cut out the Diacneal like you suggest and see. It's such a shame though because my skin was looking so nice with it and now this ......... Sad
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Lavie - are those patches of redness or hyperpigmentation? I don't know about the TLC thing - my skin's much happier here I've even decided I don't really need HA and emu (a little experiment). Not sure my skin's so keen on the DMAE though. Anyway, I'll cut back/cut out the Diacneal like you suggest and see. It's such a shame though because my skin was looking so nice with it and now this ......... Sad

not sure, to be honest. they were cystic break-outs from my pain meds that are taking their aweet time to go away (even though i'm off the meds). and i'm saying cut back, not stop using it! maybe every two nights? or maybe still *use* your emu? maybe just keep it away from those spots and see how they fare??? (glad your skin's enjoying being back BTW!)

totally forgot about the possibility of BQing my spots. (i use it nightly on my arm and am usually to exhausted to touch my face.) i must start up again as it really did seem to help with blotches!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
maybe still *use* your emu?

I can't. It smells of onions - so much for keeping it in the fridge Laughing
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Quote:
maybe still *use* your emu?

I can't. It smells of onions - so much for keeping it in the fridge Laughing

maybe pour it over your mashed potatoes??? Bad Grin
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly - This same thing happened to me when I used SkinCeuticals Retinol. I had red blotches in the area between my cheekbones and jawline, on the sides of my face. I figured my cheekbones were causing the product to build up more right underneath them as I applied the retinol with upward strokes.

It's a stretch, I know, and may not be what's happened to you.
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly I have had some red patches too, mine are due to glycolics though, and what seems to help is my IS clinical super serum, it does even out once I give it a rest, but I am on a mission with my pores and also some chickenpox scars.

I have a sample of the Diacneal that I received with some other products but was unsure what it is used for? Also where to incorporate into routine, I am using IS clinical cleanser active, also just received sample of mandelic acid and have used that some nights in place of my active, wait 30 mins use cp serum and spot treating scars with super cop 2x Very Happy
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Molly, you have the BQ?
If you don't mind me asking, how big is the red area?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have it, but have been considering it for some time primarily to treat some spider veins. Was just hunting for the cheaper version actually - I'm owed several years worth of birthday presents here Very Happy so I'm on the verge of ordering.

One patch is big, maybe 2 and a half inches by 1 inch. The other tiddly.

I'm really not sure it is the glycolic. Since I dropped the DMAE today it's looking much better. My skin has been nice and lifted for the past two weeks with it, but it didn't feel at all comfortable.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I was just wondering about the size of it, because I wasn't sure if it was cheaper than the bq or not in terms of disappearing it. I know the bigger the area, the more expensive it is for ipl, but its definately worth it. Plus, it ranges from doctor to doctor. I haven't read up on the bq thread yet and didn't really know how effective it is in terms of that. Last time I checked in I didn't really get any real answers to that question. (I didn't post one, I was just looking for someone to say how well it worked on them...etc) I'll have to go have a looksee and catch up.

Not at all comfortable in terms of what? Itchy, tight? What dmae were you using?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
If you have a look at Scally's progress pictures with the BQ she managed to virtually eliminate veins around the nostrils. There was another woman (forget her name) in the main thread with sensitive skin and redness and she'd done well too.

Actually I was exaggerating about the size of the patch.

I mean uncomfortable in an 'unnaturally tight' and dry way. Hope that's clear Laughing not burning, not itchy, not sore.

I've been using a sample from DY the IN version and just switched to the PSF version which arrived yesterday. I think this alkalinity isn't something my skin likes.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |